Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

The vex feels like a work around for players who were auto rifle users hit by the auto rifle nerf.

I use it on some maps but I find Thorn or Red Death to have faster time to kill if you're able to aim headshots.

The Lash is also good (insane range!) but you really have to get that first headshot in a 1:1 or else the slow ROF will see you downed.

TLW is a joke of a gun - the ability to two shot people firing from the hip at ranges where it just shouldn't be possible makes it a pain. A range nerf is needed (it's range stat is poor - yet it's able to kill from further away than the stat would imply). TLW should be a close range annihilator ... but not at distance.

Still ... it all comes down to skill. For every OP weapon there's a counter strategy to be honest.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think TLW needs a nerf, it's extremely powerful but it actually takes a bit of skill to use (I'm rubbish with it).

Vex has crazy auto aim, by far one of the easiest weapons to get headshots with.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

AdamD wrote: »
    Its not ridiculous at all, its an easy to use weapon that will be outgunned pretty easily by decent players using hand cannons.

But thats the thing, hand cannons are overpowered and there are loads of weapons that are outgunned by them, not just the Vex. Besides, its not as if you need to be a decent player to use a hand cannon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    But thats the thing, hand cannons are overpowered and there are loads of weapons that are outgunned by them, not just the Vex. Besides, its not as if you need to be a decent player to use a hand cannon.

Thorn is the only one that's particularly easy to use thanks to its range, auto aim and poison damage imo, most of the others require 3 headshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If you can't beat them, join them lads. That's what I did and I'm fcuking loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Shotguns are fine, they're shotguns they're doing what they're meant to. Fusion rifles need a buff, no reason to use them over something else improve damage drop off. A lot of maps are smaller so suit handcannons better but they need a big nerf to damage drop off and accuracy. Should be better effective range than the high fire rate ARs and shorter than the high impact ARs. Not many maps suit the scout, and the pulse have a good risk/reward but precision multiplier should be increased for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

With Blink, you're essentially able to use a shotgun from middle distance. That's not fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If you can't beat them, join them lads. That's what I did and I'm fcuking loving it.

This

Varik wrote: »
    Shotguns are fine, they're shotguns they're doing what they're meant to. Fusion rifles need a buff, no reason to use them over something else improve damage drop off. A lot of maps are smaller so suit handcannons better but they need a big nerf to damage drop off and accuracy. Should be better effective range than the high fire rate ARs and shorter than the high impact ARs. Not many maps suit the scout, and the pulse have a good risk/reward but precision multiplier should be increased for both.

Shot Package + any range perk would contradict that, you can get one hit kills from crazy distances with the right perk roll.

With Blink, you're essentially able to use a shotgun from middle distance. That's not fine.

So the weapon should be nerfed for all classes so that it's not OP for 1. The problem is blink not shotguns then, adding a short delay after blinking before you can should would sort that. Hunters are already the red headed step child already so may as well nerf their abilities.

• Advertisement

Warlocks also have blink. The delay needs to be increased and shotguns need to have less range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Warlocks also have blink. The delay needs to be increased and shotguns need to have less range.

Shotguns have less range? i've never come across a game where shotguns had such a terrible range.
    Its funny how Humans in Destiny have terraformed new planets in the solar system yet they couldn't create a shotgun that kills someone standing three metres away.:rolleyes:

Weapon balance is obviously a concept that goes over your head

Warlocks also have blink. The delay needs to be increased

Don't play warlock and honesty never seen anyone use it so had no idea.

Still say range is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

DaraDali wrote: »
    You need me on your team :) Add on xbox one is Carniflex

We Will add you later for some IB!

we rocked it on the XB1 yesterday team of 6, we were just waiting to come up against the other lads - itchy, gerard, bag and mickey.

We'd of whiped the floor with ye......:cool::cool:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think TLW needs a nerf, it's extremely powerful but it actually takes a bit of skill to use (I'm rubbish with it).

I agree here, I think TLW really take skill to use and I'm also useless at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I love my TLW, haven't been able to get consistent with Thorn. I have my Shadow Price with Field Scout in the Vault, waiting for AR's to get back to where they where, roughly, before the nerf. And it needs to be ascended.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We Will add you later for some IB!

we rocked it on the XB1 yesterday team of 6, we were just waiting to come up against the other lads - itchy, gerard, bag and mickey.

We'd of whiped the floor with ye......:cool::cool:

No hope scrub :P

Did any of you see this video on Reddit today :O :O :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8rEFQ-HtXo&feature=youtu.be

My word I'm doing this before they patch it.

I will be sorted for Xúr engram friday!!!

Check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just back from a week in Scotland and itching for some destiny action. Should be around after 9 this evening if there's anything going on. Need to do NF, weekly heroic, PoE, and as much IB as possible :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone on for Void burn Skolas this evening?

After a bit of Iron Banner of course...

Anyone on for Void burn Skolas this evening?

After a bit of Iron Banner of course...

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting it done.

Vex has crazy auto aim, by far one of the easiest weapons to get headshots with.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind getting it done.

yeah I'll second that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Check this out.

What's the video Johnny ? Can't see it in work.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's the video Johnny ? Can't see it in work.

Sorry wrong hyperlink, here:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Check this out.

I might be missing something but how will it help you for xur?

Hococop wrote: »
    I might be missing something but how willbit help you for xur?

I read the heading wrong there and read that as 408 "Motes" of light ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just got the BTRD-345 machine gun. It's seriously good

Got a couple of 5 kill streaks in a row with it in Crucible without any upgrades, and I'm not someone that gets those very often, lol

Frustrating night of IB. Connection issues everywhere - when you see Titans moving as if they're using blink you know something is up!

Horrendous games for at least half the matches ... no chance to get into a win rhythm. When connection wasn't an issue we were holding our own ... but I've never had as many iron medallions over the course of an evenings play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I read the heading wrong there and read that as 408 "Motes" of light ****!!!

Crap, so did I & I told my friends last night. I'm not going to be popular.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement