Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Had a good time in the IB last night. Played for about 90 minutes with a group from including CDB and Redzer. We went on a pretty great run at one stage before collecting a few iron medalions. But finished off with a fine win.

Its actually the first time I've played in a team for IB. Makes it so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Frustrating night of IB. Connection issues everywhere - when you see Titans moving as if they're using blink you know something is up!

Horrendous games for at least half the matches ... no chance to get into a win rhythm. When connection wasn't an issue we were holding our own ... but I've never had as many iron medallions over the course of an evenings play

When You left last night I said, Era "lads I'll have one more game.....no no I'll go till I lose"

Worst call every we went on like a 5 game streak, bait now in work haha.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is the information in this post by GenericDreadhead still accurate for the current Iron Banner?

IB Levelling Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Is the information in this post by GenericDreadhead still accurate for the current Iron Banner?

IB Levelling Guide

Yes this is very good and completely true going to run my secondary character threw on last 3 days and hopfully get him to Rank 5 too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IB Levelling Guide

Apart from the new thing where your secondary characters get another buff to help you level them up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When You left last night I said, Era "lads I'll have one more game.....no no I'll go till I lose"

Worst call every we went on like a 5 game streak, bait now in work haha.:D

So what your saying is after Merry left you all started winning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Had a few games of IB last night and got the Ill Will HC, with Zen Moment, Explosive Rounds and Counterbalance. Some SERIOUS impact on it. Same as Timurs Lash, with slightly reduced stability and Reload is less than half that on Timurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Apart from the new thing where your secondary characters get another buff to help you level them up too.

According to a Reddit post the buff doubles the amount of reputation you gain for lower level alts.

Also http://www.ironbanner.info/ has been updated to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

IB Levelling Guide

That's from 2 months ago, I threw up a new one but I didn't include anything on the "Catch up" mechanic as I was away in Wicklow (by Snipers gaf actually I think :pac:) for a funeral, so seeing as there is little else to add right now, the tables in that are correct. The one major thing that's changed is ALL Iron Banner weapons are available in the Loot Table from Rank 2 onwards.

Anyway...
    I was away...
    Now I'm back...
    Iron Banner is on....
    My body is ready!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »

The damage curve has also been changed. Its now -1% damage per level below 34 until level 29, before falling off the cliff to -90% damage for a level 24.
    CGg5qWhVIAADrRz.png

• Advertisement

Whats the verdict on Skolas this week? Is it fairly doable now that it's Void Burn? Been avoiding it as I hate over-levelled stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Depends how you want to do it. Its been extremely easy each week if you just DPS the crap out of him at the start.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Whats the verdict on Skolas this week? Is it fairly doable now that it's Void Burn? Been avoiding it as I hate over-levelled stuff

Well, everyone's favourite Destiny Youtuber, the inimitable PROFESSOR BROMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thinks it's pretty straight forward this week with Void. So, take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Well, everyone's favourite Destiny Youtuber, the inimitable PROFESSOR BROMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thinks it's pretty straight forward this week with Void. So, take from that what you will.

Did he perhaps scream out that useful information?

I intend to avoid him because I've an intolerance to shouting.
    And muppets.
    So there's a Venn Intersection to avoid right there.

Yeah, I'd rather play Rumble than watch anything with him in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bungie have turned the loot drop spigot wide open for this IB. I've received 7 legendaries in the space of two days so far. I also like that they have included a wider variety in IB specific guns in the loot table, I got a Radegast's yesterday.

Busted out Pocket Infinity and had a blast, that sucker is a wrecking ball, even with all the messing around that Fusions have dealt with. Really looking forward to getting a full auto Gheleons, that could be something special for PvP.

It would be great if they had an Inferno type play list that prohibited all Exotic weapons, actually force people to expand their boundaries away from Thorn/ TLW/ Vex.

Did he perhaps scream out that useful information?

I intend to avoid him because I've an intolerance to shouting.
    And muppets.
    So there's a Venn Intersection to avoid right there.
    Yeah, I'd rather play Rumble than watch anything with him in it

:)
    I started watching him when I first picked up the game. His vids on how to get through VoG where, in my opinion, well presented with all the mechanics and strats to get through each stage. When he's done that sort of content, he has been failry reserved by his own standards. His weapon / armour / weekly reviews and the other stuff he generally puts out is quite unwatchable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Bungie have turned the loot drop spigot wide open for this IB. I've received 7 legendaries in the space of two days so far. I also like that they have included a wider variety in IB specific guns in the loot table, I got a Radegast's yesterday.

Busted out Pocket Infinity and had a blast, that sucker is a wrecking ball, even with all the messing around that Fusions have dealt with. Really looking forward to getting a full auto Gheleons, that could be something special for PvP.

It would be great if they had an Inferno type play list that prohibited all Exotic weapons, actually force people to expand their boundaries away from Thorn/ TLW/ Vex.

Plenty of legendary drops last night alright but didn't see too many IB weapons, mostly the low impact auto's, shotty's and fusions. I did have a legendary engram turn into the exotic sniper Patience & Time which hasn't happened in a long time.

Its a bonus that the range of IB weapons dropping has increased and dropping from rank 2 now instead of rank 3 previously. Small but welcome improvements across the board.

The tweaks now have put the game in a near perfect state imho..... well as perfect as an RNG-Based FPS-style RPG/MMO shooter with Space Magic and f**k all story or cutscenes can get

4063140-8162933093-hes-r.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Solo'd the Nightfall last night for the first time ever and all I got was a Legendary Heavy engram which decrypted to the FWC heavy machine gun The Culling. Then I ran it a second time with a friend, and again I got a Legendary Heavy engram and it turned into....... The Culling again............... WTF?

I've run all the Nightfalls since HoW came out and I have not seen any Etheric Light drop as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Same with me ... two legendary engrams from two runs, both of which gave me vanguard gear that I could just have bought with my stockpile of unused vanguard marks.

You could always join us on IB for two guaranteed pieces of etheric light per character.

Join us Steve. Join the Dark Side and together we can rule the Galaxy as Despot and Pirate!

we can rule the Galaxy as Despot and Pirate!

insert_pirate_pun_by_alien_autopsy-d8dl6jc.png

What did you even google to get that image :pac:

Same with me ... two legendary engrams from two runs, both of which gave me vanguard gear that I could just have bought with my stockpile of unused vanguard marks.

You could always join us on IB for two guaranteed pieces of etheric light per character.

Join us Steve. Join the Dark Side and together we can rule the Galaxy as Despot and Pirate!

Not really sure what that picture is of, but it could represent my current love/hate relationship with this game!

Merry, I'll try and set aside a few hours tomorrow evening and Saturday to give Iron Banner a go if you guys need another body.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is Etheric Light the only way of levelling up past 32?

I seem to be stuck on 32.

Can you buy it somehow?

Do I need to do the 3 other POE to unlock anymore of the game that I'm missing?

Cheers

What did you even google to get that image :pac:

Google image search "despot pirate".

It's a strangely captivating image even though I have no idea what is going on in it and I don't know what's it's from. I like!

Can you buy it somehow?

Cheers

3 ways really to get level 34 gear (Light Value of 42):
    Etheric Light
    PoE Gear from Variks
    ToO Gear from Brother Vance

AFAIK Level 33 gear doesn't exist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can you buy it somehow?

Cheers
    If you have been doing the POE lvl 32 for the last three weeks than you should be 34 now. It gives you an armour core to buy armour off Variks. This week it's helmet. Other than that you need etheric light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

3 ways really to get level 34 gear (Light Value of 42):
    Etheric Light
    PoE Gear from Variks
    ToO Gear from Brother Vance

AFAIK Level 33 gear doesn't exist

Also, you can ascend a fully upgraded exotic armour to 42 with an exotic shard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement