Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

nevelator wrote: »
    Also, you can ascend a fully upgraded exotic armour to 42 with an exotic shard.

Yes, this too, in fact this is what I did 1st, gets you straight to 32.5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    What did you even google to get that image :pac:
    Google image search "despot pirate".

It's a strangely captivating image even though I have no idea what is going on in it and I don't know what's it's from. I like!

I have entirely too much time on my hands here in work.

This kinda sums my work day up nicely:
    EExyWei.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cheers lads.

I made my ruin wings 42 straight away which brought me to level 32 just about.

I love he heavy drops they give.

I haven't done the POE lvl 32 yet. Must ask a few of ye to run it with me some evening.

I also haven't play and don't know how to get to play trials of orisis or whatever it's called.

As for buying stuff to help level up from Varkis.. Who's that?

In the reef I can see the queen, some hairy guy with a cane and the cryptach lad.

I'm not sure I've opened everything up.

Bear in mind I was a little late to the party so I'm only gettin my bearings with the new dlc and haven't had time to play as much as I'd like.

Hoping to get on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

That hairy guy with the cane is Variks. He's the vendor for PoE.

Trials of Osiris is only available Friday 6pm through to Tuesday 10am every week.

So I've figured out how I'm going to get to the Lighthouse without Saltys help :pac: (Needs music/headphones for full effect)

• Advertisement

That hairy guy with the cane is Variks. He's the vendor for PoE.

Trials of Osiris is only available Friday 6pm through to Tuesday 10am every week.

Sorry not online at the minute so couldn't check was that him. Will look at his stuff later.

I'll miss TOO this weekend as I'm not about. Maybe next weekend.

If anyone's bored and fancies looking at all the stuff I have in my inventory and let me know what's useful or useless that'd be great.

Ascendancy shards, etc...

I kinda just horde stuff but don't know why half the time.

I have 66 strange coins now too. Must buy some xur stuff next time he's about. Havent liked the look of his recent stuff so didn't bother with it.

Sorry not online at the minute so couldn't check was that him. Will look at his stuff later.

I'll miss TOO this weekend as I'm not about. Maybe next weekend.

If anyone's bored and fancies looking at all the stuff I have in my inventory and let me know what's useful or useless that'd be great.

Ascendancy shards, etc...

I kinda just horde stuff but don't know why half the time.

I have 66 strange coins now too. Must buy some xur stuff next time he's about. Havent liked the look of his recent stuff so didn't bother with it.

It's pretty much all useful now cause if you have it in your inventory you can go trade stuff at the speak in the tower, he'll give you other stuff like Motes of Light and you can buy strange coins off Xur for these now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone notice that some of the base stats of IB weapons have changed?

I had Silimar's Wrath drop for me last night - new version has much higher stability, range and as much impact as Abyss Defiant now - unlike the total bullet hose it used to be. Magazine is also smaller (44 instead of 60).

Both are completely vanilla by the way - neither levelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so interesting thing happened today while doing my last Poe 35...

If this is a glitch it is more than welcome!!

Wonder if I will get 2 rewards as well...

Wait until we kill the boss...

It's pretty much all useful now cause if you have it in your inventory you can go trade stuff at the speak in the tower, he'll give you other stuff like Motes of Light and you can buy strange coins off Xur for these now

Cool cheers for that. I knew I had heard somewhere that you could trade items etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The main thing I hope that gets implemented now is an option to either purchase weapon parts directly or trade in equivalent armor materials. Need to find a good loot cave to grind for emblems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The main thing I hope that gets implemented now is an option to either purchase weapon parts directly or trade in equivalent armor materials. Need to find a good loot cave to grind for emblems.

Got so many of the hunter armour stuff and none of the rest. Swapping those with a bit glimmer would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Bungie needs us to keep grinding, it's an integral part of the way Destiny has been designed. Lack of content and originality backed up with RNG to keep us all hanging on. We're junkies and Destiny is our drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The connections in IB have been atrocious. It's so good when you get a close game where everyone has green bars and is just as disappointing when you play a team of red bar guys teleporting across the map and you spend the game kill trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The connections in IB have been atrocious. It's so good when you get a close game where everyone has green bars and is just as disappointing when you play a team of red bar guys teleporting across the map and you spend the game kill trading.

Sounds more like lag switchers, eugh...

Bungie unleashed the ban hammer on a few of ToO cheaters there a few days ago, I'd say more on the radar....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

3 out of the last 4 games I've just got a blank screen with it saying trying to reconnect, I just want to get to lv3 with my titan and then I'm done with it, can't stand it, all the fun is taken out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Fieldog wrote: »
    Sounds more like lag switchers, eugh...

Bungie unleashed the ban hammer on a few of ToO cheaters there a few days ago, I'd say more on the radar....

Matchmaking kicked me from a Boards group last night for inactivity, a high percentage of poor connections are just that not cheating. I did get back in but on the opposing side. Lost but managed to get a couple of "space magic" Nova bombs on control points.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Xur:
    Helm of Saint-14

Young Ahamkara's Spine

Obsidian Mind

MIDA Multi-Tool

Exotic Shard

Body Armor Engram

Nothing there for me really, might buy the hunter gauntlets as I don't have them but will probably just spend all my coins on motes tbh.

Don't forget if you're short strange coins......

Go to the speaker, covert Weapon Energy and Armour Shards to Motes of Light
    Then convert 2x Motes of Light to a Strange Coin via Xur

EDIT: I was wrong, sorry, never mind

Helm of Saint-14 and Obsidian Mind are MUST HAVES
    Young Ahamkara's Spine is C-Tier
    MIDA is B-Tier

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

With those chest engrams there's going to be a lot of purifier robes in Trials this weekend.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    With those chest engrams there's going to be a lot of purifier robes in Trials this weekend.

Now there's like..... what.... 5 Reasons not to stand within 25 metres of a recently deceased warlock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you really wouldn't want to wander into Destiny's multiplayer wthout knowing anything about it.
    Happily going about your business on a 5 kill streak when you get Titan Smashed, get going again when you see a little blue hunter running towards you but it's ok he's only got two knives. Respawn and finally kill a warlock for him to self revive and stick a grenade to your back.
    This isn't COD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you really wouldn't want to wander into Destiny's multiplayer wthout knowing anything about it.
    Happily going about your business on a 5 kill streak when you get Titan Smashed, get going again when you see a little blue hunter running towards you but it's ok he's only got two knives. Respawn and finally kill a warlock for him to self revive and stick a grenade to your back.
    This isn't COD

As someone who played a lot of Black Ops 2, I'm glad it's not. The supers are fun and what sets the game apart. It's a less-skill required TROLOLOLOL-fest :pac:

If AbusesToilets People so badly want to play a Super-less, Radar-Less, Heavy-Weapon-Less, Exotic-Less play mode..... they should just play CS:GO or something.

It's like saying the Single player would be great if there were less planets, races, space magic and it was set in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

As someone who played a lot of Black Ops 2, I'm glad it's not. The supers are fun and what sets the game apart. It's a less-skill required TROLOLOLOL-fest :pac:

If AbusesToilets People so badly want to play a Super-less, Radar-Less, Heavy-Weapon-Less, Exotic-Less play mode..... they should just play CS:GO or something.

It's like saying the Single player would be great if there were less planets, races, space magic and it was set in 2010

The reason people want this is because Destiny actually has a nice gun skill level which could make it fun and different to cod. But its rather diluted by Supers, Shotguns and Heavy ammo. CS:GO isn't on console either ;)

TBH the reason why I dont enjoy PvP in DEstiny is nothing to do with supers, etc but because of the game modes.

For instance, IB, playing the same game mode for a week, over and over and over and over and over and over... after 2 or 3 games I am just bored sh..less, also, most of those games are about holding an objective which forces people into camping etc

Not really,as removing those things wouldn't actually affect the gameplay or make it more competitive which is all a proper "hardcore" or whatever you want to call it mode would do. It's a fairly common thing in most shooters and is a bit surprising it wasn't implemented considering Bungie's reputation pre Destiny came from making one of the most competitive console shooters going. Trials is certainly a move in the right direction though, having only one Heavy and (usually) one super over the course of the match is great.

Fair points, well made..... but ..... NOVA BOMB!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    TBH the reason why I dont enjoy PvP in DEstiny is nothing to do with supers, etc but because of the game modes.

For instance, IB, playing the same game mode for a week, over and over and over and over and over and over... after 2 or 3 games I am just bored sh..less, also, most of those games are about holding an objective which forces people into camping etc

Did you not play search and destroy on COD ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you not play search and destroy on COD ?

And nothing else... I know lol

However I did find S&D more challenging and also, it was possible to win a game even if paired up against a Clan (to an extend of course). Every S&D game felt different, and 1 person could make the difference (like a good difference) which meant I didnt have to rely on my teammates to win games.

Hated BO though, only played MW, MW2 and MW3... very little BO1 and no BO2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Xur:

Nothing there for me really, might buy the hunter gauntlets as I don't have them but will probably just spend all my coins on motes tbh.

Did I miss an update, are Motes useful now?

I now we can use them for a Buff in the IB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement