Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did I miss an update, are Motes useful now?

I now we can use them for a Buff in the IB.

You can use them to re-roll legendary weapons to get better perks for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AdamD wrote: »
    The reason people want this is because Destiny actually has a nice gun skill level which could make it fun and different to cod. But its rather diluted by Supers, Shotguns and Heavy ammo. CS:GO isn't on console either ;)

CS:GO is on the Xbox 360 and the PS3( not available in Europe on ps3).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Did the Nightfall last night, just two players and I got Hawkmoon as a reward!
    That means I have a exotic for primary, secondary and heavy!
    Very happy with last night.

My friend only got 10 strange coins, let's hope Xur came prepared. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Bohrio wrote: »
    TBH the reason why I dont enjoy PvP in DEstiny is nothing to do with supers, etc but because of the game modes.

For instance, IB, playing the same game mode for a week, over and over and over and over and over and over... after 2 or 3 games I am just bored sh..less, also, most of those games are about holding an objective which forces people into camping etc

You got this total wrong, the enjoyment from play with a team of 6 with a different team against you each time is brilliant and I dont feel it gets one bit repetitive.

Very very few campers in the game due to supers and shotgun+blink.

IB = the best week of destiny once a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You got this total wrong, the enjoyment from play with a team of 6 with a different team against you each time is brilliant and I dont feel it gets one bit repetitive.

This is my first time playing IB with the lads and I'm living it. Defiantly not as stressful as TOO :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I actually couldn't get into ToO for whatever reason. I think it was partially drink related but it drove me crazy. Generally enjoy IB and looking forward to some of it this weekend.
    Bohrio's comment about the same game mode being repetitive is not without foundation. Doesn't bother me as I like control but there's been plenty of grumblings about it from my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

CS:GO is on the Xbox 360 and the PS3( not available in Europe on ps3).

I had it on ps3, bought it on the US store as it was due to come out on the European one 2 weeks after, it was left out in error and actually never made it to the store, was madness. Very enjoyable game and would definitely buy it if it were to come out on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is the Thorn bounty worth doing? Just got it after handing in some IB bounties.

Seems like an awful lot of work though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

nah... find it boring to me, can maybe play it for 1 h tops, after that I just can't stand playing more domination...

Worst part of PvP in Destiny fo rme is the lack of game modes, had similar issue with Titanfall as well.

But then again I am a S&D fan, so might likes mmight differ from most here. If you like domination or TDM then this game is probably for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You want to be packing a sniper again this week in ToO. The map is Widows Court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the Thorn bounty worth doing? Just got it after handing in some IB bounties.

Seems like an awful lot of work though!

Yes, very worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Quick IB question.

Is it quicker to level two characters to IB Rank 3? Or get one to Rank 5?

Quick IB question.

Is it quicker to level two characters to IB Rank 3? Or get one to Rank 5?

2 to level 3 if you have the IB items.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nah... find it boring to me, can maybe play it for 1 h tops, after that I just can't stand playing more domination...

Worst part of PvP in Destiny fo rme is the lack of game modes, had similar issue with Titanfall as well.

But then again I am a S&D fan, so might likes mmight differ from most here. If you like domination or TDM then this game is probably for you

Lack of game modes in Titanfall?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    2 to level 3 if you have the IB items.

I do. I'm after the Etheric Light at Rank 3.

Anyone playing IB now on PS4 want to join up?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lack of game modes in Titanfall?

When I stopped playing there were only 2 or 3

The game was intense but after a month I just got bored

I had a great time in the IB last night. I joined up with a team of lads from here including Redzer and we went on a great run. I think we won 8 games in a row, maybe 7.

During that run I had probably my best ever personal run in IB too. I was getting so many kills with TLW it was unreal (at least by my standards). Plus I was playing with my alt so was getting a nice little bonus on top, rep wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've been finding myself playing IB much better too, usually I work with a team and pick off people's heads with Icebreaker.
    It could be because I'm getting better or it could be because all the "MLG's" are playing ToO instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

If any if the xb1 crowd fancy the PoE 32 and 34 thus afternoon let me know. Just jumping on now to do some IB but wouldn't mind getting PoE done.

• Advertisement

If any if the xb1 crowd fancy the PoE 32 and 34 thus afternoon let me know. Just jumping on now to do some IB but wouldn't mind getting PoE done.

I need to do both so I'll give you a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

When I stopped playing there were only 2 or 3

The game was intense but after a month I just got bored

Titanfall is the best competitive multilayer game I've played this gen so far. It has some great unique game modes like Last Titan Standing and Marked for Death (probably my favourite). Its a great buzz when you're Marked and being chased by everyone. There's also a Pilot only game where nobody has Titans.

Even Capture the Flag felt fresh and new because of the huge maps, crazy parkouring and Titans running round the place. It has way more game mode variety than Destiny. Not sure why Bungie didn't implement a CTF mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So much salt right now on Bungie's forums over the recent Crucible bans. I highly recommend it if you want a good laugh.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics/0/1/0/Help

Titanfall is the best competitive multilayer game I've played this gen so far. It has some great unique game modes like Last Titan Standing and Marked for Death (probably my favourite). Its a great buzz when you're Marked and being chased by everyone. There's also a Pilot only game where nobody has Titans.

Even Capture the Flag felt fresh and new because of the huge maps, crazy parkouring and Titans running round the place. It has way more game mode variety than Destiny. Not sure why Bungie didn't implement a CTF mode.

Are those new game modes? I am pretty sure that it only had TDM, Domination and anotherone I can't remember

Loved the game but after 1 month of only playing those game modes I got bored.

The bots also made it very annoying at times, back them I wished they had a pilot only mode, seems like they learned their lesson

Did well as well in that game, similar to CoD in many ways, easy MP and easy to do well even if you were aggressive

I will be looking forward to titanfall 2 when it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Good to see I'm still gash at ToO, had myself worried there for a moment coming off of a respectable showing in IB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just started playing the game a few weeks back, I only get to play a few nights a week and some hours at the wkend but have gotten quite addicted to it. Currently lvl17 but looking forward to finishing the story and getting stuck into light leveling. Haven't set foot inside Crucible yet so that will be an interesting baptism when it comes. :pac:

Envious of all of yee with the kick ass gear. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just started playing the game a few weeks back, I only get to play a few nights a week and some hours at the wkend but have gotten quite addicted to it. Currently lvl17 but looking forward to finishing the story and getting stuck into light leveling. Haven't set foot inside Crucible yet so that will be an interesting baptism when it comes. :pac:

Envious of all of yee with the kick ass gear. :)

What console are you on ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What console are you on ?

PS4, psn id is usagi_san. Boards touch doesn't show my sig for some reason.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    PS4, psn id is usagi_san. Boards touch doesn't show my sig for some reason.

I'm sure Cormac and the lads will help you out. Are you in the clan ?

• Advertisement

Another quick IB question.

If you finish off today's bounties are you better off handing them in after tomorrow's reset for more Rep? Will that work?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement