Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm sure Cormac and the lads will help you out. Are you in the clan ?

Yep, he's given me great info already, very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Another quick IB question.

If you finish off today's bounties are you better off handing them in after tomorrow's reset for more Rep? Will that work?

If you finish them today hand them in today, the IB bounties are the same everyday. So you would miss out on picking up the same bounty again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If you finish them today hand them in today, the IB bounties are the same everyday. So you would miss out on picking up the same bounty again tomorrow.

Okay. Thought I could hand them in tomorrow and then just pick up the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Is the Iron Banner scout rifle worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

yea, one of the best ones in the game. A must have.

• Advertisement

So much cheating going on in Trials. Playing earlier and between the 3 of us we had 3 kicks to login screen, not to mention all the other connection based crap.

I'm just 37 points off Rank 5. And that final win just won't come!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

In 170 trials games I'm yet to encounter any cheating :confused:

Tearing my hair out now. 37 points off Rank 5. 9 game losing streak. And I just had my best ever personal match with 27 kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

AdamD wrote: »

Bungie have mentioned that its been happening and confirmed people will be actioned. Plenty of stuff on YouTube also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just want to make sure ib finishes Tuesday 10 am?

Right, finished with this IB. Got to Rank 5 and can now reach level 34.

That last game of IB was pretty great though. We won easily enough and I got two weapon drops BTRD-345 machine gun and Felwinter's Lie shotgun. Not bad for one match.

AdamD wrote: »

Today was probably the first time I've really noticed it. I've been fairly cack at Trials overall, so not trying to make excuses with regards that; but to have our side getting booted to the login screen 3 separate times when our connections are grand in other modes (IB etc) can't be coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Hococop wrote: »
    Just want to make sure ib finishes Tuesday 10 am?

Yep

The drop rates in the Iron Banner were way better this time around. It has been a while since I've played that much PvP but it is certainly worth the time investment. I came out of it with 14 new Legendary weapons.

Gheleon's Demise (bought at Rank 5)
    First Rule DHYB
    Matador 64
    Party Crasher +1
    Low-Grade Humility (x2)
    Split Shifter Pro (x2)
    Felwinter's Lie
    BRTD-345
    Radegast's Fury
    Uppercut Payload
    The Revelator
    Her Benevolence

I could be wrong and one or two came from elsewhere but I'm pretty certain they all appeared over the last week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The drop rates in the Iron Banner were way better this time around. It has been a while since I've played that much PvP but it is certainly worth the time investment. I came out of it with 14 new Legendary weapons.

First Rule DHYB
    Matador 64
    Party Crasher +1
    Low-Grade Humility (x2)
    Split Shifter Pro (x2)
    Felwinter's Lie
    BRTD-345
    Radegast's Fury
    Uppercut Payload
    The Revelator
    Her Benevolence

I could be wrong and one or two came from elsewhere but I'm pretty certain they all appeared over the last week.

Most of those guns are dropping just as often in regular crucible, only IB weapons I seen dropping were Radegasts, Felwinter's and the auto-rifle (forgot the name now). Was disappointed Timur's Lash and Efrideet's spear didn't seem to be in the loot table this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

First Rule DHYB
    Matador 64
    Party Crasher +1
    Low-Grade Humility (x2)

Split Shifter Pro (x2)
    Felwinter's Lie
    BRTD-345
    Radegast's Fury

Uppercut Payload
    The Revelator
    Her Benevolence

Bold are all very good and worth rerolling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

First Rule DHYB
    Matador 64
    Party Crasher +1
    Low-Grade Humility (x2)
    Split Shifter Pro (x2)
    Felwinter's Lie
    BRTD-345
    Radegast's Fury
    Uppercut Payload
    The Revelator
    Her Benevolence

Interesting

All I got is the assault rifle, the pulse rifle and 6 or 7 fusion rifles

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Interesting

All I got is the assault rifle, the pulse rifle and 6 or 7 fusion rifles

Which pulse rifle and fusion rifle? I'd say they were crucible ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Which pulse rifle and fusion rifle? I'd say they were crucible ones.

The fusion rifle were split shifter pro, the pulse was the crucible probably its called spare change.25.

The assault rifle was Silmars Rath of something like that, this one is IB, all the others arent as far as I know.

I got a lot of legendary drops but most of them (with the exception of the pulse and the assault rifle) were dismantled instantly as they are below average or at least not better than what I already have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Anyone notice any change in how the post game drops were awarded in the Iron Banner this time?

The number of drops may have increased but I thought there was supposed to be a weighting to favour better performance with a greater chance of rewards. I didn't see much if any difference this time around.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Anyone notice any change in how the post game drops were awarded in the Iron Banner this time?

The number of drops may have increased but I thought there was supposed to be a weighting to favour better performance with a greater chance of rewards. I didn't see much if any difference this time around.

No, it still seemed to be pretty random.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I should hit lv 5 with my titan later 2000 exp to get and have all bounties to do, problem is I won't have enough glimmer to get everything, I know its probably been asked dozens of times but what is a good farming location?

I should hit lv 5 with my titan later 2000 exp to get and have all bounties to do, problem is I won't have enough glimmer to get everything, I know its probably been asked dozens of times but what is a good farming location?

Exclusion Zone on mars with the heroic modifier active. Just keep doing the first part, leave one enemy alive and kill yourself. There's 9 yellow bar Cabal there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I got to Rank 3.5 in Iron Banner in 5 games on my Hunter :eek:

(just playing yesterday, with all 3 buff items equipped, the tempered buff, the alt character buff and managing to get all 6 bounties done)

You could also pop an Ether thingy and just farm "Wolves" in patrol too if that tickles your fancy, cause you could get some bounties done and get some treasure keys too. I don't know about most of you but I have like 100+ Ether consumables

Cormac... wrote: »
    I got to Rank 3.5 in Iron Banner in 6 games on my Hunter :eek:

(just playing yesterday, with all 3 buff items equipped, the tempered buff, the alt character buff and managing to get all 6 bounties done)

Yeah I'll most likely get one of the alts up to three this evening and nab another etheric light, shouldn't take long with the buffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I got to Rank 3.5 in Iron Banner in 6 games on my Hunter :eek:

rank 4 to 5 doesn;t seem to get the bonus rep buff. unfortunately. Unless it bugged for me - I had what I calculated to be 2500+ rep in bounties to turn in and only got 1600 going from level 3.5 up to 4 and a half.

I had 4 100 rep bounties, and 1 200 rep.

So it should have been 4*532+1064 (bounties were with 266 or 532 yesterday with buff and all items, plus the alt character bonus doubling them.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I'll most likely get one of the alts up to three this evening and nab another etheric light, shouldn't take long with the buffs.

Not long at all, a win is 332, the main bounties are 664 and the 10-Kills (assists) in a Row bounty is worth a staggering 1,328 :eek:
    rank 4 to 5 doesn;t seem to get the bonus rep buff. unfortunately

Dose, I guess it's best for me today (given my 2 alts are 3.5) to try get to Rank 4 so without handing in Todays bounties and then use the bounties to push up to 5

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Have one alt on elvel 4.5, but I might just give it a miss. If I do get any time at Destiny tonight i might give ToO a go, as I really want that hand gun...

• Advertisement

Have one alt on elvel 4.5, but I might just give it a miss. If I do get any time at Destiny tonight i might give ToO a go, as I really want that hand gun...

If it ain't Adept it's weapon parts :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement