Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    If it ain't Adept it's weapon parts :cool:

As I play Crucible a lot, the adept version isn't as big a deal. I would like the adept version, but going 7 and 3 would be fine for me tonight!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As I play Crucible a lot, the adept version isn't as big a deal. I would like the adept version, but going 7 and 3 would be fine for me tonight!

It's not a great PvP hand cannon, better off grinding regular crucible for Ill Will or grabbing a Timur's Lash in the next IB. Got Ill Will last night and managed to re-roll it to have both final round and luck in the chamber, looking forward to seeing how it does when leveled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's not a great PvP hand cannon, better off grinding regular crucible for Ill Will or grabbing a Timur's Lash in the next IB. Got Ill Will last night and managed to re-roll it to have both final round and luck in the chamber, looking forward to seeing how it does when leveled up.
    I'd have it over Ill Will tbh, it'll kill quick than Lash too. I don't think hoping for a 2 shot headshot is a good way of playing unless you're using Hawkmoon, especially if one of your chances is final round. Jewel has 3rd eye and really nice base stats too. The Messenger's a beaut though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well given I've gotten NO adept weapons might I suggest some Iron Banner to the gentleman, a mere 4 matches and that Etheric Light can be yours! Call now and get a weapon you'll never really use and a much more attractive class item all thrown into the deal, seriously, have you seen that Hunter cape :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I take it he Spear isn't dropping at all so in The Iton Banner? Got to lvl 5 with one character and 3 with the other two and no sign of it. Felwinters hasn't dropped either for me but have seen it dropped a lot. Loving the Matador though.

Got three Radegasts , rerelloed one and I got tracking with the 3 shells so happy with that.

Anyone being using the ill Will? pretty decent with high impact but slow rate of fire and alright stability. Managed to get two stability perks so it should be good with the speed reload Gauntlets.

• Advertisement

Fair enough - as I have two Ill Wills already. Will roll the dice on one of them.

Got a good few weapons from IB, 3 Radegast Furys dropped for me as well. A few snipers (Low Grade Humilty) and a bunch of Shotguns - 2 Matadors and 2 Party Crashers.

Well given I've gotten NO adept weapons might I suggest some Iron Banner to the gentleman, a mere 4 matches and that Etheric Light can be yours! Call now and get a weapon you'll never really use and a much more attractive class item all thrown into the deal, seriously, have you seen that Hunter cape :cool:
    Actually yeah - I need to level up the hunter (currently 3.5) as I don't have the class item at all for them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd have it over Ill Will tbh, it'll kill quick than Lash too. I don't think hoping for a 2 shot headshot is a good way of playing unless you're using Hawkmoon, especially if one of your chances is final round. Jewel has 3rd eye and really nice base stats too. The Messenger's a beaut though

Yeah I probably need smallbore to make it more viable for the 2 shot kill, but I don't feel like re-rolling it again. I played a bit with it last night without any perks unlocked and it still seemed pretty good, slow fire rate is an issue though. I played a bit with Jewel after I got it and it felt like a pea shooter, maybe when I have it fully leveled it will be better.
    I take it he Spear isn't dropping at all so in The Iton Banner? Got to lvl 5 with one character and 3 with the other two and no sign of it. Felwinters hasn't dropped either for me but have seen it dropped a lot. Loving the Matador though.

Got three Radegasts , rerelloed one and I got tracking with the 3 shells so happy with that.

Anyone being using the ill Will? pretty decent with high impact but slow rate of fire and alright stability. Managed to get two stability perks so it should be good with the speed reload Gauntlets.

Yeah it looks like Efrideet's Spear and Timur's Lash aren't actually in the loot table this time around.

Yeah, it should have been historically Efrideets Spear (SR) and Timurs Lash (HC) from Rank 3 onwards but since the did one of the updates/patches it's changed, so now it's 3 Iron Banner Weapons are dropping from Rank 2 onwards confirmed as being Felwinters (Shotgun), Radegasts (Rocket Launcher) and Silimars (Auto Rifle)

Anyone seen this yet?
    http://www.ishtar-collective.net/

AND THIS!

Finally someone did a funny about the Comet/King DLC Launch Trailer (which doesn't exist yet) at E3
    Sony "It's in the game" logo)

{Black Screen}

You should not have come here [said by a dude who sounds like tychus findlay mixed with a Camero]

{Cinematic picture of a planet with a BWHAAAAAHHHHH flashes for a second}

We will take your light

{video of a whole bunch of bad guys mooks shooting at a guardian flashes (with ****ty shaky cam obviously) for like a second and another BWAAAAAAAAHH}

We will end you

{Panning video of a bunch of dead **** on the ground and a BWAAAAAAH}

In the end you will all bow down...

{zoomed in picture of the big bads face with his eyes closed}

...to the one. true. king. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

{Bad dude opens his eyes and there are like a bunch of mooks around him. Maybe his eyes are on fire or something, not sure if thats cliche enough yet}

Screen goes black, then the title fades in and it's something stupid like

"Destiny

Wrath of the Wrasuputin King"

or something

(Coming blah blah blah xbone ps3 ps2 ps4 xbox 360, xbox connect, xlink, nintendo 64, game boy advanced (basically everything but PC))

(Pre order now to get exclusive ps4 dual wield hawkmoons. EB games the way its meant to be plaid)

/r/destinythegame goes ape****

Two weeks later:
    • Some drama happens about some feature, people freak out. Deej gets tagged in a bunch of posts. 8 posts about X feature show up. 4 are threads about how X feature is literally game killing, 3 threads are about "Guis just wait and see" one is a SGA about how the nighthawk increases your golden gun damage by 6 times.
    • Seven posts about how vault space must increases for this expansion are made

Four weeks later:
    • Drama is cleared up when deej says something. Dosen't really have to be relevant or anything, Deej is just that cool.
    • Bungie announces that they've successfully found a way to reuse even more content from vanilla destiny in lieu of creating new zones.
    • A bunch of people have announced that they've completed the entire game and are waiting until wrath of the wasputin king comes out.
    • Xur sells sunbreakers

Release day:
    • Greatest game ever.
    • New story mission now has you going through the devils lair for like the ninth time, but this time on the roof. Devil walker has 3 rotating shields around him and now shows up in the laser gate area.
    • People say the new story is amazing
    • Lude comments about a new female npc
    • Someone makes a thread about not having enough vault space for their 18 badger CCL's

Felt dirty after this:

wsRmaFU.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    The drop rates in the Iron Banner were way better this time around. It has been a while since I've played that much PvP but it is certainly worth the time investment. I came out of it with 14 new Legendary weapons.

Gheleon's Demise (bought at Rank 5)
    First Rule DHYB
    Matador 64
    Party Crasher +1
    Low-Grade Humility (x2)
    Split Shifter Pro (x2)
    Felwinter's Lie
    BRTD-345
    Radegast's Fury
    Uppercut Payload
    The Revelator
    Her Benevolence

I could be wrong and one or two came from elsewhere but I'm pretty certain they all appeared over the last week.
    Bold are all very good and worth rerolling/QUOTE]

Her Benevolance is one of the best snipers in the game at the moment in my opinion, well worth re-rolling.

What rocket launcher is that? And why didn't it kill them!

My god gifs take an age to load on here for me (Safari)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Bold are all very good and worth rerolling
    Felt dirty after this:

wsRmaFU.gif

You dirty miserable fcuker Mick. Haha

What rocket launcher is that? And why didn't it kill them!

My god gifs take an age to load on here for me (Safari)

Unfortunately it won't let me embed .gifv's on here which are much quicker :(

It's a one way ticket with Grenades and Horseshoes perk, the rocket missed but thanks to G&H it detonated close enough to two of them to do enough damage to allow the grenade to finish them off.

That's weird, if a Rocket Proxy detonates like that, it should 99.99% be a kill if not 2, it looks like you might have hit the ground in front of them though and the blast radius caught them but not enough to kill them.

God I love my Rocket Launchers though. Still using a Steel Oracle i'd say I got in like week 3 :pac:

I just blind fire them and hope for the best cause the blast radius is massive

That's weird, if a Rocket Proxy detonates like that, it should 99.99% be a kill if not 2, it looks like you might have hit the ground in front of them though and the blast radius caught them but not enough to kill them.

God I love my Rocket Launchers though. Still using a Steel Oracle i'd say I got in like week 3 :pac:

I just blind fire them and hope for the best cause the blast radius is massive

I managed to re-roll an ash factory with tracking and tripod over the weekend so will probably start using that now, it has max blast radius.

Personally I don't rate Tracking as much as Proxy Detonation in PvP. This could be because I hip fire rockets to ensure I get the drop on the enemy and the Tracking perk is only helpful on like 6 maps or so, and 3 of them are locked away forever, consigned to a thing of memory. The stock Dead Orbit one looks pretty sweet though, need to burn some Crucible marks so gonna pick that up

Personally I don't rate Tracking as much as Proxy Detonation in PvP. This could be because I hip fire rockets to ensure I get the drop on the enemy and the Tracking perk is only helpful on like 6 maps or so, and 3 of them are locked away forever, consigned to a thing of memory. The stock Dead Orbit one looks pretty sweet though, need to burn some Crucible marks so gonna pick that up

Yeah you're right, G&H is generally better than tracking for PvP but I couldn't bring myself to roll it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I just switch to Truth every heavy round. Float round in the air, lock on to somebody cross map for a second then shoot. I have the Trials launcher with Tripod and GnH but it seems silly not to switch for the one round.

The default FWC one has good enough base stats too, if you have either of those factions levelled up and 150 marks to burn, check them out

Also, interesting Trials of Osiris stuff, I knew most of this, but maybe some one you did not
    If you purchase the Mercy of Osiris and finish with 9 Wins/0 Loss with 1 actual loss, it will count as a Flawless victory.
    If you purchase the Mercy of Osiris with a loss already on your card, it will not remove the previous loss.
    If you purchase the Mercy of Osiris with a loss already on your card, it will not remove the the next loss.
    If you purchase the Mercy of Osiris with 2 losses already on your card, it will use the Mercy and still complete your passage.
    You can purchase the Boon of Osiris at any time on a single passage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so IB is almost over, played over the weekend on my own and made it to rank 5. Not as hard or boring as I though it would be thank God

Once this is over I will stick to skirmish (I think its called like that the 3 v 3 mode) and maybe give trials a go this friday hopefully I will be able to get a couple of wins.

Happy in general though, getting better games the more I play and the more I familiarize with the map. If I am a bit cautious I seem to be averaging 20+ kills per game even if I am running around without considering the consequences which is fine by me. I mean, I still suck but at least I can help the team.

Dont think I will be doing it again as the drops (at least for me) are not worth the time. The only 2 weapons I wanted were the sniper and Ill will and I can get Ill will from playing crucible so all good.

Will be buying the dead orbit rocket launcher soon
    :P

So I've done a whole spiel on power levelling 2nd and 3rd characters for Etheric Light in IB:

So I've done the maths based on my original calculations and you can power a 2nd/3rd character to level 3 in a mere 6 games.

All you need to do is:
    1) You have 1 character (your main) who has already achieved Rank 3
    2) Ensure your 6th match is a win
    3) You have approx a 50% Win/Loss Ratio
    4) You have the Emblem, Class Item, Shader and buy the Tempered buff.
    5) You can complete at least 3 daily IB bounties
    - Hard Forged - All you need is 1,666 points per match (or approx 10 kills with bonus points)
    - The Chaos and the Calm - Get the heavy twice per round if possible and try get 2 kills each time
    - Iron Embrace - punch 2 guys to death in their punchable faces twice in each match
    - Iron Grip - Capture 3 Zones per match

Wins are worth 332 REP (3 Wins = 996)
    Bounties are worth 664 REP (3 Bounties = 1,992)
    Medallions are worth 266 REP (3 Medallions = 798)

Total = 3,786 (Rank 3 is 3,700)

Disclaimer, 6 games takes more like 1 hour and 20 minutes and if you have a lot of losses or lose your 6th game you may need to play a 7th.... or more if you have a particularly bad run of luck :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok so I'm coming back to Destiny after a very long break (haven't played since before TDB). A friend just got a PS4 and wants to try Destiny so perfect time to come back. I picked up the DLC pass but I've no idea where to start.

I have my old 29 hunter but I've no idea where to start gearing again. Should I be ascending my old gear or looking for new gear through rep? Any tips appreciated, I feel a bit lost ha.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok so I'm coming back to Destiny after a very long break (haven't played since before TDB). A friend just got a PS4 and wants to try Destiny so perfect time to come back. I picked up the DLC pass but I've no idea where to start.

I have my old 29 hunter but I've no idea where to start gearing again. Should I be ascending my old gear or looking for new gear through rep? Any tips appreciated, I feel a bit lost ha.

Gimme your profile name and I'll have an ole creep off ya there

Cormac, you've been warned about this creeping!:eek:;)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018434334687/2305843009218543985

In order (should take about 3 x 3 hour sittings):

Day 1:
    Ascend your chest piece using an Exotic Shard (if you have one, if you spare exotic armour you don't need maybe shard that 1st)
    Grind Earn 43 Vanguard marks
    Buy Vanguard Boots
    Grind Earn 74 Crucible marks
    Buy Crucible helm

Day 2:
    Complete all the Dark Below missions and bounties
    Then complete the Eris "Urn of Sacrifice" quest (requires talking to Xur)
    Do the weekly Strike at level 32 - Matchmaking is now in this

Day 3:
    Play House of Wolves content
    Play Prison of Elders lvl28
    Play Prison of Elders lvl32
    Buy something from Variks

Finally if you and your friend want to be added to the PS4 chat, lemme know

In order (should take about 3 x 3 hour sittings):

Day 1:
    Ascend your chest piece using an Exotic Shard (if you have one, if you spare exotic armour you don't need maybe shard that 1st)
    Grind Earn 43 Vanguard marks
    Buy Vanguard Boots
    Grind Earn 74 Crucible marks
    Buy Crucible helm

Day 2:
    Complete all the Dark Below missions and bounties
    Then complete the Eris "Urn of Sacrifice" quest (requires talking to Xur)
    Do the weekly Strike at level 32 - Matchmaking is now in this

Day 3:
    Play House of Wolves content
    Play Prison of Elders lvl28
    Play Prison of Elders lvl32
    Buy something from Variks

Finally if you and your friend want to be added to the PS4 chat, lemme know

Excellent thanks, I'll get working on it later! I'll hold off on the chat for a few days until we are both back into the swing of things!

Edit: Any tips on weapons? Should I look at ascending my Suros? Are all the rest of the old legendary weapons garbage now?

Excellent thanks, I'll get working on it later! I'll hold off on the chat for a few days until we are both back into the swing of things!

Edit: Any tips on weapons? Should I look at ascending my Suros? Are all the rest of the old legendary weapons garbage now?

VoG weapons ascended are pretty much the best weapons in the Game.
    I cannot see all your guns via Bungie etc.
    If you want to list the ones you have, I can give u some advice on which to level.

I would prioritise levelling your Chest piece over the Suros 1st.

• Advertisement

VoG weapons ascended are pretty much the best weapons in the Game.
    I cannot see all your guns via Bungie etc.
    If you want to list the ones you have, I can give u some advice on which to level.

I would prioritise levelling your Chest piece over the Suros 1st.

My only exotic weapon is Suros, the rest are vanguard legendaries! Never got a weapon from VoG. I'll start with the chest anyway and work towards the vanguard and crucible marks now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement