Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Big Knox wrote: »
    My only exotic weapon is Suros, the rest are vanguard legendaries! Never got a weapon from VoG. I'll start with the chest anyway and work towards the vanguard and crucible marks now.

Well you probably have no exotic shards anyway to be dropping on levelling the Suros anyways so yet, best aim to buy on on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Big Knox wrote: »

It's like your character has been frozen in time........

Welcome back! There is so much more content to play now compared to when you last played.

It's like your character has been frozen in time........

Welcome back! There is so much more content to play now compared to when you last played.

You missed a golden opportunity to make a "CELL FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS" joke there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Felt dirty after this:

wsRmaFU.gif

That's filthy. And then you'd the cheek to dance :D

Porphy I'll give you a hand with Trials later this evening if you want to gibe it a try.

Looking back at your last game there some 8 months ago, some things never change :pac:

I feel like there's an 80's movie reference in here somewhere about getting the old band back together :pac:

B6u9MB1.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's filthy. And then you'd the cheek to dance :D

Porphy I'll give you a hand with Trials later this evening if you want to gibe it a try.

Hey Emmet

Appreciate it but no way I am playing Co-op on xbox1!

I can't play anymore with that controller, I was going to order a new scuff so I could join yuo guys but the electronic mapping wont be available to order for a while (or so they said) so it will have to wait until they have it.

I ended up buying one for PS4 though...

Shame because I would really like to play with you guys

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey Emmet

Appreciate it but no way I am playing Co-op on xbox1!

I can't play anymore with that controller, I was going to order a new scuff so I could join yuo guys but the electronic mapping wont be available to order for a while (or so they said) so it will have to wait until they have it.

I ended up buying one for PS4 though...

Shame because I would really like to play with you guys

No bother at all. Send me an invite whenever your back on the Xbox

Bohrio wrote: »

Have you tried chainging controller layouts in game.

Redzer got me to Try puppeteer mode, dead handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cormac... wrote: »
    So I've done a whole spiel on power levelling 2nd and 3rd characters for Etheric Light in IB:

So I've done the maths based on my original calculations and you can power a 2nd/3rd character to level 3 in a mere 6 games.

All you need to do is:
    1) You have 1 character (your main) who has already achieved Rank 3
    2) Ensure your 6th match is a win
    3) You have approx a 50% Win/Loss Ratio
    4) You have the Emblem, Class Item, Shader and buy the Tempered buff.
    5) You can complete at least 3 daily IB bounties
    - Hard Forged - All you need is 1,666 points per match (or approx 10 kills with bonus points)
    - The Chaos and the Calm - Get the heavy twice per round if possible and try get 2 kills each time
    - Iron Embrace - punch 2 guys to death in their punchable faces twice in each match
    - Iron Grip - Capture 3 Zones per match

Wins are worth 332 REP (3 Wins = 996)
    Bounties are worth 664 REP (3 Bounties = 1,992)
    Medallions are worth 266 REP (3 Medallions = 798)

Total = 3,786 (Rank 3 is 3,700)

Disclaimer, 6 games takes more like 1 hour and 20 minutes and if you have a lot of losses or lose your 6th game you may need to play a 7th.... or more if you have a particularly bad run of luck :P

Just in relation to this. What does the Class Item refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Looking back at your last game there some 8 months ago, some things never change :pac:

I feel like there's an 80's movie reference in here somewhere about getting the old band back together :pac:

Playing through that for the first time was awesome. Feels like so long ago ha, delighted to be back and see all the new content. Maybe you hardy vets might be up for bringing me through the new raid at some point once I get my gear sorted!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Have you tried chainging controller layouts in game.

Redzer got me to Try puppeteer mode, dead handy

The problem is not the layout or even the sensitivity (which is set to 10) is just that it is not quick or responsive enough.

I have the feeling that the xbox 1 controller was design with precision in mind, everytime I switch from PS to Xbox the controller feels slow, heavy. I have narrowed it down to the thumsticks being to long (or so I hope) so scuff should be able to provide me with shorter ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

PlainP wrote: »
    Just in relation to this. What does the Class Item refer to?

Scratch that, just saw the bits for each class. Have to get to lvl 4 to get them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Im totally burnt out now after this weeks Iron Banner. I managed to level all three characters to lvl5, so nabbed 6 Etheric light :D

Happy days, I haven't Destinyed this hard since Crotas end was released.

No idea what to spend it on yet, I have the six of them saved in the vault. Armour I guess, or can anyone recommend a weapon to ascend?

I need to take a break now :o

Im totally burnt out now after this weeks Iron Banner. I managed to level all three characters to lvl5, so nabbed 6 Etheric light :D

Happy days, I haven't Destinyed this hard since Crotas end was released.

No idea what to spend it on yet, I have the six of them saved in the vault. Armour I guess, or can anyone recommend a weapon to ascend?

I need to take a break now :o

Fatebringer, VOC, Found Verdict, Corrective Measure, Swordbreaker, Blackhammer, then a few of your favourite crucible weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got 3 etheric light, 2 off IB and 1 of POE 34 and then spent one upgrading my felwinter's lie as that seem like a good idea.

Would use it on my Titan to get him to 34 but I've no good gear to upgrade with him.

Might compete my 365 shotgun collection with Found Verdict and swordbreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Fatebringer, VOC, Found Verdict, Corrective Measure, Swordbreaker, Blackhammer, then a few of your favourite crucible weapons.

RNG did not deem me worthy to be blessed with a Fatebringer, VOC, Found Verdict or Blackhammer :(

I was thinking Hunger of Crota as my its my go to legendary RL, LDR5001 arc as I use that a lot too, and maybe abyss defiant as its one of my few elementary primarys?

Would love to start using Atheons epilogue again, love that gun! But not sure its a wise piece to spend on since the auto rifle nerf...

What should I be looking for in armor to ascend? Boots with the heavy weapons ammo perk is the only thing Im really certain is a good spend.

RNG did not deem me worthy to be blessed with a Fatebringer, VOC, Found Verdict or Blackhammer :(

I was thinking Hunger of Crota as my its my go to legendary RL, LDR5001 arc as I use that a lot too, and maybe abyss defiant as its one of my few elementary primarys?

Would love to start using Atheons epilogue again, love that gun! But not sure its a wise piece to spend on since the auto rifle nerf...

What should I be looking for in armor to ascend? Boots with the heavy weapons ammo perk is the only thing Im really certain is a good spend.

I havent bothered upgrading any of my legendary heavies yet bar my Corrective Measure. I have upgraded a Void LDR with firefly and i love it in crucible.

What characters do you have ? I got all four Variks armour pieces and the first three bits of trials armour. I've upgraded all of my Exotic armour and a Crota helmet and Legs.

So between them all I can have a few different loadouts for PvP and PvE.

In PvP I'll run 60% Int, 100% Dis, 40% Str. Or 90% Int and 100% Dis depending on maps etc.

In PvE I usually max intellect and balance the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Started back playing, starting with the daily heroic and my internet cut out half way through so I gave up :pac: would be cool if Bungie brought in some kind of checkpoint system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://kotaku.com/leak-destinys-new-expansion-is-the-taken-king-out-sep-1709972043

The next Destiny expansion is called The Taken King, according to marketing materials sent to Kotaku. It’ll be out on September 15 and will open up a new subclass for each of Destiny’s three classes, according to the leak.

This evening, a tipster sent over a large marketing sheet for The Taken King, which we’ve been able to corroborate with other sources. The sheet—which lists The Taken King at $40—offers a handful of details surrounding Destiny’s next expansion pack. For example, it confirms the existence of a new subclass for each of the game’s three classes, along with a new elemental super ability: an electrical storm for Warlocks (arc); a gravity bow for Hunters (void); and a flaming hammer for Titans (solar). Hardcore Destiny players will notice that each of these abilities revolves around the element each respective class lacks today.

In addition to the usual additions we’ve seen in both other Destiny expansions so far—new Strikes, new PvP maps, etc.—The Taken King will have a raid pitting players against Oryx, father of Crota, who is apparently looking for revenge (and leading a new army of baddies called the Taken). Crota, you may remember, was the big bad raid boss in the game’s first expansion pack. He had a crippling weakness to LAN cables.

Last month’s House of Wolves expansion didn’t come with a raid, although it’s safe to say that it tweaked and added enough to justify that omission, correcting many of the more annoying mistakes Bungie made in the first expansion.

In January, a different leak outlined Bungie’s future plans for Destiny, and although we heard at the time that some of the details there had changed—House of Wolves, for example, came out two months later than slated in that leak—the outline did include an expansion that was code-named Comet and scheduled for September 2015. The name “Taken King” has been floating around for a while, too, thanks to trademark registrations and an accidental leak by Red Bull.

Bungie declined to comment on this story. We should see more from the new expansion at E3 next week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Someone detailed those exact subclass and super abilities way back before Christmas from what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Someone detailed those exact subclass and super abilities way back before Christmas from what I remember.

Yeah, was leaked by some Italian site then Eurogamer a good while back, most of it seems true for the most part....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hopefully that $40 price won't end up being €40 over here, bit steep for another DLC no?

an electrical storm for Warlocks (arc); a gravity bow for Hunters (void); and a flaming hammer for Titans (solar)
    The Taken King will have a raid pitting players against Oryx, father of Crota,

Take my money!
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hopefully that $40 price won't end up being €40 over here, bit steep for another DLC no?

Destiny is a bit of a weird one with the value for money on DLC, like you might end up getting hundreds of hours out of a certain pack, once you start raiding you'll see how it goes down, there's some pretty fecking epic end game content that makes you have proper fist in the air moments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Take my money!

Destiny is a bit of a weird one with the value for money on DLC, like you might end up getting hundreds of hours out of a certain pack, once you start raiding you'll see how it goes down, there's some pretty fecking epic end game content that makes you have proper fist in the air moments

more interested in what the cost of the full Season 2 DLC will be. €40 for this expansion seems high, but pretty much what i expected. €60 for the entire season 2 DLC, would probably go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Andrew76 wrote: »

We all know it will be 40 quid here. And as Cormac says below...
    62336369.jpg
    Destiny is a bit of a weird one with the value for money on DLC, like you might end up getting hundreds of hours out of a certain pack, once you start raiding you'll see how it goes down, there's some pretty fecking epic end game content that makes you of a proper fist in the air moments

This being quite a big Expansion more than a DLC pack, I would hope (This is Destiny after all, no assumptions) that there will be a decent amount of new content to go with the Raid and new Subclasses.

I do like the sound of Flaming Hammer though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah fair point. I haven't got to all the end game stuff yet and was just comparing it to the previous DLC prices. If there's much more content in this then fair enough. No doubt I'll end up getting it.

more interested in what the cost of the full Season 2 DLC will be. €40 for this expansion seems high, but pretty much what i expected. €60 for the entire season 2 DLC, would probably go for that.

Did you see the bit about the Void Bow and Solar Hammer? Cause like, that's effing class.

I'm going to meeting all the "I'm not paying £40/€40/$40 for DLC and here's why?" stuff with that, head on!

Void Bow
    Solar Hammer
    Kill Oryx
    Something Warlock

Oh yeah, also maybe some missions, story and PvP

Probably already on-disc.... but at this point.... I don't even care.... just hook the thing up to my veins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The weekly is Summoning pits with small arms.
    The nightfall is the Shadow Thief with void and solar.
    Skolas has solar burn.

The weekly is Summoning pits with small arms.
    The nightfall is the Shadow Thief with void and solar.
    Skolas has solar burn.

But Phogoth has such large arms to begin with, so does this mean it reverts back to Normal Arms :confused:

If you think making the same joke 2 weeks running is beneath me, we clearly haven't played together a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Using the new strike every week kills it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement