Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think I might scrap one of my Titans and set up a new character. Will mainly use him for PvP now that I'm playing that a little more and fancy a change of pace.

What would you guys reccomend ? Hunter or Warlock ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think I might scrap one of my Titans and set up a new character. Will mainly use him for PvP now that I'm playing that a little more and fancy a change of pace.

Hunter probably because it's a bit more different to the others, I found Warlock and Titan pretty similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hunter's the best pvp class imo

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I think I might scrap one of my Titans and set up a new character.

WHOA :eek:

If it's mainly for PvP, Hunter might be the one for you. But Warlock is my main and my favourite character. Do you have any armour saved for other characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Friend of mine did the same thing yesterday. After much consultation decided on a Hunter as it's probably more versatile. Common consensus however was why not have one of each? I understand it's easier rank up one class but considering we spend thousands of hours in this thing what's the problem.;)
    I like all classes although my preference is Titan, Warlock & Hunter. Lots of times it seems to depend who you started with. Try telling a Hunter he should be a Titan...... bedlam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I would go with a Warlock. I have more fun with them in pvp than my titan or hunter.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Having one of each isn't as much a of a disadvantage now since HoW either as etheric light and changes in material requirements have made levelling a lot less grindy. I'd nearly make another titan but for the thought of playing those campaign missions again...ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Anyone around for some destiny now? Off work sick and confined to couch. Xbone btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Cormac... wrote: »
    . . . there's some pretty fecking epic end game content that makes you have proper fist in the air moments

Had one of these last night for sure. On Sunday night we spent about 4 hours failing Qodron in lvl 32 of PoE. tried it again last night and finished it off in just over an hour and my God I don't think I'd been so happy in playing a game before.

The game has a serious knack of pushing you to your absolute limits.

Regarding the Elder Cipher and Skolas.......can I just kill him and wipe a few times to get the 1000 points?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Having one of each isn't as much a of a disadvantage now since HoW either as etheric light and changes in material requirements have made levelling a lot less grindy. I'd nearly make another titan but for the thought of playing those campaign missions again...ugh.

I can't imagine not having 1 of each character. I like being able to change it up whenever I want. It was a real grind to get all the decent armour pieces I wanted, but it's worth it in the end.

The Warlock is probably the most fun imo. Voidwalker is great for aggressive gameplay in both PvE and PvP. They have some of the best perks and exotic armour also. Obsidian Mind, The Ram etc. What other character can self-res and generate orbs with normal kills? Warlock FTW!!

No I haven't saved any armour pieces but I've 200+ strange coins so can buy exotics as they come up as I have all the weapons bar the Vex.

I might eventually get around to one of each but just fancy a bit of a change from the Titan.

Whatever I do pick I'll do one VoG and one Crota as soon as possible and pick up whatever armour I can from there and mix and match exotics and Vanguard pieces to rank up as quick as I can.

I also have 4/5 etheric light saved up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Regarding the Elder Cipher and Skolas.......can I just kill him and wipe a few times to get the 1000 points?

Yeah, can do it on any boss, may be easier to do it on a lower level boss and just rocket yourselves once he dies.

Anyone around for some destiny now? Off work sick and confined to couch. Xbone btw.

That was me yesterday :)

No I haven't saved any armour pieces but I've 200+ strange coins so can buy exotics as they come up as I have all the weapons bar the Vex.

I might eventually get around to one of each but just fancy a bit of a change from the Titan.

Whatever I do pick I'll do one VoG and one Crota as soon as possible and pick up whatever armour I can from there and mix and match exotics and Vanguard pieces to rank up as quick as I can.

I also have 4/5 etheric light saved up.

Sounds good. Drop me a message when you're running the Raids. Fatebringer and Blackhammer still elude me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm on just now if you want a crack at the Nightfall? Send me an invite anyway.

That was me yesterday :)

Me also yesterday, and tomorrow and Thursday and Friday :(

Sounds good. Drop me a message when you're running the Raids. Fatebringer and Blackhammer still elude me.

I'll run VOG whenever. We should give it a shot during the week for old times sake.

Me also yesterday, and tomorrow and Thursday and Friday :(

I always thoughr you were on PS not Xbox.

I've gotten a few invites from some you in the past and not accepted for various reasons. If I can join I always will. Just like the time I joined Emmet and Bohrio at the end of a nightfall and snagged my 2nd Gjallarhorn :)

• Advertisement

djkeogh wrote: »
    I've gotten a few invites from some you in the past and not accepted for various reasons. If I can join I always will. Just like the time I joined Emmet and Bohrio at the end of a nightfall and snagged my 2nd Gjallarhorn :)

And then disappeared like a puff of smoke never to be seen again :D

I always thoughr you were on PS not Xbox.

Nah, xbone. Pretty sure you made the same mistake a while back also :)

And then disappeared like a puff of smoke never to be seen again :D

haha yea, wife and two kids mean my the auld schedule can be interrupted at any stage. I was on my lvl 30 hunter as well so wasn't really levelled up enough to contribute. Very happy with my 2nd Gally though:)

Nah, xbone. Pretty sure you made the same mistake a while back also :)

It wouldn't surprise me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My mate and I were playing Control last night. There was a fella there on level 2 and was absolutely bossing everybody.

How is this possible? I thought you could only get into the Crucible at level 5?

Made a note of the user name anyway.

That_Guy wrote: »
    My mate and I were playing Control last night. There was a fella there on level 2 and was absolutely bossing everybody.

How is this possible? I thought you could only get into the Crucible at level 5?

Made a note of the user name anyway.

Don't know if it's possible but he might have just joined a friend's fireteam.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

At the moment Warlock Wins all in curicble as Sunsinger.

evn though Hunter is my best curicble player, I still play the best as warlock in ToO....

I'd roll warlock

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Don't know if it's possible but he might have just joined a friend's fireteam.

I dunno about that because I tried that with my mate (then level 4) and he couldn't get in due to not being level 5. Very strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Just get to cruicble level and just bait at that and do the daily bountys 3 days max of about 2 hrs each!

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    I dunno about that because I tried that with my mate (then level 4) and he couldn't get in due to not being level 5. Very strange one.

Was that your friend's first character?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement