Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was that your friend's first character?

Yep.

Oh you can get in with a lower level if you have another character? Hmm, didn't realise that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That_Guy wrote: »

Oh you can get in with a lower level if you have another character? Hmm, didn't realise that.

Don't know it was just a hunch, I know once you unlock the second subclass on one character you unlock for all other characters even new ones so thought it might work the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No I haven't saved any armour pieces but I've 200+ strange coins so can buy exotics as they come up as I have all the weapons bar the Vex.

I might eventually get around to one of each but just fancy a bit of a change from the Titan.

Whatever I do pick I'll do one VoG and one Crota as soon as possible and pick up whatever armour I can from there and mix and match exotics and Vanguard pieces to rank up as quick as I can.

I also have 4/5 etheric light saved up.

Just a tip there, same as many legendary engrams as you can and dont turn them in, put them in the vault and decode them once you have reached level 18 (I think) with your new character.

This will guarantee you a piece of armor (most likely legendary) for your new one.

The only one that is a pain is boots as all the boots out there (non raid/PoE) dont have the heavy ammo perk.

I did that when I was creating a new Titan and he was 34 in 24 hours give or take, doing it this week for my new warlock, already have it full of engrams, will be buying the boots from Variks.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just a tip there, same as many legendary engrams as you can and dont turn them in, put them in the vault and decode them once you have reached level 18 (I think) with your new character.

This will guarantee you a piece of armor (most likely legendary) for your new one.

The only one that is a pain is boots as all the boots out there (non raid/PoE) dont have the heavy ammo perk.

I did that when I was creating a new Titan and he was 34 in 24 hours give or take, doing it this week for my new warlock, already have it full of engrams, will be buying the boots from Variks.

:)

You creating one on Xbox or PS ?

If anyone wants to give me a hand run through a few story missions tonight it'd be much appreciated. I can pay you with an I'll Will, Red Hand IX or many other weapons (once trading is allowed ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd nearly make another titan but for the thought of playing those campaign missions again...ugh.

Just finished the main story last night (for the first time). The last mission took a little longer than it should have - I didn't know you could walk off a ledge and kill yourself, twice! :pac:

The missions are a bit of a slog I found but the shooting and especially the music is amazing I thought. Almost at lvl 20 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You creating one on Xbox or PS ?

If anyone wants to give me a hand run through a few story missions tonight it'd be much appreciated. I can pay you with an I'll Will, Red Hand IX or many other weapons (once trading is allowed ;)

hahaha

Well I will be doing it on PS as I already have 3 different classes on Xbox. Dont think I will be going back to Xbox for a while at least until I get a new controller. :(

But first I need to run NF, Weekly, Crota, and PoEs 32,34,and 35, then I will delete one hunter and slowly start my warlock hopefully finish it before monday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That_Guy wrote: »
    My mate and I were playing Control last night. There was a fella there on level 2 and was absolutely bossing everybody.

How is this possible? I thought you could only get into the Crucible at level 5?

Made a note of the user name anyway.

What was his name? My friend started a new character last night and we began in crucible :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just finished the main story last night (for the first time). The last mission took a little longer than it should have - I didn't know you could walk off a ledge and kill yourself, twice! :pac:

The missions are a bit of a slog I found but the shooting and especially the music is amazing I thought. Almost at lvl 20 now.

Savage, the next best course of action is to try get yourself some "Vendor" gear by doing Vanguard and Crucible bounties and by playing Vanguard and Crucible until yo have 75 Marks of each to buy Boots/Chest Piece/Gauntlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Cormac... wrote: »
    Savage, the next best course of action is to try get yourself some "Vendor" gear by doing Vanguard and Crucible bounties and by playing Vanguard and Crucible until yo have 75 Marks of each to buy Boots/Chest Piece/Gauntlets.

Cool thanks. Does 75 marks get me those 3 pieces or is it 75 for each? I was only doing Vanguard bounties along with the story mission so I'm rank 1 with them already I think. Haven't got any items with light on them yet but guessing I'll only get them after I hit 20.

I found myself mainly using a Scout Rifle (love that type of weapon), Sniper and Rocket Launcher. Hand cannon sometimes.

That PS4 headset 2.0 is great too, much better sound than from the tv. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,906 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got my Titan to IB 5 this morning - was low on level 4, but 4 games and getting the Capture, Heavy and XP bounties got me to the end. My hunter finished at 4.5.

Got the IB gloves and boots for the Titan (cause why not) and the Fusion Rifle (cause why not) to go with the 5 etheric lights I got between the 3 characters (two each on titan and warlock, one on the hunter).

Gonna look to do PoE 34 tonight if PS4 people are up for it. Still not attempted 35, but I know i'll only have about 3 hours to play, so i'd be afraid to start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'm on just now if you want a crack at the Nightfall? Send me an invite anyway.

Much thanks for jumping into that Nightfall earlier- we just couldn't stay alive.

Cool thanks. Does 75 marks get me those 3 pieces or is it 75 for each? I was only doing Vanguard bounties along with the story mission so I'm rank 1 with them already I think. Haven't got any items with light on them yet but guessing I'll only get them after I hit 20

Well I'd recommend going with 1 Chest Piece and 1 Gauntlets and try focus on Intellect and Discipline and ideally a "Faster Reload" wit whatever Primary you prefer. Check in advance what the Vanguard and Crucible vendors have so you know what to get.

Stat points max (intellect) out at 270 points (100% bonus) so just be wide of exceeding that as theres no advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Much thanks for jumping into that Nightfall earlier- we just couldn't stay alive.

No worries, just about to jump back on for an hour if you fancy a PoE run?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

foxerv1 wrote: »

Whats your Xbone GT? I'll add you to a party chat next time I see you on mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

That first time you find a Golden Chest...

Destiny+loot+is+fabulous+sauce+http+youtube+ehvtzscz1ta+fabulous_e62ab2_5309681.gif

This explains the loot drops...

Destiny+loot+plot+i+ve+been+trying+to+think+of+a_a27fa0_5360795.png

Annnnndd, everyone's reaction to the above...

slow-clap.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I think I might scrap one of my Titans and set up a new character. Will mainly use him for PvP now that I'm playing that a little more and fancy a change of pace.

What would you guys reccomend ? Hunter or Warlock ?

I started off with a Titan and still my preferred class for PvE stuff but when it comes to Crucible a Warlock Voidwalker is great fun, I get so much of a kick from the nova bomb when it goes where you want it and not straight into a wall.

With the Hunter gunslinger though I play my best games and there softness doesn't matter in Crucible like it does in PvE. If I'm playing some clan crucible I still like to use the Titan defender but having the option to change is great depending on what is already in the team.

I just couldn't imagine playing without all three characters, makes all the stuff so different and much more interesting. Take from that what you will, Warlock is super fun, Hunter is agile and racks up kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Whats your Xbone GT? I'll add you to a party chat next time I see you on mate.

It's ibFoxer, cheers

Can also be found on ps4, same ident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Elimination playlist is on for the week from 6pm.

Might be a good idea to give it a bash to sort your tactics for trials.

I laughed :pac:

http://imgur.com/a/pss4w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still have mine, never used them at Halloween.

Just dinged lvl 20. Was doing some patrol missions on the Moon and just noticed that you make foot prints when walking about! Love this game. :pac:

Just dinged lvl 20. Was doing some patrol missions on the Moon and just noticed that you make foot prints when walking about! Love this game. :pac:

After like 1,000+ hours I still sometimes just look at the skyboxes in Patrol :pac:

Once you get those 75 Crucible Marks (via Patrol missions/bounties and Strike Playlists) try the Crucible (Control preferably) with your Gunslinger and give the Strangers Rifle a go. It's a 2-burst kill so makes for the ideal newbie weapon initially

Also you're going to need to use these as you're going about your business:
    http://destinypublicevents.com
    http://destinyghosthunter.net

After like 1,000+ hours I still sometimes just look at the skyboxes in Patrol :pac:

Once you get those 75 Crucible Marks (via Patrol missions/bounties and Strike Playlists) try the Crucible (Control preferably) with your Gunslinger and give the Strangers Rifle a go. It's a 2-burst kill so makes for the ideal newbie weapon initially

Also you're going to need to use these as you're going about your business:
    http://destinypublicevents.com
    http://destinyghosthunter.net

Excellent thanks for those. That ghost one is really handy. Got a few pieces of gear with light on them so over half way to 21 already. :D
    Going to get my Vanguard rank up to 2 and start getting those marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Start leveling up a vendor, as opposed to Crucible and Vanguard separately. That way all your playing efforts go towards their rep, allowing your to level up faster and access their gear earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Cheers to Mick and Gerard for taking me through Skolas last night - man that solar burn makes it a pain with his sniper scorch cannon BS.

Not jealous at all at Mickeroo getting a void fallen autorifle. At all like...

Oh wait. I got two elder ciphers and Variks accepted both of them - sweet!

Start leveling up a vendor, as opposed to Crucible and Vanguard separately. That way all your playing efforts go towards their rep, allowing your to level up faster and access their gear earlier.

True, but initially you're gonna then limit the armour you can buy to one piece a week given you can initially only get 100 marks, plus you only need to level both to Rank 2 to be able to buy the armour and if you do then level them both to Rank 3 then you have twice the range of Guns to choose from.

I'd be of the mindset that if it's your very 1st character you're better off getting to 3 on both the Vanguard and Crucible and then after levelling a vendor.

True, but initially you're gonna then limit the armour you can buy to one piece a week given you can initially only get 100 marks, plus you only need to level both to Rank 2 to be able to buy the armour and if you do then level them both to Rank 3 then you have twice the range of Guns to choose from.

I'd be of the mindset that if it's your very 1st character you're better off getting to 3 on both the Vanguard and Crucible and then after levelling a vendor.

Sorry for the newb question but which other vendors are you guys talking about? :o

I had a look on here as I can't get in game atm: http://db.destinytracker.com/vendors

I was only really aware of the class specific Vanguard or the Vanguard/Crucible quartermasters? (Xur is a long way away for me.)
    Eris is a few levels above me at the min and the gunsmith chap doesn't seem to have much decent gear anymore I thought other than consumables.

I figured in the early 20s van or cruc rep/marks is all I can really get or need?

Sorry for the newb question but which other vendors are you guys talking about? :o

I had a look on here as I can't get in game atm: http://db.destinytracker.com/vendors

I was only really aware of the class specific Vanguard or the Vanguard/Crucible quartermasters? (Xur is a long way away for me.)
    Eris is a few levels above me at the min and the gunsmith chap doesn't seem to have much decent gear anymore I thought other than consumables.

I figured in the early 20s van or cruc rep/marks is all I can really get or need?

Dead Orbit (Left in Hanger)
    FWC (Upstairs in Hanger)
    New Monarchy (Near Speaker to the Left)

All of them sell guns similar to the Crucible and Vanguard guys but they only accept Crucible Marks as currency

You can buy a class item (Cloak) to eat off them and you wear this to level them up, it means both your PvE and PvP XP go towards that faction.
    It makes more sense technically to Rank a faction up to Rank 3 1st, but you're really gonna limit yourself and constantly be hitting the Marks cap.
    Also only your PvP / Crucible marks will matter

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're on about the faction ones like New Monarchy, Dead Orbit etc.

If you wear their class item (mark, cloak or bond) then all the rep you earn goes towards that faction rather than Vanguard or Crucible.

Personally think you're better off getting Vanguard and Crucible to Rank 3 before you go near factions anyway as if you don't level up vanguard you'll have nowhere to spend the vanguard marks due to factions only accepting crucible marks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement