Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I would love to see an option introduced that would allow you to set a default location to be in when you boot the game.

I'd say at least 90% of the time if not more I head straight to the Tower. It would be a nice little time saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I would love to see an option introduced that would allow you to set a default location to be in when you boot the game.

I'd say at least 90% of the time if not more I head straight to the Tower. It would be a nice little time saver.

Or when you have multiple bounties on the same planet. 6 patrols and kill Valus. You shouldn't have to return to orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone want to run VoG HM tonight about 8 ? I should have 2 gorgan checkpoints on my hunter and warlock

I won't be on tonight but I'll help tomorrow of you like

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I won't be on tonight but I'll help tomorrow of you like

Just ran it twice there with randoms and got the vex twice .... Just want the suros now. Still have Croat to run 3 times and would love the help on that if your still offering !

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just ran it twice there with randoms and got the vex twice .... Just want the suros now. Still have Croat to run 3 times and would love the help on that if your still offering !

Not sure of I'll be doing Crota but if I am I'll pop you an invite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Blazer wrote: »
    sent you an invite..I'll try and get on in the next 30 mins or so or later if that suits

Sorry man, was doing the nightfall/daily/weekly and some other stuff tonight... I should be on this weekend though if you're about.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Went on late tonight to level up some guns. Did the Daily story, got a legendary engram which turned into Plan C. Then I did 1 ROC Strike and got Suros! RNGesus was good to me tonight.

Oh, TheMerryDespot........ you asked if I got anything from the Nightfall when we were playing the other night. Completely forgot I got Sunbreakers. They were scrapped immediately as I already have them. It was good fun doing the raid on hard. I'll be on again Friday night for more Nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,935 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finally beat Crota on hard last night - after 3 and a bit weeks or whatever it is. Got nothing usefull from the drop at the end but glad to have done it. was a very handy strategy used by the team that did it.

Middle Strategy.
    Requirements: 1 Hunter with invisibility perk. at least 1 Titan Defender.

First Run: Kill the Sword Bearer. Hunter would use their Super and go invisible, pick up the sword and head towards Crota from the right side. As they do this, the Titan immediately goes from the ledge towards the door on the right and pops a bubble. This aggros the right side boomers and along with the Hunter being invisible means they ignore them. Once the hunter is on a level with Crota (and still invisible from Super or from crouching) EVERYONE unloads on Crota. Hunter hammers him, drops the sword, melee to go invisible, picks up the sword and everyone unloads on Crota again. Hunter bashes him a few more times then EVERYONE retreats to the crystal room.

Second run - repeat the same process as the first attempt - invisibility, bubble etc. Once Crota is taking a knee the second time everyone makes a run to the Ogre room on the right. Once both Ogres are dealt with the team go back up into the crystal room.

Now, the team I was in made it back into the room with Crota still in the centre - but we did not go after him. We waited for him to go right and then back to the middle. Once he went back to the middle we repeated the same process again. Crota should enrage after the first sword run. Once he enrages everyone ignores everything else and just keeps hammering Crota with everything they have to take his shield down as quickly as possible and allowing the hunter to go to town.

Job done.

On the successful run last night the sword hits were 4, 4, 3,2 , 2, 3. The two hits on the third last sword was intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Went on late tonight to level up some guns. Did the Daily story, got a legendary engram which turned into Plan C. Then I did 1 ROC Strike and got Suros! RNGesus was good to me tonight.

Oh, TheMerryDespot........ you asked if I got anything from the Nightfall when we were playing the other night. Completely forgot I got Sunbreakers. They were scrapped immediately as I already have them. It was good fun doing the raid on hard. I'll be on again Friday night for more Nightfall.

Nice! RNGesus is capricious, but occasionally makes good.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Hey Mitch,

We are using the same tactic. I've been Titan Defender until now.

I don't think it matter if you attack him from the left or the right, as long as the swordbearer and defender are well coordinated :) when the Hunter goes for the sword, it should call the side he is going for.

Tips as for the Titan Defender :
    - Crota can get you if you go on the rock too early and you are too visible on the rock. stay close to the wall, crouch if needed. Go up when you are safe.
    When you run back to the crystal room, go to the opposite room of Crota ... makes sense right ? :)

after the ogres, you can pop a bubble in the doorway to protect your pals ... but that means that you might not be able to have your super ready for the next sword run.

Don't go down too early to kill the ogres either - check through the middle window to make sure they are out !

• Advertisement

Hey Mitch,

We are using the same tactic. I've been Titan Defender until now.

I don't think it matter if you attack him from the left or the right, as long as the swordbearer and defender are well coordinated :) when the Hunter goes for the sword, it should call the side he is going for.

Tips as for the Titan Defender :
    - Crota can get you if you go on the rock too early and you are too visible on the rock. stay close to the wall, crouch if needed. Go up when you are safe.
    When you run back to the crystal room, go to the opposite room of Crota ... makes sense right ? :)

after the ogres, you can pop a bubble in the doorway to protect your pals ... but that means that you might not be able to have your super ready for the next sword run.

Don't go down too early to kill the ogres either - check through the middle window to make sure they are out !
    The titan wasn't going up with the hunter - the hunter was on their own up there. The titan bubble was getting placed between the middle ledge everyone is standing on and the door to the right (if looking at Crota) into the Crystal room. With the Boomers agro'd by the bubble and the hunter being invisible on the way up, the Boomers never looked at the hunter at all.

For the Ogres we had everyone running to the right boomer room as soon as Crota was kneeling for the second time - so we were in the room before the Ogre spawned. A generous helping of G'Horns and he was dead within 2 seconds of appearing. The you would kill the second Ogre (which is outside) from inside the Ogre room and then run back up to the Crystal room.

aaaah :)

ok - well, we are doing that slightly differently : the titan goes with the hunter. one of the advantage is that gift of the void protect the hunter and titan on the way back to the crystal room + you are very close to Crota.

aaaah :)

ok - well, we are doing that slightly differently : the titan goes with the hunter. one of the advantage is that gift of the void protect the hunter and titan on the way back to the crystal room + you are very close to Crota.

Yeah - I can see the overshield being usefull for the hunter alright. However, if the way I did it works correctly (and it did 9 times out of 10) the boomers are never looking at the Hunter. The titan will have the overshield from his agro bubble anyway.

By using the invisibility well the hunter won't be seen by the boomers or by Crota. They should be invisible on the way to the rock (using a super) and invisible when they go towards Crota. So They should be in striking distance as soon as the G'Horns hit, so they are already swinging at him as he starts to go down - the hunter on the team last night was regularly getting 4 hits on him doing it this way (she did seem VERY good with the sword in general)

I was doing the bubble by the door and once I got the hang of the timing I was able to join in G'Horning Crota as well (which I think would be dangerous on your method). So we have 5 people DPSing Crota with rockets. down in an instant.

I have attemped it your way too - but I found the Titan was getting killed too often on the way up by the boomers. Maybe that was just me sucking though.

I suppose I have no G-Horn, so it didn't matter so much for me :)

So I have 3 x 32 now, I won't do it with my hunter has i have no health recovery with him ( snif... my main character :( ) so Warlock next!

The titan wasn't going up with the hunter - the hunter was on their own up there. The titan bubble was getting placed between the middle ledge everyone is standing on and the door to the right (if looking at Crota) into the Crystal room. With the Boomers agro'd by the bubble and the hunter being invisible on the way up, the Boomers never looked at the hunter at all.

For the Ogres we had everyone running to the right boomer room as soon as Crota was kneeling for the second time - so we were in the room before the Ogre spawned. A generous helping of G'Horns and he was dead within 2 seconds of appearing. The you would kill the second Ogre (which is outside) from inside the Ogre room and then run back up to the Crystal room.

We split up for the Ogres. Three right three left. Then kill a few thrall and leg it back to the crystal room.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We don't bother with the Titan shield, the boomers don't shoot at the Hunter when hes invisible or when hes hitting Crota for some reason.

AdamD wrote: »
    We don't bother with the Titan shield, the boomers don't shoot at the Hunter when hes invisible or when hes hitting Crota for some reason.

Better to be on the safe side !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Created a second character but I'm only lvl 23 atm, what's the best way to get more gear in orderto lvl up to lvl 29 or 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Created a second character but I'm only lvl 23 atm, what's the best way to get more gear in orderto lvl up to lvl 29 or 30?

Farm strike playlists at the highest level you can whilst doing bounties to buy gear from vanguard. Do the weekly strike when you can to get strange coins so you can buy an exotic from Xur, though you may already have enough form just playing.

Farm strike playlists at the highest level you can whilst doing bounties to buy gear from vanguard. Do the weekly strike when you can to get strange coins so you can buy an exotic from Xur, though you may already have enough form just playing.

Well I'm sorted for exotics because I have all the weapons from my other character and I bought the exotic Titan boots from xur two weeks back. It's really now just the other armour I need to get up a suitable position tondouble my chances of strange coins from the weekly and nightfall etc.
    the only thing that's unlocked for me atm is the daily at lvl 20.

• Advertisement

Well I'm sorted for exotics because I have all the weapons from my other character and I bought the exotic Titan boots from xur two weeks back. It's really now just the other armour I need to get up a suitable position tondouble my chances of strange coins from the weekly and nightfall etc.
    the only thing that's unlocked for me atm is the daily at lvl 20.

Farm strikes and grab bounties you can complete whilst doing so, vanguard armour is your best bet for gear. If you spot an exotic helm get that as it takes more marks to buy a helm than chest/gauntlets/greaves.

If you purely wanted more coins then its faster to roll the same class as your main, then as soon as it dings 20 you can pop all armour on to it.

Farm strikes and grab bounties you can complete whilst doing so, vanguard armour is your best bet for gear. If you spot an exotic helm get that as it takes more marks to buy a helm than chest/gauntlets/greaves.

If you purely wanted more coins then its faster to roll the same class as your main, then as soon as it dings 20 you can pop all armour on to it.

Yeah,I'm gonna do that when I have my Titan up to lvl 30,. One of the lads has 3 warlocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Got my Titan to lvl 29 yest and I think he went from lvl 16 to 29 in about two days.

One important thing to do is to stock engrams from both characters in the vault.

Don't decrypt them all together. Only do so as you need them.

If you are level 24 but very nearly 25 and drcrypt an engram it will be useless to you when u are 25. But if you decrypt it at 25 it will have much higher light as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Finally beat Crota on hard last night - after 3 and a bit weeks or whatever it is. Got nothing usefull from the drop at the end but glad to have done it. was a very handy strategy used by the team that did it.

Middle Strategy.
    Requirements: 1 Hunter with invisibility perk. at least 1 Titan Defender.

First Run: Kill the Sword Bearer. Hunter would use their Super and go invisible, pick up the sword and head towards Crota from the right side. As they do this, the Titan immediately goes from the ledge towards the door on the right and pops a bubble. This aggros the right side boomers and along with the Hunter being invisible means they ignore them. Once the hunter is on a level with Crota (and still invisible from Super or from crouching) EVERYONE unloads on Crota. Hunter hammers him, drops the sword, melee to go invisible, picks up the sword and everyone unloads on Crota again. Hunter bashes him a few more times then EVERYONE retreats to the crystal room.

Second run - repeat the same process as the first attempt - invisibility, bubble etc. Once Crota is taking a knee the second time everyone makes a run to the Ogre room on the right. Once both Ogres are dealt with the team go back up into the crystal room.

Now, the team I was in made it back into the room with Crota still in the centre - but we did not go after him. We waited for him to go right and then back to the middle. Once he went back to the middle we repeated the same process again. Crota should enrage after the first sword run. Once he enrages everyone ignores everything else and just keeps hammering Crota with everything they have to take his shield down as quickly as possible and allowing the hunter to go to town.

Job done.

On the successful run last night the sword hits were 4, 4, 3,2 , 2, 3. The two hits on the third last sword was intentional.
    Yeah - I can see the overshield being usefull for the hunter alright. However, if the way I did it works correctly (and it did 9 times out of 10) the boomers are never looking at the Hunter. The titan will have the overshield from his agro bubble anyway.

By using the invisibility well the hunter won't be seen by the boomers or by Crota. They should be invisible on the way to the rock (using a super) and invisible when they go towards Crota. So They should be in striking distance as soon as the G'Horns hit, so they are already swinging at him as he starts to go down - the hunter on the team last night was regularly getting 4 hits on him doing it this way (she did seem VERY good with the sword in general)

I was doing the bubble by the door and once I got the hang of the timing I was able to join in G'Horning Crota as well (which I think would be dangerous on your method). So we have 5 people DPSing Crota with rockets. down in an instant.

I have attemped it your way too - but I found the Titan was getting killed too often on the way up by the boomers. Maybe that was just me sucking though.

This is exactly how I ended up getting it done in the group I joined in the end (after leaving a few groups that were full of cr@p). Funny that :D

Only addition being that the Titan was popping his bubble slightly more forward (one the plates Crota ends up running to)

Cormac... wrote: »
    This is exactly how I ended up getting it done in the group I joined in the end (after leaving a few groups that were full of cr@p). Funny that :D

Only addition being that the Titan was popping his bubble slightly more forward (one the plates Crota ends up running to)

Was it just the one titan bubble on your run? I had no idea if there was another titan popping one on the left to aggro those boomers too. I don't think there was but I was too busy looking at the right side guys to keep their eyes on me and off the hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was it just the one titan bubble on your run? I had no idea if there was another titan popping one on the left to aggro those boomers too. I don't think there was but I was too busy looking at the right side guys to keep their eyes on me and off the hunter.

Yeah, they were going right, just one titan popping the bubble, I managed to convince them to go left instead as the ledge there is a bit more sheltered for those few moments you're waiting for the invisibility to active.
    They were still only popping one bubble then anyway :D

Probably pi$$ through the whole raid now provided we alternate using our Hunters for the 2 runs.

Got my Titan to lvl 29 yest and I think he went from lvl 16 to 29 in about two days.

One important thing to do is to stock engrams from both characters in the vault.

Don't decrypt them all together. Only do so as you need them.

If you are level 24 but very nearly 25 and drcrypt an engram it will be useless to you when u are 25. But if you decrypt it at 25 it will have much higher light as a result.

Thats only the case when you are sub 20 really. Past that blue armour will most likely have 18 light when its level 20. You would be better off decrypting it and ranking up your level with that cute hoor Rahool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Thats only the case when you are sub 20 really. Past that blue armour will most likely have 18 light when its level 20. You would be better off decrypting it and ranking up your level with that cute hoor Rahool.

Now now, he's not THAT cute.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah, they were going right, just one titan popping the bubble, I managed to convince them to go left instead as the ledge there is a bit more sheltered for those few moments you're waiting for the invisibility to active.
    They were still only popping one bubble then anyway :D

Probably pi$$ through the whole raid now provided we alternate using our Hunters for the 2 runs.

Will have to work on leveling my own hunter up. Need a helm and boots. Will try to get a normal raid in over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Nope, having just gone through this the last couple of days it actually matters most above level 20.

Forgive my brief previous reply. I was on lunch and only had my phone.

So here's what I've learned. The references to light levels may not be exact but I hope you get the idea.

If you are lvl 20 and decrypt a blue engram - you get a level 20 engram with light level base 2 upgradable to 4.

So if you have 5 of each Armour type and decrypt all - you will get a suit of blue Armour, total light level of base 8 upgradable to 16. You will also have 4 spare pieces of each Armour type to break down into parts.

But if you decrypt only 1 of each type you get the same light level and keep 4 of each type of engram.

Once you reach lvl 21 (by upgrading a few of the pieces of armour) then when you decrypt the next armour engram it will have a higher base light level (and associated upgrade level) because you were lvl 21 when you decrypted - this carries on until at lvl 24 (I think) the max is reached with base level 13 (or 14 ) and upgradable lvl 15.

Hope that makes some bit of sense.

Green Engrams never decode higher than lvl 18 so they aren't relevant at all past that level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement