Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,906 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sorry for the newb question but which other vendors are you guys talking about? :o

I had a look on here as I can't get in game atm: http://db.destinytracker.com/vendors

I was only really aware of the class specific Vanguard or the Vanguard/Crucible quartermasters? (Xur is a long way away for me.)
    Eris is a few levels above me at the min and the gunsmith chap doesn't seem to have much decent gear anymore I thought other than consumables.

I figured in the early 20s van or cruc rep/marks is all I can really get or need?

Dead Orbit, Future War Cult and New Monarchy.

DO can be found in the hanger wing - opposite the weapon guy and the shipwright - down a set of stairs. Future war cult are in the same basic area, but up the stairs from the ship wright, overlooking the hanger.
    New Monarchy can be found near the speaker on the opposite side of the tower.

Each one of these are Crucible Vendors. you need to buy a faction class item off them and equip it - once done any rep (either vanguard or crucible bounties, patrol missions, nightfall, weeklies, strikes) will go towards the faction related to the item equipped.

To be honest, I think you can ignore them for the moment. I've only started paying attention to them in the last month or so.

As Cormac says - just run as normal at the moment in PvE and PvP (you will only get crucible marks and rep in the crucible) and buy from the standard vanguard and crucible guys when you can. 100 marks in both categories is relatively easy to get so you should be able to buy two new items a week - which would mean you are at least level 32 within two weeks. 32.5 if you get an exotic piece of armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I think there's a bit of a mix up with POE levels. 34 is a doddle. While 32 is a bit...... how can I put it.......ah..... you know just ask Generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I think there's a bit of a mix up with POE levels. 34 is a doddle. While 32 is a bit...... how can I put it.......ah..... you know just ask Generic.

I counted Archon Dregs numbering in the 10's coming from the door on the left of the Airlock entrance.

I had to use Special Ammo synths just so I could have enough 365 Found Verdict shots just to kill them. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Damn, that Trials of Osiris Warlock helmet looks sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Hey guys,

About to do my first lvl 34 poe tonight after getting my main character up to level 34 (but with poxy strenght poe armour). How are you guys finding lvl 34/35. Is it a slog?

some 32s' have been easy, some have been hard (like this week)

Bare in mind that I have no 365 ledgenary weapons

• Advertisement

thegame983 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

About to do my first lvl 34 poe tonight after getting my main character up to level 34 (but with poxy strenght poe armour). How are you guys finding lvl 34/35. Is it a slog?

some 32s' have been easy, some have been hard (like this week)

Bare in mind that I have no 365 ledgenary weapons

This week the Lvl34 is easy as long as you have 1 Titan to shield you when the Boss uses his ability. Takes about an hour or less

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

35s piss easy this week too. Really silly that they don't even mix up the first 5 rounds, same **** every time.

More stuff I shamelessly rob:

http://zarting.tumblr.com/image/121123423926

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Cormac... wrote: »
    This week the Lvl34 is easy as long as you have 1 Titan to shield you when the Boss uses his ability. Takes about an hour or less

Cool. I'm a Tian anyway so that should be ok.

Question: I have already opened the big chest on lvl 32. can I open it again this week on lvl 34 & 35?

I must have nearly all the queens' weapons at this stage and they seem to be all that are dropping from that chest.

No more exotics since the big tease of lvl 28

Anyone experienced anything different?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers for those replies folks. I remember looking at those vendors ages ago but once I saw they were for Crucible and I was lvl 5 at the time or something I just forgot about them.

I'll stick with getting to rank 2 in vanguard and crucible and get some of that gear. I'm lucky to get 10/12 hrs a week in so will take me a while anyway. :pac:

• Advertisement

Cheers for those replies folks. I remember looking at those vendors ages ago but once I saw they were for Crucible and I was lvl 5 at the time or something I just forgot about them.

I'll stick with getting to rank 2 in vanguard and crucible and get some of that gear. I'm lucky to get 10/12 hrs a week in so will take me a while anyway. :pac:

Forgot to mention if you play the daily Crucible Match (on the left of the planetary view) if it's Control or Clash cause that's like 4-6 Marks per game

Same goes for Daily Heroic missions, just make sure you're the right level, being under levelled sucks, you deal 70% damage and the Enemy deal 130% damage so it's practically a 100% swing in Damage Taken / Damage Dealt
    thegame983 wrote: »
    Cool. I'm a Tian anyway so that should be ok.

Question: I have already opened the big chest on lvl 32. can I open it again this week on lvl 34 & 35?

I must have nearly all the queens' weapons at this stage and they seem to be all that are dropping from that chest.

No more exotics since the big tease of lvl 28

Anyone experienced anything different?

If you have a Key you can open it infinity times and get rewards. Only your 1st opening is 99% a guaranteed exotic though.

Queens weapons are mostly garbage IMHO

Every crucible game is 4-6 marks now isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Cheers to Mick and Gerard for taking me through Skolas last night - man that solar burn makes it a pain with his sniper scorch cannon BS.

Not jealous at all at Mickeroo getting a void fallen autorifle. At all like...

Oh wait. I got two elder ciphers and Variks accepted both of them - sweet!

Wait...wait.

What do you mean accept them Kev?

So you can get the Elder cipher and then the C u next tuesday might not even take it?

Funk that!!!!

The double Cipher thing is a glitch, he only gives you one gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Wait...wait.

What do you mean accept them Kev?

So you can get the Elder cipher and then the C u next tuesday might not even take it?

Funk that!!!!

I'd thought that if two dropped for you then Variks would only accept one (ie you'd only get one weapon bounty to complete) - I suspect that the points I get for one will work for both, but ill only be able to claim one exotic when I turn them both in.

Let's see...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Sorry for the newb question but which other vendors are you guys talking about? :o

I had a look on here as I can't get in game atm: http://db.destinytracker.com/vendors

I was only really aware of the class specific Vanguard or the Vanguard/Crucible quartermasters? (Xur is a long way away for me.)
    Eris is a few levels above me at the min and the gunsmith chap doesn't seem to have much decent gear anymore I thought other than consumables.

I figured in the early 20s van or cruc rep/marks is all I can really get or need?

Maybe you already said it but what are you playing on? I'm on xbone, if you are and if you're high enough to do it I'd happily run the weekly to get you some of those delicious strange coins?

Foolishly didn't have an empty slot for cipher. I am a sad panda.

Foolishly didn't have an empty slot for cipher. I am a sad panda.

So you're saying all your slots were filled?

507851a89c9d6e2444307aec8ebe1d52.jpg

AdamD wrote: »
    35s piss easy this week too. Really silly that they don't even mix up the first 5 rounds, same **** every time.

Did everyone in your fireteam have gallys? I found it to be a frustrating experience, after an hour and change trying to beat skolas I packed it in.

Cormac... wrote: »
    So you're saying all your slots were filled?

507851a89c9d6e2444307aec8ebe1d52.jpg

Full to the brim.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Maybe you already said it but what are you playing on? I'm on xbone, if you are and if you're high enough to do it I'd happily run the weekly to get you some of those delicious strange coins?

I'm playing on PS4 but thanks for the offer. :)

I'm playing on PS4 but thanks for the offer. :)

Perhaps then, in the future, you can help me after I break 20 on ps4 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok so picked up some vanguard and crucible prices and I'm 32 now. Would anyone be kind enough to help me through the nightfall at some point this week? Doesn't matter when as I can be around most nights from 10 onwards.

Also how do I now get 34? Ascend all my armour with Etheric Light?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok so picked up some vanguard and crucible prices and I'm 32 now. Would anyone be kind enough to help me through the nightfall at some point this week? Doesn't matter when as I can be around most nights from 10 onwards.

Also how do I now get 34? Ascend all my armour with Etheric Light?

You can boost your exotic armour to 42 light with a shard. After that you need etheric light to upgrade existing armour or do 32 prison of elders for the 42 light gear.

Post your PS id or gamertag also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You can boost your exotic armour to 42 light with a shard. After that you need etheric light to upgrade existing armour or do 32 prison of elders for the 42 light gear.

Post your PS id or gamertag also.

Yeah I've upgraded my exotic chest to 42 already and all the rest are 36 vendor pieces. Haven't looked at arena yet, still need to play through all the HoW quests but will probably do that later!

PSN ID : De7rag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Did everyone in your fireteam have gallys? I found it to be a frustrating experience, after an hour and change trying to beat skolas I packed it in.

There is no need for gallys

You can snipe him as well. The last time I did it was with Black Hammers. Risky but once you start landing shots on him and dont give him time to shot (keep hitting headshots) he will go down much quicker than with the ghorns...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bohrio wrote: »

You can snipe him as well. The last time I did it was with Black Hammers. Risky but once you start landing shots on him and dont give him time to shot (keep hitting headshots) he will go down much quicker than with the ghorns...

Myself, No More Beards and Chunkydave were able to beat him earlier without burning through him. Stick near each other and watch out for captains.

Bohrio wrote: »

1 fully upgraded Gally and 2 fully upgraded Icebreakers didn't work. But it's the same across the board, all 3 are maxed at the highest level available, 34, with fully maxed solar weapons, and we went down with ease for Skolas. POE 35 is artificially difficult, having to run laps of the battlefield is in no way a solid mechanic. I'm playing games a long time and I don't ever remember anything as frustrating as last night.

Myself, No More Beards and Chunkydave were able to beat him earlier without burning through him. Stick near each other and watch out for captains.

As a matter of interest what weapons and characters did ye use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

1 fully upgraded Gally and 2 fully upgraded Icebreakers didn't work. But it's the same across the board, all 3 are maxed at the highest level available, 34, with fully maxed solar weapons, and we went down with ease for Skolas. POE 35 is artificially difficult, having to run laps of the battlefield is in no way a solid mechanic. I'm playing games a long time and I don't ever remember anything as frustrating as last night.

Ice Breaker is no good against skolas if you are using that strategy. You would ran out of bullets too quickly. You need a normal solar sniper, black hammer preferably, otherwise any other high impact solar sniper will do, extended mags would come handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement