Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Perhaps then, in the future, you can help me after I break 20 on ps4 😂

Yeah no worries, if I'm online just fire over a message. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Any of you sexy 34s still around and fancy helping my poor ass do the nightfall at this hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

foxerv1 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest what weapons and characters did ye use?

We were using 3x Vision of Confluence, 2x Black Hammer, 1x Icebreaker, 2x Gjallarhorn and 1x solar Against All Odds. All weapons were ascended to 365.

We went left and took out the servitor and attacked Skolas with VoC and Black Hammer with a weapons of light bubble to stagger lock him. When he got near we led him on a lap of the outer arena taking out any Captains and Vandals with wire rifles asap.

When the devouring essence appeared we stayed together and passed it between each other. We would only dps Skolas when we were on the platforns at the left and right(briefly) of the arena.

When the mines appeared we went and diffused them as a group using a Titan bubble when needed before returning to attack Skolas. This was repeated with the second set of mines, not long after which he was finished.

The team consisted of a Titan Defender and two Warlock Sunsingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Big Knox wrote: »
    Any of you sexy 34s still around and fancy helping my poor ass do the nightfall at this hour?

I just added you to chat, we do all that organising mainly in the PS4 chat, if you find the sheer amount of messages annoying though, you can either disable message notifications (while leaving party and game invites enabled) or just leave the chat again if i doesn't suit you

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watch how fast you can get your GG super up from one swarm grenade with the right perk:

Seems to need to kill the player for best results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,906 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Watch how fast you can get your GG super up from one swarm grenade with the right perk:

Seems to need to kill the player for best results.

Bungie are going to need to do something about that, fast - it will absolutely destroy crucible if it isn't patched out.

You need the Ashes to Assets Armour Perk BTW.

Looks like the following badly spelt Helms have it:
    TR-S4RT Arachnid
    Celestial Nighthawk
    Acopolyphages Symibioantes
    Fear Eater Helm (Vanguard)
    Carnivore Match Helm (Crucible)
    Sanction Custom Helm (Crucible)
    Mask of Immanent War (FWC)
    Elector's Mask Helm (NM)
    Dead Light Cover Helm (DO)

Then you ideally couple one of those Legendaries with Young Achakamakamras Spine Gauntlets (which have the perk too) so you double down.

If you spec your build to be 100% Intellect and 100% Disciplin you could WRECK!

You need the swarm grenade to kill and almost dead enemy and have the latter swarms follow through and hit his dead body

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I presume it will work with the scatter grenade for void walkers and the BD swarm grenade too.

I presume it will work with the scatter grenade for void walkers and the BD swarm grenade too.

I wonder.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Only one way to find out. Not sure that there's an equivalent to ashes to asset on warlocks though - most stipulate more super from non-guardian kills

• Advertisement

Apparently...
    I also compared swarm grenade with the other gunslinger grenades and yeah, there's a huge difference. In addition I tried out Bladedancer's skip grenades and couldn't get an effect nearly as large as swarm's.

Finally I tried out some other rumours I heard but forgot to put them in these videos but I can upload video evidence if requested: *throwing the grenade at the ground or your feet and running through or waiting until expiration does NOTHING in pve or pvp *throwing the grenade at an explosive object DOES trigger the exploit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Real Thorn anyone?

10a0223b4d42747aa1d76e774dbf3728.jpg

Or a Gally?

2aEQCSx.jpg

Lads.... this seriously... headphones now.... I'm dying here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Finally hit Rank 4 for Eris Morn. Only about 4 months late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Skolas is getting nerfed next week.
    Bungie wrote:
    CB: We want the Skolas encounter to be challenging and require teamwork, only in a more predictable way that doesn’t feel cheap.

To accomplish this, we’re making the following changes to Round 6 of the Skolas Challenge:

New Modifier combinations (Arc, Void, and Solar Burn will be removed)

Boss health is reduced (to compensate for the lack of burn)

Minions will spawn at predictable health intervals

Minor adjustment to the unit makeup of the combatant waves

Still making my way towards it.

Weekly update says they will be removing all burns from Skolas, and reducing his health, in the next patch.

Just got this email from BUngie
    The Bungie User Research program has been a big success ever since we started conducting bold experiments on gamers like you. We've learned a lot about great games and the brains that love playing them. But we must have more test subjects!

We need Destiny players of all levels and play styles to go to playtest.bungie.net and sign up to be part of our research program. From the newest Kinderguardian to the most grizzled Raider, we need everyone's feedback to make Destiny better. A few lucky Guardians will even enter our studio to participate in top secret missions!

I haven't played since December :D

And no way I'll be back anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

TRAILS OF OSIRIS BABY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TRAILS OF OSIRIS BABY!!!

I might have a bash on that tonight if your around.

I wonder what map it'll be this week though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TRAILS OF OSIRIS BABY!!!

I've only played it a little and found it quite frustrating. Where's Cormac and his "Dummys Guide to ToO", or have I missed it ?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've only played it a little and found it quite frustrating. Where's Cormac and his "Dummys Guide to ToO", or have I missed it ?

I'm not great at Crucible and normally rush in most games but I've done ok each week in TOO so far, my best been 9-2.

I just had to slow down my gameplay a little and always give call outs to help the team out. If I'm dead I'll always let the lads know where the guy who killed me is, thanks the the red outline, and most times they'll get the jump on him and get the revive.

I struggled last week alright because I'd only played widows court once before TOO but still had a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I might have a bash on that tonight if your around.

I wonder what map it'll be this week though.

I will be on round 12-1 ish tonight I reckon and be fairly locked.....

All day tomorw is the plan...

You could go 9 and 0 tonight :D

Sure if I'm still on send me an invite. If not I'll be around tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I should be on around that time and hopefully all day tomorrow if you need an extra body. Haven't really played any ToO but want to give it a go. I am pretty rubbish at pvp though!

gimli2112 wrote: »

I was actually WAYYYY off with my advice.
    I was kind of suggesting people play it a bit safe and cautious
    That doesn't seem to work at all.

I haven't even gotten to the lighthouse, but to be far, I've only played like 30 or 40 matches.
    Maybe if I'm lucky I can get some of the lads to gimme a hand, I've only got a KDR of about 1.0 across my 3 characters.
    Not being a decent Handcannon player is holding me back big time, might try make the move to Pulse Rifles soon

Also I was trying it at level 32 and 33 without my armour of choice as I was short Etheric Light.
    Maybe now with some ascended weapons and armour I'll have a shot.

Still haven't killed Skolas either yet like, or even tried for that matter.
    Without Iron Banner, I'm nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

MK44 Stand Asides - 126 Strength
    Mask Of The Third Man - 104 Intellect
    Light Beyond Nemesis - 109 Strength
    Universal Remote
    Chest Engram

Another week to miss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdamD wrote: »
    Any word on elemental primaries. Have done 35 three times and none of us got any. Saw one guy on my list had the Pulse Rifle with Solar though..

Some 3v3 specific PvP tips for what its worth to anyone (to add to Cormac's which are all pretty solid), I've a 1.89kd and 78% win rate in Skirmish so know a few things about the 3v3 game modes:

Stay close together as much as possible
    Try to shoot the same opponent first if possible (similar to PvE, focus firing at one guy will drop him instantly)
    Snipers will be useful on this map but always have a balance, for The Burning Shrine I'd go with 2 snipers, 1 shotgun. Unless you suck with snipers, in which case just avoid engaging at long range.
    If you have Truth switch to it at the start of the Heavy round. Is this round 3 or the round after one team gets to 3? @Cormac
    Tell your team mates when you're using a super, this way nobody wastes one.
    If you see/hear a super popped, shout it out and everyone just scatter!
    Save your grenade until gun fights, you'll rarely get a cross map 1 hit kill but if you shoot somebody once a grenade will usually finish them off.
    Don't use Auto Rifles.
    For Trials I'd use launchers over MGs, as far as I know your heavy doesn't continue past the heavy round so its really a case of cleaning out 3 guys with minimal risk, in which case launchers > Mgs.

Oh and you can actually revive from a few feet away, which can mean you're behind cover if you position it correctly. Very useful

Posted this before Trials started. I've gone flawless 5/6 times a week so am pretty decent at it.

Key things to add to that since playing:
    • If you get the first kill, if at all possible try to push past and take control of the downed enemies body, stopping the revive. This will cement the 3v2 situation and you'll win from there the majority of the time.
    • Similarly, if you get the first death try and push over your team mates body and get him up as soon as possible.
    • If you can't snipe, just avoid sniper channels, in all of the maps thus far its been possible to push into middle map without running through a sniper channel.
    • Don't split up, it very rarely works.
    • If you lose two rounds in a row, change your strategy.
    • On the heavy round send 1 guy with a super to take out the opposition if possible, the other 2 should switch to Truth.
    • If it goes into overtime, stay reasonably spread but close to the control point. Unless the 3 of you can cap it before the opposition get over to shoot you only put 1/2 on it, just asking to be supered otherwise.
    • Use your super when you have it. Too many people sit and wait on their supers, you can easily get 2/3 a game and give your team mates orbs if you use it once you get a chance (to a reasonable extent ofc, don't golden gun in a 3v1 in your favour).
    • If you catch an enemy on their own, tell your team mates and smother them, 3v1s an easy kill and they won't be able to revive him as you'll be on top of him.
    • Don't waste your grenades. Only throw them during a gunfight, they won't 1 hit most of the time but if you're shooting at somebody they will finish them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

MK44 Stand Asides - 126 Strength
    Mask Of The Third Man - 104 Intellect
    Light Beyond Nemesis - 109 Strength
    Universal Remote
    Chest Engram

Another week to miss

Damn you Xur! He has not had anything I need for over a month. And I blew nearly all my motes on engrams last week trying to get the Purifier Robes. Don't think I can afford any more this week.

• Advertisement

Will probably grab mask of the third man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement