Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do the Warlock and Hunter helms have good rolls ? Think I'll buy them now to have in reserve for when I have both leveled up.

Edit: Looks like Trials have a good discipline roll on the Helmet today. Also selling the heavy machine gun.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do the Warlock and Hunter helms have good rolls ? Think I'll buy them now to have in reserve for when I have both leveled up.

Hunter one has 104 intellect, Warlock one is 109 strength according to post above.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hunter one has 104 intellect, Warlock one is 109 strength according to post above.

Sorry meant perks wise. What sort of their Armour are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Edit: Looks like Trials have a good discipline roll on the Helmet today. Also selling the heavy machine gun.

They're both very good Helms. Both regen health when orbs are picked up. They were both invaluable running Crota Hard mode.

They're both very good Helms. Both regen health when orbs are picked up. They were both invaluable running Crota Hard mode.

Cool thanks. I'll pick them up so.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry meant perks wise. What sort of their Armour are they ?

Ah, LBN gives you health when you pick up an orb, spawn more orbs and also faster revives (basically it's the crest of alpha lupi). Mask of the third man gives health when you pick up an orb and makes arc-blade super last longer by reducing the amount of super energy each attack uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

All 3 pieces of Armour are good for PvP Imho

Warlock for Trials and Skirmish and Crotas End HM as said
    MotTM for BD in PvP is invaluable and again for Hard Crota
    MK-Stand asides are hand for Strikers in PvP in like 30% of the maps, just keep running laps of figures of 8 :D
    Universal remote is class too

If you haven't tried running Crotas End with Dual Shotguns on all 6 of you, you're missing out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

MK44 Stand Asides - 126 Strength
    Mask Of The Third Man - 104 Intellect
    Light Beyond Nemesis - 109 Strength
    Universal Remote
    Chest Engram

Another week to miss

Contemplating the Universal Remote, see a lot of folk using it, and I do like shotguns. Any reason not to grab it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Contemplating the Universal Remote, see a lot of folk using it, and I do like shotguns. Any reason not to grab it?

It's a primary shotgun that takes up an exotic slot. There are simply better options.

It's fun to use now and then but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's a primary shotgun that takes up an exotic slot. There are simply better options.

Thanks. Honestly I don't use too many exotics, Vex or Dragons Breath and I usually swap those out for VoC and Corrective, might give it a whirl, interested to see how it goes in PvP

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

It's a whole lot of fun running Dual shotguns in PvE (well as long as it's not a Nightfall)

BLAM
    CHUNK
    BLAM
    BLAM
    KA-CHUNK

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Nearly bought the Universal Remote, and checked my vault and already have one, and also found that I have a Truth rocket launcher as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

wes wrote: »
    Nearly bought the Universal Remote, and checked my vault and already have one, and also found that I have a Truth rocket launcher as well.

Truth is my favourite pvp weapon. TBH because I'm such a scrub I generally go with the Thorn/Red Death or Vex, so don't get to use it much but when I do I'm grinning ear to ear. Thorn bounty makes me use it which is why I have 3 Thorns.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Cormac... wrote: »
    I was actually WAYYYY off with my advice.
    I was kind of suggesting people play it a bit safe and cautious
    That doesn't seem to work at all.

I haven't even gotten to the lighthouse, but to be far, I've only played like 30 or 40 matches.
    Maybe if I'm lucky I can get some of the lads to gimme a hand, I've only got a KDR of about 1.0 across my 3 characters.
    Not being a decent Handcannon player is holding me back big time, might try make the move to Pulse Rifles soon

Also I was trying it at level 32 and 33 without my armour of choice as I was short Etheric Light.
    Maybe now with some ascended weapons and armour I'll have a shot.

Still haven't killed Skolas either yet like, or even tried for that matter.
    Without Iron Banner, I'm nothing :pac:

Defensive or offensive does not matter at all.

Its the way the team plays best. Our usual group of three always get all rewards each week but the lighthouse still eludes us.

We play defensive enough and push when it is on.

Don't take anyone's play styles only use the ones you are most comfortable with.....

This is my opionin on it anyway....slate away lads & lassies.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will probably grab mask of the third man.

Me too, good for ToO

Bought the two helmets there and 5 chest engram's. I got an Arenmatarium(SP),2 Hunter Crest of Alphi Luphi, Purfirer Robes and Heart of Praxic Fire.

Are the Warlock and Hunter ones any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bought the two helmets there and 5 chest engram's. I got an Arenmatarium(SP),2 Hunter Crest of Alphi Luphi, Purfirer Robes and Heart of Praxic Fire.

Are the Warlock and Hunter ones any good ?

Purifier robes and HoPF are both great. Alpha Lupi isn't bad for 3v3 pvp or quick revives in the nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No trials this week? Maaaan!!

CianRyan wrote: »
    No trials this week? Maaaan!!

How come? Where you hear this?

It's on at 6pm like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pretty worried about the maps tbh, there are no symmetrical ones left and with no round switching it'll likely be unbalanced again.

Oh right, I just went to play it and it wasn't showing. I freaked. Haha
    Playing elimination now.

Dear X-Box One Players,

Can you do me a favour and add one of my friends please? His GT is:
    Eh Potato

He's been playing loads since Day 1 but hasn't got very many friends (or a clan until now).
    As a result, despite spending many hundreds of hours playing and being super sound, he's never completed a Raid.

I'm sure you've all heard about people like this in the wild.
    Hell each week or 2 I try to help at least 1 group of newbies along, but this is unprecenteded to find one in the flesh.

Also his brothers GT is:
    Hassadaar

And he is in the same boat.

I'd be much appreciative if you could please add them both.
    Just be like "Hey, You're Cormacs friend, we'll help you Raid" etc so they know I sent ye.

I would be very much appreciative of it. Like super seriously

Thanks in Advance
    Cormac

(Edit: should have mentioned he's not on Boards.ie, and will be joining the clan this evening)

Aww, I'm PS3 otherwise I'd add him.

All of my raid buddies are random players from the states and the UK though. Haha

One engram, and one Purifier Robe.
    Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Dear X-Box One Players,

Can you do me a favour and add one of my friends please? His GT is:
    Eh Potato

He's been playing loads since Day 1 but hasn't got very many friends (or a clan until now).
    As a result, despite spending many hundreds of hours playing and being super sound, he's never completed a Raid.

I'm sure you've all heard about people like this in the wild.
    Hell each week or 2 I try to help at least 1 group of newbies along, but this is unprecenteded to find one in the flesh.

Also his brothers GT is:
    Hassadaar

And he is in the same boat.

I'd be much appreciative if you could please add them both.
    Just be like "Hey, You're Cormacs friend, we'll help you Raid" etc so they know I sent ye.

I would be very much appreciative of it. Like super seriously

Thanks in Advance
    Cormac

(Edit: should have mentioned he's not on Boards.ie, and will be joining the clan this evening)

I've added both of them. The more the merrier! Haven't done a Raid in about a month, but I want to run a few over the weekend.

I've added both of them. The more the merrier! Haven't done a Raid in about a month, but I want to run a few over the weekend.

Sound, yeah I don't think either of them have ever done one start to finish like, it'll be an experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sound, yeah I don't think either of them have ever done one start to finish like, it'll be an experience :D

58800539.jpg

Man I have too much time on my hands.

That's actually kind of what the PS4 chat looks like when someone mentions VoG or CE.... PoE and ToO, not so much :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That's actually kind of what the PS4 chat looks like when someone mentions VoG or CE.... PoE and ToO, not so much :P

Tell me about it. Trying to get a team for ToO or PoE 35 is like pulling teeth. Hopefully that will change with the rebalance to Skolas next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement