Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yup will do a hunter next week I'd say. If your around jump on and help me out ;)

I know I jumped in and out super quick earlier, tight schedule. I'll help you cap some fools if you're on tomorrow evening :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I might connect tomorrow and give you a hand :)

I leveled my warlock up very quickly, but I had been preparing for a week or two so I had saved exotics and legendary engrams so he was 34 in 8-9 hours.

The story didnt feel too long like it did the first few times but some strikes could be difficult if you are 1 level below. Imagine doing a lv 12 strike with 2 lv 11 and 1 lv10... so I didnt bother doing strikes until I was 2-3 levels above, so I would be paired up with similar level guardians.

If I am home tomorrow I will give you a hand let me know please

Cool thanks Porphy.

I'm level 16 now. Just the Archon priest left to do on Venus then off to Mars.

Johnny told me to do a few crucible games and they help you rank up really quickly.

I have 3 exotic pieces saved up and about 15 blue engram's to turn in once I hit 19/20. Then I'll run some Eris quests to get arms then a VOG then a carry through CE and transfer an armour core to get POE gear. That should get me to around 32 and I've 7 etheric light saved to upgrade armour which will push me the rest of the way.

Also got my full set of TOO armour tonight for the Titan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cool thanks Porphy.

I'm level 16 now. Just the Archon priest left to do on Venus then off to Mars.

Johnny told me to do a few crucible games and they help you rank up really quickly.

I have 3 exotic pieces saved up and about 15 blue engram's to turn in once I hit 19/20. Then I'll run some Eris quests to get arms then a VOG then a carry through CE and transfer an armour core to get POE gear. That should get me to around 32 and I've 7 etheric light saved to upgrade armour which will push me the rest of the way.

Also got my full set of TOO armour tonight for the Titan :D

Great you want to buy the boots though (the PoE ones) as they have the heavy ammo perk.

If you have engrams just turn in armor pieces that you need and save the rest for the hunter.

The problem with the Eris quest bounty is that requires XuR which means that you wont be able to complete it until next week!

I can carry you through Crota that's no problem, the first 2 check points could give you gloves and chest or legs if you are lucky :)

I didnt need to play any crucible games, I did the first 3 mission with the Heroic modifier and the rest all on the easy level. Then did all the bounties (I had saved bounties from the previous day) and all that brought me to level 20 with a few strikes left to do.

:)

I am leaving for the morning but I will try to connect later today

Bohrio wrote: »
    Great you want to buy the boots though (the PoE ones) as they have the heavy ammo perk.

If you have engrams just turn in armor pieces that you need and save the rest for the hunter.

The problem with the Eris quest bounty is that requires XuR which means that you wont be able to complete it until next week!

I can carry you through Crota that's no problem, the first 2 check points could give you gloves and chest or legs if you are lucky :)

I didnt need to play any crucible games, I did the first 3 mission with the Heroic modifier and the rest all on the easy level. Then did all the bounties (I had saved bounties from the previous day) and all that brought me to level 20 with a few strikes left to do.

:)

I am leaving for the morning but I will try to connect later today

Thanks man. I'll be on later as well.

Oh congrats to Itchy on getting to the lighthouse last night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Feck sake. Was having a look at the items on sale from the Vanguard quartermaster and noticed at the bottom you can buy marks in exchange for Spirit Bloom etc. Eh no, you can sell marks for them. So one button press later and I've lost 10 marks. Argh! Dope. They should have an idiot proof confirmation message for folks like me. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Feck sake. Was having a look at the items on sale from the Vanguard quartermaster and noticed at the bottom you can buy marks in exchange for Spirit Bloom etc. Eh no, you can sell marks for them. So one button press later and I've lost 10 marks. Argh! Dope. They should have an idiot proof confirmation message for folks like me. :mad:

I wouldn't worry, before long you'll have 200 of each type of mark forever and the only time you'll spend any is to buy those materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Always worth it to use a armour and weapon core to buy Judgement's chance, from this week I got a full int arms and 50/50 Int Strength helm for alt.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Got to vanguard rank 2 and enough marks to get my first chest piece, up to level 27 now. :)
    Tried PVP for the very first time, some Control games with Cormac. Eh, yeah, that was interesting. Total cannon fodder for eveyone. At times it was fun but mostly it was fook this, I just about saw the guy and I'm dead (I got 4 kills though woo!). :pac:
    I suppose I didn't expect anything other than to be massacred. Apart from having the experience of knowing the maps and meta-play - I presume it's also a case of needing decent weapons to stand a chance?

Think I ended up with 10 marks or so though so not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The PvP can be a mixed bag. I'm not great at it - think my kdr is around 0.8 although in my defence I'm generally drunk playing it. Last IB played a game and went 1-17, just couldn't kill anyone. Generally goes a lot better than that :o but if the connection is against you, y'er in trouble.
    Am finding ToO difficult to get into - just don't like the game mode.

• Advertisement

Got to vanguard rank 2 and enough marks to get my first chest piece, up to level 27 now. :)
    Tried PVP for the very first time, some Control games with Cormac. Eh, yeah, that was interesting. Total cannon fodder for eveyone. At times it was fun but mostly it was fook this, I just about saw the guy and I'm dead (I got 4 kills though woo!). :pac:
    I suppose I didn't expect anything other than to be massacred. Apart from having the experience of knowing the maps and meta-play - I presume it's also a case of needing decent weapons to stand a chance?

I got to 20 yesterday and then 28. Ran VOG Hard and Crota Normal and ended up 31 buy the end of yesterday. Just need gloves and I'll hit 32 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

That's some power levelling. How are you finding the Warlock? Void or Sun?

I got to 20 yesterday and then 28. Ran VOG Hard and Crota Normal and ended up 31 buy the end of yesterday. Just need gloves and I'll hit 32 :)

Nice! That your first character?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hit level 10 with my Warlock yesterday (2nd character) and have a bag of goodies in the vault waiting for when I hit certain levels.

Forgot how absolutely turgid the initial weaponry/armour is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone around for a 34 or 35 this evening on PoE? I've to put my hunter through both, or else run my Titan through the 35.

Anyone around for a 34 or 35 this evening on PoE? I've to put my hunter through both, or else run my Titan through the 35.

I'll do a 35 with you.

Yea flew up threw the ranks Steve. Sunsinger at the minute but switching to Void walker when I turn in bounties.
    No Andrew I've had 3 titans for ages but went and made a warlock at last. Also going to do a hunter the week after next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Crucible
    The first 20 or so games are pretty painful to be fair.
    Increasing your look sensitivity over time to about 5+ is a big help (unless you're going to a sniper-snap-to-head type play)
    Try and spec your Gunslinger to have Combustion, Tripmine (use these to "lock down" Zones the enemies trying to capture), Incendiary blade, Path Unkown, Way of the Drifter etc.
    Honestly, as weapons go the Strangers Rifle is very viable, like having Exotic Primaries is a big help, but the SR does the job.

It's a bit of a slog at the start, but if you dip in and out for a while with a handful of games every now and then it'll be worth it.
    You'll get to know the maps, the Meta-play, where the heavy ammo is gonna be every 3 mins and which perks suit you best.
    Plus the drops are pretty damn good now. I'd be surprised if you player 15 games and didn't have a legendary weapon drop tbh.

More Marks:
    I would try and get the remaining 9 marks (you've earned 91/100 this week) by doing 2 strikes this evening if you're on before the reset. That'll leave you with 21 Marks.
    And next week if you earn another 100, you'll have the 120 required to buy a helm.
    Earning marks is MUCH quicker now, you can do the weekly heroic tomorrow, and flythrough Tiger Strike playlists then.

Eris
    Best bet now imho would be to finish all the Eris quests (purple bounties, not white) including the Urn of Sacrifice quest (which you need to try and do between 9am Friday and 9am Sunday since you need Xur to be there for the 1st and last steps). That'll net you some guaranteed Light Value 33 Gloves (which should bump you another level and a half)

I'm going to restructure the chat rooms later, once I do, you'll be able to ask the lads for help. We've all done it and we're all well used to give each other a dig out anyway.

Cheers Cormac, what time is the reset at? Mon/Tues/Wed I'm not able to get online til around 10pm or so.

Cheers Cormac, what time is the reset at? Mon/Tues/Wed I'm not able to get online til around 10pm or so.

10am on Tuesday morning

Drop me a message if you're short bodies. Would like a run in PoE but will see how the evening pans out with the missus and the dog and GOT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I should be around after 9 or so. Wouldn't mind getting stuck into the 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Have a checkpoint on Atheon Hard if anyone is interested later?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cormac... wrote: »
    Crucible
    The first 20 or so games are pretty painful to be fair.
    Increasing your look sensitivity over time to about 5+ is a big help (unless you're going to a sniper-snap-to-head type play)
    Try and spec your Gunslinger to have Combustion, Tripmine (use these to "lock down" Zones the enemies trying to capture), Incendiary blade, Path Unkown, Way of the Drifter etc.
    Honestly, as weapons go the Strangers Rifle is very viable, like having Exotic Primaries is a big help, but the SR does the job.

It's a bit of a slog at the start, but if you dip in and out for a while with a handful of games every now and then it'll be worth it.
    You'll get to know the maps, the Meta-play, where the heavy ammo is gonna be every 3 mins and which perks suit you best.
    Plus the drops are pretty damn good now. I'd be surprised if you player 15 games and didn't have a legendary weapon drop tbh.

More Marks:
    I would try and get the remaining 9 marks (you've earned 91/100 this week) by doing 2 strikes this evening if you're on before the reset. That'll leave you with 21 Marks.
    And next week if you earn another 100, you'll have the 120 required to buy a helm.
    Earning marks is MUCH quicker now, you can do the weekly heroic tomorrow, and flythrough Tiger Strike playlists then.

Eris
    Best bet now imho would be to finish all the Eris quests (purple bounties, not white) including the Urn of Sacrifice quest (which you need to try and do between 9am Friday and 9am Sunday since you need Xur to be there for the 1st and last steps). That'll net you some guaranteed Light Value 33 Gloves (which should bump you another level and a half)

I'm going to restructure the chat rooms later, once I do, you'll be able to ask the lads for help. We've all done it and we're all well used to give each other a dig out anyway.

If he's level 27, im sure the you PS4 lads can bring him through the raids.Do the normal first to get him over the benchmark to be able to do the Hard crota raid.It should be no bother if 5 of you are level 34.That Urn of Sacrifice is pretty drawn out and pointless tbh.I just ended up scrapping the gauntlets.

Although do you not get armour the first time doing the raids?

If he's level 27, im sure the you PS4 lads can bring him through the raids.Do the normal first to get him over the benchmark to be able to do the Hard crota raid.It should be no bother if 5 of you are level 34.That Urn of Sacrifice is pretty drawn out and pointless tbh.I just ended up scrapping the gauntlets.

Armour is not guaranteed though.
    I've no problem doing Sherpa but usually it's at the weekend and I'll be away in Dublin this weekend so not sure what the story is.

But if you only have Light 13 gauntlets, those Eris ones are definitely worth it.
    All you have to do is do "Chamber of Night Mission", get to the 1/2 way point where the Wizard and some Acolytes appear from the Ship underground, do your bits (melee Cursed Thalls, Kill acolytes and Wizards with Void damage etc), Don't kill the Ogre, go back to Orbit (without dying) and then click Continue mission to rinse and repeat. The void section might be a bit painful aright as a Gunslinger.

Plus if he gets the Gauntlets, it'll mean her can Buy a Vanguard Helm (and maybe some Crucible boots)

I brought a level 27 lad through Crotas End normal mode, and while it's grand and handy, he got his drops etc, he was essentially just told either hide or kill himself.... and that's no way to do your 1st Raid.

If I am doing a Sherpa run Saturday night or Sunday night, I'll bring Andrew along alright, but in the meantime those Gautlets and Mark-Farming are the best economic use of time.

On a side note, when I did that Crotas End sherpa run it was initially with 5 newbies (one dropped out and we brought in Conovar as a ringer).... I now realise that you're probably better of mixing newbies and experience (like I normally do), with 3 newbies and 3 of the old guard.... We were on the Abyss for like an hour and a half if not more :pac:

foxerv1 wrote: »

Xbone? What's your GT?

I agree. We had 4 last night to do Normal Crota when I was a 28 and the rest were 32-34. Then we did VOG on hard and I was 29 and still breezed through it with six. I held the right conflux on my own and only died when I got quad sniped by Hobgoblins at the end and I held the Centre on my own at the GateKeeper.

Both Raids and a Nightfall took less time than running the Eris quest and I got VOG helmet, CE chest and VOG Boots.

Now to rank up the Vanguard :)

foxerv1 wrote: »

I'll give you a hand with my Titan.

Do you have more than one character ?

Armour is not guaranteed though.
    I've no problem doing Sherpa but usually it's at the weekend and I'll be away in Dublin this weekend so not sure what the story is.

But if you only have Light 13 gauntlets, those Eris ones are definitely worth it.
    All you have to do is do "Chamber of Night Mission", get to the 1/2 way point where the Wizard and some Acolytes appear from the Ship underground, do your bits (melee Cursed Thalls, Kill acolytes and Wizards with Void damage etc), Don't kill the Ogre, go back to Orbit (without dying) and then click Continue mission to rinse and repeat. The void section might be a bit painful aright as a Gunslinger.

Plus if he gets the Gauntlets, it'll mean her can Buy a Vanguard Helm (and maybe some Crucible boots)

I brought a level 27 lad through Crotas End normal mode, and while it's grand and handy, he got his drops etc, he was essentially just told either hide or kill himself.... and that's no way to do your 1st Raid.

If I am doing a Sherpa run Saturday night or Sunday night, I'll bring Andrew along alright, but in the meantime those Gautlets and Mark-Farming are the best economic use of time.

On a side note, when I did that Crotas End sherpa run it was initially with 5 newbies (one dropped out and we brought in Conovar as a ringer).... I now realise that you're probably better of mixing newbies and experience (like I normally do), with 3 newbies and 3 of the old guard.... We were on the Abyss for like an hour and a half if not more :pac:

Do you not need Xur to get the gloves ?

I agree. We had 4 last night to do Normal Crota when I was a 28 and the rest were 32-34. Then we did VOG on hard and I was 29 and still breezed through it with six. I held the right conflux on my own and only died when I got quad sniped by Hobgoblins at the end and I held the Centre on my own at the GateKeeper.

Both Raids and a Nightfall took less time than running the Eris quest and I got VOG helmet, CE chest and VOG Boots.

Now to rank up the Vanguard :)

Good points. But given the 2 Raids are some of the best content hands down. I wouldn't want to ruin someones 1st runs at them yanno?

I normally bring 3-6 newbies through a week and while level isn't a massive factor, I hate making players feel handicapped by being under levelled.

Most of the players I've helped level up have always commented on how it's frustrating doing your 1st Nightfalls at level 27 (back when they were 30) and basically being always dead.

Also, bare in mind all you guys have a slue of exotics and legendary weapons to choose from. So far all he's got is The Strangers Rifle and Murmur and Blue Rockets/Snipers etc.

No matter what way you slice it, doing a Hard Mode VoG at 27 with the Strangers Rifles is not gonna be a good time.

Rewards from doing Raids is great, but I would hate to take away from that initial feeling of accomplishment of doing the Raid 1st time by having spent 95% of your time as an Orb just watching

But I digress, Normal Mode VoG is doable, but it will take about 2 hours, which is why I'll have to wait till i'm back from Dublin, sure we all have enough to occupy us with the Weekly Reset inbound and E3 on anyway :P
    Do you not need Xur to get the gloves ?

Yes you do. But for now he's got enough on the To-Do list to occupy him till Friday.... well unless he starts no-lifing it in a big way like the rest of us :)

My favorite part of that was those last few shots those Cabal took at ya.

Phalanx: 'Woah! Look at that guy. How high do you think he is?"

Psion: "I dunno man. Why is he twirling like that? He's never going to stick the landing being that erratic."

Phalanx: "It's kind of beautiful with those swirly blue lights. Should we fire at him?"

Psion: "No. I want to see how this plays out."

BOOMCRASHSPLOSIONSDEADGUARDIAN

Psion: "I told ya he wouldn't stick that landing. Wonder if he's dead?"

Phalanx: "You ever see Zombieland?"

Psion: "Double tap?"

Phalanx: "Double tap."

fires

• Advertisement

... well unless he starts no-lifing it in a big way like the rest of us :)

I'm afraid work & family don't allow that. :)
    Although I do have 2 weeks holidays coming up so I should get more time in the second week of that.

Thanks for all the advice above and don't worry about bringing me through raid's or whatever (or not until you think I can make some sort of contribution). As above I just don't have the time to progress as fast as other folk but I'm happy out with the progress I'm making. You've given me plenty of stuff to keep me busy too. :)

As painful as my baptism to pvp was I can imagine it's pretty good fun when you know what you're doing so I'll defo be sticking with it.

Actually, a question - I had a look at your Gunslinger perks and set a few of mine that were different to match. Is is possbile to have perks from both subclasses active at once or is it just one or the other? If it's just one then why do they only give you access to Bladedancer at lvl15? Bit painful to start from scratch again I would've thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement