Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,894 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    September :eek:

12 weeks to get ready! PES2016 and Forza releasing the same day as TKK.

November looks insane too - but not for Destiny related reasons (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could somebody post the Fry Shut up and Take My Money Meme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you report them ? I've taken to reporting people for bad connections now to. Between both its ruining TOO

Yeah. I never used to report players, but that is happening too often for it to be random - and it usually happens two rounds in ... more often if you're leading.

That said I have seen a three man team reduced to two against us, so I wonder whether they're saying the same thing about us (and we certainly didn't IP attack anyone).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I would wager that well over 90% of connection issues are just that, cheating just isn't that easy to do or widespread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Are they going to raise the light level cap in TTK and presumably add new weapons etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

AdamD wrote: »
    I would wager that well over 90% of connection issues are just that, cheating just isn't that easy to do or widespread.

I used to think that - and getting a weasel is common enough to be fair. Getting kicked to home menu and kicked from party though ... that's rare. I've only ever had that happen in Trials - where you're knocked out of everything

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I used to think that - and getting a weasel is common enough to be fair. Getting kicked to home menu and kicked from party though ... that's rare. I've only ever had that happen in Trials - where you're knocked out of everything

Happened to me last night too and another night also, Trials is the only game mode where I've been kicked completely back to home menu. There was issues with XBL last night though so can't be sure.

If somebody's DDOSing you your whole internet would go, you definitely wouldn't end up in Orbit, psn party disconnects happen to me semi regularly and definitely have nothing to do with who you're playing. Happened twice yesterday and Trials actually reconnected me to the game which was nice.

I've been DDOSd on other games before and even that was rare with prize money involved. The likelihood of it happening on Destiny is just incredibly low (and most reports of it don't even come close to matching the symptoms of an actual DDOS attack).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nightfall is Devil Lair with angry, juggler and void burn.

Weekly is Nexus with grounded.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If somebody's DDOSing you your whole internet would go, you definitely wouldn't end up in Orbit, psn party disconnects happen to me semi regularly and definitely have nothing to do with who you're playing. Happened twice yesterday and Trials actually reconnected me to the game which was nice.

I've been DDOSd on other games before and even that was rare with prize money involved. The likelihood of it happening on Destiny is just incredibly low (and most reports of it don't even come close to matching the symptoms of an actual DDOS attack).

Not orbit, kicked out of the game entirely and not able to launch it for half an hour afterwards because it couldn't get the license from XBL. There was issues with XBL last night too though like I said, the last time it happened Live was running fine though. I'm not convinced I got DDOS'd but this particular error is unique to Trials for me.

• Advertisement

Nightfall is Devil Lair with angry, juggler and void burn.

Weekly is Nexus with grounded.

Is the nightfall not Omnigul ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is the nightfall not Omnigul ?

Sorry, you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

klose wrote: »
    Finally a new planet will be available!

Maybe I missed that but I don't see mention of a new planet?

Juggler and Void for the nightfall - whats void on that Omnigul - the ogres and anything else? Fallen and Hive are mostly arc, aren't they?

Weekly is the Nexus though.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Maybe I missed that but I don't see mention of a new planet?

I think it is the Hive dreadnaught ship rather than a new planet.

Looks like one of the new PVP maps is IN THE FREAKING TOWER!

I think it is the Hive dreadnaught ship rather than a new planet.

Looks like one of the new PVP maps is IN THE FREAKING TOWER!

Cheers, I saw something just now to suggest Mercury on Forbes, info is scarce

Any Xbox guys on now to do a nightfall ? I can't access it until I do the eris quest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Nightfall playlist needs to be jazzed up a bit. I'd add the last Mars mission and the mission on Venus the one before the Endless Steps I think it is. Also get rid of that exclusive nonsense and add the 3 psion flayers.

Nightfall playlist needs to be jazzed up a bit. I'd add the last Mars mission and the mission on Venus the one before the Endless Steps I think it is. Also get rid of that exclusive nonsense and add the 3 psion flayers.
    Exclusives from the original game release should end in September - so we may see the Psion Flayer mission in Nightfall. Not sure how long the exclusives are for TDB content.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Cheers, I saw something just now to suggest Mercury on Forbes, info is scarce

There was footage of Mercury in the trailer, but seems to be pvp. Like how the Dreadnaught is in Mars orbit.

Is it just me or was there also footage of Oryx in the Tower(could've be also been the cosmodrome).

• Advertisement

There was footage of Mercury in the trailer, but seems to be pvp. Like how the Dreadnaught is in Mars orbit.

Is it just me or was there also footage of Oryx in the Tower(could've be also been the cosmodrome).

I watched the trailer this morning while I was still half asleep- was going to have a proper look later to see if I could glean any info off it.

If anyone's thinking about/making a new character. You can buy stuff from Varik's at level 20. So with an armour core you get lvl 34 piece, and you could easily have 4/5 judgement chances too. Be pretty easy to hit 30s then trials for an Etheric or two to get 34 in a week.

If anyone's thinking about/making a new character. You can buy stuff from Varik's at level 20. So with an armour core you get lvl 34 piece, and you could easily have 4/5 judgement chances too. Be pretty easy to hit 30s then trials for an Etheric or two to get 34 in a week.

Can confirm. I'll be 34 today after hitting 20 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm glad it's only like 3 Months away, seems like we had to wait an age for HoW (albeit that being a good thing as it was so well polished and received). New players getting the full-edition from September are in for a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm glad it's only like 3 Months away, seems like we had to wait an age for HoW (albeit that being a good thing as it was so well polished and received). New players getting the full-edition from September are in for a treat :)

Haven't seen any of the new stuff yet. Does our progress carry over?

Haven't seen any of the new stuff yet. Does our progress carry over?

It's an expansion and you can buy it as part of a legendary edition with encompasses the demo, TDB and HoW and The Taken King so carrying over your progression is guaranteed. It's pretty much just a new DLC.

Will be surprised if we can ascend all our weapons again though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will be surprised if we can ascend all our weapons again though.

"Highest Attack Value in Year 1"

TTK arrives like 1 week into year 2 :p

Guess I'll actually bother with the Nightfall and Weekly so this week given they are so easy/quick.

Haven't bothered with them much in the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Guess I'll actually bother with the Nightfall and Weekly so this week given they are so easy/quick.

Quick? Omnigul? The mission itself is easy and quick but once you get to Omnigul it is just a nightmare. Never been in a group that has taken less than 15 minutes to kill her.

Quick? Omnigul? The mission itself is easy and quick but once you get to Omnigul it is just a nightmare. Never been in a group that has taken less than 15 minutes to kill her.

But Void burn as was said above isa kind of a 1-way thin this time, only Ogres deal it, and AE or WoC will shread through

• Advertisement

With void burn and lvl 34 it will be a cake walk, none of the enemies at the boss fight are void.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement