Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Having triple burn Jewel Of Orisises is the greatest thing to ever happen to my Destiny character

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Had there been any mention of being able to buy The Taken King expansion on its own physically. I know the option is there for digital but I don't like buying games that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems vets get some bonus items with Taken King.
    CHnqlgOVAAAyn1V.png

Collectors Edition for Taken King
    Destiny_TakenK_bonusLG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

UP6RkU2gprUwo9Mg8
    Yeah but do we get any bonus items with Taken King? :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's PS exclusive content again too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,894 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah but do we get any bonus items with Taken King? :D

If you are a vet you do.

I'm in computers though, so assume I get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's PS exclusive content again too.
    Damn it Bungie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quick? Omnigul? The mission itself is easy and quick but once you get to Omnigul it is just a nightmare. Never been in a group that has taken less than 15 minutes to kill her.

Myself Cable and Ferrigan finished the whole nightfall in about 10/15 minutes today. We were on Omnigul for no more than 5 minutes, and that's because one of us died and wed to clear the mobs to get the revive.

Varick has max intellect gloves for the Titan and max Strengthgloves for the Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    With void burn and lvl 34 it will be a cake walk, none of the enemies at the boss fight are void.

Says the man with a high impact void house of judgement auto rifle!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Says the man with a high impact void house of judgement auto rifle!

Just slap out your WOC, SOC and Truth simples :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

New ViDoc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That looks excellent! Loads of new content.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

So my Titan can be a Solar powered Thor now....."Stop, my penis can only get SO erect"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think the new modes in the Crucible will be great for variety. The Mayhem mode looks like fun.

The one thing I'm a bit disappointed with is the new villains, The Taken. They seem like a glorified palette swap of existing enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There was hype and noone invited me! You're all bad people! :P

EDIT: seriously, though, watched that now. The Hype is real people. That was effing class. F**k you Oryx!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Not quite sure who was who for Crota, but cheers for the invite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Not quite sure who was who for Crota, but cheers for the invite :)

No worries Foxer - think it was Johnny or TitanGerm who invited you in, but it was a handy enough run in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Lads,

am I the only one confused with the different edition of the taken king ?

40USD ... for some reason I saw 34 euros, and then 39 euros - now, the store shows unavailable.

now, i get that there is goodies with that edition ( not so sexy, one shader ... sparrow ... exclusive year 1 emblem) but the collector's edition get early access weapon pack. you can't get that with the digital edition ? same for the class items with xp bonuses , 3 shaders and "emotes" ....

i would have liked to get all that stuff without re-buying everything ( which i certainly WILL NOT DO ) :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lads,

am I the only one confused with the different edition of the taken king ?

40USD ... for some reason I saw 34 euros, and then 39 euros - now, the store shows unavailable.

now, i get that there is goodies with that edition ( not so sexy, one shader ... sparrow ... exclusive year 1 emblem) but the collector's edition get early access weapon pack. you can't get that with the digital edition ? same for the class items with xp bonuses , 3 shaders and "emotes" ....

i would have liked to get all that stuff without re-buying everything ( which i certainly WILL NOT DO ) :)

How I understand the digital extras you get from looking at the info on their site:

Digital ($/€40): Sparrow, Shader, Emblem - but the email they sent says you need to own both DLC's to get them (presume everyone owns them anyway).

Digital Collectors ($/€80): Class emotes, Shaders, class items. No sparrow, no emblem? :confused:

I was wondering where you saw mention of 'early access weapon pack' - it's at the very bottom of the site in the small print. Says it's attained by the pre-order of the digital edition or the purchasing of the digital collectors. :confused:

Hopefully PSN will have TTK up for pre-order soon (for the €40 or whatever) and that will give us the 3 items and weapons pack.

I'm going to wait to see how this plays out, I hope there'll be some sort of proper expansion pack, the below was said on Reddit.

The Early Access Weapons pack is more than likely just the "Vanguard Armoury" available Day 1 from the likes of Gamestop, Green weapons for levels 5-10ish for the initial story play though, I have them available if i go to the Vanguard Quartermaster

EDIT Pic here from my profile:
    Ftr97Af.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3a07sx/if_you_are_reading_this_you_will_get_the_taken/
    AS A THANK YOU TO OUR MOST LOYAL FANS WHO HAVE REACHED LIGHT LEVEL 30 OR WHO PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED EXPANSION I AND EXPANSION II BY AUGUST 31, 2015, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE COMMEMORATIVE FOUNDER’S FORTUNE YEAR 1 EMBLEM, SPARROW, ARMOR SHADER AND MORE AT LAUNCH WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF THE TAKEN KING.

*TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE VIP REWARDS, PLAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE LIGHT LEVEL 30 CHARACTER OR OWN BOTH EXPANSION I AND EXPANSION II ON OR BEFORE 08/31/15 AND PURCHASE AND PLAY THE TAKEN KING ON OR BEFORE 02/01/16. VIP REWARDS APPLICABLE FOR ANY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE OF DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING, DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – LEGENDARY EDITION, AND DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – COLLECTOR’S EDITION (DIGITAL OR PHYSICAL).

• Advertisement

The 'and more' part of the VIP package is annoying me. Just fecking tell us what we will get!

The digitial €40 expansion should include everything it is possible to get, if you have the other two packs - is stupid to not allow us various extras because we have been playing destiny since day 1 rather than only getting it in september. I've no issue with the massive price difference between what we have/will pay for everything vs the €60 for everything new players will pay - thats life, but to miss out on xp boosters (for the new subclasses) weapons and emotes, just unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cormac... wrote: »
    There was hype and noone invited me! You're all bad people! :P

EDIT: seriously, though, watched that now. The Hype is real people. That was effing class. F**k you Oryx!

Found this on Reddit, sums up how I feel about TTK:
    gXDibWN.png

No worries Foxer - think it was Johnny or TitanGerm who invited you in, but it was a handy enough run in the end.

Yeah it was, enjoyable actually. Would be well up for going again, or the vault even?

Ferrigan101, Craze and myself spent the following 3 hours and change in the 35 PoE, handy enough once you get a rhythm going on the poison.

I'm guessing there will be some clarification from Bungie on this, last thing they'll want to do is pi$$ off Day 1 players at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'll be buying the 40 option regardless, none of the other crap interests me. Surely the xp boosts are there so that people buying the 60 edition (who likely haven't played the game) can catch up slightly quicker.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'll be buying the 40 option regardless, none of the other crap interests me. Surely the xp boosts are there so that people buying the 60 edition (who likely haven't played the game) can catch up slightly quicker.
    I will buy it too - but I'd just find it annoying that brand new players are possibly getting exotic items and new emotes that day 1 players will be denied. New players shouldn't, imo, get any stuff we can't access too. Getting better value for money should be their late adopter advantage, not in game stuff.

I will buy it too - but I'd just find it annoying that brand new players are possibly getting exotic items and new emotes that day 1 players will be denied. New players shouldn't, imo, get any stuff we can't access too. Getting better value for money should be their late adopter advantage, not in game stuff.

I'd hold out and wait to see what Bungie come out with, the backlash will be massive if Day-1 players miss out on Emotes and XP-Boost items.

It's ALL over Reddit right now and the Bungie guy use Reddit a LOT so it's safe to say the issue has been fed back up the food chain to the higher ups.

Give it a weekly update (or 2, given the 1st will probably be "we've got some news coming about the Dancing Emote, please bare with us until next time") and I'm sure there'll be some proper clarification.

There's enough physical stuff in the collectors edition for them not to be messing about with this "Exclusive" in-game stuff

And now a word from our very tired looks sponsors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Yeah it was, enjoyable actually. Would be well up for going again, or the vault even?

Ferrigan101, Craze and myself spent the following 3 hours and change in the 35 PoE, handy enough once you get a rhythm going on the poison.
    Once we changed our "camping" spot for the mines it seemed a lot easier for some reason.

It was a fun night all round, thanks to the lads for the Crota run too. I got the crux so now have what I think is the most pointless exotic in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The one thing I'm a bit disappointed with is the new villains, The Taken. They seem like a glorified palette swap of existing enemies.

That Ogre with its back split open looks like he could be trouble. Hopefully the new abilities go beyond splitting in two. I do see an increase in yellow bar enemies.

• Advertisement

Once we changed our "camping" spot for the mines it seemed a lot easier for some reason.

It was a fun night all round, thanks to the lads for the Crota run too. I got the crux so now have what I think is the most pointless exotic in the game!

You've never had a No Land Beyond then bud?? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement