Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also not sure if anyone saw this :pac:
    When The Taken King drops, remember to go through each environment backwards so you're ready for all the missions and strikes in expansions III and IV

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is it sad I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from not playing the game since Monday? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Off next week so will actually get all the weekly stuff done, can focus on trial at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got the Thorn bounty yesterday and as a Hunter it was rough going. Had to get all my kills with a Void shotgun but I had a few monster games and got it all done in one sitting thank god! Just have to kill that elite Wizard now I think!

Friend who started playing last week got 32 as well so can finally give Prison of Elders a go as I said I would wait for him. Have to say though so glad I came back, really enjoying the game again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is it sad I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from not playing the game since Monday? :o

I'm in the same boat. Haven't been able to get on for a few days now. Will hopefully get on this evening for an aul fix.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Destiny on the xbox one is unplayable for me at the moment, keeps kicking me out/not letting me log in, lots of vulture errors too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

wexdevil wrote: »
    Destiny on the xbox one is unplayable for me at the moment, keeps kicking me out/not letting me log in, lots of vulture errors too

Seemed to be a bit dodgey for a while, is ok now though for me.

wexdevil wrote: »

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3a5z0j/error_code_vulture_on_two_characters/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Can someone let me know how to join the ps4 clan please. Need to get some more higher level content done before take king. Never got around to it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on now to help me do the lvl35 POE with my Titan on Xbox ?

• Advertisement

eggy81 wrote: »
    Can someone let me know how to join the ps4 clan please. Need to get some more higher level content done before take king. Never got around to it before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94033288&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Waiting for monkey boy Val in the reef to "cleanse" my queens exotic bounty I got in PoE34... its been 2 days now he would get a job in the county council. I dont know which weapon to pick. I really like the shotgun but I think the sniper fusion is the best bet all round.

Whaddyathink lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Cormac... wrote: »

Cheers. Joined up there.
    Psn is dalglish86

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone on now to help me do the lvl35 POE with my Titan on Xbox ?

Anyone on now for this ? Tried it with 2 team USA guys for 3 hours and never got it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone on now for this ? Tried it with 2 team USA guys for 3 hours and never got it finished.

I'll be on in about 10 minutes, if you still need a hand fire over an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone want a tshirt
    https://vine.co/v/eizgUmepeVv

Obviously unleveled as the shirt doesn't track or break up into smaller shirts when near its target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

RNGesus is kind. Only back playing a few days but got the Thorn bounty yesterday then I get Hawkmoon from the PoE chest today.

Now which one do I level for pvp?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thorn for PVP, it's the bane of my life.

Paired with a good shotgun/sniper depending on the map and I prefer a low speed, heavy hitting machine gun as my heavy.
    Unless I'm using an auto as my primary, then I'll use Truth or Gally.

Currently I'm using:
    Hawkmoon/Unwilling Soul
    Party Crasher +1 (full auto)/Ice Breaker
    BTRD/Truth/Gally

I'll be on in about 10 minutes, if you still need a hand fire over an invite.

Only saw this now sorry, I'll be trying this again all day so if anyone's on just throw me a message or jump in, was trying this till 2.30am and twice got kicked when we were about 3 rockets from downing him :(

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Waiting for monkey boy Val in the reef to "cleanse" my queens exotic bounty I got in PoE34... its been 2 days now he would get a job in the county council. I dont know which weapon to pick. I really like the shotgun but I think the sniper fusion is the best bet all round.

Whaddyathink lads?

I keep getting messed up by both in PvP but I think the Sniper is best for PvE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tbh they're all ****e for PvP but the shotguns pretty handy in PvE so I'd go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So - from the E3 build...

1. Class items with buffs
    2. Reforging of armour.
    3. No light levels on armour.

Obviously this is a test build, of an expansion not due for 3 months so these mightn't be planned at all, never mind not making the final cut. the 3rd one would be HUGE.

Have a horrible feeling a lot of our work prior to TTK could be killed - not able to progress weapons or armours to season 2 levels.

Those test builds looked a mess to be fair.

Level '20' players at Light Level 49
    And Level '30' Players at Light Level 45 etc....

Didn't make sense.... they called it "Ghosts in the machine" or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Those test builds looked a mess to be fair.

Level '20' players at Light Level 50
    And Level '30' Players at Light Level 46 etc....

Didn't make sense.... they called it "Ghosts in the machine" or something

Any link or info for where to see the above?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Any link or info for where to see the above?

It's in the ViDoc and E3 Mega-Threads Comments and Posts by people who were there (E3) on Reddit.
    Max Level 50? Image 1 @45 // Image 2 @ 49
    Looks like there is a Base level of 30 in the Level 45 image and a Base level of 20 in the Level 49 image.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3a2m0b/official_destiny_the_taken_king_vidoc_no_legend/

Kotaku had an article this morning talking about the Class Item buffs (experimenting) and they also said Armour just had perk nodes - which would be the same as the HoW armour so nothing new there - so I would guess all armour will have a base light level same as the HoW stuff and can then be ascended a level higher.

Also said on the armour they saw the attribute values were also determined by perks - 1 node for STR, the optional node below for INT, for example.

Interesting.

Kotaku had an article this morning talking about the Class Item buffs (experimenting) and they also said Armour just had perk nodes - which would be the same as the HoW armour so nothing new there - so I would guess all armour will have a base light level same as the HoW stuff and can then be ascended a level higher.

Also said on the armour they saw the attribute values were also determined by perks - 1 node for STR, the optional node below for INT, for example.

Interesting.

I'd take the whole lot with a HUGE does of salt

http://imgur.com/6onrwz4
    Also, you can reforge armor omg

The last node says increased vanguard rep gained. 2 of the nodes make u pick either strength intellect or discipline boosts .

Edit: also being able to switch between sniper ammo reload speed and any other gun with reload speed is awesome

https://twitter.com/MesaSean/status/611286725923508224

I'm sure further clarification will be inbound over the coming weeks.

It's clearly just a test environment and a feck tonne could change.

Also..... Kotaku like...... :pac:

I'd take the whole lot with a HUGE does of salt

http://imgur.com/6onrwz4

https://twitter.com/MesaSean/status/611286725923508224

I'm sure further clarification will be inbound over the coming weeks.

It's clearly just a test environment and a feck tonne could change.

Also..... Kotaku like...... :pac:

Yep - pinch of salt - but even experimenting with such changes to armour and class items is interesting.

Yep - pinch of salt - but even experimenting with such changes to armour and class items is interesting.

You mean you Don't want Carry More Ammo for Auto Rifles? :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It's in the ViDoc and E3 Mega-Threads Comments and Posts by people who were there (E3) on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3a2m0b/official_destiny_the_taken_king_vidoc_no_legend/

Thanks for that-because my back is a bit strung today I had a bit of time to nose around reddit. All of this looks good to me. If even half makes it to launch it will be like a new game. Actually feeling pretty excited for September now.

I was only thinking earlier- despite the obvious flaws that Destiny has, I keep playing it because it keeps drawing me back in. I don't know whether it's the game itself and the objectives that are part of it, or whether it's the social aspect of completing said objectives with friends, or making new ones, or any combination of the above, but on the whole I'm pretty happy with Destiny. I feel like HoW has been a huge step in the right direction and it looks likely to continue on that path with TTK. My question to the boards community is how does everyone else feel?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement