Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

foxerv1 wrote: »
    My question to the boards community is how does everyone else feel?

I love it all so far.
    It makes for a good excuse to avoid mid-week pints while not skimping on the sh!te talking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cormac... wrote: »

Not even going to give those ****ers the page view.

Finally, possibly subject to some changes, here's the skill trees of the new sub-classes.

PvP wise, Hunter ain't up to much, Titan looks good, Warlock looks like it could be insane
    PvE wise, Not sure how creating "Sun spots" will come into play, warlocks look like Mob killers, Hunters look like a pretty average support class (like a Sunsinger)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3a6uj6/all_3_new_subclass_skill_trees_represented_by/

Also River Island confirmed as a Faction, full faction gear clip below:

http://xboxclips.com/laser712/041f7e0d-250d-4712-8fab-2ad002ffd683/embed

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Varik wrote: »
    Not even going to give those ****ers the page view.

Well said, sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Also River Island confirmed as a Faction, full faction gear clip below:

http://xboxclips.com/laser712/041f7e0d-250d-4712-8fab-2ad002ffd683/embed[/QUOTE]

Can we Corkonians just go into Patricks Street and grind rep in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Should TTK content be locked until you kill Crota? It's the story of the expansion so it would be silly to be allowed bypass the major plot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Should TTK content be locked until you kill Crota? It's the story of the expansion so it would be silly to be allowed bypass the major plot point.

What plot? If destiny's next expansion featured killer clowns from Pluto, it would be about as canon as the rest of the story.

bugs wrote: »
    What plot?

While I agree the overall plot is a bit of a mess. But you should have to do a successful Crota raid to progress to Oryx. It's a part of the game that actually ties together.

"You killed my son"

"Who? I've only done POE"

Most of us had to adhere to a fixed path of progression and so should new players. I'm not bothered with them getting a ship, shader and a s**t in Bungie HQ toilets.

It might make sense to have people who are brand new to Destiny to have to actually do the raid, but then what of those that have been playing for some time, but haven't done the raid?

• Advertisement

It might make sense to have people who are brand new to Destiny to have to actually do the raid, but then what of those that have been playing for some time, but haven't done the raid?

LFG? Clans? There's numerous Destiny pages on Facebook. I'm one on myself tons of posts looking for raid groups. I'm sure Reddit has stuff.

I'm starting to sound like a miserable b******d. Don't mean to but I'm very adamant here.

Oh I know, but almost every Destiny related post I see on facebook, where I decide brave the whine filled mire that is the comments, I am sure to find someone saying they can't do the raids, nightfall, or poe, as they have no mates that play, or they just say about the lack of matchmaking for those same things. Both sets of comments are the same really.

While some seem to not want to put in the minimal effort with LFG and everything else, there are those that might not have wanted to.

New players have to level up regardless. The Star Wars MMO (free to play game), with their new expansion, will let subscribers - who get the expansion for free - to roll brand new characters that will start out at level 60, so new and old there can avoid a whole lot of grind.

Maybe they should have to do Crota, before the new raid, similar to not being allowed to do/start the weekly or nightfall, if it is Omnigul and you have not done the Dark Below missions to unlock it.

While some seem to not want to put in the minimal effort with LFG and everything else, there are those that might not have wanted to.

Speak of the devil. Question on Facebook the other night: "How do I get Fatebringer and Black Hammer without doing the raids". Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Speak of the devil. Question on Facebook the other night: "How do I get Fatebringer and Black Hammer without doing the raids". Jesus wept.

Should have said you have to do the Mars strike 10 times in a row without dying.

HavelTRock wrote: »
    Can we Corkonians just go into Patricks Street and grind rep in there?

Dunno, spent the night grinding the Mannequin Major at the end and the Nightfall buff didn't help, got 2 Blues and some window-shards.
    Might have to wear the Overpriced-Belt-Class-Item to level it up faster

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I was not even aware of that Crucible sub! I'll have to keep an eye on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Xur is at the reef

Hard Light
    Titan: ACD/0 Feedback Fence
    Hunter: Khepri's Sting
    Warlock: Starfire Protocal

Chest engram

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Good stuff!! Some new exotics for my alts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xur is at the reef

Hard Light
    Titan: ACD/0 Feedback Fence
    Hunter: Khepri's Sting
    Warlock: Starfire Protocal

Chest engram

Will pick up the titan and hunter exotics anyway. think I have the warlock one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have no idea if the titan gloves are any good but i am excite for to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's some very good videos on YouTube about the new sub classes. Just search Planet Destiny.

I have no idea if the titan gloves are any good but i am excite for to use them.

If playing against a poor team in control they could be great. Bubble up, punch anything coming near you and then bubble up elsewhere again.

The titan melee is so poor though I don't think an exotic based on it is good from an offensive (striker) point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have a question relating to TTK, and the different editions available. What's everyone going for?

I have a question relating to TTK, and the different editions available. What's everyone going for?

Will be going for the standard digital upgrade option, whatever it is called.

Not getting the collectors edition, and I already have the current game and expansions so no need to buy them again (not sufficiently interested in the in-game items that come with that).

Hoping they will sell a package of TKK and Season Two DLC pass as a bundle. If they do, I will get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Was thinking of getting the physical collectors edition for the strange coin, but Activision are ripping off Europe once again where $80(albeit without tax) magically equals £80(inc tax). After adjusting the US price for tax it should be £60 making it ~€80 like the digital version.

Amazon Germany are selling it for €100, same as the original CE. Wouldn't be suprised to see Gamestop look for €130 for it again.

Yup, Gamestop are charging €120 for the CE. Amazon France are cheapest at €90.

Gamestop are also charging €80 for the standard version of Taken King. Complete rip off merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Will be going for the standard digital upgrade option, whatever it is called.

Not getting the collectors edition, and I already have the current game and expansions so no need to buy them again (not sufficiently interested in the in-game items that come with that).

Hoping they will sell a package of TKK and Season Two DLC pass as a bundle. If they do, I will get that.

This is what I intend to do. I'll get the TTK plus DLC bundle if that ever becomes an option; otherwise I will get the Digital upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

xur is on the Reef this week. Hopefully save someone time trawling the Tower for him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

djkeogh wrote: »
    xur is on the Reef this week. Hopefully save someone time trawling the Tower for him

unFond memories of the last time the clocks went back (or forward) and I spent a 1/2 hour running round the tower and he wasn't even there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was thinking of getting the physical collectors edition for the strange coin, but Activision are ripping off Europe once again where $80(albeit without tax) magically equals £80(inc tax). After adjusting the US price for tax it should be £60 making it ~€80 like the digital version.

Amazon Germany are selling it for €100, same as the original CE. Wouldn't be suprised to see Gamestop look for €130 for it again.

Yup, Gamestop are charging €120 for the CE. Amazon France are cheapest at €90.

Gamestop are also charging €80 for the standard version of Taken King. Complete rip off merchants.

I'd be weary of region specific dlc, but if you're getting the game and the new/old season pass it might not be an issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement