Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nope, having just gone through this the last couple of days it actually matters most above level 20.

Forgive my brief previous reply. I was on lunch and only had my phone.

So here's what I've learned. The references to light levels may not be exact but I hope you get the idea.

If you are lvl 20 and decrypt a blue engram - you get a level 20 engram with light level base 2 upgradable to 4.

So if you have 5 of each Armour type and decrypt all - you will get a suit of blue Armour, total light level of base 8 upgradable to 16. You will also have 4 spare pieces of each Armour type to break down into parts.

But if you decrypt only 1 of each type you get the same light level and keep 4 of each type of engram.

Once you reach lvl 21 (by upgrading a few of the pieces of armour) then when you decrypt the next armour engram it will have a higher base light level (and associated upgrade level) because you were lvl 21 when you decrypted - this carries on until at lvl 24 (I think) the max is reached with base level 13 (or 14 ) and upgradable lvl 15.

Hope that makes some bit of sense.

This isn't the case. You can easily get a sub 15 light level decrypting blue engrams at 32, it appears that the light level is pre-determined based on where the engram was obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Well I can only tell you of my experience.

I decrypted tonnes of these over the past couple days.

It worked out exactly like I describe above.

The first engrams I decoded would have been picked up by my lvl 31 hunter on raids. They decrypted by my lvl 6 Titan to level 6 items.

My lvl 31 hunter decodes greens at lvl 18 - never got anything lower, and blues at 20 - never any lower.

Don't know how yours is different - that's how mine works anyway.

I must also add that you'll note that on hitting lvl 20 - all the blue armor you have decoded to that point will have 0 light - its only once you reach lvl 20 that blue engrams begin to decode with light.

At lvl 21 they decode with more light than they decoded when you were lvl 20, and at lvl 22 more light than 21 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Will have to work on leveling my own hunter up. Need a helm and boots. Will try to get a normal raid in over the next few days.

Be grand, just get sniper to get his Hunter sorter :P

Also, all this talk about needing to level up characters.....
    1) Do the Urn quest from Eris
    2) Do the VoG on Normal Each week and use that armour as a stop gap (don't necessarily level it up fully, use it at its base level)
    3) Grind marks and rank from Crucible/Vanguard/Factions and buy whatever pieces you need
    4) Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Be grand, just get sniper to get his Hunter sorter :P

Also, all this talk about needing to level up characters.....
    1) Do the Urn quest from Eris
    2) Do the VoG on Normal Each week and use that armour as a stop gap (don't necessarily level it up fully, use it at its base level)
    3) Grind marks and rank from Crucible/Vanguard/Factions and buy whatever pieces you need
    4) Profit

Yeah, should have enough shards after another normal raid with my hunter, will just need some glimmer and sapphire wire though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finding it hilarious that I've over 100 strange coins and 20 exotic shards but have about 20 Plasteel Platings and Hadronic Essences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone else having connection issues on PSN? Destiny says it can't connect to PSN even though I'm signed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Anyone else having connection issues on PSN? Destiny says it can't connect to PSN even though I'm signed in.

Me too. Can't even get into party chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

****ing psn.

Cant get into the store either, says down for maintenance

• Advertisement

Changed my MTU setting on the internet settings to 1450. I'm connected now.

Changed my MTU setting on the internet settings to 1450. I'm connected now.

Not re4lated but I had the same problem a few days ago, couldnt log in for the evening. MTU made no difference. However, since then I am not receiving any messages, last message is from 2 days ago but I know people are messaging me because I see notifications coming in, when I try accessing from the off I get cannot connect to server, this has been going of for 2 days now

Bohrio wrote: »
    Not re4lated but I had the same problem a few days ago, couldnt log in for the evening. MTU made no difference. However, since then I am not receiving any messages, last message is from 2 days ago but I know people are messaging me because I see notifications coming in, when I try accessing from the off I get cannot connect to server, this has been going of for 2 days now

I was going to change my MTU setting back after reading this but I'm still receiving messages on PSN so I'll keep it as is for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,935 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

See Bungie are making some big changes to weapons this month.

Shotguns are getting a 100% damage (vs non guardians) increase at close range. Pulse rifles a 9.7% increase. Auto rifles are getting a 2.5% decrease in DPS on average. Fusion rifles getting a shot spread change (wider cone). Hand cannon reduce range and accuracy.

Scout, Sniper, Machine Gun, Rocket - mostly untouched.

Will be interesting to see how the pulse rifle changes effect the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I kept Red Death and a high impact, high ROF legendary Pulse Rifle because I knew they were going to get buffed.

Let's see how it plays out. Shotguns may also be very useful for taking down shields now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

All you need now is Ghorn...

I kept Red Death and a high impact, high ROF legendary Pulse Rifle because I knew they were going to get buffed.

Let's see how it plays out. Shotguns may also be very useful for taking down shields now.

i'm hoping Xur is either selling Red Death or upgrading i tomorrow. Along with some titan gauntlets.

will probably be NLB again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

i'm hoping Xur is either selling Red Death or upgrading i tomorrow. Along with some titan gauntlets.

Xur has been officially contracted to sell NLB every second week until everyone has paid 17 coins for that particular 'free' shard!

I'm guessing it won't be a Dark Below weapon tomorrow ... but I'm not going to raise my hopes for what I want (G-horn, Icebreaker, Suros or Red Death).

Or heavy ammo synths. I think I'd settle for synths.

No no, xur will sell one of the exotics I have :D

that is

Plan C
    Patience and time
    TLW

or if we are lucky dragons breath

NLB is next week :)

I really wish he was selling read death or suros tbh... or even truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Don't think it was just PSN having issues tonight as we had a few disconnections on the 360. Game chat was pretty iffy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah FFS Xur, you p****k!

Just getting it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah FFS Xur, you p****k!

Just getting it out of the way.

The only exotic I need that he can sell is Gallahorn so I'm not holding out much hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The only exotic I need that he can sell is Gallahorn so I'm not holding out much hope :)

Ah I'm the same other than one warlock helm I don't have. It's just he's sold the upgrade for it so often it's like he's winding us up.*

Like to have the ghjallahorn but it's not bugging me anymore.

*I do realise Xur's not a real person

All you need now is Ghorn...

That bastard eludes me even on PS4... got my second hawkmoon yesterday and my fifth exotic shard (ahem I mean no land beyond). Also got patience and time.

Very lucky this week though. Can't bear to shard the hawkmoon, it just feels wrong

BTW PS fellas, I still can't see new messages so if you are messaging me and I dont reply is because I can't see your message so a party invite would probably be best!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xur has disappointed me yet again. No heavy synths you god dam tentacle face :(

175 SC and counting.

No no, xur will sell one of the exotics I have :D

that is

Plan C
    Patience and time
    TLW

or if we are lucky dragons breath

NLB is next week :)

I really wish he was selling read death or suros tbh... or even truth!

Hate to be right!

Like emmet said, no heavy ammo and Plan C! hate to say it but "I told you all" comes to mind ;)

That bastard eludes me even on PS4... got my second hawkmoon yesterday and my fifth exotic shard (ahem I mean no land beyond). Also got patience and time.

Very lucky this week though. Can't bear to shard the hawkmoon, it just feels wrong

BTW PS fellas, I still can't see new messages so if you are messaging me and I dont reply is because I can't see your message so a party invite would probably be best!

I sharded a second hawkmoon a couple weeks ago. It was before I had really tried the Hand-Cannons properly. Wish I hadn't sharded it, it by far my favourite weapon, now and I have to keep switching it between my guardians.

Can someone let me know what the full list of Xur's items to buy are?

I'm hoping to get some decent Armor for my Titan.

Edit: Just found out the Glasshouse is the Titan specific armor - Looks like I'll be picking that up later so. Bit annoying though cos I still have Rare gauntlets.

Picked up Plan-C a couple days ago from a legendary engram the postman had in lost and found. Got the Vex last night and Patience and Time from the NF on Tuesday so I'm not too bothered about the weapons at this stage - the only one I still want is G'horn. Having Suros, Hawkmoon and Icebreaker - I don't see I'd be using any of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Can someone let me know what the full list of Xur's items to buy are?

Items:
    The Glasshouse (Titan Helm, Intellect 118/127)- 13 SC
    Dont touch Me (Hunter Gloves, Discipline 104/111) - 13 SC
    Sunbreakers (Warlock Gloves, Intellect 98/105)- 13 SC
    Plan C - 17 SC
    Exotic Shard - 7 SC
    Exotic Engram (Gloves) - 23 MoL

Upgrades:
    Aclyiophage Symbiote
    Crest of Alpha Lupi
    An Insurmountable Skullfort
    No Backup Plans
    Skull of Dire Ahamkara
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    Hard Light
    Suros Regine
    MIDA Multi Tool
    Thorn
    Icebreaker
    Super Good Advice

Curios:
    Hand Canon Telemetry - 1 SC
    Shotgun Telemetry - 1 SC
    Rocket Launcher Telemetry - 1 SC
    Plasma Drive - 23 SC
    Void Drive - 23 SC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Definitely buying don't touch me, got the raid helmet so I'll swap out the exotic.

• Advertisement

Only thing of use to me this week is the exotic engram. I need titan gauntlets and only have enough motes for 1 engram. 4 attempts last week ended in disappointment of 3 warlock gauntlets and 1 hunter. Gimme some damned luck this week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement