Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Hard light again. Xur been poor on the weapons front for a while now.

Few engrams again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hoping they will sell a package of TKK and Season Two DLC pass as a bundle. If they do, I will get that.

This is also where I'm at. Although it's a small bit of a kick to anyone who has played since day one, there's no rhyme or reason to fork out that much for the same game and additional content I already have.

On the other hand, it might be worth it for me on PS4, as I only have the vanilla disc, and even then it cos me nothing, and I am eventually going to buy the expansions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

eggy81 wrote: »
    Hard light again. Xur been poor on the weapons front for a while now.

Few engrams again.

he can't be good on weapons anymore, imo.

He can't sell the new exotics, I don't think he will ever sell Gally, and I can't think of another weapon that will get people excited that he will sell. Surely any player who cares likely has everything at this point; apart from Gally (won't sell) or Vex (can't sell).

He is only a potential source of new armour, imo, now.

Would like him to sell 4th Horseman, as I don't have it, but don't know if he can.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    This is also where I'm at. Although it's a small bit of a kick to anyone who has played since day one, there's no rhyme or reason to fork out that much for the same game and additional content I already have.

On the other hand, it might be worth it for me on PS4, as I only have the vanilla disc, and even then it cos me nothing, and I am eventually going to buy the expansions anyway.
    If you don't have TDB or HoW, and haven't bought them by then, then I would recommend you buy the legendary edition or whatever it is called, and get the original game (again), the two older expansions and TKK in one go. It will probably work out cheaper to get them all that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Would like him to sell 4th Horseman, as I don't have it, but don't know if he can.

He can't at least for another 3 months.

He can only sell 50% of the Overall Exotic Weapons in the game anyway
    If you don't have TDB or HoW, and haven't bought them by then, then I would recommend you buy the legendary edition or whatever it is called, and get the original game (again), the two older expansions and TKK in one go. It will probably work out cheaper to get them all that way.

Could Always sell the existing Vanilla disc then for something on Adverts or CEX or whatever maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Interesting theory on Reddit for those interested:
    I would like to posit that the darkness is not the vex, and the great collapse was not the Darkness 'capital D' that the Traveler fears/fled.

To understand why it is not the Vex allow me to elaborate. The Vex have ontological weapons, and have been known to eradicate entire fireteams of careless guardians from existence. The 'transformed' Mercury in a matter of days, and yet if your Ghost is to be believed the Traveler (the motionless ball thing) stopped them from doing the same to the rest of the Solar system... and yet, here we are possibly centuries of time post collapse and the Vex have not come to finish what they started.

The Vault of Glass is perhaps outside of time much like the Black Garden, and the Vex have the processing power to run all their computations endlessly, in an isolated pocket dimension, yet they never conclude to use the time of the motionless Traveler to strike when a relatively small number of guardians can muster to protect it.

The reason isn't because the Traveler stopped the Vex but I would suggest because the Vex are a creation of Man and the Traveler. And what has happened has already happened, going back in time would only endanger their own existence. They don't care for the humanity of today, but they can't deploy ontological weapons against humanity without causally endangering themselves.

Also this is why they can't exist in Earth's history as that would also cause changes to all the pre-Traveler timelines. Once man reached the Traveler on Mars however, the dimensional, and temporal distortions caused by the Traveler allow them to exist and always have existed on those 2 planets. This is also why there are no Vex on the moon, as man landed on the moon before we encountered the Traveler.

The very name Vex seems a portmanteau? of two words VEnus and EXo the Vex are Exo from Venus, their clans/groups are named after their functions and one of those functions would be to ensure they continue to exist in all timelines.

This is the job of the Hezen corrective and Hezen protective. Hezen I think is the Turkish word for beam/log (according to google), which didn't seem very promising, until you see the big beam of light/data that pervade the Vex infrastructure.

They have to exist on Venus so they can be discovered by the Ishtar scientists and subsequently reverse engineered in order to advance Exo science so that they can in turn be created to go back in time so they can exist on Venus...

On Mars however the Virgo Prohibition seems to be rather clumsy with expelling the Cabal, but then perhaps, this is the subject of causality. The defences a farce, an obstacle to be overcome by mankind seeking to restore the Traveler, yet not undefended and open to the Cabal. The information available, the key there, but the Gate closed.

Or at least i think. It could be a backup to ensure that man has the same info on Mars through the Clovis Bray facilities as those that would be acquired on Venus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was thinking of getting the physical collectors edition for the strange coin, but Activision are ripping off Europe once again where $80(albeit without tax) magically equals £80(inc tax). After adjusting the US price for tax it should be £60 making it ~€80 like the digital version.

Amazon Germany are selling it for €100, same as the original CE. Wouldn't be suprised to see Gamestop look for €130 for it again.

Yup, Gamestop are charging €120 for the CE. Amazon France are cheapest at €90.

Gamestop are also charging €80 for the standard version of Taken King. Complete rip off merchants.

Everyone on here should pre order (if no deposit) in Gamestop and just not collect the game. I ****in hate Lamestop soooooo much it hurts like a gally to the noggin!!!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Everyone on here should pre order (if no deposit) in Gamestop and just not collect the game. I ****in hate Lamestop soooooo much it hurts like a gally to the noggin!!!!!!

Gamestop in Carlow asks for a deposit. €10 is not worth the protest. I'm buying the legendary edition with a friend. I pay 25% and get TTK he pays for and gets the rest. That's under the presumption that TTK is on a disc, if it's just a download code I may as well get it off PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gamestop in Carlow asks for a deposit. €10 is not worth the protest. I'm buying the legendary edition with a friend. I pay 25% and get TTK he pays for and gets the rest. That's under the presumption that TTK is on a disc, if it's just a download code I may as well get it off PS store.

I think all the content is on disc, but a code is required for the expansion content, be a bit easy to exploit if it isn't. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I hope it's All codes (except for Vanilla) so I can get the physical copy of the Collecotrs edition and disect and sell on to my hearts content

Also, there was no weekly update so someone made their own and it's gas

http://bellebloggingbunny.blogspot.ie/2015/06/not-bungie-weekly-update-06182015-e3.html

Finally some of the guys in Dads of Destiny and Reddit did a farewell to a fallen guardian here, I thought it was a really nice thing to do

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3abrn8/a_farewell_video_for_our_fallen_friend_rip/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Fantastic trials run with salty and chunkydave, epic finish for a trip to the lighthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Watch the guy coming up the steps at the back of B.

I'm still getting used to this Warlock :D

https://youtu.be/r5zeeXXQNks

Longer version of the same game.

https://youtu.be/GwxVudwwqrM

Edit: How do I embed the video ?

Banter

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dr..

Looking for players to play with, im currently a level 14 hunter. Reply or private message me with your psn ID and I'll add you

Dr.. wrote: »
    Looking for players to play with, im currently a level 14 hunter. Reply or private message me with your psn ID and I'll add you

Join the clan lad. We're always looking for fun and maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Banter

"The next yoga class will try to kill you. Kill them back."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was patrolling the Moon and found a Dead Ghost I'd never seen before. When I picked it up it gave me a Legendary Engram. That turned into an Exotic primary weapon. No Land Beyond.

Has it been talked about if this Exotic is supposed to drop more often than any other? That is my 4th or 5th one. And I don't even have 1 of many other Exotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was patrolling the Moon and found a Dead Ghost I'd never seen before. When I picked it up it gave me a Legendary Engram. That turned into an Exotic primary weapon. No Land Beyond.

Has it been talked about if this Exotic is supposed to drop more often than any other? That is my 4th or 5th one. And I don't even have 1 of many other Exotics.

Where did you pick up the ghost ? Must have just been luck.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where did you pick up the ghost ? Must have just been luck.

It was in the small base that you get to through a small gap in the mountain. Near the Hellmouth. It was in one of the buildings.

If you start today's Daily you will have to go to that location at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No ****, I'm genuinely stony to get NLB.
    I know it's **** but I want to troll with it in combined arms and inferno!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Join the clan lad. We're always looking for fun and maybe more.

:eek::eek:

That_Guy wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Destiny Guardians in your area, call now.

Competent guardians look to raid, crucible and even just patrol.

Upto a 6 hour downtime on Destiny tomorrow for 4pm.

Upto a 6 hour downtime on Destiny tomorrow for 4pm.

At least they had the courtesy not to do it on a Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

What's the downtime for?

Hococop wrote: »
    What's the downtime for?

Dunno it isn't specified.
    Bungie wrote:
    Spread the word. Destiny will be offline for maintenance tomorrow, starting at about 8AM PDT. Downtime could last for 6 hours. Future plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Weapon balancing please

At least they had the courtesy not to do it on a Tuesday evening.
    Screws last day of trails for a lot of Europe though.

Destiny Guardians in your area, call now.

Competent guardians look to raid, crucible and even just patrol.

What happens on patrol stays on patrol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just noticed The Taken King is available for pre-order on PSN, went with the €40 version myself, curious what the exclusive weapons pack is going to be. 84 days away. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement