Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

got my 3rd thorn this weekend. if I go for a 4th I'll know for certain i have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    got my 3rd thorn this weekend. if I go for a 4th I'll know for certain i have a problem.

I didn't bother with the thorn bounty as it looked like a lot of work.

I wouldn't mind another hand cannon now though as I've been using halkmoon exclusively since I luckily got it early on.

Also could do with a legendary hand cannon.

And lastly I must start looking at how to get etheric light to level up a bit more.

TOO doesn't really interest me. Or more so I wouldn't want to let a team down as I really suck at pvp.

Did the nightfall last week but didn't get any there.

Can you buy it somehow maybe?

I've got an etheric light from a NF but only once. It's pretty rare. You'll get it from a 34 or 35 prison of elders
    Thorn is worth having for pvp. It's just a monster. The bounty's not too bad.
    Word of Crota - check
    Void shottie - check
    The Truth - hurts :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Would love to get my hands on Thorn, getting the bounty itself is random though yeah?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Would love to get my hands on Thorn, getting the bounty itself is random though yeah?

Yeah, it's random. Keep handing in bounties and it will drop. "A light in the dark" is the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've no evidence to back this up but every time I get an Exotic bounty is when I'm handing in multiple bounties at the same time. So try and finish off four at a time and hand them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thorn Bounty can drop whenever.... though if you turn in 4 bounties it's 4 times more likely to pop up than if you turn in 1 ;)

Trials of Osiris puts me in a bad mood, just can't cope with this f**king Thorn s**t.

Like yeah I'm not using Hand Cannons, put I'm at the stage now where I'm trying Scout Rifles and Pulse Rifles and they are still no match for Thorn.

The thing needs to be F**king nerfed, I've had enough of it now, it's genuinely ruining a game mode for me.

Vex was OP - Nerfed Specifically
    Pocket Infinity was OP - Nerfed Specifically
    Plan C was OP - Nerfed Generally
    Suros was (arguably) OP - Nerfed Generally

I shouldn't HAVE to use one of (maybe) 3 Exotic Weapons to be competitive in a whole f**king mode.

And the worst thing is now I don't want to play cause I feel like I'm letting the other 2 players on my team down by not using my Thorn cause I probably just come across a big, dead, stubborn, blue orb.

So it's offline from 4pm - 10pm tonight than yeah?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I've no evidence to back this up but every time I get an Exotic bounty is when I'm handing in multiple bounties at the same time. So try and finish off four at a time and hand them in.

Cheers, I read as much online so have started doing that. :)

Level 31 now too. Think my next get will be the vanguard helm to get me to lvl 32. Not sure where to go after that though - other than the one exotic armour I'm allowed wear (have gloves from Xur) - how to I get gear with more than 36 light per piece? Or do I upgrade current gear maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »
    Thorn Bounty can drop whenever.... though if you turn in 4 bounties it's 4 times more likely to pop up than if you turn in 1 ;)

Trials of Osiris puts me in a bad mood, just can't cope with this f**king Thorn s**t.

Like yeah I'm not using Hand Cannons, put I'm at the stage now where I'm trying Scout Rifles and Pulse Rifles and they are still no match for Thorn.

The thing needs to be F**king nerfed, I've had enough of it now, it's genuinely ruining a game mode for me.

I shouldn't HAVE to use one of (maybe) 3 Exotic Weapons to be competitive in a whole f**king mode.

And the worst thing is now I don't want to play cause I feel like I'm letting the other 2 players on my team down by not using my Thorn cause I probably just come across a big, dead, stubborn, blue orb.

Why aren't you using hand cannons? Its just silly not to at this point

You can upgrade exotic armour to 42 with an exotic shard
    Legendary armour can be upgraded to 42 with an etheric light or you can buy 42 armour from the PoE dude in the reef
    Is the ToO gear 42 methinks it is?

• Advertisement

Cheers, I read as much online so have started doing that. :)

Level 31 now too. Think my next get will be the vanguard helm to get me to lvl 32. Not sure where to go after that though - other than the one exotic armour I'm allowed wear (have gloves from Xur) - how to I get gear with more than 36 light per piece? Or do I upgrade current gear maybe?

HoW Missions
    Lvl 28 PoE (to unlock the other higher level modes)
    Get the Vanguard Helm as you say.

Then you'll be like 32.5 and the Lvl 32 PoE gives Light lvl 42 Gear

After that:
    Crucible
    Crucible
    Crucible
    :p

(Then some more Raids at the Weekend or whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Thorn does blow up their stated goal of having weapon type relevancy at different ranges. Losing out to a Thorn in Twilight Gap against my scout rifle, from across the map is ludicrous. Needs a either an adjustment to its DOT (either decrease the per tick damage or make it to where you can't die from it) or an across the board nerf on HC range.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

ToO this week end was not great again, getting shot through walls did piss me off a bit though.

Generic, if you want to do some ToO, ping me, as I kind of suck at it. I doubt you'll feel like letting me down, ahahah.

Got the Crux at the week end! so that the last exotic from the Dark Beyond I was missing. Great.

... now if I could get a bounty for the new weapons ... it would be kinda nice.

Generic, if you want to do some ToO, ping me, as I kind of suck at it. I doubt you'll feel like letting me down, ahahah.

Thanks, but given it's not gonna be back online till 10pm I'll give it a miss....

It proper put me off the game last night in a kind of Pre-How Crotas End Hard-Mode kind of way..... ended up watching TV and going to bed early with a sour head on me

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've got an etheric light from a NF but only once. It's pretty rare. You'll get it from a 34 or 35 prison of elders

Ok so I'll be torn apart in level 34 or 35 as I'm a level 32.. And a half, don't forget the half lol.

But if some generous soul wants to help me through it I'll happily give it a go.

If you don't respawn though you'll be helping me a lot bear in mind.

Next time I'm on I'll put a request for help up on the ps chat thing.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Ok so I'll be torn apart in level 34 or 35 as I'm a level 32.. And a half, don't forget the half lol.

But if some generous soul wants to help me through it I'll happily give it a go.

Cheers.

If you can get to 33 then it would make it much easier to get through 34 depending on which boss it is. I think it is going to be Qodron after tomorrows re-set and that might be a tough carry. The following week should be possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thorn does blow up their stated goal of having weapon type relevancy at different ranges. Losing out to a Thorn in Twilight Gap against my scout rifle, from across the map is ludicrous. Needs a either an adjustment to its DOT (either decrease the per tick damage or make it to where you can't die from it) or an across the board nerf on HC range.

I think the range on Thorn needs to be reduced to 3/4 of its current range and the DOT to 5 instead of 7 per tick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think the range on Thorn needs to be reduced to 3/4 of its current range and the DOT to 5 instead of 7 per tick.

I'd go one further and increase bullet spread as well.

I'd go one further and increase bullet spread as well.

How can you increase bullet spread on a hand cannon that fires darts ? :)

Cheers.

Have you done the 32 this week and bought the armour off variks for the armour core ?

Its very easy this week in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My thought on the Thorn issue was to say well I can't beat them, so I joined them. Levelled my Thorn up to 365 and started using it over the weekend. It really is very good in PvP. It does take a bit of getting used to using a hand cannon in PvP.

Now I'm slightly torn over using The Last Word or Thorn. I love auto fire on TLW but the range on Thorn is (too) good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

While a Warlock I only use Thorn for the Handcannon kills bounty. Vex all the way after that. Though I'm determined to get used to TLW on my Hunter.

Edit: Thorn is also handy for the assist and postmortem bounties.

While a Warlock I only use Thorn for the Handcannon kills bounty. Vex all the way after that. Though I'm determined to get used to TLW on my Hunter.

Whatever they did to the way the Vex rounds spread since the last time the went messing around with it has made the gun and unreliable mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Whatever they did to the way the Vex rounds spread since the last time the went messing around with it has made the gun and unreliable mess.

Take that back.

Vex is still pretty good. I still get called a noob/scrub for using it. Granted it's not as good as it once was. Originally it was unreal - I don't know as I never used it before the first nerf.

My PvP Weapons would be
    Thorn, Red Death, Vex, Suros (RIP)
    A shotgun
    Gravity Deviant A / The Truth

Take that back.

200_s.gif

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Have you done the 32 this week and bought the armour off variks for the armour core ?

Its very easy this week in fairness.

Nope. Being honest I haven't really looked at what an armour core is or does.

I haven't really got my head around most of this DLC tbh.

Took me a while to even find Xur this week. I'd never been in that corner of the reef.

Bit of googling on my part required I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Nope. Being honest I haven't really looked at what an armour core is or does.

I haven't really got my head around most of this DLC tbh.

Took me a while to even find Xur this week. I'd never been in that corner of the reef.

Bit of googling on my part required I think

In all fairness... unlike in a raid, carrying someone under leveled on a PoE 35 it will be very hard, specially a 32 , and specially on the last fight...

Try the 28 and the 32 first, get a core that will bring you up to 33 at least and give you a chance to do the PoE 34, you can then wait for next week and buy the next piece of armor that should take you to 34

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Server is offline.

just kicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Atheon, hard, a sliver left... Servers offline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement