Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was having a great game of crucible over 3500 with 5000 to go and a full super :(

PS I love Space Magic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'm around Level 7 and looking for some Destiny lads who are still around playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'm around Level 7 and looking for some Destiny lads who are still around playing it?

What platform are you on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wabb

Ok so I'll be torn apart in level 34 or 35 as I'm a level 32.. And a half, don't forget the half lol.

But if some generous soul wants to help me through it I'll happily give it a go.

If you don't respawn though you'll be helping me a lot bear in mind.

Next time I'm on I'll put a request for help up on the ps chat thing.

Cheers.

I was a lvl 32.5 warlock and did it on lvl 32 with 2 friends, lvl 32.5 & lvl 34 titans, got the armour core for completing it and bought the gauntlets which brought me up to lvl 33 and then did it on lvl 34 and got the etheric light which brought me up to lvl 33.5

Also did it for the 1st time on lvl 28 with my titan and got the Gjallarhorn.... Happy Days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What platform are you on ?

PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    PS4

Follow the instructions in the first post to join the clan and get added to the PS4 chat. It is pretty active in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wow....

I think I've had enough if that's the attitude, what a bellend, he had the chance to handle that well and came across a right arrogant c0ck....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

His attitude is woeful in that interview, total knob. I don't care about emotes I'm not getting but I do care about exotic weapons and XP boosts (if I'm understanding it correctly). That'll leave a sour taste if it ends up being that way. And if there's lots more content in TTK then announce it now so folks feel a bit better about the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone any ideas if this update will be finished on time? Can't see any updates on it anywhere.

NEVERMIND- Back up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That chap does realise that there are some top notch games coming out at the same time as this expansion right? You know, full length games, with hours a fresh gameplay and content. $80 for dance moves ffs, get away with that mess.

Anyone up for VoG hard, have a checkpoint at the templar, starting around 10, need 2 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Wabb wrote: »
    Anyone up for VoG hard, have a checkpoint at the templar, starting around 10, need 2 more.

What console?

Ps4, starting in about half hour. Giving someone a hand finish poe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Wabb wrote: »
    Ps4, starting in about half hour. Giving someone a hand finish poe

I'm Xbox :( , actually I've a vog checkpoint on hard on the final boss (atheon) if anyone is interested?

Hococop wrote: »
    I'm Xbox :( , actually I've a vog checkpoint on hard on the final boss (atheon) if anyone is interested?

No prob, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I don't care about the extra stuff like emotes etc but I've learnt two thing from this announcement:

1) Don't piss off your core player base on an idea that extra content will lure in those who don't play your game yet. If they start moaning, conciliation is the way forward, not tough **** statements.

2) Never send an overweight, socially mal-adjusted nerd whose main skill is designing **** on computers to do your PR and media work. It will always end badly.

Reminds me of that interview with the MS dude when he was trying to plug always-online at e3 a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think it best if this guy moves on to another role, in another company. One of the most brain dead interviews in a while. Seriously that guy needs to be gotten rid of.

Plenty of other games to play Bungie, sure may just play Halo 5 instead or something :P. Did Bungie forget that there season pass is done, and they need to convince us to put more money down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

wes wrote: »
    I think it best if this guy moves on to another role, in another company. One of the most brain dead interviews in a while. Seriously that guy needs to be gotten rid of.

Plenty of other games to play Bungie, sure may just play Halo 5 instead or something :P. Did Bungie forget that there season pass is done, and they need to convince us to put more money down again.
    He designed vog. Definitely best if they keep him...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember Luke Smith during his time at 1up and especially on the 1up yours podcast. He was most memorable for giving out a stink about overpriced DLC from companies and went on a huge rant about the Elder Scrolls horse armour thing. How times have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nightfall has arc, solar and brawler on the cabal strike - valus ta'aurc or whatever he's called
    Weekly is angry and taniks.

variks is selling chest - int for titan, int for hunter, discipline for warlock and all fallen armour/melee buffs - and the shotgun is wolfborne oath (looks sh1te, what shotgun needs bonus dreg damage :/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nightfall has arc, solar and brawler on the cabal strike - valus ta'aurc or whatever he's called
    Weekly is angry and taniks.

Solar Valus..... jaysus.... see you all behind the boxes anyhow so
    variks is selling chest and shotgun - wolfborne oath (looks sh1te, what shotgun needs bonus dreg damage :/ )

Hoping he sells a Rocket Launcher with Dreg Tracking, Anti-Dreg Cluster Bombs and Dreg Burn.... I need to make damn certain with those crafty Dregs

Also that article has been updated with:
    UPDATE 23/6/15 9.00am: Bungie has responded to fan debate surrounding the exclusive perks found in The Taken King's Collector's Edition with word of "something better" for veteran Destiny players.

Bungie community manager David "Deej" Dague has said that fans should expect details this Thursday in the developer's weekly Destiny blog update.

"Year One players won't get the same perks as people who buy a collector's edition," he told Forbes. "They'll get something better. Tune into the Weekly Update for more."

In a longer response posted to Bungie's official forum, Deej explained that the studio was planning to talk about a way for existing players to be "honoured" - something that Luke Smith touched upon in Eurogamer's original interview below.

"The Collector's Edition is mostly sold out, so the people who found that stuff valuable jumped at the chance," Deej explained. "You'll likely see it sold on eBay for much more than what we're asking. But that's not the point. Right?

"The real conversation here is: What are we doing to honour you, the players who have been bound to Destiny in this first year of action and adventure? I'm glad you asked. I'm going to answer in the Bungie Weekly Update.

"Please stay tuned."

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

still can't pre-order the bloody thing on the store anyway. grrr

Paging Andrew76 :pac:

Watching my wife play makes me realize why some people hate Destiny.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3aqzrr/watching_my_wife_play_makes_me_realize_why_some/
    Her: "So I beat the Black Garden. What do I do now?"

Me: "Well, go to Eris. She has DLC missions for you."

A few minutes later...

Her: "It says that I need better gear."

Me: "Oh... you're only level 20... to level up more you need purple armor."

Her: "Okay, where do I get it?"

Me: "The Tower... but... you don't have enough marks to get anything yet."

Her: "What's the best way to get marks?"

Me: "Play strikes... and do public events in patrol."

Her: "Okay."

The next day...

Her: "I played strikes all night, and I have about 40 now."

Me: "Ooh... that's not enough... You need at least 75... for just one piece."

Her: "One piece? But I played all night!"

Me: "Yeah, but Viper Strikes only give you two marks."

Her: "The next one up was too hard though."

Me: "Well once you get your first piece of Vanguard armor, you can do the Wolf Strikes... those get you three marks. Then you can buy another piece of armor and start doing Tiger Strikes."

Her: "So.... I just do this stuff over and over?"

Me: "Yeah."

Her: "I just want to play the next mission."

Me: "Oh... well... it kinda sucks anyway."

still can't pre-order the bloody thing on the store anyway. grrr

Pre-ordering would be the LAST thing I'd be doing right now.

Why would you need to pre-order something digital? Not like it's going to sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Cormac, I do not have a rational explaination of why i want to pre-order it now. but for some reason i do :)

Apparently you can totally burn Valus down with 11 Gjhallahorn rounds people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »

If you have one!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If you have one!

Well I'm assuming like 1 person in your fireteam of 3 will have 1.

Anyhow, the world can always use more medics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »

very easy nf this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement