Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

very easy nf this week.

Did you.... wait for it...runaway with it this week?
    I'll get my coat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Big thanks to Optimus for helping me get through the HoW story quests last night, pain in the neck they were becoming on my own.

I'm 4 points of light away from lvl 32 now (have 140). Am I correct in saying it's 12 light per level to 33 (156) and 34 (168)?

So when I get my hands on the vanguard helm I'll jump an extra 10 light and hit lvl 32, hopefully be able to tackle PoE 28 then 32 and get the chest from Variks which should bump me another 6 points making it exactly 156 light and lvl 33. I think. Picked up a nice little side arm last night (Vestian Dynasty) and have 3 treasure keys now too. Happy days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Big thanks to Optimus for helping me get through the HoW story quests last night, pain in the neck they were becoming on my own.

I'm 4 points of light away from lvl 32 now (have 140). Am I correct in saying it's 12 light per level to 33 (156) and 34 (168)?

So when I get my hands on the vanguard helm I'll jump an extra 10 light and hit lvl 32, hopefully be able to tackle PoE 28 then 32 and get the chest from Variks which should bump me another 6 points making it exactly 156 light and lvl 33. I think. Picked up a nice little side arm last night (Vestian Dynasty) and have 3 treasure keys now too. Happy days. :D

Yup:
    21 (21 Light)
    22 (32 Light)
    23 (43 Light)
    24 (54 Light)
    25 (65 Light)
    26 (76 Light)
    27 (87 Light)
    28 (98 Light)
    29 (109 Light)
    30 (120 Light)
    31 (132 Light)
    32 (144 Light)
    33 (156 Light)
    34 (168 Light)

I'll bring you through the Nightfall tonight (after that you'll have 25% Bonus XP for the Week)
    Then the Weekly strike (for Marks and Strange coins)
    PoE 28 (Marks and it's a requirement), in fact if you have 3 keys, we can run this a few times (I need to Kill the Cabal Mini-Boss for Grimore anyway)
    Also that's 4 Exotic Weapon and Armour chances in one day

After that you should be a considerable way towards having the required Marks to get the Vanguard Helm to hit Lvl 32
    And then you can do the PoE 32 and get the Armour Core to buy the chest piece to bring you to Lvl 33

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yup:

I'll bring you through the Nightfall tonight (after that you'll have 25% Bonus XP for the Week)
    Then the Weekly strike (for Marks and Strange coins)
    PoE 28 (Marks and it's a requirement), in fact if you have 3 keys, we can run this a few times (I need to Kill the Cabal Mini-Boss for Grimore anyway)
    Also that's 4 Exotic Weapon and Armour chances in one day

After that you should be a considerable way towards having the required Marks to get the Vanguard Helm to hit Lvl 32
    And then you can do the PoE 32 and get the Armour Core to buy the chest piece to bring you to Lvl 33

That would be great thanks. Yeah I had the calculator out, I have 46 marks atm so need another 64 for the helm which was going to be 13 strikes for me. So anything that can help that along would be great. Prob won't get online til around 10 though.

Was doing a bit of reading up on PoE and can see the different levels give different rewards - no cores at 28, armour at 32 and weapon at 34 etc. Are those rewards on top of what you can get from the 3 chests?

Also, is there any difference between PoE lvls in the gear you get from the large chest that requires a key? Is it all random or would lvl32 give better items than 28 etc? I'm just wondering should I use my keys in lvl32 rather 28 PoE? Not sure if that makes sense since I've not set foot inside the place yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The daily is 20 marks sometimes

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    The daily is 20 marks sometimes

Good point! Got that once before actually which helped a lot. Cheers.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That would be great thanks. Yeah I had the calculator out, I have 46 marks atm so need another 64 for the helm which was going to be 13 strikes for me. So anything that can help that along would be great. Prob won't get online til around 10 though.

10s grand, should get about 25 marks for all that anyway
    Was doing a bit of reading up on PoE and can see the different levels give different rewards - no cores at 28, armour at 32 and weapon at 34 etc. Are those rewards on top of what you can get from the 3 chests?

Yes
    Also, is there any difference between PoE lvls in the gear you get from the large chest that requires a key? Is it all random or would lvl32 give better items than 28 etc? I'm just wondering should I use my keys in lvl32 rather 28 PoE? Not sure if that makes sense since I've not set foot inside the place yet. :)

28=32=34=35 regarding the Keys AFAIK.

Use up your 3 keys on the 28 ones, no need to hang onto them, you'll get some weapons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

When is the taken king available for purchase?

Just on the back of some the stuff being discussed here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057451036&page=3

I created a New Sub-Forum request here (since the other one was 9 months old):
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057451164

Feel free to have you say there with your +1s or -1s
    I'm kind of on the fence right now so would be interested to see what people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't think one is needed tbh, thread works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Sometimes I do think it would be way better to have a sub forum. A lot of the time discussion on different subjects blend into each other, and it's difficult to find things in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sometimes I do think it would be way better to have a sub forum. A lot of the time discussion on different subjects blend into each other, and it's difficult to find things in here.

I reckon instead of one relatively active thread, you'd end up with a load of threads with 2 replies, and a lot of links to reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I reckon instead of one relatively active thread, you'd end up with a load of threads with 2 replies, and a lot of links to reddit.

Yeah, agreed. It would split the Xbox and PS community too as we would probably create our own sub threads. I don't mind reading about your escapades here, even though I'm quietly thinking "take your Hawkmoon/Monte Carlo/4th Horseman and get the **** out of here!!" :pac:

It's a testament to us all that 14k posts later there has been little or no console fanboyism.

I'm really easy about the whole Sub-forum thing, either way seems grand to me, kind of like having the one thread.

But if there was a Sub-Forum, it would be best ran if it was kept to like a handful of threads.

Maybe one for Xur, Hints & Tips, Crucible Vids.... etc.... just keep it tight... not have a thread about every G-Horn drop or clickbait thread title rubbish... like real high level stuff and then back to general chat for the day to day stuff

But if any of you do want to give a definite yes or no or even discuss further, perhaps use the proper thread cause thats what it's for
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057451164

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think that the thread should be bundled into the Halo forum, seems pretty dead of late - and that forum renamed to "Bungie/Halo/Destiny" possibly, mind you that sounds a bit big and longwinded doesn't it - have we a FPS forum?

It could be a sub of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Or just the Bungie forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Got another Dragon's Breath tonight in the Nightfall. Pretty sure I got one last week too. Still its a steady supply of Exotic Shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

I've been away for the last month and looking to get back in to Destiny. Is there a new Chat thread on PSN that I could get in on?
    Have to get my 32s to 34s...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

As much as I'm not a fan of the more recent Kotaku output, this article nails a lot of the frustrations I have with the Activision / Bungie business model :

http://kotaku.com/why-destiny-players-feel-screwed-over-1713417685

I love the game, I always loved the Bungie lads games since Halo CE, I knew getting into bed with Activision was gonna be hard on the pocket, but not this hard on the pocket!

I would gladly have paid another 60 quid at launch for every bit of DLC included - as I did with the badly-broken-at-launch-BF4, which is now one of the most solid shooters on PS4.

I (stupidly) didn't read the small print that a season pass only covered me for a "season" of Destiny, I have myself to blame, but I'm holding out buying this DLC unless something is done to reflect currency differences and day one player differences - not even a Jellyhorn would cover it for me.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Destiny thinks I am not connected to live, anyone else seeig this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Destiny thinks I am not connected to live, anyone else seeig this?

Been grand here for me all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Still no Hawkmoon, feck yer Dragon's Breath and Crest of Alpha Lupi

Another bit of progress last night, hit lvl32 and only 6 points off 33. Got Red Hand IX from my first ever legendary engram which was cool. Got to try PoE which was decent fun even if I did almost kill myself on the way into the treasure room! :pac: Grateful as always for the help.
    Patience and Time sniper rifle also looks class. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Thanks to emmett for the invite last night, apologies on not joining, get 'em next time though. Anybody pull any decent drops off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Thanks to emmett for the invite last night, apologies on not joining, get 'em next time though. Anybody pull any decent drops off it?

Steve got an Abyss Defient but that was the only one anybody got that they needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wabb

Anyone up for a Crota run tonight on normal/hard on Ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Wabb wrote: »
    Anyone up for a Crota run tonight on normal/hard on Ps4?

I am like ALWAYS up for a good old Crota. I'll do normal with you - i could do with a second black hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wabb

I am like ALWAYS up for a good old Crota. I'll do normal with you - i could do with a second black hammer.

Cool, got my 1st 2 weeks ago, I need radiant shards to rank up my armour and wouldn't mind getting a Hunger of Crota or Fang of Ir Yut...

If we can get enough, just post what time suits and if we can get a swordbearer, I'll be on from 8 to 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Could do with 1 myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I'll bear the sword. with Varik we are 3, I can get one more ( the baroness as Cormac suspect I am calling her ahahah ;) ) ... so that's enough to go through. let's say 8:30 ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement