Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'll bear the sword. with Varik we are 3, I can get one more ( the baroness as Cormac suspect I am calling her ahahah ;) ) ... so that's enough to go through. let's say 8:30 ?

It's been ages since I have done CE, so I'll join if there's space.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

go on :) you're in

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

go on :) you're in

GooseonStilts will join if you need another gun.

cool lads - i count you in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wabb

I'll bear the sword. with Varik we are 3, I can get one more ( the baroness as Cormac suspect I am calling her ahahah ;) ) ... so that's enough to go through. let's say 8:30 ?

I'll start setting up fireteam and chatroom at 8:30, is Ye're psn's the same as you're user names here, or if ye want, add me as friend at it'll speed up the process

Psn is Wabb

• Advertisement

I'm gtroni, nelevator is... Nelevator :) the GooseonStilts, roni-pie.

not sure about Varik ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm gtroni, nelevator is... Nelevator :) the GooseonStilts, roni-pie.

not sure about Varik ?

Varik is Dreadaxe on psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone else order the Destiny Nepal t-shirt? Anyone heard anything on it, i've my order confirmation but nothing since then.

Hey Mitch,

I did order one and it was shipped a while back (11th of June ) - but to a US address, so maybe that's why it was sent earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Look at all the Subtle-Bragging ya big charitable people!

(I also ordered the T-shirt but I'm using super hard to read text cause that's just the kind of noble soul I am)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The latest news about a quest in The Taken King being exclusive to those who buy a Red Bull drink sounds awful. Coming on the back of the bad press this week it really has been a terrible week for Bungie.

The thing I'd like to know is how that affects us here outside of the North American region.

The latest news about a quest in The Taken King being exclusive to those who buy a Red Bull drink sounds awful. Coming on the back of the bad press this week it really has been a terrible week for Bungie.

The thing I'd like to know is how that affects us here outside of the North American region.
    We probably won't get access to that quest until the exclusivity period expires at the end of December.

I actually had to re-read that....
    RED BULL EXCLUSIVE QUEST :pac:
    Oh my stars.... what are they at at all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wonder will we see a rake of RedBull Destiny cans appearing on ebay... :rolleyes:

I hope there is zero mention of Redbull in game - that would be rubbish altogether.

Sigh. Another 1 hour of downtime this week from 6pm. Couldn't they have done this on Monday while it was down for over 5 hours?

There's this at least.... though not sure just how much I'll need to Up my Swag to participate, hmmmm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-24-destiny-extra-content-for-all-platforms-when-sony-timed-exclusives-launch-on-xbox
    The previously Sony-exclusive strikes will be available this autumn on Xbox," Smith said. "But we're not just re-issuing them. We're [also] refreshing them completely with the Taken.

"We want you to experience The Undying Mind completely as it was with the Vex, and also in a Taken-ified version. We wanted to make it feel like more than last year's model."

PlayStation fans will have the option of new, tougher versions of the previously-exclusive strikes, while Xbox fans will get to play the old model and the new model.

Also, some leaked details of the new Factions Vendor to go with the River Island Vendor

vanguard_burgermaster.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wonder will we see a rake of RedBull Destiny cans appearing on ebay... :rolleyes:

I hope there is zero mention of Redbull in game - that would be rubbish altogether.

Don't you know that is how Angel of Light works. Sunsingers always carry a few cans :pac:

Destiny Cops Episode 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wabb

Hopefully they'll bring out one for those who drink Bulmers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That theme song is the best thing I've heard in a while. Did they get Strongbad to voice it?

• Advertisement

Maintenance extended by 1 hour. Really taking the piss now after Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Did they say what the maintenance was for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Wabb wrote: »
    Anyone up for a Crota run tonight on normal/hard on Ps4?

Yes. Yes i am.

Just started my third character. I decided to go with a Hunter. I already have two Warlocks and it was easy to get the 2nd to 34 as I had plenty of spare armour from my 1st Warlock.

I fear a bit of a grind getting armour for a Hunter.

I actually just jumped in Control at level 2. You get killed quite easily as you'd expect at this level. Still managed to capture the most control points though.

Any tips for levelling up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Only tip I would give for fastest possible levelling is don't ignore thr crucible bounties. Do all story missions and bounties available and it should take 5-6 hours to get to 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13090

So you can purchase the digital content for the CE for $20/€20.
    Seems a bit steep for purely cosmetic items, and this on top of $40/€40 for TTK.

Also looks like Year 1 players are getting some more goodies, as well as the exclusive shader/emblem/sparrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The price seems very steep alright. Won't be paying a single penny for such nonsense.

They got me with the season pass last time, and still waiting to see if the Taken Kings content is substantial enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

wes wrote: »
    The price seems very steep alright. Won't be paying a single penny for such nonsense.

They got me with the season pass last time, and still waiting to see if the Taken Kings content is substantial enough.

Yeah, Destiny's turning into a money pit alright, guess we can thank Activision for that. Microtransactions will probably be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Microtransactions will probably be next.

P1: I see you finally have Gjallarhorn. Vog? PoE? Nightfall? CE?.

P2: Nah man got it from a weapon engram pack I got from PS Store.

P1: They're €10 a pop.

P2. Tell me about it. Had to buy 6 before I got what wanted.

david-caruso-horatio-cain.jpg

NB: Scenario took place in Imaginationland.

• Advertisement

I think that Bungie weekly update is nearly as bad as that interview Luke Smith gave. They make it sound like they are doing us a favour by allowing us to buy some comsmetic items for €20.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement