Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

as much as I've spent (and will in the future) Destiny remains the best value for money game , I've ever had, by quite some distance. € / hours played.

The thought of being able to purchase random weapon pax for €10 fills me with dread. Waking up with a hangover, 4 ghjallahorns and a maxed out credit card would be a serious risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I think that Bungie weekly update is nearly as bad as that interview Luke Smith gave. They make it sound like they are doing us a favour by allowing us to buy some comsmetic items for €20.

Bungie looks for more hard earned cash from us, but it's ok, Luke Smith apologises for his "Asshat" behaviour. The balance of the universe is restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

only way I could see (and accept) micro transactions is for the purchase of materials, and an experience buff (similar to nightfall). I hope they never introduce microtransactions at all, really, but certainly not for weapons and armour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure I read that update correctly. So for those of us who already have Destiny + the expansions and are just planning on buying TTK for €40, they are going to offer us the Collectors Edition digital bits we miss out on for an extra €20? How is that any kind of bonus? Here you can have the extra bits once you pay the same price as the collectors edition (which mostly contains what you already own)... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure I read that update correctly. So for those of us who already have Destiny + the expansions and are just planning on buying TTK for €40, they are going to offer us the Collectors Edition digital bits we miss out on for an extra €20? How is that any kind of bonus? Here you can have the extra bits once you pay the same price as the collectors edition (which mostly contains what you already own)... :confused:
    In fairness - if you looked at Reddit, for example - you would have seen loads saying they would pay for these items/emotes, just that they didn't want to have to rebuy stuff they owned to get them. Personally I think it should be half the price, at max, but the community did seem generally clear they would pay for it.

• Advertisement

In fairness - if you looked at Reddit, for example - you would have seen loads saying they would pay for these items/emotes, just that they didn't want to have to rebuy stuff they owned to get them. Personally I think it should be half the price, at max, but the community did seem generally clear they would pay for it.

That is their choice of course, I won't be buying them anyway. The difference in price between collectors and digital should be Destiny + the two DLC's, not some digital extras on top, imo anyway.

Anyway, if any PS4 players fancy a run of PoE lvl32 later tonight that would be great - not impressed none of yee were about after 2am last night! :pac: Will be away from the game for a week from Saturday so need to get that armour core and Variks chest piece.

Is the most expensive thing Xur sells 23 strange coins? I've 19 atm so hopefully he has something tasty tomorrow. :)

/Edit: Or if I can help anyone with anything just throw me a message in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Is the most expensive thing Xur sells 23 strange coins? I've 19 atm so hopefully he has something tasty tomorrow. :)

I think that's about right - primary weapons are 23 coins IIRC.
    Have you done the weekly, that will give you up to 9 SC?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I was hoping they'd announce a collectors edition that just has the expansion and the physical stuff, instead of just buying the digital stuff for €20

nothnx.jpg

Though it will be amusing to see if people will make having those emotes or whatever a requirement for joining their raids/poe/trials groups. People do like to set dumb requirements :/

nevelator wrote: »
    I think that's about right - primary weapons are 23 coins IIRC.
    Have you done the weekly, that will give you up to 9 SC?

Yeah did the weekly with Cormac a few days ago. Ah was just curious what the max coins for a single item is, sure he might be selling rubbish and I'll hold onto them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Yeah did the weekly with Cormac a few days ago. Ah was just curious what the max coins for a single item is, sure he might be selling rubbish and I'll hold onto them. :)

If that few days ago is before the current Tuesday it has reset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If that few days ago is before the current Tuesday it has reset.

Twas after the reset, but it was the level 30 weekly I think he did, could do the weekly again at 32 and get the extra 3 strange coins. Also don't forget the 4 Mars Golden chests.

People wanted the option to buy or have the CE In-Game exclusive stuff, and they got it, at a bad price point to be fair.
    I guess if you want the stuff you'll pay for it, if not, you won't.
    It's the way things are nowadays really unfortunately :(
    €20 is nonsense

And FairPlay to Bungie/Luke Smith for issuing an apology, they could have avoided that if they wanted to, at least they're up front like.

Also this is kind of cool imho
    For those looking for a little more context about Emotes and Class Items in The Taken King, we will be introducing new Class Items with stat attributes. These will provide players with another gear slot that can contribute to both your Guardian’s look and build preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Twas after the reset, but it was the level 30 weekly I think he did, could do the weekly again at 32 and get the extra 3 strange coins. Also don't forget the 4 Mars Golden chests.

People wanted the option to buy or have the CE In-Game exclusive stuff, and they got it, at a bad price point to be fair.
    I guess if you want the stuff you'll pay for it, if not, you won't.
    It's the way things are nowadays really unfortunately :(
    €20 is nonsense

And FairPlay to Bungie/Luke Smith for issuing an apology, they could have avoided that if they wanted to, at least they're up front like
    I agree that for what you get €20 is nonsense, but at the same time also fair as it is the same amount as the price difference between the standard and CE versions of Taken King.

I won't be parting with my money for it anyway. Wonder what will be said in the second weekly update later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Yeah, Destiny's turning into a money pit alright, guess we can thank Activision for that. Microtransactions will probably be next.

If they pulled that, I am gone. Won't put up with micro transactions for a game I have paid full price for.

The 20 euro charge for some cosmetic items is truly absurd, and imho Bungie made the deal with Activision knowing full well what they were like, and are as much to blame.

Its a bizarre world, where Bungie were simply better off a part of Microsoft.

only way I could see (and accept) micro transactions is for the purchase of materials, and an experience buff (similar to nightfall). I hope they never introduce microtransactions at all, really, but certainly not for weapons and armour.

If they want micro transactions, then the base game, expansions etc shouldn't cost anything. Nothing worse than micro transactions in a full priced game. If they want micro transactions, then the taken king etc shouldn't cost anything imho.

Seen this posted to the gaming humour thread last night

11141369_594797790663271_6574174429778538949_n.jpg?oh=40cc76fbc7a5c65dbd45236e6bca03c7&oe=561DD093

Serves Bungie right to be ridiculed over the Red Bull deal.

:pac:
    "Shake it off"
    To the tune of "shake it off" by Taylor Swift.

I stay up too late.
    Got bounties on my brain.
    That's what people say mhm
    That's what people say mhm.

I go on too many raids.
    Today will be be day
    At least that's what people say mhm
    That's what people say mhm.

But I keep waiting.
    Maybe I'm debating.
    It's like I got this music
    In my mind saying "you'll get Vex this time".

Cuz the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Icebreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break.
    No Vex but I'll just shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    Shake it off, shake it off

Fatebringer's gonna drop, drop, drop, drop, drop
    Gonna put my dps on top, top, top
    Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    Shake it off, shake it off.

Shake it off, shake it off. I, I, I shake it off, shake it off
    I, I, I shake it off, shake it off

I never miss a strike
    I'm playing through the night
    And that's what they don't see mhm
    That's what they don't see mhm

I'm using beetles on my arm (that's my Kehpri's Sting)
    Got my Gatekeeper on farm (glitter, yeah, bling bling)
    That's my raid alarm mhm
    That's my raid alarm mhm

Hey, hey, hey
    Just think while you've been getting down about the Trials
    And all the dirty, dirty cheats of the game
    You could've been getting down to this sick beat

My ex-flame doesn't like this game
    She's like "oh my god you need to take me out"
    And to the other awesome player with that ****ing sweet shader
    Won't you come on over baby, we can raid, raid, raid

Yeah ooh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

:pac:

There aren't enough thanks buttons for this!!

http://wastedondestiny.com/
    Playstation
    weseirek
    2 weeks 20 hours 38 minutes 38 seconds

:eek:

wes wrote: »

Pfff amateur.

4 weeks 5 days 19 hours 4 minutes 16 seconds :D

To be fair having 3 characters makes a big difference (like double the time spent)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You are all a bunch of noobs :pac:

Cvv19RgwJRgup-oDJu6J7MEW0rICoDayLGxaOocgqxRO=w1164-h176-no

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

atsbury1

6 weeks 2 days 17 hours 21 minutes 36 seconds

On a lighter note that was an extremely rusty VoG last night.

Hoch: I'll get the 1st Relic this time.

(Hoch gets the Relic)

Me: Right, going to the centre to take care of the Minotaurs.

(Simultaneously)

Hoch: Oh no Sh!t I've fallen off the edge again. Adds got in my way.

Me: Dead again, sniped in the back again. Who keeps doing that?

Generic: That's it where's my Gjallarhorn? I'm melting everything.

Lest we forget a dead Generic giving directions to a blinded YoungTobes to get back through the Mars Portal.

Bohrio wrote: »

Who are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Who are you?

He likes Destiny :D

3 weeks 2 days 8 hours 37 minutes 57 seconds

Thought I had played more than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Bohrio wrote: »

I'll be honest, I looked you up before I looked myself up!

Last Night was either an advertisement for or against Drunken Raiding (on an empty stomach) depending on how you look at it.

That was some real B-Grade sh!t€ talking I had going on :pac:

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I'm still claiming the credit for Shotgunning the Gatekeeper, Ogre, Ir Yut and more :D

• Advertisement

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I'm still claiming the credit for Shotgunning the Gatekeeper, Ogre, Ir Yut and more :D

Myself and whoever was doing Titan bubble got 5 ghorn rockets into Ir Yut before you got within an asses roar of her last night.

Be a little less modest with your solo exploits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement