Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cormac... wrote: »
    He has nothing for me..... unless you could the whole collecting Exotic Armour thing I'm doing now for the sake of it :pac:

I will be rolling those engrams looking for the Celestial Nighthawk and Ram. Will probably get the Titan boots, not that I can see myself really using them. Seems like a high stat roll for boots aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Amongst all the negativity about TTK pricing and stuff, I thought it prudent to repost this to show the bits that are worth €40 to me.

The 1st time beating a Raid in a group. I still remember the groups I beat both Atheon and Crota for the 1st times with :)

You can usually get Atheon in 2 runs nowadays but way back when it would take like 4 or 5 runs and it was such a big deal to finally kill him

You can solo Crota Hard mode now, but beating him on Normal mode for the 1st time back in the day was class

Everyones so salty and jaded (particularly on Reddit) but the 6-Player Raid itself (if it's anything like the VoG since they have the same designer) is worth €40 to me just to complete it that first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I mainly use a full auto and only recently got the nl shadow but have yet to use it. Is red death worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I mainly use a full auto and only recently got the nl shadow but have yet to use it. Is red death worth buying?

YES
    couldn't get the font bigger or bolder

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I feel a lot better now after seeing your lots stats:
    Screen%20Shot%202015-06-26%20at%2012.11.27_zpsz2dt2sdn.png

• Advertisement

I couldn't access the wastedondestiny app in work. Checked it at home and have almost 7 1/2 weeks on the PSN. Most from a quick check on my friends list was 9 weeks 5 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

gimli2112 wrote: »
    YES
    couldn't get the font bigger or bolder

Think I'll spend my coins on that so. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Think I'll spend my coins on that so. :)

Ah yea, it used to be good and then they made it better. Very good for PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Anyone else use fusion rifles in PVP? seems like I'm the only one these days. I mostly use Plan C for the quick swap perk but I was thinking of switching it up though to free up an exotic slot for Gjallarhorn, Thorn or Red Death.

Anyone recommend another fusion rifle? I was thinking maybe the GIVE/Take Equation and rerolling it till I get:

Hidden Hand
    Accelerated Coils or Hand-laid Stock
    Rangefinder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah yea, it used to be good and then they made it better. Very good for PvP.

A question about armour. I decided to spend some motes on the Helmet Engram and got some Arachnid yoke. It's Light stat says +36/42 - how do you get it to 42? Is it just by upgrading it as normal also increases the stats?

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    A question about armour. I decided to spend some mots on the Helment Engram and got some Arachnid yoke. It's Light stat says +36/42 - how do you get it to 42? Is it just by upgrading it as normal also increases the stats?

Yeah you upgrade it as normal and when you get to the end the last upgrade requires an exotic shard. Be careful with that one though it gives you a telescopic zoom on your golden gun. First time I used it I thought I was having a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Amongst all the negativity about TTK pricing and stuff, I thought it prudent to repost this to show the bits that are worth €40 to me.

The 1st time beating a Raid in a group. I still remember the groups I beat both Atheon and Crota for the 1st times with :)

You can usually get Atheon in 2 runs nowadays but way back when it would take like 4 or 5 runs and it was such a big deal to finally kill him

You can solo Crota Hard mode now, but beating him on Normal mode for the 1st time back in the day was class

Everyones so salty and jaded (particularly on Reddit) but the 6-Player Raid itself (if it's anything like the VoG since they have the same designer) is worth €40 to me just to complete it that first time :)

You can kill Atheon in one teleport now by blasting him with Galleys or have everyone use black hammers to crit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Posted my first video - it was on my HDD since the last Iron Banner ...

more luck than skills, but one of those good times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

353264.png

Xbox One Guardian here.

Have completed 83 raids across my 3 characters (NM & HM, Atheon & Crota, from destinystatus), and guess what, still no Gally, and never got the Crux from Crota. :(

I used to be somewhat of a lurker on the reddit, but that's become so toxic now it's better to stay away for a while. Said i might as well introduce myself here as there seems to be a good bunch of lads still playing and enjoying the game.

I can never understand the people who rage at people for not completing everything first go, or the 'this usually doesn't take this long' brigade, after your second wipe. You play video games for entertainment, if you've stopped having fun, then walk away from the game ffs. Wailing on your fireteam is counter-productive at the very least, as usually someone who's struggling (Raid Virgins, or Under-leveled guardians) will feel even more pressure on them at this point.

Some of the biggest laughs i've had on destiny is when people **** up at worst possible times. eg

HM crota as L32s, just about to leave crystal room, one of my buddies declares he's low on health

'Your a Warlock, Yeah?'
    'Yep'
    'Do you have Radiance?'
    'Yeah'
    'Well just blow yourself up with a rocket launcher then...'
    Warlock activates radiance then blows himself up with rocket launcher...
    Cue 6 guardians laughing uncontrollably for 10 minutes.

or something i did myself.
    Got back to crystal room after taking down the ogres on Crota HM. Hunter says he needs orbs, i'm a titan and i can see 8-9 orbs around, and no-one else has supers up..

Me - 'I can make orbs. i saw this today on t'internet, if you put Ward of Dawn up here so most of it is outside, when Crota shoots it i can make more orbs.
    Hunter - 'Excellent, go for it.

I stand in position facing Crota in the crystal room touching the glass, but instead of activating my ward of dawn, i throw a magnetic grenade which promptly drops at my feet and explodes me to bits.

'Crota has summoned his Oversoul"

Me- 'Amm, Sorry Guys'

Everyone Else - 'AAAHHAAAAHHHAHAHHAAA'

I've had plenty of experiences with LFG sites too, some good some bad so why not introduce myself here and see where we go. So here it is.

I'm stevoslice, and i'm an addict.

Hello,

Unfortunately all our "Steve" positions are filled.
    Can we interest you in a position as "Bill"?
    stevoslice wrote: »
    I can never understand the people who rage at people for not completing everything first go, or the 'this usually doesn't take this long' brigade, after your second wipe.

This is why I CNBF with LFG people, particularly Americans.

Played with some American lads with Cal the other night..... and God it was painful....

And that's coming from me, I'm pretty f**king painful like.

Bill, no, how about Luke... or Smithy...

Is you the GenericDreadHead from reddit? or is that not ok to ask?

Yes that's me on Reddit alright!

I like Smithy, but ONLY if people say it in an over cheerful way like:

I've been taking lessons at Solvables School of Memes.

B3pDMQm.jpg?1

I can never understand the people who rage at people for not completing everything first go, or the 'this usually doesn't take this long' brigade, after your second wipe.

I concur. I'm currently at war with my guys over this. Was playing Scolaris for the first time last weekend and there was some disquiet. The fact that the guy giving out had taken two full weekends before they completed with our three best players was apparently lost on everyone. I had been drinking quite heavily and needless to say it didn't end well - haven't been back since. :D

I had been drinking quite heavily and needless to say it didn't end well - haven't been back since. :D

I haven't even entered Skolas cause of this..... f**king dry $hit€s, I'd rather mess about in Control or do some Shotgunning in NM CE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I've added you there, guve me a shout if you see me on and need cannon fodder for anything.

• Advertisement

Lol, replace sword with relic and its spot on.
    Although as i'm slowly on my way down its usually

'AAAH FECKIN WARLOCK JUMP'

Ha.

Dramatik wrote: »
    Anyone else use fusion rifles in PVP? seems like I'm the only one these days. I mostly use Plan C for the quick swap perk but I was thinking of switching it up though to free up an exotic slot for Gjallarhorn, Thorn or Red Death.

Anyone recommend another fusion rifle? I was thinking maybe the GIVE/Take Equation and rerolling it till I get:

Hidden Hand
    Accelerated Coils or Hand-laid Stock
    Rangefinder

I think the answer to your question is "Shotguns"

Haven't used them in a long time in PvP. If I was I'd probably have to go with the heavy hitting slow firing ones like The Tolley Problem or Plug. The Pocket Infinity used to be terrifying but they nerfed it buffed it nerfed it again so I'm not sure what it's like now. The Crota one is awesome in PvE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Yes. Red death. Finally have a useful exotic primary. Hopefully he brings the last word next week and that's all I'll need that has one up in rotation.

Missed the red death last time out and have missed the last word twice.

Anyone used the fulcrum hand cannon.
    Is it worth levelling up considering I only have ill will and devil you don't as alternatives.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Yes. Red death. Finally have a useful exotic primary. Hopefully he brings the last word next week and that's all I'll need that has one up in rotation.

Missed the red death last time out and have missed the last word twice.

Anyone used the fulcrum hand cannon.
    Is it worth levelling up considering I only have ill will and devil you don't as alternatives.

You can reroll Ill Will for luck in the chamber, final round and braced frame (reduced mag size, increased stability).
    this gives you 5 in the mag with 2 rounds having extra damage.
    I have ill will with final round, braced frame and hip fire and its actually very decent.

I just realised we're due an Iron Banner in like 11 days time. Last one started on June 2nd. Huzzah!

I'm looking forward to the stealing people from fire-teams moments that are becoming so frequent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A free to play shooters now taking the pi$$ out of Bungie:

Warframe Adds Three New Emotes for £0.00

The whole debacle is worth for the various digs at Bungie other devs are having. Its a good laugh, and a great way to high light how ridiculous Bungie are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

353264.png

Xbox One Guardian here.

Have completed 83 raids across my 3 characters (NM & HM, Atheon & Crota, from destinystatus), and guess what, still no Gally, and never got the Crux from Crota. :(

I used to be somewhat of a lurker on the reddit, but that's become so toxic now it's better to stay away for a while. Said i might as well introduce myself here as there seems to be a good bunch of lads still playing and enjoying the game.

I can never understand the people who rage at people for not completing everything first go, or the 'this usually doesn't take this long' brigade, after your second wipe. You play video games for entertainment, if you've stopped having fun, then walk away from the game ffs. Wailing on your fireteam is counter-productive at the very least, as usually someone who's struggling (Raid Virgins, or Under-leveled guardians) will feel even more pressure on them at this point.

Some of the biggest laughs i've had on destiny is when people **** up at worst possible times. eg

HM crota as L32s, just about to leave crystal room, one of my buddies declares he's low on health

'Your a Warlock, Yeah?'
    'Yep'
    'Do you have Radiance?'
    'Yeah'
    'Well just blow yourself up with a rocket launcher then...'
    Warlock activates radiance then blows himself up with rocket launcher...
    Cue 6 guardians laughing uncontrollably for 10 minutes.

or something i did myself.
    Got back to crystal room after taking down the ogres on Crota HM. Hunter says he needs orbs, i'm a titan and i can see 8-9 orbs around, and no-one else has supers up..

Me - 'I can make orbs. i saw this today on t'internet, if you put Ward of Dawn up here so most of it is outside, when Crota shoots it i can make more orbs.
    Hunter - 'Excellent, go for it.

I stand in position facing Crota in the crystal room touching the glass, but instead of activating my ward of dawn, i throw a magnetic grenade which promptly drops at my feet and explodes me to bits.

'Crota has summoned his Oversoul"

Me- 'Amm, Sorry Guys'

Everyone Else - 'AAAHHAAAAHHHAHAHHAAA'

I've had plenty of experiences with LFG sites too, some good some bad so why not introduce myself here and see where we go. So here it is.

I'm stevoslice, and i'm an addict.

Have you joined the clan ? I'll add you shortly. My GT is TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

What the hell?? Another Xbox One Guardian called Steve who uses Fry as an avatar here. Well I never!

Are you part of the boards.ie clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

It's worse than I thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Having seen all the numbers for wasted on destiny so far, I have come to the conclusion, that I am filthy casual :D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement