Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wes wrote: »
    Having seen all the numbers for wasted on destiny so far, I have come to the conclusion, that I am filthy casual :D.

Someone has to guard the Gorgons chest though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

What the hell?? Another Xbox One Guardian called Steve who uses Fry as an avatar here. Well I never!

Are you part of the boards.ie clan?

Nope on my to do list, still at work. Oops no scratch that, i would never look up destiny stuff at work.

:looks left, looks right:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I just realised we're due an Iron Banner in like 11 days time. Last one started on June 2nd. Huzzah!

I'm looking forward to the stealing people from fire-teams moments that are becoming so frequent :pac:

Like Benedict "AbusesToilets" Arnold,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

stevoslice wrote: »
    353264.png

Xbox One Guardian here.

Have completed 83 raids across my 3 characters (NM & HM, Atheon & Crota, from destinystatus), and guess what, still no Gally, and never got the Crux from Crota. :(

I used to be somewhat of a lurker on the reddit, but that's become so toxic now it's better to stay away for a while. Said i might as well introduce myself here as there seems to be a good bunch of lads still playing and enjoying the game.

I can never understand the people who rage at people for not completing everything first go, or the 'this usually doesn't take this long' brigade, after your second wipe. You play video games for entertainment, if you've stopped having fun, then walk away from the game ffs. Wailing on your fireteam is counter-productive at the very least, as usually someone who's struggling (Raid Virgins, or Under-leveled guardians) will feel even more pressure on them at this point.

Some of the biggest laughs i've had on destiny is when people **** up at worst possible times. eg

HM crota as L32s, just about to leave crystal room, one of my buddies declares he's low on health

'Your a Warlock, Yeah?'
    'Yep'
    'Do you have Radiance?'
    'Yeah'
    'Well just blow yourself up with a rocket launcher then...'
    Warlock activates radiance then blows himself up with rocket launcher...
    Cue 6 guardians laughing uncontrollably for 10 minutes.

or something i did myself.
    Got back to crystal room after taking down the ogres on Crota HM. Hunter says he needs orbs, i'm a titan and i can see 8-9 orbs around, and no-one else has supers up..

Me - 'I can make orbs. i saw this today on t'internet, if you put Ward of Dawn up here so most of it is outside, when Crota shoots it i can make more orbs.
    Hunter - 'Excellent, go for it.

I stand in position facing Crota in the crystal room touching the glass, but instead of activating my ward of dawn, i throw a magnetic grenade which promptly drops at my feet and explodes me to bits.

'Crota has summoned his Oversoul"

Me- 'Amm, Sorry Guys'

Everyone Else - 'AAAHHAAAAHHHAHAHHAAA'

I've had plenty of experiences with LFG sites too, some good some bad so why not introduce myself here and see where we go. So here it is.

I'm stevoslice, and i'm an addict.

Best introduction ever. Added you - ibFoxer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So my entire friends list just got logged out bar a scattered few, happen to anyone else? I'm PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well everyone seems to be back on.

Decided to play the weekly before bed, got to the room before the tank room and we got out icebreakers out. Expecting Taniks to get nice and low then become immune before teleporting off, we just lay into him with head shots.
    We eh, killed him.

The next door wouldn't open and the "kill star" was over his scorch cannon. We picked it up and it had infinite ammo, no use though as we were stuck there. Waiting a few minutes, tried to wipe, tried running back to the teleporter. Nope.
    I just called it a night.

Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Like Benedict "AbusesToilets" Arnold,

That was totally an accident....I swear :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Went flawless in trials last night with a random reddit group and got a nice solar scholar. Pretty happy as I dont have a VoC yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I dont think ive ever gotten a 3 streak with the exotic engrams for the 3 classes and actually didn't already have them.:)

http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/7e8cde04-b48c-4704-bd46-6a24adab0f89

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think the answer to your question is "Shotguns"

Haven't used them in a long time in PvP. If I was I'd probably have to go with the heavy hitting slow firing ones like The Tolley Problem or Plug. The Pocket Infinity used to be terrifying but they nerfed it buffed it nerfed it again so I'm not sure what it's like now. The Crota one is awesome in PvE.

Shotguns don't suit my play style, I only use them when I'm doing the shotgun bounty. I'm more of a midfielder player I like to hang back a little and take people out from a slight distance. I use Scout Rifles like VOC and Pulse rifles as primarys so fusion rifles fit better for my play style. I did use the plug one for a long time so I may go back to using that, I have the pocket infinity as well but I haven't upgraded it fully tried it a few time in PVP but didn't like the feel of it but maybe that's because it wasn't upgraded fully.

• Advertisement

^ sounds like you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, I play the same range game and your secondary either needs to be for longer ranges (sniper) or shorter ranges (shotgun), if I were to recommend fusion rifles, range would probably be the biggest factor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Perun's is a solid Pvp fusion, with good range, fast charge and impact. I've swung towards liking fusions more and more of late, even though I still tend to get sniped by the shotguns.

Surprised Generic hasn't posted this up yet must be sleepy.

Destiny - The Red Bull Can Review.
    Though it is not scheduled to be released until July 1st, I was able to obtain an advanced copy of Destiny - The Red Bull Can via 7-11 employees who are bad with calendars. This DLC includes 1 can, full of liquids, that can be purchased for $3.50. Let’s get to the review!

Graphics: The can itself holds 12 oz. of liquid that comes in a tall, skinny form factor, as if its aspect ratio was set incorrectly, or if Coca-Cola had a skinny, tall brother that ruined all of its parties.

The can is blue and grey, as are the images. What is odd is that there are no other colors in the images even though the top part of the can contains the color red. I suppose the graphics budget was only so large, but I would prefer that the entire experience had multiple colors.

There’s also an image of a hardcore Destiny player on the can, which made me feel self-conscious about my life choices.

Gameplay: To begin this quest, you must first go to a 7-11. The quest can be activated from the refrigerator section. At this point, you can learn about what’s ahead before purchasing the DLC. 40g of sugar! Ingredients you are unfamiliar with! Something under the tab!

Payment for the DLC will be required before progressing beyond this point. I do not suggest trying to push forward without payment. The Darkness will consume you.

The next step in the quest is to open the can, and drink its liquid contents. I waited for a prompt to do so, but it never came. Glitch? Either way, I eventually discovered I could open the tab using my hand.

The contents of Destiny - The Red Bull Can definitely weren’t up to modern DLC standards. It tasted vaguely of bile mixed with artificial sweeteners mixed with not artificial sweeteners mixed with dead. Though not specified, I would assume this enemy was one of the Hive.

There is also enough sugar in this stuff to kill a small Titan.

Verdict: Overall, Destiny - The Red Bull Can really illustrates some of the worst practices in modern DLC. The content was too short, the graphics received a serious downgrade, and the content left a bad taste in my mouth. The only discernable storyline was my being shocked that a beverage costs $3.50, but the employee’s just told me “It was all about value.”

The code under the tab leaves a promise of more things to come, but I do not believe this quest was worth my time, energy, and general health to complete.

Score: 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so after a bit of practicing with PvP this last few days I decided to give trials a go with a bunch of randoms, it was hard to find a team in LFG as 99% of the posts there required that you have gone flawless before and since this was my first attempt nobody wanted me :(

Anyway I found a guy who was looking for an average player like me, I just wanted to get some experience, I think it went well all things considering, wasnt planning on winning anything and ended up winning 6 games could have been seven if I would have bought the buffs but hey... I am a noob! Never played in that map before neither so I am happy with the end result, might try again this week...

I still need to practice more PvP wise, lots of stuff I dont know still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok so after a bit of practicing with PvP this last few days I decided to give trials a go with a bunch of randoms, it was hard to find a team in LFG as 99% of the posts there required that you have gone flawless before and since this was my first attempt nobody wanted me :(

Anyway I found a guy who was looking for an average player like me, I just wanted to get some experience, I think it went well all things considering, wasnt planning on winning anything and ended up winning 6 games could have been seven if I would have bought the buffs but hey... I am a noob! Never played in that map before neither so I am happy with the end result, might try again this week...

I still need to practice more PvP wise, lots of stuff I dont know still :)

Come back to Xbox and I'll give TOO a bash with you. We have a few most nights that play crucible so you could get a lot of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Come back to Xbox and I'll give TOO a bash with you. We have a few most nights that play crucible so you could get a lot of practice.

I'd like that... but I just can't get used to the controller anymore!!

I will give it a go soon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/06/27/destinys-activision-problem-its-just-a-game-not-a-revenue-stream/

Interesting read, a revenue stream for Activision.

It really is only about moola in the end. Ching ching.

Surprised Generic hasn't posted this up yet must be sleepy.

Destiny - The Red Bull Can Review.

I was at a Mastodon concert thank you very much.

But yeah, that's hilarious, took me a minute to realise the satire, which is always the best kind of satire :D

I was at a Mastodon concert thank you very much

Noice. Raging I missed the Dublin gig, had to work.

Mastodon

Damn you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I started a Hunter character before the weekend. It is the first time I've used anything other than a Warlock. So far I like the extra agility that the class has. It feels like it runs faster or turns quicker.

It also seems to have made shotguns a viable option. I just cleared a shotgun bounty in Crucible in two games. That would normally have taken me ages and I just using some 'common' shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cashed in some shards to get motes for the helmet engram. 300 motes later still no Ram. This game seriously hates me.:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Three days since I was last able to play, another 7 to go. Jesus. On the plus side, Legoland is frickin cool! :D

Datto doing a good job of explaining why I CNGF about HoW end-game stuff and it's relevant weapon/armour drops.

I have some pre-prepared pitchforks below

----E ----E ----E
    ----E ----E ----E
    ----E ----E ----E

Warning, it Auto-played a Professor Broman video like right afterwards...... It lasted about 12 seconds..... Still that's my week f**king ruined now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Tuned in to KingGothalion on Twitch last night, 3 of them (Gothalion, Gunny629 & Charionna) have a regular slot in PvP where they just use abilities, no shots fired.

Off they go to trails and what do you know, they go bloody flawless, well technically 7 and 1 but they had the buffs. Classic stuff, they couldn't believe it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Have said the same about the weapons myself, also think being able to reroll perks ruins the weapon drops in the games.

Have said the same about the weapons myself, also think being able to reroll perks ruins the weapon drops in the games.

Oh we do love a bit of back-patting don't we?!? :pac:

At least you kind of know now if it's even worth the bother rolling the weapon again deepening on it's archetype (low impact ARs = parts etc). Still you won't roll a better SR than the VoC etc. That being said, since I've started using VoC in PvP I can now justify Invectives existence in this world

Oh we do love a bit of back-patting don't we?!? :pac:

At least you kind of know now if it's even worth the bother rolling the weapon again deepening on it's archetype (low impact ARs = parts etc). Still you won't roll a better SR than the VoC etc. That being said, since I've started using VoC in PvP I can now justify Invectives existence in this world

Deadshot Luna is a decent SR in Crucible. I rolled mine with Full Auto and Firefly.

Any Xbox guys want to do a 32 tonight ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Deadshot Luna is a decent SR in Crucible. I rolled mine with Full Auto and Firefly.

What did you get Stability wise? I was all about the DO Vendor Version until I realised it was so unstable.... also Prefer the VoC sights, don't like those "pointing upwards arrow" sights, it's like I feel like I want to aim where the sight is pointing to (a-la-CoD etc) as opposed to the top pixels of the arrow itself being where it actually hits

• Advertisement

What did you get Stability wise? I was all about the DO Vendor Version until I realised it was so unstable.... also Prefer the VoC sights, don't like those "pointing upwards arrow" sights, it's like I feel like I want to aim where the sight is pointing to (a-la-CoD etc) as opposed to the top pixels of the arrow itself being where it actually hits

I'll get a screen shot later. In the middle their I rolled something that made the stability much netter. Crap sights on mine though. Either to close range for the gun to be effective or to long range to make use of the full auto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement