Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'll get a screen shot later. In the middle their I rolled something that made the stability much netter. Crap sights on mine though. Either to close range for the gun to be effective or to long range to make use of the full auto.

Then if I am correct it'll be about the same TTK as at the VoC as it'll be very similar but have slightly faster RoF and lower impact.

VoG NM with only Supers, no grenades, melees or guns

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Then if I am correct it'll be about the same TTK as at the VoC as it'll be very similar but have slightly faster RoF and lower impact.

I think the Critical damage was 48/52 can't remember exactly. I like using it to attack points in control from a safe distance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Oh we do love a bit of back-patting don't we?!? :pac:

At least you kind of know now if it's even worth the bother rolling the weapon again deepening on it's archetype (low impact ARs = parts etc). Still you won't roll a better SR than the VoC etc. That being said, since I've started using VoC in PvP I can now justify Invectives existence in this world

I have broken out the VoC recently for the first time in a long time. I had almost forgotten how good it is. I rolled two Gheleon's last time out, one for PvP with Full Auto, Stability/ Explosive Rds and range perk, and one for PvE with Luck in the Chamber, Explosive Rds and Firefly. Beyond getting a different elemental roll from the Lighthouse ( chances :P) I don't see anything surpassing those two for SRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Hi Guys,

Just looking to see if you can help please..

First off, I do not have playstion plus, so not sure if it makes any difference...

I have completed.every level up to and including level 12 and I am unable to access level 13 as it has not yet opened..

I have recently read elsewhere that I needed to access the "reef" in order to proceed to level 13 bit there is nothing in the reef when I open it...

Does anyone have any ideas why I can not get to level 13...

All help is much appreciated...

• Advertisement

I dunno why you'd use Explosive Rounds in PvP, I don't like them at all

I dunno why you'd use Explosive Rounds in PvP, I don't like them at all

I don't, they are in the same line as the stability perk. Although I've read they can be ok because they cause excessive screen shake.

Anyway I mostly use death orb in PvP, certainly in Trials at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just had the most frustrating game of Control in a while. It seemed like not a single person on my team was interested in winning a control point. All they wanted to do was go for kills. I kept trying to push for zones but everytime was the only one trying. Everyone else was hanging back trying to snipe. Aaargh!

So Iron Banner is back tomorrow. Bungie Tweet.

Iron Banner returns tomorrow at 10AM. Earn Gauntlets, Chest, Machinegun and for the first time ever… the Pulse Rifle (Skorri’s Revenge).

I hope they have Etheric Light on offer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I just had the most frustrating game of Control in a while. It seemed like not a single person on my team was interested in winning a control point. All they wanted to do was go for kills. I kept trying to push for zones but everytime was the only one trying. Everyone else was hanging back trying to snipe. Aaargh!

Are you sure it wasn't clash you were playing. In all seriousness though I experienced the exact same in 2 games at the weekend, had to quit out and go play the new control maps to get some decent games in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hi Guys,

First off, I do not have playstion plus, so not sure if it makes any difference...

I have completed.every level up to and including level 12 and I am unable to access level 13 as it has not yet opened..

I have recently read elsewhere that I needed to access the "reef" in order to proceed to level 13 bit there is nothing in the reef when I open it...

You need to get to level 13. Go to the tower and run some of the daily bounties and that should level you up.

Also, if you want to play with others you will need ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hi Guys,

You can level up all the way to 20 just by doing story missions. There is a cut scene where you go to the Reef but I thought it was later than lvl13.
    There's a lot of content you'll be missing out on by not having ps plus.

I got my new Hunter up to level 20 in 7 hours 3 mins. Pretty pleased with that. I happened to have saved an Exotic Hunter Helm from a Nightfall the other week. It's called Celestial Nighthawk.

I also have an Exotic Chestpiece too from Xur at the weekend. I've no other Hunter armour though. I never thought of saving pieces for other classes while using my Warlocks. I didn't think I'd be bothered with a new class.

Shame really.

So Iron Banner is back tomorrow. Bungie Tweet.

Iron Banner returns tomorrow at 10AM. Earn Gauntlets, Chest, Machinegun and for the first time ever… the Pulse Rifle (Skorri’s Revenge).

I hope they have Etheric Light on offer again.

Too bad the Pulse has garbage impact. Jolder's isn't going to be the same without having Field Scout as a perk. Thankfully I've got 4 of them :D

Nightfall is the Summoning Pits with Juggler, Void and Solar

32 is Urrox, 34 is Quodron

Varkis has helmets this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You can level up all the way to 20 just by doing story missions. There is a cut scene where you go to the Reef but I thought it was later than lvl13.
    There's a lot of content you'll be missing out on by not having ps plus.

Cheers for the response.... I have done all the story missions up to level 12 where I can progress no further as there is no other option... Level 13 is still locked as is level 14 because it says you need PlayStation plus in order to complete these levels...

Am really confused about this whole thing. I thought is should have been straight forward if you complete a level, another level will open up...

I may get the PlayStation plus but I don't play games that much, so do you still think it is worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cheers for the response.... I have done all the story missions up to level 12 where I can progress no further as there is no other option... Level 13 is still locked as is level 14 because it says you need PlayStation plus in order to complete these levels...

Am really confused about this whole thing. I thought is should have been straight forward if you complete a level, another level will open up...

I may get the PlayStation plus but I don't play games that much, so do you still think it is worth getting?
    When you say level do you mean the missions (as opposed to your character level).

What is the name of the missions that are locked (I'm thinking they might be Strikes...). What is the name of the last mission you have completed?

I really can't remember. I wonder if you are at a stage where you need to do a strike. That may require matchmaking and a PS plus account. As for getting PS plus it is €50 for the year. It's quite cheap and worth it imo even if you don't play much.

When you say level do you mean the missions (as opposed to your character level).

What is the name of the missions that are locked (I'm thinking they might be Strikes...). What is the name of the last mission you have completed?

By the sounds of it it sounds like he's at the part where you travelbto the reef for the first time to watch the cut scene with the Queen. Click on the Reef and move to the left you should see an option there. This will plat the cutscene and open up Mars.

That sounds like a bug introduce by the new reef layout.

If you replay the last story mission it should bump you to level 13.

I'm not sure exactly what you can play without PS Plus tbh. Can you play Strikes or Crucible? If not, you're essentially playing the likes of Evolve for the Sinlge Player.

PS Plus will net you about 72 Free Games a year, about half of which have PS3 versions.

Some of the free ones from the past year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)
    135 Dead Space 3
    138 Crysis 3
    139 Fez (cross-buy)
    144 Batman: Arkham Asylum
    147 Spelunky (cross-buy)
    151 Hitman HD Trilogy
    155 Prototype 2
    158 Thief
    159 Yakuza 4
    164 Dishonored

EDIT: Sorry for some dumb reason I thought you said you were on PS3

If you're on PS4 there is like 100 of us playing it regularly, so you could even just join for a Month for Free and give it a shot and see if you like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Nightfall is the Summoning Pits with Juggler, Void and Solar

32 is Urrox, 34 is Quodron

Varkis has helmets this week.

I'm gonna get that ridiculous looking Titan one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Too bad the Pulse has garbage impact. Jolder's isn't going to be the same without having Field Scout as a perk. Thankfully I've got 4 of them :D

Has field scout been removed as an option for all versions (pre & post HoW drops) of Jolders hammer?

nevelator wrote: »
    Has field scout been removed as an option for all versions (pre & post HoW drops) of Jolders hammer?

I think it is just the new versions, if you have an old one it should still be able to roll it.

I'm gonna get that ridiculous looking Titan one! :D

It is not ridiculous !! It turns you into a B52 Bber when your doing your Smash :)

So if I took my level 24 Hunter into the Iron Banner would I be at such a disadvantage level wise that it won't be worth it?

I'll still have maxed out weapons like Thorn but I'm worred that level 24 against level 34s won't even be a contest.

So if I took my level 24 Hunter into the Iron Banner would I be at such a disadvantage level wise that it won't be worth it?

I'll still have maxed out weapons like Thorn but I'm worred that level 24 against level 34s won't even be a contest.

It would be carnage. You wouldn't have a very good time. You really need to be within 3 levels I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Depends how good you are, but remember its not just you on the team so most likely you'll win some and lose some, same as always :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

You'd be at a serious disadvantage both taking and receiving damage. A few levels difference would be a small enough difference - 10 levels would be painful I would imagine. Why use the level 24? Don't you have higher level ones?

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    You'd be at a serious disadvantage both taking and receiving damage. A few levels difference would be a small enough difference - 10 levels would be painful I would imagine. Why use the level 24? Don't you have higher level ones?

Sounds like level 24 will not be fun. I was thinking of using the 24 Hunter as a way to buy armour for him.

I have two 34 Warlocks so I'll probably just use them and get the Etheric light. If I find any Legendary Engrams from other activities I'll let the Hunter decode them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Its works the same as it does in PVE so if you are decent you can do fine. I have often seen mid 20 players ranking decently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement