Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Don't have Plan C - looks decent enough to be worth picking up. Nothing else useful to me this week other than the engram.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Plan C.... Murmur but taking up your exotic slot since 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Don't have Plan C - looks decent enough to be worth picking up. Nothing else useful to me this week other than the engram.

I love plan C, the quick shot after weapon swap is fantastic imo

Also, I believe it has a 37 mag? maybe is 30 without the fusion rifle ammo perk but still a lot

Is anyone else really really happy about the upcoming weapon balancing update?

I know it's taken 5 months to get there, but given I work in Data/Reporting I know that the more data you collect, the better and more accurate your findings are going to be.

The fact the called out the changes when Iron Banner was running points to that.

It will be a much better PvP experience in a few weeks, I've just clocked up my 850th Crucible match and have to say that the only thing that I found really OP were Fusion Rifles due to their one-shot kill range, mainly Plan C..... which is funny cause Plan C other than that is garbage.

I always said Pulse Rifles were pure and utter cr@p no matter how you try spin it. I have Red Death, Bad Juju and Praedyths Timepiece all fully levelled.
    They are all cr@p, I don't care how magical people their perks are, they cannot cause enough damage full stop.
    Shotguns have no purpose in PvE currently
    Hand Cannons and Fusion rifles have crazy range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is anyone else really really happy about the upcoming weapon balancing update?
    I know it's taken 5 months to get there, but given I work in Data/Reporting I know that the more data you collect, the better and more accurate your findings are going to be.
    It will be a much better PvP experience in a few weeks, I've just clocked up my 850th Crucible match and have to say that the only thing that I found really OP were Fusion Rifles due to their one-shot kill range, mainly Plan C..... which is funny cause Plan C other than that is garbage.

No I'm not happy.

I don't play PvP so I'm only concerned about how the weapons perform in PvE.

Hawkmoon has become my number 1 weapon of choice - its essentially a rapid fire sniper rifle with no scope, a large mag and incredible accuracy.

I read today that they are reducing the range and impact of handcannons. Bast**ds!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Same here ... just had Fatebringer drop in the past two weeks, and having levelled it up its a beast in PvE - very fun to use. I'd hate to have its lethality reduced just so folk in Crucible can finally find a use for their pulse rifles.

Hawkmoon has become my number 1 weapon of choice - its essentially a rapid fire sniper rifle with no scope, a large mag and incredible accuracy.

I read today that they are reducing the range and impact of handcannons. Bast**ds!!!

I'm not sure if you're joking here or not, the 1st half of this quote is exactly why they are doing the second half..... This is this is the definition of weapon balancing.

Hand Cannons should function somewhere between a Pistol and a Magnum, they should not function at long range.

How weapons are meant to perform over range (starting with close range)
    1 Shotgun
    2 Fusion Rifles / Hand Cannons
    3 Auto Rifles / Machine Guns
    4 Pulse Rifles / Rocket Launcher (i guess)
    5 Scout Rifles
    6 Sniper Rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 45,935 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm happy - it may reduce how much i like specific guns, but I like the idea that I may actually have to change up my loadout for different things. I think months went past where I used nothing but VoC and IB. That may not change a hole lot in essence, but if they improve Pulse Rifles (which I loved using at the start if the game but now find too weak) it might make changing loadouts and trying different weapons more appealing.

^ Exactly

Let's take an Arc nightfall for example.
    Assuming you have both Arc primaries from the VoG (Fatebringer and Praedyths Timepiece)
    At present you will ALWAYS use Fatebringer if you have it.
    But maybe if it was a more "outdoors/long range" Strike you would use the Timepiece for at least parts of it.
    Let's say the Va'lus Taurch one where you need to keep your distance during the 4 captains fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dunno why they nerfed ARs, hand cannons are much better really. Hopefully the shotgun/fusion nerfs are noticeable in PVP, and the reduction in special ammo is a start but not quite enough.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Dunno why they nerfed ARs, hand cannons are much better really. Hopefully the shotgun/fusion nerfs are noticeable in PVP, and the reduction in special ammo is a start but not quite enough.

As they said in the details of the patch, if they just buffed everything without nerving some things, the Time to Kill would just reduce constantly.
    2.5% reduction will be barely noticeable. Difference between using 12 bullets and maybe 13 to kill and enemy in PvP (provided it's a medium impact AR with no critical hits) and the stuff that was dying after 4 shots in PvE will still die after 4 shots

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't think the shotgun buff applies to pvp. It wouldn't make much difference anyway it's a ohk up close so 100% damage shouldn't change peformance, would it? It's next to useless in PvE so this is fine.
    Never like buffs/nerfs unless something is critically broken, which it wasn't (other than the connection ;)).
    Really glad I got Thorn out of the way before they "fixed" the fusions.

^ Exactly

Let's take an Arc nightfall for example.
    Assuming you have both Arc primaries from the VoG (Fatebringer and Praedyths Timepiece)
    At present you will ALWAYS use Fatebringer if you have it.
    But maybe if it was a more "outdoors/long range" Strike you would use the Timepiece for at least parts of it.
    Let's say the Va'lus Taurch one where you need to keep your distance during the 4 captains fight.

I use Fatebringer on arc nf because of firefly man!

Dont see any other weapons substituting my FB unless maybe necroc

Bohrio wrote: »

My example was based on how the weapons are effected after the patch, where using the Timepiece will now be a viable option over the Fatebringer in some situations (mainly longer range).

You could apply the same logic to using Abyss Defiant v VoC, using VoC at range even though it's DPS and Attack is lower

I'm not saying we should all dismantle our Fatebringers and burn our bras, but there will be some better use cases for weapons relegated to the cr@p pile and require more load out tweaking as Mitch Conor pointed out

My example was based on how the weapons are effected after the patch, where using the Timepiece will now be a viable option over the Fatebringer in some situations (mainly longer range).

You could apply the same logic to using Abyss Defiant v VoC, using VoC at range even though it's DPS and Attack is lower

I'm not saying we should all dismantle our Fatebringers and burn our bras, but there will be some better use cases for weapons relegated to the cr@p pile and require more load out tweaking as Mitch Conor pointed out

Not being argumentative but at long medium range I would go for fang of ir yut!

But I do get your point, I like time piece but now, also in addition to it we have the new pulse rifle which feels more or less the same.

like having so many weapons to chose from now

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »

Dont see any other weapons substituting my FB unless maybe necroc

Unlikely, necrocasm is rubbish. :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Unlikely, necrocasm is rubbish. :)

Hey! I dont know why people say that, I like it, and I am no fun of fast action AS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

As they said in the details of the patch, if they just buffed everything without nerving some things, the Time to Kill would just reduce constantly.
    2.5% reduction will be barely noticeable. Difference between using 12 bullets and maybe 13 to kill and enemy in PvP (provided it's a medium impact AR with no critical hits) and the stuff that was dying after 4 shots in PvE will still die after 4 shots

The AR nerf isn't a big deal, but I think the high ROF, Low Impact ARs actually need a bit of a buff, as they aren't all that great.

Good to see that pulse rifles may actually be useful now. I like the idea of the weapon, but had little cause to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is the only way to get an Arc primary from the VoG on Hard mode? Is Fatebringer the only Arc primary?

I feell that is the only type of weapon I am really missing. I have a Solar and Void primaries. I also have decent special and heavy weapons of Void/Arc/Solar. Its just when an Arc burn weekly or Nightfall comes up I feel slighly under equipped.

Is the only way to get an Arc primary from the VoG on Hard mode? Is Fatebringer the only Arc primary?

I feell that is the only type of weapon I am really missing. I have a Solar and Void primaries. I also have decent special and heavy weapons of Void/Arc/Solar. Its just when an Arc burn weekly or Nightfall comes up I feel slighly under equipped.

That I know off you can get the following arc primaries

VoG Hard

Fatebringer
    P Timepiece

Crota

Necro
    Fang of ir Yut
    The pulse rifle that I can't remember the name now

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can get an arc pulse rifle from the lamp section of crota on hard and an arc scout rifle from crota himself on hard. Then there's fatebringer from the Templars and the time piece from the gatekeeper in vog. The crota's end pulse rifle is easy to get by yourself if you're a Hunter or else just get someone to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Is it worth picking up and starting Destiny at this point? Or is everyone playing on maxed out characters? Been circling around this one since I got a PS4 but only able to take the plunge now

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Is it worth picking up and starting Destiny at this point? Or is everyone playing on maxed out characters?

People are constantly joining, and many of us set up 2nd characters, You'll hit level 20 doing the main story mode anyway, plus with the DLC out and the 2nd one on the way by the time you've gotten some raid under ur belt, the timing is perfect

@The40Watt, I'll be bringing my mate through the VoG Hard Mode tomorrow evening if you wanna join us in hope of getting an Arc primary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

What's the deal with husk of the pit. Got it last night off a knight on the moon. Seems pretty useless bit heard it can be upgraded to be class some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finally got something worth my SC from Xur, Sunbreakers... have been looking for them for a while now. Can finally see myself progressing towards level 29/30 this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

eggy81 wrote: »
    What's the deal with husk of the pit. Got it last night off a knight on the moon. Seems pretty useless bit heard it can be upgraded to be class some way.

This is what it upgrades to

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2809229973-necrochasm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You'll need to get yourself some bounties and quests from Eris to level up with her in order to purchase an embalming orb to upgrade it. Its a long process, for me at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It's an upgradeable white weapon. After killing 500? hive with it, you can upgrade it to a Purple Legendary - Eidolon Ally. (You need to be rank 3 with Eris Morn and need to buy an Embalming Orb for 10 Black Wax Idols)

This Purple is then Upgradeable to an Exotic - Necrochasm. The final upgrade piece is only available from Crota himself on Hard Mode. Rare drop at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is it worth trying to upgrade even to legendary.

• Advertisement

Is it worth trying to upgrade even to legendary.

Not particularly, unless you're short on decent legendary primaries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement