Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Iron Banner starting today! Any of the regular xbone guys gonna be running "team s**tbag" formation again? If so, I want in!! I only dipped into it last time, but I want to get to level 5 this week (maybe on 2 characters).

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

So if I took my level 24 Hunter into the Iron Banner would I be at such a disadvantage level wise that it won't be worth it?

I'll still have maxed out weapons like Thorn but I'm worred that level 24 against level 34s won't even be a contest.

As has been previously said, it puts you at a huge disadvantage.
    However if you are looking for gear, what you could do is play IB with one of your higher lvl characters and increase their IB standing. The 'Alt character' buff + tempered buff would then allow you to level up your 24 character faster/easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Iron Banner starting today! Any of the regular xbone guys gonna be running "team s**tbag" formation again? If so, I want in!! I only dipped into it last time, but I want to get to level 5 this week (maybe on 2 characters).

I'll join you. 3 Nightfalls tonight and 1 POE to get the Helm for the Hunter. Then IB.

I was thinking I might be better ranking the Titan to 3 first seen as I have all the Class items for him and then speed level the Warlock and Hunter to get their class items.

What armour and weapons does he have today or will we not find out until 6 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

from an earlier Josey post

Iron Banner returns tomorrow at 10AM. Earn Gauntlets, Chest, Machinegun and for the first time ever… the Pulse Rifle (Skorri’s Revenge).

I'll message you later when I'm going on. Hopefully around 7.30. I'd be up for a couple of quick NF runs and a POE run.

Yeah, from my understanding of IB, it would be way better for you to run it with your Titan first if you have all the class items. Once he's level 5, if you start on another character you get a bonus rep buff. I'll be doing it from scratch but I'm starting to enjoy Crucible more and more, so I'm looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sounds like level 24 will not be fun. I was thinking of using the 24 Hunter as a way to buy armour for him.

I have two 34 Warlocks so I'll probably just use them and get the Etheric light. If I find any Legendary Engrams from other activities I'll let the Hunter decode them.

Wanna do the VoG Normal Mode, see if you get an armour drop from it?
    Its works the same as it does in PVE so if you are decent you can do fine. I have often seen mid 20 players ranking decently.

Well if he comes across people in around ~lvl25 yeah grand... but if he finds a level 34 player it'll be all like... https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/605798262465949696

Everything will be 1-shotting him and he'll be unable to damage players.... and let's be honest, Iron Banner is mainly lvl32-lvl34 players.... And SolvableKnave :P
    nevelator wrote: »
    As has been previously said, it puts you at a huge disadvantage.
    However if you are looking for gear, what you could do is play IB with one of your higher lvl characters and increase their IB standing. The 'Alt character' buff + tempered buff would then allow you to level up your 24 character faster/easier.

Yeah this... with the tempered buff and Alt character buff you could level the Hunter in like 2 hours or so provided your main Warlock is lvl3

I'll message you later when I'm going on. Hopefully around 7.30. I'd be up for a couple of quick NF runs and a POE run.

Yeah, from my understanding of IB, it would be way better for you to run it with your Titan first if you have all the class items. Once he's level 5, if you start on another character you get a bonus rep buff. I'll be doing it from scratch but I'm starting to enjoy Crucible more and more, so I'm looking forward to it!

Sounds good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Just a heads up the iron banner glitch worked the last time, after it was supposed to be patched. Obviously you'll need to have played the last ib and have a lot of glimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just a heads up the iron banner glitch worked the last time, after it was supposed to be patched. Obviously you'll need to have played the last ib and have a lot of glimmer.

What is the IB glitch?

How does that work Cable ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Iron Banner is mainly lvl32-lvl34 players.... And SolvableKnave :P

:eek: How very dare you :D

I have my Huntard at 31 now, so he may make an appearance in IB this round. Titan first to 3, then the Lock, and maybe Golden Penis will "Dip in" for a bit.

---

I have kinda ignored PoE for a while, just to get the Hunter up (haven't finished the vanilla quests yet, all Crucible. I think I've converted.)

ToO still a no no. Tried it a few times, and the only win I got (and this wasn't even for a yellow pip) was when the other team d'qed. :o I'm putting it down to the map, didn't like the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

IB glitch
    A few minutes before IB goes live be in the destination screen and select the tower as the location. Stay on that screen till about one minute after the IB start and the tower should say requirements not met change your light level and you be able to go to the tower (if your in a party they will have to do this as well) . Go to the IB guy and you'll see your still the same rank you finished the last one at. Buy whatever you want as long as you have a lot of glimmer. As soon as you leave the tower the rank will reset. Note if you buy both etheric light ( if he's selling it) you won't be able to again when the rank resets ( with this guy)
    This is a good way to get your least favourite class to get the stuff without playing IB this time

Iron Banner is the most fun thing now.... it's right up there with Drunken Shotgun-Only Crotas End.... well fun for me anyway.... you guys... maybe not so much :pac:

Go to 4Mins 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

IB glitch
    A few minutes before IB goes live be in the destination screen and select the tower as the location. Stay on that screen till about one minute after the IB start and the tower should say requirements not met change your light level and you be able to go to the tower (if your in a party they will have to do this as well) . Go to the IB guy and you'll see your still the same rank you finished the last one at. Buy whatever you want as long as you have a lot of glimmer. As soon as you leave the tower the rank will reset. Note if you buy both etheric light ( if he's selling it) you won't be able to again when the rank resets ( with this guy)
    This is a good way to get your least favourite class to get the stuff without playing IB this time

Time does iron banner go live cable? Or have I missed the Chance

Hococop wrote: »
    Time does iron banner go live cable? Or have I missed the Chance

6pm our time I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

They said in the patch notes for HoW that they have patched out that exploit for IB. Though people were still able to do it last time round, there is a good chance it will not be possible this time (I'll give it a go though!)

If that makes any sense.

***WARNING***WARNING***WARNING***
    ***BROMAN VIDEO***BROMAN VIDEO***

https://youtu.be/06Zapd_7Kwc?t=1m10s

I didn't want to spoil it, which is why I've not embedded as Youtube video.

What a f**king idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Yeah?! I'm in - didn't realise IB was back today!

• Advertisement

Yeah?! I'm in - didn't realise IB was back today!

So that's three. I'm sure we can get three more form all the TOO flawless guys. Oh and Johnny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I have my Huntard at 31 now, so he may make an appearance in IB this round.

Save your armour cores, transfer them to your low level characters and get them some Level 42 armour from variks.
    The perks won't be great (usually all strength or discipline) but you'll get to level 33 faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Iron Banner starting today! Any of the regular xbone guys gonna be running "team s**tbag" formation again?

It is a real pity there's no cross platform online play. It'd be great to be able to pit Team Sh!tbag versus the PS4's Mighty Ducks!

It is a real pity there's no cross platform online play. It'd be great to be able to pit Team Sh!tbag versus the PS4's Mighty Ducks!

Ppppppfttttt. We have Itchy he'd snipe you'd all before you even got close to us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's probably how the next world war is going to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ppppppfttttt. We have Itchy he'd snipe you'd all before you even got close to us :D

We have a Hulk (Dreadaxe).

We have a Hulk (Dreadaxe).

He sounds crap :P

Did someone say FELWINTERS SKATEBOARD!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/MPtJRHr.gifv

I wouldn't want to play against us when we're going full on Team Sh*tbag....... 6 Thorns :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Anyone got any tips for PoE 35?

I've now spent about 13 hours of my life trying to complete the damn thing and that damn Skolas fight is a roadblock every time once the mines make their appearance. We've usually only had one Warlock, is having more than one pretty much required to get around the one infected death and more than likely attempt over?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement