Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I played about 5 IB games and won three. Only earned 30 IB rep. Very annoying. I'll keep an eye on their Twitter account.

Yea my Rep seems to be going very slowly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

You need ps plus to play crucible or strikes and I think you have to finish the strikes before you can complete the storyline

Cheers, it really makes feck all sense to me... I just wanted a shooting game to play and only realised that it is only available to play online, which is not what I was expecting... Very misleading...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cheers, it really makes feck all sense to me... I just wanted a shooting game to play and only realised that it is only available to play online, which is not what I was expecting... Very misleading...

Strikes are not necessary to finish the story line, if you can call it that. Plus is a must for Destiny, if you want to get your money's worth from it. The end game is all MP really. Nightfall and weekly strikes, PvP, Poe, Raids (Vault of Glass, the first one which is lvl 26-29, is a joy to run through the first time, and is still run now)

The cost of Plus, with the free games you get each month, is a bargain for most people, but only you can decide if it's a bargain for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It looks like Activision have brought in High Moon Studios to do work on content for Destiny.

Source

Thanks for the response... :)

My character level is 16 and on Venus I have completesd the following
    Level 10 Story, a strangers call
    Level 11 Patrol, patrol Venus
    Level 11 Story, Ishtar collective
    Level 12 Story, The Archive
    Level 12 Story, Scourge of Winter

And the there are two locked levels For Level 14 strikes...

Really confused as to what to do now...
    The next mission should be Eye of a Gate Lord, on Venus. You shouldn't need to play online for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It looks like Activision have brought in High Moon Studios to do work on content for Destiny.

Source

Can it be a proper sequel to Fall of Cybertron?

Super quick Nightfall this week. Hoped in with CDB and got it done in and around 10 minutes. Got a Monte Carlo which is nice. Have one already and it is one of, if not the best looking gun in the game.

The next mission should be Eye of a Gate Lord, on Venus. You shouldn't need to play online for it.
    Cheers, this is why I think there might be something not quite working the way it should... Maybe I should just start the whole game again as a different character...

Just had my best ever round of Control. 29 kills for a 2.9 k/d ratio and 6160 points. Got a blue engram. Yay!

In the previous round according to the HUD both teams had all control points. I took a screenshot.

Seems that people are getting Nightfall and PoE rewards early due to issues in IB rewards.

Thread on Reddit.

• Advertisement

Seems that people are getting Nightfall and PoE rewards early due to issues in IB rewards.

Thread on Reddit.

Wish I'd seen that before i turned off the Xbox :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Wish I'd seen that before i turned off the Xbox :(

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone spot this video yet? Possible new lvl cap coming in TTK. I never noticed the player levels shown in the Bungie vlog. Really looking forward to Sept 15th.

Does anyone have a link to the weapon Variks is selling this week or know where I can check outside the game? Bungie.net?

Would love a decent shotgun, it's the only blue I have now (if I didn't already get rid of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

All the shotguns are pretty decent.
    I'd love to get the Found Verdict again from VoG - I deleted about five of them all told.
    The Crota shotgun is pretty good if you can find anyone to run normal and it drops.
    I'm pretty partial to The Matador, Two to the Morgue, Hide and Seek , Judgement VI...... ah hell all the shotguns are good

I don't have a Felwinters although now the special perks can't drop it's not such a big deal, wish I'd got one earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cheers, this is why I think there might be something not quite working the way it should... Maybe I should just start the whole game again as a different character...

If I remember correctly, you need to go to the reef and talk to the Queen before activating this mission.
    Maybe that's what's wrong?

If I remember correctly, you need to go to the reef and talk to the Queen before activating this mission.
    Maybe that's what's wrong?

Yeah you do. Then when you complete the Eye of the Gatelord you have to go back for another mind numbing cut scene. Noting worse than doing the daily/bounty forgetting to jump out and ending back up in the Reef. Must have seen that cut scent a hundred times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hi, there is definetly nothing available for me to click on the reef... I'm starting to pull my hair out at this stage... May just purchase the plus....

If you have started venus and completed all those missions the reef wont be available until after you kill the gatelord (eye of a gatelord mission).

Whats your PSN?

Your eye of the gatelord mission should be available to you. Maybe you need to go to the tower and turn a reward in?

Sometimes it wont let you go any further until you do this

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I thought you had to meet the Queen and her d*ckhead brother before you do the Gatelord mission. I think he is the one that says you need the eye.

I thought you had to meet the Queen and her d*ckhead brother before you do the Gatelord mission. I think he is the one that says you need the eye.

That's what I thought as well. You have to prove yourself !!

Bohrio hasn't done that mission in about 8 weeks of game time :)
    You have to visit the Reef each side of the mission
    It's annoying both times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's what I thought as well. You have to prove yourself !!

Some good fun last night in IB, despite the terrible lag in some games and the screwed up rewards and reputation gains. More of the same tonight??

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Bohrio hasn't done that mission in about 8 weeks of game time :)
    You have to visit the Reef each side of the mission
    It's annoying both times

hehehe

You will trigger the first Reef mission after you complete the first mission in Venus when you kill the "murderous robots"... I remember the ghost scripts as well... its when the stranger says to the guardian and little light to find the black garden, and thats the first time the reef/awoken are mentioned, at the end of that scene is when the ghost says "can we not stay here with the murderous robots?"... once you do this mission you wlll be allowed in the reef, that's when your woman the queen will tell you to kill the gatelord and get the eye, a new mission is then made available... once you kill the gate lord you will need to bring the eye back to the queen...

But I could be wrong as I havent done this in a few weeks ;)

Open to corrections

PS: I think that the OP is either needs to bring back the Vex Mind to the tower or he needs to access the Reef... sometimes the reef wont show anything onthe main screen, but you jut need to click on it and go onto the next screen, the new mission should be there waiting for you

I can give you a hand with this later if you want

PS#2: I can't barely understand what I just wrote so here is a better explanation

link

At the end it says

"Once all the enemies are defeated, the mysterious stranger that called you will appear. She'll inform you about The Black Garden and will tell you to seek assistance from The Awoken in The Reef. The mission will then end"

Bohrio wrote: »
    Whats your PSN?

NiallStack42
    Your eye of the gatelord mission should be available to you. Maybe you need to go to the tower and turn a reward in?
    Tried to turn a reward in and TBH im not sure how to do this...

NiallStack42

You generally have to hand them off to someone in the Tower. Usually the Speaker who's in the far left section or one of the Vanguards straight down the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NiallStack42

Go to the tower - see if there is a green marker over anyones head or in the distance indicating a way-point. If there is, track it down and talk to whomever the tracker is pointing at. Hopefully there is an item to hand in, and hopefully that will send you on your way.

hehehe

You will trigger the first Reef mission after you complete the first mission in Venus when you kill the "murderous robots"... I remember the ghost scripts as well... its when the stranger says to the guardian and little light to find the black garden, and thats the first time the reef/awoken are mentioned, at the end of that scene is when the ghost says "can we not stay here with the murderous robots?"... once you do this mission you wlll be allowed in the reef, that's when your woman the queen will tell you to kill the gatelord and get the eye, a new mission is then made available... once you kill the gate lord you will need to bring the eye back to the queen...

I have just redone this first mission again on Venus and like you say there is a big spiel about the reef but nothing happens... I have opened the reef and there is nothing clickable in there at all...

PS: I think that the OP is either needs to bring back the Vex Mind to the tower or he needs to access the Reef... sometimes the reef wont show anything onthe main screen, but you jut need to click on it and go onto the next screen, the new mission should be there waiting for you

Not sure what the Vex Mind is or how to do what you suggest I have opened the reef and there is nothing clickable in there at all...

PS#2: I can't barely understand what I just wrote so here is a better explanation

link
    At the end it says

"Once all the enemies are defeated, the mysterious stranger that called you will appear. She'll inform you about The Black Garden and will tell you to seek assistance from The Awoken in The Reef. The mission will then end"

And it does, but nothing else happens.. Tried to access the reef once her spiel was over, but nada....

I have just redone this first mission again on Venus and like you say there is a big spiel about the reef but nothing happens... I have opened the reef and there is nothing clickable in there at all...

Not sure what the Vex Mind is or how to do what you suggest I have opened the reef and there is nothing clickable in there at all...

link

And it does, but nothing else happens.. Tried to access the reef once her spiel was over, but nada....

You have already done this mission, this mission doesnt allow you to click on the reef, it will bring you there automatically.

Once you are there the queen will mention that in order for you to get to the black garden you will need a gate lords eye... after that you will resume your mission and go back to venus, you will have a few missions to chose from, the archive, vex minds, etc... as you progress the eye of a gate lord mission will unlock (this mission might be unlocked already but I bleive you need to complete the vex library mission first, here you will get the vex mind which you need to give to the speaker (if I remember correctly), after that you can then do the eye of a gate lord.

Otherwise add me and I will help you later today ;)

PSN is in my signature

Otherwise add me and I will help you later today ;)

PSN is in my signature

He doesn't have PS Plus.

This reminds me of when people stop me for directions. I'm hopeless. Once a car with a family stopped and asked me "How do we get to Killiney" I stared blankly at them, mouth agape, silence grew longer and things got awkward. As they sped away I remembered I was in Killiney.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    He doesn't have PS Plus.

This reminds me of when people stop me for directions. I'm hopeless. Once a car with a family stopped and asked me "How do we get to Killiney" I stared blankly at them, mouth agape, silence grew longer and things got awkward. As they sped away I remembered I was in Killiney.

ummm and can you share screen for instance? then I could log on and check if he wants or at least open up a party chat and see whats going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ummm and can you share screen for instance? then I could log on and check if he wants or at least open up a party chat and see whats going on?

You can still do story co-op without ps+, but you won't be able to use shareplay and use his characters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement