Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Really? Wish I could find some. I've managed to get 3 and that was in the last IB. Hoping for the same again.

Do PoE 34 every week and if you can 35 as well, they are easy enough once you have practice

You have 2 34s so far so that means you can get 4 etherics per week

And that's not counting Trials which normally gives you etheric light as well.

I think I have around 20 etheric lights in my vault that I dont know what to do with... just remember to do PoEs every week and soon enough you will have plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've 40 odd and I haven't touched PoE since week 2, guess its just from Trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't reall get to play trials so stuck with 1 per character per week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

He has two level 34 guardians, so that's a minimum of 4 per week if he runs 34 and 35 PoE on each.

Edit - just seen your ninja edit Varik! Now it looks like I'm talking to no one..... :)

He has two level 34 guardians, so that's a minimum of 4 per week if he runs 34 and 35 PoE on each.

Edit - just seen your ninja edit Varik! Now it looks like I'm talking to no one..... :)

Technically ninja delete, realised he was on about trial right after posting so deleted the question and posted new one a minute later.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Technically ninja delete, realised he was on about trial right after posting so deleted the question and posted new one a minute later.
    I don't do trials but get 3 a week, 2 from Prison of Elders and 1 from the bounties. Are you xbox or ps?

I don't do trials but get 3 a week, 2 from Prison of Elders and 1 from the bounties. Are you xbox or ps?

Ps

How do you get them from bounties i usually only do the required 1 to get a key.

Ps

How do you get them from bounties i usually only do the required 1 to get a key.

Sorry meant to say nightfall, but that is random.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Tis a bit silly billy that the new IB gear has to be ascended.

Thats really grinding my gears!
    You earn some gear from the IB, you can only buy 2 pieces of Etheric light.
    You then use both pieces of Etheric light to ascend the IB gear.

How are you supposed to ascend the weapons or any of your original gear?

I know most of us have spare Etheric light from running PoE but the IB gear and weapons shouldn't require Etheric light to ascend them, you've already earned them!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Xurs Inventory

An insurmountable Skullfort (125 dis)
    Lucky Raspberry (163 int)
    Apotheosis veil (123 dis)
    Universal remote
    Exotic Shard
    Helm engram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,892 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nevelator wrote: »
    Xurs Inventory

An insurmountable Skullfort (125 dis)
    Lucky Raspberry (163 int)
    Apotheosis veil (123 dis)
    Universal remote
    Exotic Shard
    Helm engram
    Will roll the dice on the engram in the hope of getting a Ram. Nothing else of any interest there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Will roll the dice on the engram in the hope of getting a Ram. Nothing else of any interest there.

Bought 3 got eternal warrior and celestial nighthawk so I'm happy ( 3rd was light beyond nemesis)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah me too, time to cash in some more shards for motes. Used around 300 looking for the Ram last weekend, will prolly do the same again :(.
    Of course I'll get it, do an Nightfall and then have two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Bohrio wrote: »
    Do PoE 34 every week and if you can 35 as well, they are easy enough once you have practice

You have 2 34s so far so that means you can get 4 etherics per week

And that's not counting Trials which normally gives you etheric light as well.

I think I have around 20 etheric lights in my vault that I dont know what to do with... just remember to do PoEs every week and soon enough you will have plenty

All non-matchmade content, i think you underestimate how many people do not constantly play with a pre-made fireteam. Its destiny largest downfall imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

All non-matchmade content, i think you underestimate how many people do not constantly play with a pre-made fireteam. Its destiny largest downfall imo.

In fairness he community here is generally all too happy to help out if you ask.

But I take your point about non matchable content.

Personally if content is out a month or so I think it should be given match making criteria as people tend to know what's happening at that point.

I'm not saying everyone would use it but I don't see why it can't be an option.

Just my opinion.

In fairness he community here is generally all too happy to help out if you ask.

But I take your point about non matchable content.

Personally if content is out a month or so I think it should be given match making criteria as people tend to know what's happening at that point.

I'm not saying everyone would use it but I don't see why it can't be an option.

Just my opinion.

Agreed.

And ya, people here are decent with regards to helping out but that doesn't really solve destinys flawed thinking when it comes to content.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

that doesn't really solve destinys flawed thinking when it comes to content.

But it's not All Content, Only "End-Game" content.

When I think about things I don't want to be doing with messers I think PoE 32+, Hard Raids, ToO and Nightfalls.

If there was match making on these, there would be Nothing stopping a microphone-less, AFKing Lvl29 person joining Crota Hard mode.

It's a completely different (and worse) game playing with match-made players in almost everyway.

Even doing a Lvl28 PoE or a Random Strike or Weekly I end up doing a lot of the heavy lifting while Tony-Blue-Gun is trying to ram himself into every cheese spot known to man

There's enough match made content for players who don't want to get in fire teams, and well if you want to do end game content and refuse to assemble or join a fireteam..... that's ok too.... I mean other players doing CE Normal Mode with a matched team might be ok and won't stop me from doing it with a Pre-made fireteam, but I can imagine it would leave a sour taste in many new comers mouths. So match making doesn't take away from Doing it the current way with a team, But I think it's par for the course now to expect to have to use LFG

Cormac... wrote: »
    But it's not All Content, Only "End-Game" content.

When I think about things I don't want to be doing with messers I think PoE 32+, Hard Raids, ToO and Nightfalls.

If there was match making on these, there would be Nothing stopping a microphone-less, AFKing Lvl29 person joining Crota Hard mode.

It's a completely different (and worse) game playing with match-made players in almost everyway.

Even doing a Lvl28 PoE or a Random Strike or Weekly I end up doing a lot of the heavy lifting while Tony-Blue-Gun is trying to ram himself into every cheese spot known to man

There's enough match made content for players who don't want to get in fire teams, and well if you want to do end game content and refuse to assemble or join a fireteam..... that's ok too.... I mean other players doing CE Normal Mode with a matched team might be ok and won't stop me from doing it with a Pre-made fireteam, but I can imagine it would leave a sour taste in many new comers mouths. So match making doesn't take away from Doing it the current way with a team, But I think it's par for the course now to expect to have to use LFG

So if you dont want to do a matchmade hard mode then don't, it still should be an option. Locking end game content behind artifical and stupid walls is dumb. Destiny is a decade behind other games in this regard. If people pay for the content it should be accessible. There is absolutely no reason nightfall shouldn't be matchmade and as for the fact that feck all people have been in the raids, is that a good use of resources - creating good content the majority of your players wont experience?

"Only" end game content? You mean the best content? **** that for a game of soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cormac you wouldn't have to use the match making version if you didn't want to though just like you don't have to use it currently for a weekly for example.

I've usedit lfor the weekly a few times of late just as its easier for not having to bother you guys.

I take your point though that the game is better in fireteam mode though. Been a while since I joined a fireteam on here but I had great fun the times I did.

Anyway I'm just saying fireteams dont suit everyone and surely the success of the weekly and the POE lvl 28 should give them a basis to expand it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

So if you dont want to do a matchmade hard mode then don't, it still should be an option. Locking end game content behind artifical and stupid walls is dumb. Destiny is a decade behind other games in this regard. If people pay for the content it should be accessible. There is absolutely no reason nightfall shouldn't be matchmade and as for the fact that feck all people have been in the raids, is that a good use of resources - creating good content the majority of your players wont experience?

"Only" end game content? You mean the best content? **** that for a game of soldiers.

Matchmaking should be an option. Even for weekly heroics I would much rather have an option to solo it, do it as a team of 2 or take my chances with randomers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd be ok with matchmaking provided you could make it private. If you were in something and a friend got kicked a randomer shouldn't be able to take their spot.
    Even now when you are doing a weekly but have to do something first, you can't let friends start it and you can join up later.

Cormac you wouldn't have to use the match making version if you didn't want to though just like you don't have to use it currently for a weekly for example.

I've usedit lfor the weekly a few times of late just as its easier for not having to bother you guys.

I take your point though that the game is better in fireteam mode though. Been a while since I joined a fireteam on here but I had great fun the times I did.

Anyway I'm just saying fireteams dont suit everyone and surely the success of the weekly and the POE lvl 28 should give them a basis to expand it further.

Wait - what am I missing - how do you turn off matchmaking for the weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nocal wrote: »
    Wait - what am I missing - how do you turn off mathcmaking for the weekly?

He just means that you could go full fireteam on the weekly, or the built in matchmaking. You can't actually turn it off though.

Wait - what am I missing - how do you turn off matchmaking for the weekly?

Get a pre-made.

That is the whole point - matchmaking needs to be a user selected option.

That is the whole point - matchmaking needs to be a user selected option.

Yup, literally 0 downside to it. Dunno why nightfall isnt matchmade by default anyway, not like it introduces new mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

But what happens then when you get AFK'ers ? They sit at the start and you have to do all the work.
    I like to solo the nightfall most weeks and then if anyone is on in the meantime I'll invite them in at the end to get the rewards.
    I defiently do not want to play a nightfall with match made teams. Its bad enough doing it in the strike playlist.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But what happens then when you get AFK'ers ? They sit at the start and you have to do all the work.
    I like to solo the nightfall most weeks and then if anyone is on in the meantime I'll invite them in at the end to get the rewards.
    I defiently do not want to play a nightfall with match made teams. Its bad enough doing it in the strike playlist.

Agree completely.

Would also be open to trolls completely ruining your experience of these strikes .

emmetkenny wrote: »

Then don't choose to.

I do it for heroics unless i see anyone playing but for anything else i don't/wouldn't

Would like it in ToO but thats more so there are a few more terrible teams out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Then don't choose to.

I do it for heroics unless i see anyone playing but for anything else i don't/wouldn't

Would like it in ToO but thats more so there are a few more terrible teams out there.

But I can't choose to solo the weekly anymore. So why should I be made to match make if there's nobody on ? I'd say 8/10 times I've match made for the weekly there's been at least one AFK.

And that's exactly what would happen if they put match making into Nightfall, Raids, POE and TOO. Plus it'd be very unfair on new players to be put together with people who want to go AFKand ruin the experience on them. It could put people off.

Don't get me wrong I'll help anybody run anything, even invites in the tower if they send a message, because if they invite you at least you know they'll help a little to get through it. The same with LFG, if somebody uses those sites you know they want to actually run through the content.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement