Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Mercury one? it was yeah.

Thought that. It's a bit odd that they didn't switch it to a new map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Just had The Ram drop for me from one of Xurs silly exotic engrams, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So after 266 hours it finally happened. The Gjallarhorn dropped for me after an IB match.

So after 266 hours it finally happened. The Gjallarhorn dropped for me after an IB match.

266 hours isn't a lot. :P that's like only waiting a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Whats the best or easiest way to get treasure keys?

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Whats the best or easiest way to get treasure keys?

First queen bounty a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The small chests in the treasure room are the best for me. :)

Quiet in here today.

So I may as well complain about the match making in IB. Twice today got out into a team of five. Only for another to drop out immediately. Makes it impossible to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Quiet in here today.

So I may as well complain about the match making in IB. Twice today got out into a team of five. Only for another to drop out immediately. Makes it impossible to win.

I am with you man... stopped playing it as soon as I reached rank 5 as there are no interesting weapons dropping this week for me.

However, lucky me during one of those last games another gally dropped! thats 6 in total, one per character, best thing is that now I dont need to do Crota/VoG etc unless I feel like doing it! it was the only reason I was doing them... that and weapon parts/shards

If i buy the iron banner emblem, shader and gear does it count for the next IB event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

If i buy the iron banner emblem, shader and gear does it count for the next IB event

Yes... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just had the game of my life and still lost :(

HMujSyv.png

puvTD5l.png

I know the feeling, I had a 10 kill streak in Iron Banner but i didnt have the bounty because i thought 'nah I won't bother with that, I've never gotten a 10 kill streak"

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Stinking up a storm in IB with my titan no idea why as I had no issues with my warlock or my hunter :S Guess I'll just get the etheric light tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Does any one know how to fake brain surgery need to get fate of all fools for my grimore OCD
    http://destinystatus.com/psn/noobzerker28/grimoire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know the feeling, I had a 10 kill streak in Iron Banner but i didnt have the bounty because i thought 'nah I won't bother with that, I've never gotten a 10 kill streak"

just added the pics there, pics a bit big on the desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Decent few games with (and against) the crew here over the last few days. Iron Bannered out of it now.

I'm 180 points short of Rank 3 on my Alt character. So I should get Rank 3 after a win or at least 1 Bounty.

I don't think it would be possible to get to Rank 5 tonight though. I'd have at most 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,892 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm 180 points short of Rank 3 on my Alt character. So I should get Rank 3 after a win or at least 1 Bounty.

I don't think it would be possible to get to Rank 5 tonight though. I'd have at most 2 hours.

If you get the full double rep bonus all the way to 5 (I got it on one character, but not the other) you would get 664 points for a standard bounty and 1328 for the 10 kill/assist one.

So, if you were to play 5 games (for example) and get the capture bounty, the heavy weapon bounty and the experience bounty, along with the 10kill/assist bounty you would get 3320 points from bounties - meaning you'd need to make up 1660 points - which is the rep from 5 wins.

So, if you get full double rep, 5 wins and 4 bounties (inc 10 assist/kill) should get you to level 5.

I really don't know how that double rep bonus works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Tough weekend in the Iron Banner!
    Some very laggy matches, made it very difficult to play.

Had a few good games and will probably finish ranking my Hunter and Warlock to 5, but I'm not bothered about starting my Titan.

• Advertisement

as simply a matter of interest, can anyone confirm the IB double rep stuff for me?

I got my Warlock to rank 5.
    For my titan I got to rank 4 with double rep, but from 4 to 5 was standard rep.
    For my hunter I got the double rep all the way to getting rank 5.

Should it not fully bonus your second alt, and only the third when you are rank 5 on the previous two?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

as simply a matter of interest, can anyone confirm the IB double rep stuff for me?

Should it not fully bonus your second alt, and only the third when you are rank 5 on the previous two?

On the last IB I got one character to 5 and another to 3 within a few hours on the Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That sounds like a bug
    ALTERNATIVE CHARACTER BUFF
    This is used to help your 2nd and 3rd characters 'catch up' with the character you ranked up in IB 1st.
    The Catch Up buff works passively and automatically
    It accounts for a 100% Increase in Bonus to REP earned
    For it to work, your 1st character must be AT LEAST Rank 2 and your 2nd (and/or 3rd) Character must be AT LEAST Rank 1
    There is a Power Levelling Advice table towards the bottom of this post

Cormac... wrote: »
    That sounds like a bug

Happened last time around too - my second character didn't get the full buff after rank 4. Didn't push the 3rd after rank three last time. Would seem odd to bug me twice in the same way 4 weeks apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Decent few games with (and against) the crew here over the last few days. Iron Bannered out of it now.

Yeah, that match against you guys was hilariously bad for us. We all just took our foot off the pedal at the very end and were waiting on someone else to deliver the final kill. Derp!! :confused:

Got Radegast Fury as a drop over the weekend. Happy days! I should easily get to Rank 5 on my Warlock this evening, and also need that PoE Titan helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

have gotten two characters to level 3 IB Rank. Gonna get the 3rd guy to lvl 3 today as well and then that should give me enough etheric light to get all my characters to lvl 34 and maybe have some left to ascend a few weapons.

Yeah, that match against you guys was hilariously bad for us. We all just took our foot off the pedal at the very end and were waiting on someone else to deliver the final kill. Derp!! :confused:

Got Radegast Fury as a drop over the weekend. Happy days! I should easily get to Rank 5 on my Warlock this evening, and also need that PoE Titan helmet.

I'll be on for both of those tonight Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Is exclusion zone still the best way to grind glimmer?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is exclusion zone still the best way to grind glimmer?

You can trade shards to the speaker for 250 a pop, but if you have none then yeah it's still exclusion zone or the gatekeeper checkpoint in the VoG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Happened last time around too - my second character didn't get the full buff after rank 4. Didn't push the 3rd after rank three last time. Would seem odd to bug me twice in the same way 4 weeks apart.

Did you do the Glitch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement