Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,892 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Did you do the Glitch?

This time yes, previous time no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This time yes, previous time no.

Might be related to that so, I dunno,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Got 2 characters to rank 4, should get them to 5 easily enough today. 3rd character is languishing away on rank 0 but i will probably get it to 3 as well.

Also got the pocket infinity bounty while handing in IB bounties, the feeling when I could finally dismantle those ****ing fusion rifles I've been carrying around since before Christmas was orgasmic.

And that's all 3 to rank 5. Just need some pansy red booties to get my hunter and titan to 34.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Been away from the game for over a week so logged on just to do some bounties to remember how to play the game! :pac:

Handed them in and got the bounty for Thorn, happy days! Any suggestions on where to find a void weapon though? Don't have any it seems.

Will be on later to do some PoE 32 if anyone fancies it.

Bloody love this game. :)

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Been away from the game for over a week so logged on just to do some bounties to remember how to play the game! :pac:

Handed them in and got the bounty for Thorn, happy days! Any suggestions on where to find a void weapon though? Don't have any it seems.

Ha, you can't avoid the Crucible now!!!

Though if I was you, I'd REALLY try get that bounty done today or at a least but a dent in it cause all the "Hardcore/Try-Hard/Good" PvP players will be in either Trials or Iron Banner

Atheons Epilogue (From Normal or Hard VoG)
    Word of Crota (Crota Hard Mode)

Buy a good Shotty or Fusion Rifle and Rocket and re-roll them until you get Void and decent PvP perks

Here's the steps required
    • Complete The Summoning Pits on the Moon.
    • Earn 500 points by killing Hive enemies on the Moon.
    • A normal enemy is worth 1 point, a Major is worth 20, and an Ultra is worth 50.
    • Use Void Damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible. Death will slow your progress.
    • Requires 500 points. 5 points are gained per kill, 2 lost per death (meaning that progress is made as long as the average ratio of void kills to deaths is sustained above 0.4).
    • Kills must be made with a weapon or skill that does Void damage. Assists do not count.
    • Obtain an Infusion of Light from The Speaker.
    • This will cost one Mote of Light.
    • Talk to Ikora Rey.
    • Kill Xyor, the Unwed.
    • Xyor is found in a level 26 instance of The Summoning Pits that is only available while this phase of the bounty is active. The Epic modifier is enabled, and matchmaking is not used.
    • Phogoth must be damaged enough to trigger waves of enemies but not killed until Xyor appears. She is included in the enemies dropped by the third Tombship.
    • Return to The Speaker to claim Thorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You don't have any void weapons at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If you have a Void Walker he has a pretty nasty void grenade - punch might do void damage. The Defender Titan also has a void grenade.

I love the Truth for that leg of the bounty. It's just insane in PvP. Next best is probably Corrective Measures MG from the VoG.

If you don't have any Void, like Cormac said, buy a shotgun and roll it void.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I did it with corrective measure and praedyth's revenge on my hunter. Any void special and heavy combo should get you there fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

The first time I did that bounty I used a void fusion rifle and a machine gun on my Voidwalker. It took some time. I started the bounty again recently (who doesn't want 2 Thorns?!!?) and I got through it much more quickly using Word of Crota, a void shotty and Truth. It helps if you use a void character subclass, and make sure you play very conservatively with heavy ammo.

There are not a lot of void primaries to use. Word drops from Crota hard, a void auto rifle drops in VoG hard and if you are lucky enough to get to the Lighthouse, you could get a void primary there.

• Advertisement

FYI guys, he has like none of those things, just a bare bones hunter ya see:

http://destinystatus.com/psn/usagi_san

Aye, zero void weapons. Could have sworn I had one but it must've been a green or blue ages ago that I've since dismantled. Ah I'm just delighted to get the bounty, will take me a fair while to get the gun but that's cool. Need to get that Variks helm to move closer to lvl34 too.

When you say buy a shotgun - do you mean from the gunsmith or somewhere else?

Aye, zero void weapons. Could have sworn I had one but it must've been a green or blue ages ago that I've since dismantled. Ah I'm just delighted to get the bounty, will take me a fair while to get the gun but that's cool. Need to get that Variks helm to move closer to lvl34 too.

Buy it from the Vanguard dude in the Shipyard or one of the factions if you have crucible marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Ha, you can't avoid the Crucible now!!!

Though if I was you, I'd REALLY try get that bounty done today or at a least but a dent in it cause all the "Hardcore/Try-Hard/Good" PvP players will be in either Trials or Iron Banner

Atheons Epilogue (From Normal or Hard VoG)
    Word of Crota (Crota Hard Mode)

Buy a good Shotty or Fusion Rifle and Rocket and re-roll them until you get Void and decent PvP perks

Here's the steps required

Really need Atheons epilogue. Finding this impossible with void fusion and rocket launcher only. I'm generally able to stay just above 1 when on form in crucible but need a primary void weapon. Don't have the skills for secondary and heavy only.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Buy it from the Vangaurd dude in the Shipyard or one of the factions if you have crucible marks.

I'd say he should buy the Give/Take Equation as Vanguard is all he's levelled up at all.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Really need Atheons epilogue. Finding this impossible with void fusion and rocket launcher only. I'm generally able to stay just above 1 when on form in crucible but need a primary void weapon. Don't have the skills for secondary and heavy only.

You need to play very conservatively initially - don't rush control points, hang back on routes to and from them and hit people as they run past. Also camp near the heavy spawns. Priority is not dying, rather than killing people.

Isn't the Give / Take Equation a fusion? Are they any good anymore in PvP since the nerf?
    First time I did the Thorn Bounty I used either a Light Beware or Plug. This was a time when fusions were fusions, the game gave you ammo for them and shotguns couldn't kill you from miles away. Fusions were great.

Isn't the Give / Take Equation a fusion. Are they any good anymore in PvP since the nerf?
    First time I did the Thorn Bounty I used either a Light Beware of Plug. This was a time when fusions were fusions, the game gave you ammo for them and shotguns couldn't kill you from miles away. Fusions were great.

They don't have the range they used to but still handy enough if you are used to them. Just keep away from shotty range as most people are running them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Blue weapons are fine for regular crucible so if ou can get blue void weapons you'll be grand.
    eggy81 wrote: »

Use a machine gun instead of rockets, you can get a lot more kills if you play conservatively.

I think sniper is a good way to go too as with a shotty or fusion you'll be in close quaters more so will die more.

Isn't the Give / Take Equation a fusion? Are they any good anymore in PvP since the nerf?
    First time I did the Thorn Bounty I used either a Light Beware or Plug. This was a time when fusions were fusions, the game gave you ammo for them and shotguns couldn't kill you from miles away. Fusions were great.

Vanguard doesn't have a Shotty for sale though.... or a Rocket Launcher unfortunately and he has no rank elsewhere

• Advertisement

Vanguard doesn't have a Shotty for sale though.... or a Rocket Launcher unfortunately and he has no rank elsewhere

I'll start getting the Crucible rank up so. :)

Get some more coins and maybe Xur will have something decent some wkend too.

Actually, the armour & weapon cores you earn from PoE - do they carry over after the reset or do you have to spend them within the week?

Actually, the armour & weapon cores you earn from PoE - do they carry over after the reset or do you have to spend them within the week?

They carry over.

That would be best

I wouldn't hold my breath, there's only 1 void exotic weapon in the game and he has a 7% chance of selling it

That would be best

I wouldn't hold my breath, there's only 1 void exotic weapon in the game and he has a 7% chance of selling it

Maybe push him through crota? Might be the quickest way to get something -swordbreaker on nomal or WOC on hard? Buying something from the gunsmith would probably do for normal crucible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,892 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That would be best

I would say he'd be best off just playing a load of crucible.

Firstly, it will get him good at crucible for when he goes to attack the thorn bounty properly.

Secondly, he can starting getting crucible marks and leveling up crucible or factions.

thirdly, weapon drops are generally good in crucible, so if he can get himself a legendary shotgun or rocket launcher, then look to roll them into void weapons if needed with the gunsmith.

Maybe push him through crota? Might be the quickest way to get something -swordbreaker on nomal or WOC on hard? Buying something from the gunsmith would probably do for normal crucible though.

Yeah good point, do a Quick VoG Hard and CE hard and there's 5 viable weapons there (Swordbreaker, AE, Praedyths, Corrective Measure, WoC) that can drop.

Throw up a message on Chat Andrew, I have band practice and Gothams criminal underworld to deal with so probably wont be on.

You could get a run in tonight before the resent and a run tomorrow and be laughing all the way to the Void-Weapons-Bank by midnight tomorrow
    I would say he'd be best off just playing a load of crucible.

Firstly, it will get him good at crucible for when he goes to attack the thorn bounty properly.

Secondly, he can starting getting crucible marks and leveling up crucible or factions.

thirdly, weapon drops are generally good in crucible, so if he can get himself a legendary shotgun or rocket launcher, then look to roll them into void weapons if needed with the gunsmith.

Sure I know, I've been saying it to him since he hit level 20 but he still had outstanding PvE business to be fair

Wasn't on pc so wanted to wait till i had a keyboard in front of me to reply in detail.
    Bohrio wrote: »
    Much as I agreed on your previous comments you are totally wrong here

PoE 28 is not easy, is a joke, 32 34 and 35 are easy enough if you find a good team. But they are not anyway similar to PoE28 nor even similar in difficulty, starting from the bosses. For instance, you can complete PoE 28 with a fireteam of you and 2 blind monkeys but you will not be able to do this with a PoE 35, or probably this weeks 34.

POE 28 is easy, yes but 32 and 34 are mechanically very very similar - 35 is hard as it introduces a mechanic you do need co-ordination for and its also just harder due to bungies lazy level system.

As always i can easily complete this content using LFG, no reason to have to go outside the game to form a team.
    The question here is not that you are not good enough to do it, but that your team mates might not be at the same level therefore this will affect the end result.
    Surely thats a call i can make myself - if i wish to roll that dice or not it up to me. I don't need bungie deciding for me if i can attempt content with randoms.
    Not sure what you mean but cheesing crota though, there is no cheesing involved when you solo it.

I dont understand also how you can say Crota is easy when you have never played it?

Trust me, the first time I did crota was nothing but easy!!

In fact, the reason why I solo crota is because not long ago after soloing crota for a few weeks I decided to join a team of randoms in LFG who had never completed it before, 2 of them had no mic and another one didnt speak english, well bad idea, after 1.30 minutes I left the fireteam (takes me 25 minutes to solo it)... problem were people randomly grabbing the sword to kill thralls, or dying constantly, not shooting at crota etc...

Abyss jump and bridge jump seem cheesy to me, dead zones where no one shoots you in crota room also seem cheesy.

I didnt say i havent run raids etc btw - i just said i'd like the game to matchmake for me as i would find it easier.
    Nightfall are the same thing and they are much more difficult (in general) than the weeklys, If we compare the experience to the weekly well it could end up being a horrible experience as well (although sometimes I do get to play with proper teammates). Last time I remember starting a weekly and getting paired up with 2 randoms, the spend the first 15 minutes colliding their bikes against each other... after 15 minutes (I was just there to get cabal major kills) they decided to use their bikes to kill psions, 5 minutes later they realized that they could use the big bikes at the entrance of the base, so back to square one...

I had nothing to do so I went on my lunch, when I came back (just out of curiosity) the 2 guys were still there with their bikes having the time of their life... they were obviously trolling but still, you could get the same people in the nightfall!

Never had that myself - think I have had 1 afker in weeklies that i can recall anyway. Easily solved with either a proper reporting system or bungie properly checking for afkers.

Nightfalls don't really have any exciting changes to the strikes apart from burns - no reason to not have these matchmade

As always i can easily complete this content using LFG, no reason to have to go outside the game to form a team.
    And Trials well as I explained it before it would basically be a bad idea as it would my much easier to get to the lighthouse and it will also not be so much of a challenge for other players...

Of all of these ToO is the only one I would not add matchmaking to, the others I dont care, as I know that, even with matchmaking, people will still use sites such as LFG if they want to complete it.

As always i can easily complete this content using LFG, no reason to have to go outside the game to form a team. Game already matchmakes normal crucible to pair pre-mades against each if you are worried about it becoming too easy just tweak that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

08aGzo1.jpg

Loot drop from bungie in time for bungie day :D

Got my titan to rank 3 in IB, I was still stinking up a storm today but not as bad as lastnight

wexdevil wrote: »
    Loot drop from bungie in time for bungie day :D

Shards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Wasn't on pc so wanted to wait till i had a keyboard in front of me to reply in detail.

POE 28 is easy, yes but 32 and 34 are mechanically very very similar - 35 is hard as it introduces a mechanic you do need co-ordination for and its also just harder due to bungies lazy level system.

Surely thats a call i can make myself - if i wish to roll that dice or not it up to me. I don't need bungie deciding for me if i can attempt content with randoms.

Abyss jump and bridge jump seem cheesy to me, dead zones where no one shoots you in crota room also seem cheesy.

I didnt say i havent run raids etc btw - i just said i'd like the game to matchmake for me as i would find it easier.

Never had that myself - think I have had 1 afker in weeklies that i can recall anyway. Easily solved with either a proper reporting system or bungie properly checking for afkers.

Nightfalls don't really have any exciting changes to the strikes apart from burns - no reason to not have these matchmade

As always i can easily complete this content using LFG, no reason to have to go outside the game to form a team. Game already matchmakes normal crucible to pair pre-mades against each if you are worried about it becoming too easy just tweak that.

Mechanically all PoEs are similar, the bosses on PoE 32/34 require in some cases good coordination/team talk.

I think you are missing my point, I dont mind if they introduce matchmaking in all game types (except ToO of couse), I do know or suspect that when they do, people will not be able to complete most of this activities, starting with Raids, and Skolas, likely some PoEs.

IMO it just wouldnt work and it will deteriorate the game experience... but that is just my opinion of course! Although I think bungie think the same.

Nightfalls are different to weeklys, enemies are harder to kill, have shields, etc There is also no respawn! meaning that once everyone is dead the teamwill be disolved and you will go bck to orbit

Another thing I agree with you is that you shouldnt need to go outside the game to find people, like we said, a place in the tower were you could look for players would be perfect

Crota's bridge jump is the only cheese (if you can call it a cheese), and it is the only way to go across without a 3 men team, the rest can be done solo without needing to hide etc. There is no need to hide in CE.

Sorry forgot to mention ToO. There is no way to tweak this, what are you gonna do, pair good players against bad players? (not sure how are you gonna determined this though) so easy ticket to the light house for the good players...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement