Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Cormac... wrote: »
    Not particularly, unless you're short on decent legendary primaries

I have no legendary primary. Level 25 Titan who only gets to pump in between 6-10 hours a week.
    I'm working my way through aeris and the strike playlists. Tried the level 30 archon priest daily yesterday and kept getting him down to 3/4 dead but just couldn't finish it. Tried 4 times. Same thing each time.
    Have the ldr5001 thank god. It digs me out of so many holes. Love it. But have known nothing better yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

eggy81 wrote: »
    I have no legendary primary. Level 25 Titan who only gets to pump in between 6-10 hours a week.
    I'm working my way through aeris and the strike playlists. Tried the level 30 archon priest daily yesterday and kept getting him down to 3/4 dead but just couldn't finish it. Tried 4 times. Same thing each time.
    Have the ldr5001 thank god. It digs me out of so many holes. Love it. But have known nothing better yet.

Well in that case go to the 1st moon mission and when it goes "we've woken the hive" kill everything but 1 enemy, and then let him kill you, rinse and repeat, Husk will be upgraded in about 8 cycles provided you have the required piece from Eris

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Are you in the clan? If not check out mine and Cormac's sig's. Join the clan, once accepted, set to either PS or Xbox. If on PS, add Cormac as friend and he can add you to our PSN chat channels where most organisation is run (Strikes Raids PvP). Then just start adding others. Whats your PSN/GT?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

xbone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

I'm on ps4
    Psn is dalglish86

Cheers. I'll log on on laptop later and check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xbone?

Are you on Xbox one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Is it worth trying to upgrade even to legendary.

I will be honest with you, as a legendary is not really very good, however, I really enjoy playing with it as my exotic. Just did the raid on hard with it and found it quite good in general.

I dunno but i like it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cormac... wrote: »

@The40Watt, I'll be bringing my mate through the VoG Hard Mode tomorrow evening if you wanna join us in hope of getting an Arc primary

That would be great. I've done HM before but depends on the time. If you see me online send an invite. If I have the TV and not on the VITA I'll join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Lvl 2 Warlock seeks high lvl guardian for friendship and maybe more.

Interested in pleasant strolls through the ruins of the Cosmodrome and the Moon, evasive sparrow racing and watching said Guardian brutally destroy all enemies in immediate vicinity, especially bosses in as short a time as possible.

Open to new experiences and willing to meet more than one guardian at a time, 2 to start and depending on how things go, maybe upto 5 at one time.

Dancing not necessary but encouraged.

Interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So I picked up Sunbreakers for my Warlock. Pity Don't Touch Me came up again as I got them for my Hunter last week. Also picked up Plan C ... I'd something like 55 strange coins to use, so thought - why not.

I've lashed through a few bounties with it this afternoon and it's not bad. Different beast to Pocket Infinity, which is basically a close range killer in PvE or PvP. Better range than Murmur with a bit more damage (but longer charge time compared to solar Murmur, at least on the vanilla Plan C). I could see this being useful though ... I might gift it to the Warlock and keep PI with the Hunter.

Also picked up the engram and rolled No Backup Plans for my fat ass Titan. Which is good as I'd previously stripped the Titan for shards and I'm only now grinding it back up to level 30. The one thing I'm missing - decent gauntlets (currently using a rare/blue set, everything else being legendary level). Nice.

Not the greatest Xur day ever - but I'll take any one that doesn't try to get us to buy No Land Beyond again!

• Advertisement

Anyone on for a raid this evening on X1? I'll be online from around 8 if anyone needs raid fodder. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you on Xbox one ?

Yes indeedy - thiscostatenner
    So I picked up Sunbreakers for my Warlock. Pity Don't Touch Me came up again as I got them for my Hunter last week. Also picked up Plan C ... I'd something like 55 strange coins to use, so thought - why not.

This weeks DTM is way better than last weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Anyone on for a raid this evening on X1? I'll be online from around 8 if anyone needs raid fodder. :)

Yes. I'll be on with 2 buddies for the Nightfall and Weekly first. I'll message you when we're finished.

Yes indeedy - thiscostatenner

This weeks DTM is way better than last weeks though.

I think I added you during the week actually.

Merry what raid are ye planning on doing ?

So this is been happening more and more recently, crota will stand up quickly and stab me even though my last hit was a second before his shields would go up.. so my question is, am I missing something?

When this happens I just have to give the swordbeaer duties to someone else...

I have also seen him killing me while invisible, disappearing and teleporting to the other side, enraging if we dont pick up the sword in time, the sword disappearing, etc etc

Very annoying, got worse in the last week or two

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    So this is been happening more and more recently, crota will stand up quickly and stab me even though my last hit was a second before his shields would go up.. so my question is, am I missing something?

When this happens I just have to give the swordbeaer duties to someone else...

I have also seen him killing me while invisible, disappearing and teleporting to the other side, enraging if we dont pick up the sword in time, the sword disappearing, etc etc

Very annoying, got worse in the last week or two

That's just lag there I'd say, you should have had loads of time to get away in that instance, although I'd always jump and slash the sword to propel myself away that bit quicker but he definitely got up too quick there.

I think I added you during the week actually.

Merry what raid are ye planning on doing ?

I'm easy - either works for me. I've got the Crota HM checkpoint on my Hunter, but otherwise I haven't run either since the weekly reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Start CE on your own if you're going to be swordbearer, then get everyone to join, ensures you're host. Looks to me like you should have gotten away easily there, never had that issue myself.

Does anybody else's R2 bug out during the sword hitting? Mine refuses to hit 3/4 in a row without stopping for a second or two, its ridiculous. Was a nightmare for the first couple of days of HM, couldn't figure out what was going wrong til I flipped my R1/L1 to R2/L2. Now I have to change every time I sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I'll be on haven't done anything crota this week , won't be on till about 9.30 though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Start CE on your own if you're going to be swordbearer, then get everyone to join, ensures you're host. Looks to me like you should have gotten away easily there, never had that issue myself.

Does anybody else's R2 bug out during the sword hitting? Mine refuses to hit 3/4 in a row without stopping for a second or two, its ridiculous. Was a nightmare for the first couple of days of HM, couldn't figure out what was going wrong til I flipped my R1/L1 to R2/L2. Now I have to change every time I sword.

I've never had that, do you have up held on your left analogue? Seems to swing a bit quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've never had that, do you have up held on your left analogue? Seems to swing a bit quicker.

Yep, I complete it no bother when I switch my R1 button to do the smash, its 100% the R2 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone up for doing the weekly heroic PS4?

AdamD wrote: »

Yes I had that happening to me today as well.

We did that, that video was taken after we tried leaving and me starting it on my own.

Made a difference but I still couldnt get the timing right, remi had to take over with his warlock, impressive stuff!

Anyone up for doing the weekly heroic PS4?

I have to do it... when are you thinking of doing it?

I'm easy - either works for me. I've got the Crota HM checkpoint on my Hunter, but otherwise I haven't run either since the weekly reset.

I've a crota HM CP as well. Wouldn't mind running normal mode just for a bit of a laugh.

I'm easy though and don't mind what we run.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've a crota HM CP as well. Wouldn't mind running normal mode just for a bit of a laugh.

I'm easy though and don't mind what we run.

I'd like a run at CE Normal. Need armour and shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bohrio wrote: »
    I have to do it... when are you thinking of doing it?

whenever. I'm free most of the night..add me: calvinleong

I'd like a run at CE Normal. Need armour and shards.

Sure we can run that so. I'll be on in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So I need 2500 glimmer, what's the quickest way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

weiland79 wrote: »
    So I need 2500 glimmer, what's the quickest way?

Exclusion Zone on any heroic level. Pop a resupply code, stay at first checkpoint and wipe on last enemy. Should net you 25-37 glimmer per kill, and should be able to do 5-6 repititions before renewing the resupply code. Should net you about 1800-2000 glimmer in 10 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement