Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

So was the big surprise for the year 1 guardians an emblem? Seems like there was a lot of build up for nothing really...

Agreed. The emblems are next to useless and add NOTHING to the gameplay. I don't see why people were getting excited about this (not here, but on Reddit).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where/when do you get the emblem? I had all the triumphs already done but there was nothing in the post master or special deliveries. Guess we don't get it until the timer runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Agreed. The emblems are next to useless and add NOTHING to the gameplay. I don't see why people were getting excited about this (not here, but on Reddit).

It appeals to people who want to have everything. I mean I'm not that bothered but even I looked at it and thought "Feck I'm going to have to do Skolaris"

Mick I think it drops in September sometime.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah right, that makes sense I suppose.

As an aside, I'm genuinely shocked at how many of you lads on playstation haven't beaten Skola-osis yet, I thought ye were supposed to be the hardcore side of the clan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Mickeroo wrote: »

As an aside, I'm genuinely shocked at how many of you lads on playstation haven't beaten Skola-osis yet, I thought ye were supposed to be the hardcore side of the clan :P

ah come on now. I honnestly couldn't be bothered. have to do it now.

• Advertisement

ah come on now. I honnestly couldn't be bothered. have to do it now.

It's a fair bit easier now since they stopped putting elemental burns on him and the mobs only spawn when his health hits certain points so you can clear them out (though it takes longer funnily enough). In fairness, I see where you're coming from, I beat him every week up until two weeks ago when I went away on holidays and it isn't a lot of fun.

Just because we play a lot doesn't mean we're any good :)

Just haven't been that interested. When it came out first a few guys I know spent a whole weekend trying to get it done. I was in the party chat with them and it didn't sound like fun. By day 3 they were at each other's throats. Got it done and it all calmed down. I tried it a couple of weeks later and got to the end boss no problem. Had a few of fails and then one of the "Veterans" made a comment that I took exception to. Kind of kicked off and I haven't bothered with it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I thought ye were supposed to be the hardcore side of the clan :P

Crota Hard mode burned us all pretty hard, plus we adopted to PvP a bit earlier than you guys (I think, anecdotally from reading here) so we're more inclined to got for Control etc, a lot of the more Hardcore players on PS4 aren't necessarily posters here though.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was in the party chat with them and it didn't sound like fun. By day 3 they were at each other's throats.

1,000% This
    Had a few of fails and then one of the "Veterans" made a comment that I took exception to. Kind of kicked off and I haven't bothered with it since.

We never have fights in the Boards clan....... just saying..... well unless you count me and Sniper..... but that's more like an Archer/Lana type argument :D

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Triumphs/254/6163981

Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I just have the Golden chests to do. Didn't realize that I actually got so many crucible games done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Triumphs/254/6470098
    More PS Skolas wrecking, looks like golden chest Saturday.

Anyone know what this Artifact kills on my Hunter refer to? They register kills in Crucible under abilities but only on my Hunter, link below so just scroll down the page.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018435268596/2305843009252938600#context=crucible

dudeeile wrote: »
    Anyone know what this Artifact kills on my Hunter refer to? They register kills in Crucible under abilities but only on my Hunter, link below so just scroll down the page.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018435268596/2305843009252938600#context=crucible

Golden Gun?

Throwing knife maybe?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Golden Gun?

It's got to be as I'm not using bladedancer that often but why it just isn't listed under super is beyond me.
    Throwing knife maybe?

Nah think that's under melee.

It's got to be as I'm not using bladedancer that often but why it just isn't listed under super is beyond me.

Probably cause it's a bunch of numerous projectiles so it behaves slightly differently to others so they had to program it to be recorded differently

It could be kills from GG combustion and the BD AoE attacks maybe?

It could be kills from GG combustion and the BD AoE attacks maybe?

I wouldn't say so as his actual "Super" kills a like 1/4 as many, plus I know from playing IB he's mainly GG as opposed to BD

Actually looking at my own stats, I think it might be that a straight up GG kill counts as artifacts but a combustion kill counts as a super kill. I have more super kills over all than artifacts but I mainly used to run BD, but since trials came out I've gone back to GG and in the last month I've more artifact kills than super.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Like around single digits, say 7-9 on both stats if it's split or around 12-15 if it's just one I think

It's a pain, that it doesn't tell you before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

wes wrote: »
    I just have the Golden chests to do. Didn't realize that I actually got so many crucible games done.

I was wondering whether that was accurate - says I've won 42 crucible matches. Didn't even think I'd played that many!

After doing the weekly nightfall and VoG last night I've gotten a void primary and rerolled a shotgun to void too, happy days. Off I go to crucible to start the 3rd leg of the Thorn bounty, will stick to Control and see how I get on.

If there's any PS4 folks that fancy doing PoE32 at some stage that would be cool. The legs from Variks will get me to lvl 34. :)

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    It's a pain, that it doesn't tell you before.

Do a before and after and let us know... I'll run it though the ole calculator.... mmmmm sweet Reddit upvotes here I come :P
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    After doing the weekly nightfall and VoG last night I've gotten a void primary and rerolled a shotgun to void too, happy days. Off I go to crucible to start the 3rd leg of the Thorn bounty, will stick to Control and see how I get on. )

A word of Advice, if you start your 1st.... say 20-30 games of Crucible rocking Atheons Epilogue, you're going to have a bad time... the thing is a water-gun.

When you get a bit used to Crucible, maybe try use it then to complete the bounty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I was wondering whether that was accurate - says I've won 42 crucible matches. Didn't even think I'd played that many!

I am wondering the same here, but apparently it is accurate.
    After doing the weekly nightfall and VoG last night I've gotten a void primary and rerolled a shotgun to void too, happy days. Off I go to crucible to start the 3rd leg of the Thorn bounty, will stick to Control and see how I get on.

Been doing that myself. The 2 void primaries are pretty terrible in crucible.

Probably cause it's a bunch of numerous projectiles so it behaves slightly differently to others so they had to program it to be recorded differently

Okay so now it's actually beginning to make sense.
    Actually looking at my own stats, I think it might be that a straight up GG kill counts as artifacts but a combustion kill counts as a super kill. I have more super kills over all than artifacts but I mainly used to run BD, but since trials came out I've gone back to GG and in the last month I've more artifact kills than super.

I GG all the way so from my own stats last month I have 45 with GG shots and 3 coming from combustion. Looking at it that's not a great percentage from combustion where people are bunched up, might look into changing this for a month and see how it goes. I have used bladebancer a couple of times but not at all in this last month IIRC.

I GG all the way so from my own stats last month I have 45 with GG shots and 3 coming from combustion. Looking at it that's not a great percentage from combustion where people are bunched up, might look into changing this for a month and see how it goes. I have used bladebancer a couple of times but not at all in this last month IIRC.

That must be it so. I think combustion kills are rare enough as it's usually not enough to down someone with full health and shield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

A word of Advice, if you start your 1st.... say 20-30 games of Crucible rocking Atheons Epilogue, you're going to have a bad time... the thing is a water-gun.

When you get a bit used to Crucible, maybe try use it then to complete the bounty

Would I be better off using the Shotgun? I guess I have to start somewhere though. :)

Also wondering if I should use this Etheric Light I've gotten from somewhere.

Would I be better off using the Shotgun? I guess I have to start somewhere though. :)

You won't have a lot of bullets for the shotgun is the only thing. You'll have to use the Epilogue. It's not a great gun but you'll get some kills with it just don't get too disheartned. TBH the void Heavy was a livesaver for me - you just rack up kills with an MG or Rocket Launcher anytime you get your hands on the ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I think the fact that Skolas is a huge pain in the ass, it has no re-playability value and there isn't the same craic as doing a raid has all lead to less people playing PoE week on week.

I've only completed it once and have no real want to try it again, I'd much rather run VoG or CE HM.

Also wondering if I should use this Etheric Light I've gotten from somewhere.

Hang onto it for now I'd say, you'll know when you will need it, if you don't need it now, wait till you have a weapon worth ascending

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

If there's any PS4 folks that fancy doing PoE32 at some stage that would be cool. The legs from Variks will get me to lvl 34. :)

I will be on later if you want to team up for some Control. Should make it easier to rack up kills and assists. PSN: CDB-Whoop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

So was the big surprise for the year 1 guardians an emblem? Seems like there was a lot of build up for nothing really...

Except to show off to those pesky September newcomers & their poxy quarter pounder with extra cheese & bacon edition.

Look at me I'm old skool. U mad bro?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement