Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I can see it now!

"LF2M Dreadnaught Raid, Must Have Year 1 Emblem"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Any piece of etheric light I threw into armour until I got all characters up to 34. I realise you can get 42 light armour from the PoE guy but I was wearing a lot of it in IB and my strength stat was almost 400, which wasn't very smart.

I've put some etheric light into a Vision, Fang of Ir Yut, Hunger of Crota, BTRD 41 and a pretty nasty Matador which was a lot of fun in IB.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cormac... wrote: »
    I can see it now!

"LF2M Dreadnaught Raid, Must Have Year 1 Emblem"

ppft must have shield of mythics!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Can't remember seeing this mentioned here, or by Bungie. The video showcases the 10 new legendary weapons available in TTK, and they all seem to have a Light Level?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm missing quite a few Golden Chests and I've yet to even attempt to kill Skolas.

I think I will try PoE this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Andrew76 wrote: »
    After doing the weekly nightfall and VoG last night I've gotten a void primary and rerolled a shotgun to void too, happy days. Off I go to crucible to start the 3rd leg of the Thorn bounty, will stick to Control and see how I get on.

Now that you have a void primary and secondary, most of your kills will count towards the bounty - which is a big help. So if you keep above a K/D ratio of .4 you are progressing the bounty.

Did somebody say MATCHMAKING IN END GAME ACTIVITES :pac:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3cjck3/weekly_heroic_cant_we_all_just_do_what_were/?sort=top

*runs*
    nevelator wrote: »
    Now that you have a void primary and secondary, most of your kills Assists will count towards the bounty - which is a big help.

FTFY :P

This isn't really Destiny related, but it could fit in with any of the Arc subclasses. (Maybe it's a real life Bladedancer blade?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hasn't happened to me much at all but i don't deny it does happen. It would be fairly easy for bungie to implement mechanics to deter this, like most other games have years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-reveals-whats-in-destiny-the-taken-king-dlc/1100-6428631/

Not sure if this has been posted already, but the video on the page is worth watching. Very interesting look at the 'delayed reward' system in Destiny and how it keeps people 'addicted' and willing to keep on paying for DLC

• Advertisement

Like around single digits, say 7-9 on both stats if it's split or around 12-15 if it's just one I think

Cheers. I keep forgetting to pay attention to it before ascending gear, is handy to figure that into my etheric usage while it is in short supply. A bit **** that they don't just show what the max is after ascending, instead of the old caps.

useless and add NOTHING to the gameplay.

This is a good thing. I support the giving out of the free cosmetic ****.
    Giving people some special armour or weapon, that does something no other similar gear does (or even just random free gear, nothing special at all) would just give people something to whine about. Although the criteria does allow for the matchmaking thing to brought up again (like it went away...)

Just had a few chests to track down for myself. Actually got matchmade into the Valus Ta'aurc strike with two guys that were just going for the chest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It seems my Destiny addiction hasn't gone un-noticed about the house with my youngest thinking he's a hunter, auto rifle and all (or should that be scout). :o

feQJAbt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sigh
    Players will be unable to sign into Destiny for planned maintenance at 4am PDT on Thursday, July 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Sigh

ok so this is now becoming a normal thing, few hours per week downtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone got any tips for the level 32 PoE this week? Its the vex minotaur boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Take a 365 full auto shotgun like Found Verdict. Hold onto it for getting free of the detainment field.

A celestial nighthawk helm for a hunter is alao very useful for getting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Stay together in a group on either the left or right side and make sure 1 of your team kills the white goblin before you get trapped in the detainment fields. Also preferably use a shotgun to break the shield. Other than that just keep sniping/rocketing him and he should die after 2-4 rounds of the detainment fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Title says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I watched that video last night before before going to bed. Very funny. Mr. Fruit is one of my favourite Destiny Youtubers.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Sigh
    Players will be unable to sign into Destiny for planned maintenance at 4am PDT on Thursday, July 9th.

4am PDT = 12 midday here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Stay together in a group on either the left or right side and make sure 1 of your team kills the white goblin before you get trapped in the detainment fields. Also preferably use a shotgun to break the shield. Other than that just keep sniping/rocketing him and he should die after 2-4 rounds of the detainment fields.

I did this for the first time last night with Optimus and dudeeile. Cheers again guys. It was eh an learning experience for me.

Good advice above on the shotgun. I think it broke the shields for me better than my hawkmoon which I surprised at.

Bunching up and sticking together seems to be fairly vital too.

Staying alive was half the battle for me anyway and being able to revive each other.

This got me some new boots last night bringing me to level 33 and a nice new legendary hand cannon (her mercy) too.

Felt bad getting the warlock legendary item in the nightfall with nocal and. gtroni. No warlock and probably won't have time/effort/patience to go that route. Cheers to you guys too for the help.

All in all a really enjoyable evening of destinying I must say and all without beer?!

That said I still couldn't shoot straight! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Beer might make you shoot straighter :D

Do not feel bad about getting exotic drops in nightfalls when the others don't - that is the random nature of the game. It has happened to us all. (And I already have that exotic on my warlock. ......)

Sigh

Sniper_Samurai, now complete with over 50% more sighing in his posts!
    DeSelby83 wrote: »

What I've done is have person focus on mobs for like 80% of the time, have another Dual wield shotguns (like me) or something similar and just focus on the eye and detainment fields, have the 3rd just constantly DPS the boss with help form the mob-guy right after the fields are down for like 10-15 seconds before they go back on mob duty.

If you miss the eye on a run, make sure to space yourselves out so your fields don't overlap

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This must be a reddit thing, as I have no idea what's going on.

Edit:
    Ok so. The Mighty Boosh. A show I could never get in to.

This must be a reddit thing, as I have no idea what's going on.

Edit:
    Ok so. The Mighty Boosh. A show I could never get in to.

You clearly never did enough drugs back in your day :pac:

I remember enjoying Season 1 cause it was so weird and different, by the time season 2 landed I'd kind of outgrown it and was like "this is some dumb s**t"

More re-posting

You clearly never did enough drugs back in your day :pac:

I remember enjoying Season 1 cause it was so weird and different, by the time season 2 landed I'd kind of outgrown it and was like "this is some dumb s**t"

Ah, my drug induced college years where over by the time Boosh hit the telly box. I was a respectable member of the community whose comedic preferences where of the wholesome kind (Only Fools, Last of the Summer Wine, Bottom)

Last of the Summer Wine

Oh, this isn't the last you're going to hear about this :pac:

• Advertisement

What's not to like about the escapades of the older generation in a sleepy little village, the brow beaten husband, Howard and Marina's cycling love trysts, the original Ross and Rachel "Will they Won't they" of Compo and Nora Batty. I'm tellin ya, they don't make em like they used to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement