Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You can earn 2 per week, per character.

1 armour core from the 32, 1 weapon core from the 34 and 1 of each from the 35.

Cheers, that explains that so.
    CianRyan wrote: »
    This thron bounty is driving me crazy!
    130/500 points on crucible.

Makes me wanna pull my hair out!

There's always someone worse off, like me! Started mine the other night, got to 15 points then back to zero. Going to leave it until I'm more familiar with pvp itself.
    Surely at this point they'll have to amend the stats on Thorn though kinda like what they did with Suros no?

That's what I was thinking, by the time I get it they'll have nerfed the fecking thing! Ironic that I'm getting slaughtered by the very gun I'm trying to get. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers, that explains that so.

There's always someone worse off, like me! Started mine the other night, got to 15 points then back to zero. Going to leave it until I'm more familiar with pvp itself.

That's what I was thinking, by the time I get it they'll have nerfed the fecking thing! Ironic that I'm getting slaughtered by the very gun I'm trying to get. :)

Not that I'm any good at pvp or pve for that matter but it is frustrating being killed over and over by thorn.

All weapons should be somewhat equal but thorn seems to be takin the piss a little.

Maybe I'm just jealous. I've got the bounty twice and deleted it twice because it looked like too much work!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Funny thing is, originally Thorn was ****, the community bitched and bitched that it should be one of the best guns in the game, so it got buffed, and there was much rejoicing. :o

A nerf would do it no harm now but I hope they don't make it so it's straight up crap (again) like the Suros. Some where in between is where it needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Funny thing is, originally Thorn was ****, the community bitched and bitched that it should be one of the best guns in the game, so it got buffed, and there was much rejoicing. :o

A nerf would do it no harm now but I hope they don't make it so it's straight up crap (again) like the Suros. Some where in between is where it needs to be.

I still maintain that if you reduce the DOT on thorn from 7 per tick to 5 per tick it will bring it back in line. Reducing the tick no longer allows for a two headshot kill but three instead.

I've no problem with the range on it but there needs to be a damage drop off at around 3/4 of its current range to around 1/2 or 3/4 of total damage at the drop off point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I still maintain that if you reduce the DOT on thorn from 7 per tick to 5 per tick it will bring it back in line. Reducing the tick no longer allows for a two headshot kill but three instead.

I've no problem with the range on it but there needs to be a damage drop off at around 3/4 of its current range to around 1/2 or 3/4 of total damage at the drop off point.

Does the range though not take away from people using scout rifles and to a certain degree even sniper rifles?

I remember at launch I used scout rifles quite a bit but then got halkmoon and now I don't use a whole lot else really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

haven't had much time to play this week but dipped in and out of pvp, what are the go-to guns at the moment?, my shadow price isn't getting the job done at all really- it must have been nerfed while I was taking a break form the game?, I'm having more luck with a blue engram scout rifle. just got the thorn bounty but thats going to be a grind to get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,886 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

haven't had much time to play this week but dipped in and out of pvp, what are the go-to guns at the moment?, my shadow price isn't getting the job done at all really- it must have been nerfed while I was taking a break form the game?, I'm having more luck with a blue engram scout rifle. just got the thorn bounty but thats going to be a grind to get that.

Any high impact hand cannon is probably your best bet, I reckon. Depends what weapons you have though - Red Death pulse rifle, for example, is one of the more dominant guns.

Does the range though not take away from people using scout rifles and to a certain degree even sniper rifles?

I remember at launch I used scout rifles quite a bit but then got halkmoon and now I don't use a whole lot else really.

Most people don't use scout rifles that much in PVP because a lot of the maps don't suit them. There are very few areas in the maps with mid to long sightlines. And with the option to have shortzoom scopes on the Snipers they are a more viable option the the SR with a two hit kill to the body.
    The map design favours Shotguns, AR, HC and and to a lessor extent FR and PR.
    If the damage drop off was introduced for Thorn this would basically reduce its effectiveness at range.
    I been mainly using Thorn for the last month or so and I've taken the range perk off and am using the stability one now instead. Its great for popping consecutive headshots quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Currently, the meta game in PvP is Thorn/TLW/Hawkmoon paired with a shotgun (Felwinters, Morgue)

Autorifles got hit a while back, damage and range nerf. I think they will rebuff at some stage as you see very little imagination in weapon loadout at the moment due to Handcannon (Thorn predominantly) superiority.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

have the shotguns gotten a buff? I've also notice that players are sliding a lot and oneshotting a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

have the shotguns gotten a buff? I've also notice that players are sliding a lot and oneshotting a fair bit.

Well, the current running joke, especially in relation to Felwinters, is it is now called the Felwinters Sniper. Some of the range perks give a huge boost (for shotty's) that allow you to one hit at a range normally outside a shotty's usefulness, particularly when LDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Any love for the VoC in PVP? The things a flecking beast (for a non handcannon)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

E1AD-vOeV8tt2A5kQHunQZy5k9escBNW-c1V1Ve_71B2=w957-h469-no

why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

You trolling again??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

^^You're a filthy liar Bohrio :P He's got purifier robes, eternal warrior, Crest of Alpha Lupi (hunter). Plan C, helmet engram.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Any love for the VoC in PVP? The things a flecking beast (for a non handcannon)

With auto fire it's the closest thing to a godd Suros around, I was using The Messenger from ToO a little earlier in the week though and it seems better, has a good bit more impact, does 71 damage on a crit so kills in three head shots. Much smaller mag is the downside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

^^You're a filthy liar Bohrio :P

With auto fire it's the closest thing to a godd Suros around, I was using The Messenger from ToO a little earlier in the week though and it seems better, has a good bit more impact, does 71 damage on a crit so kills in three head shots. Much smaller mag is the downside though.

hehehe

It was a retoric question, in no way I was making reference to his current stock!!!

I decided to move away from TLW and challenge myself a bit, so I am using pulse rifles at the minute, spare change is very effective and I am doing quite well with it.

Fulcrum hand cannon with last round and one in the chamber is pretty decent as well.

Yeah, full Auto actually increases RoF in a way the RoF bar does not represent, say a further 40% or so on top of what the RoF bar says.

It hits for 61 Critical and 41 Body shot at almost ALL ranges (cause it's a Scout), so it's about a 4-5 shot kill given players have between 185-215 health depending I think.

It's Max stability and Red Dot sight are a an absolute god-send to

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Sweet! Glad he has some new gear. Purifier Robes and Eternal Warrior will be purchased today. Only missing exotic armour piece now is Bones of Eao.

^^You're a filthy liar Bohrio :P He's got purifier robes, eternal warrior, Crest of Alpha Lupi (hunter). Plan C, helmet engram.

Have all the Armour but dam Xur teasing me with helmet engram's again after I spending 200+ notes last weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

For those struggling with the Crucible part of the Thorn bounty, once you can achieve a k/d of 0.7 or above in the crucible then you are better off playing your normal PVP game i.e. use whatever primary you have most success with.
    Equip a void shotty or fusion rifle and a void machine gun. Make sure you always get heavy ammo and get a few kills with your heavy weapon. Use your secondary weapon to get kills when you can.

I got my thorn bounty completed easily enough at a time when I was fairly rubbish at PVP - using a Fusion rifle. I had to sneak around and hide behind corners and get my kills that way. Picking up the heavy ammo and getting a few kills each time really sped up the process. By using a decent primary I was able to reduce the number of deaths I had. This way I made progress on about 3 out of every 4 games.
    I was dreading the crucible part of it - but got it completed handily enough in the end.
    Towards the end I did have to quit out of 1 or 2 games - no point being 3/4 of the way there and taking a massive hit to the points you have already required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Typical, Purifier Robes drop in the nightfall, then Xur sells them today. Time to throw motes at the engrams, still waiting for the Nighthawk.

"crosses fingers"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Me thinks Xur is just trolling me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I done the nightfall 3 times this week with randoms and in two games one person got a gallahorn.
    And out of three runs the two weeks before one person got one each week.

I got my Gally from a nightfall run. :P

PlainP wrote: »
    I got my Gally from a nightfall run. :P

I got my first one after 800 plus hours in a Level 28 POE.
    I'll never forget that moment :)

I got one while I was taking a piss...... genuinely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

A Blue Orb Gally?

B.O.G. - kind of appropriate!

Your willy isn't that powerful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Still waiting on gally to drop for me

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,886 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i remember that "FUK OFF WHAT? REALLY? ARE YOU SHTING ME? FUK OFF! YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS"

Good Destiny Times. I miss those riad group nights.... looking forward to bitching about the various ways to going about the Dreadnaught!

"Lads, can we not just try to actually do it.... this cheesing is taking an age!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is the purifier robes a better choice than the heart of praxis fire for a sunsinger warlock?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement