Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cormac... wrote: »
    I got one while I was taking a piss...... genuinely :)

En suite?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

nocal wrote: »
    A Blue Orb Gally?

B.O.G. - kind of appropriate!

It was back in the days when I had my Raid group and you had yours, and never would the 2 meet, it was like the Salt and Pepper gas in West Side Story or something :D
    i remember that "FUK OFF WHAT? REALLY? ARE YOU SHTING ME? FUK OFF! YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS"

Good Destiny Times. I miss those riad group nights.... looking forward to bitching about the various ways to going about the Dreadnaught!

"Lads, can we not just try to actually do it.... this cheesing is taking an age!"

I was always a champion of the lactose free ways :)
    PlainP wrote: »
    En suite?

I died after killing the Deathsinger (drunk) and was waiting for the 30 seconds to be allowed be revived while the lads were mopping up the mobs.
    Turns out in the minute or so I was gone they'd cleared the mobs and gotten the Deathsinger Drop.

Actually I was muted and mid-stream and heard Sniper sigh "Dreadhead got a Ghally", queue me unmuting and much shouting in disbelief.

Got my 2nd one from a random Purple engram which dropped on the floor during a weekly strike
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is the pacifier robes a better choice than the heart of praxis fire for a sunsinger warlock?

It's at least the same, if not better, definitely more helpful in PvP like NFs Raids etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got my first one after 800 plus hours in a Level 28 POE.
    I'll never forget that moment :)

neither myself and the bag... lol

Same as that time you got Black Hammer

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got my first gjally from a legendary engram the day TDB came out I think, I was so chuffed, must have been one of the first people to have a 331 version :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Got my 1 and only Gjallarhorn on a normal Crota run. It felt a bit anti-climatic at the time because it was late and I was waiting so long for it. But the following day when I started using it, I remember just staring at the thing in the menu and during gameplay thinking "Wow, that's awesome!". Looking forward to getting a second one so I can stop leaving it in the vault and swapping between characters.

Actually on a related note........ is anyone else having trouble with the Destiny Android app? I can log in, but all my characters and items have Classified in the description and I can't view anything. It's been like that for a few days.

• Advertisement

I haven't played since Sunday, that's got to be a personal best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Got my 1 and only Gjallarhorn on a normal Crota run. It felt a bit anti-climatic at the time because it was late and I was waiting so long for it. But the following day when I started using it, I remember just staring at the thing in the menu and during gameplay thinking "Wow, that's awesome!". Looking forward to getting a second one so I can stop leaving it in the vault and swapping between characters.

Actually on a related note........ is anyone else having trouble with the Destiny Android app? I can log in, but all my characters and items have Classified in the description and I can't view anything. It's been like that for a few days.

I think there was a few up dates to it over the last couple of days, maybe try an uninstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Prepare to laugh at me but has anyone else here every noticed a face in the clouds on the earth loading screen? I know it's probably a simple case of pareidolia but I can't unsee tigerman.hF9pEIA.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I think there was a few up dates to it over the last couple of days, maybe try an uninstall?

Thanks, that worked! I had signed out and back in but it was still doing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I haven't played since Sunday, that's got to be a personal best

You are missing nothing.

POE is boring. There I have said it. Partially the repetition, partially due to fireteams of 3 only. The amount of prison rounds I have done where people are pretty quiet and just shooting the mobs,mines, targets....usually leads to an unnecessary wipe or 2 on round 4 or 5 due to the lack of communication.
    Never thought i would say this but........I actually prefer doing IB on all 3 characters to build up my stash of etheric light than doing POE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,884 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You are missing nothing.

POE is boring. There I have said it. Partially the repetition, partially due to fireteams of 3 only. The amount of prison rounds I have done where people are pretty quiet and just shooting the mobs,mines, targets....usually leads to an unnecessary wipe or 2 on round 4 or 5 due to the lack of communication.
    Never thought i would say this but........I actually prefer doing IB on all 3 characters to build up my stash of etheric light than doing POE.
    agreed - no love of PoE here.

But I do still want to get lv35 done at least once and those last 5 golden chests...

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

agreed - no love of PoE here.

But I do still want to get lv35 done at least once and those last 5 golden chests...

Just pick the people you do POE 35 with carefully.

You could be spending a lot of time on the last round with them. You need to be able to work well together and stay alive.

Of course you could just heavy ammo glitch the first wave of mobs and then use your rocket launcher as your main weapon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've have to move out of my house for a few months while work is being done on it. So I don't think I'm going to get much time on Destiny over the next 2 or 3 months.

So the plan this weekend is to try and find a group to help me kill Skolas. I've yet to try it and I hear it's not much fun. But it is one of the last things I have left to do so might as well try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Didn't hear about that cheers. I need a vog hard clear and I am done.

And I am spent. No fatebringer though :(

For those struggling with the Crucible part of the Thorn bounty, once you can achieve a k/d of 0.7 or above in the crucible then you are better off playing your normal PVP game i.e. use whatever primary you have most success with.
    Equip a void shotty or fusion rifle and a void machine gun. Make sure you always get heavy ammo and get a few kills with your heavy weapon. Use your secondary weapon to get kills when you can.

I got my thorn bounty completed easily enough at a time when I was fairly rubbish at PVP - using a Fusion rifle. I had to sneak around and hide behind corners and get my kills that way. Picking up the heavy ammo and getting a few kills each time really sped up the process. By using a decent primary I was able to reduce the number of deaths I had. This way I made progress on about 3 out of every 4 games.
    I was dreading the crucible part of it - but got it completed handily enough in the end.
    Towards the end I did have to quit out of 1 or 2 games - no point being 3/4 of the way there and taking a massive hit to the points you have already required.

Agreed, if you aren't towards the top of the table after the first 2 minutes quit and go find an easier game imo.

QUIT???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No wonder it took you all so get used to the Crucible :pac:

While ye were busy finding soft lobbies I was getting boned time and time again by Lord Shaxx and his minions in a Trial by fire, now I'm like that grizzled ole vet in the corner who doesn't say much for most of the film, cause I seen things man.... horrible things

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Agreed, if you aren't towards the top of the table after the first 2 minutes quit and go find an easier game imo.

If you get Heavy Ammo and you're holding the Truth/Corrective Measures or some equally horrid void heavy you'll almost always do well in the bounty. Had disastrous starts and turned it round with the Truth.

I had the bounty at over 25O, forgot, started playing IB without void and lost the lot.

TBH the worst part is actually the last bit. Not that it's hard but you'll always find yourself thinking "it didn't take this long last time".

QUIT???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No wonder it took you all so get used to the Crucible :pac:

While ye were busy finding soft lobbies I was getting boned time and time again by Lord Shaxx and his minions in a Trial by fire, now I'm like that grizzled ole vet in the corner who doesn't say much for most of the film, cause I seen things man.... horrible things

Plenty of time to get boned when it doesnt impede your thorn progress:) Everyone has ****ty games, best to cut your losses early as it will hamper gettign the bounty done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yay, more bounty slots in Taken King and we no longer have to go back to the Tower/Reef to turn them in. Bounties and quests can also be tracked in the HUD.

Yay, more bounty slots in Taken King and we no longer have to go back to the Tower/Reef to turn them in. Bounties and quests can also be tracked in the HUD.

It will be great to just cash in a bounty without going to the Tower. Just simple little changes will make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I've have to move out of my house for a few months while work is being done on it. So I don't think I'm going to get much time on Destiny over the next 2 or 3 months.

So the plan this weekend is to try and find a group to help me kill Skolas. I've yet to try it and I hear it's not much fun. But it is one of the last things I have left to do so might as well try.

If you're on XB1 I will gladly help you run it.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    If you're on XB1 I will gladly help you run it.

I'll run it with you next time I'm on if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone run into an issue with certain golden chests not appearing/ registering? I have 4/5 on Venus, having checked all the spots.

Playing Skirmish with random people is just the stuff of nightmares. Played about 12-15 games today and won 2 I think. No one ever revives you and no one sticks together.

It has put me off playing this mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone run into an issue with certain golden chests not appearing/ registering? I have 4/5 on Venus, having checked all the spots.

Are you sure your on the right character ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you sure your on the right character ?

yea, only have the 1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yea, only have the 1

Where were you checking ? Sorry if its a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'll run it with you next time I'm on if you want.

Ah Ferrigan, once more unto the breach eh? How many times now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I've gotten the last few I was missing not too long ago. Everything registered fine. Just need Skolasticated Kelli for the emblem thingy

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Ah Ferrigan, once more unto the breach eh? How many times now?

Ha! It's getting quicker every time. I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement