Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hey guys, is there any further levels in "story mode" after level 18. The black garden, on Mars?
    Still don't have PS plus...

Nope..... not unless you have the expansion packs....

Vanilla Destiny without PS Plus is a rip off. Noone here will deny that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hey guys, is there any further levels in "story mode" after level 18. The black garden, on Mars?
    Still don't have PS plus...

No that's the end other than the DLC which gives a few extra story missions. Not that any of it makes much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Nope..... not unless you have the expansion packs....

Vanilla Destiny without PS Plus is a rip off. Noone here will deny that :pac:
    So is there a lot more to do when you have PS plus?

Yes
    Cormac's probably typing up a more extensive response.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Yes there is the infinite grind to take part in.

Weekly Strikes, nightfall strikes, Raids, crucible, Strikes playlist, Iron Banner,

• Advertisement

Did you already use your "Free 1 month of PS Plus code" that comes with the console?

Well not a "Lot" more. But the best stuff definitely.

Raids
    Nightfall Strikes
    6 Player Crucible
    Top Bantz
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yes
    Cormac's probably typing up a more extensive response.

My list making is going to $hite, Cal beat me to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

put in my first long session since buying the expansion passes, I was waiting for the mcgregor fight to start and managed to get some good drops in crucible ( a couple of legendary shotguns, a legendary scout rifle and also a set of legendary boots). this gave me a good jump from level 29 to 31, and I also knocked out Eris's story missions including the omnigul strike, gaining me the murmur fusion rifle.

a quick question on the house of wolves bounties - do those targets appear during story missions? I was roaming near the ember caves on venus looking for a target and nothing appeared, I did meet a group of guys with rocket launchers, that i was able to pick up and use after dispatching them, and saw a message saying "the wolves have scattered" - is that related?

I'll be in there tonight to do the nightfalls and weekly with you , their very handy this week

Did you already use your "Free 1 month of PS Plus code" that comes with the console?

:pac:

No I never did...
    As far as I was aware.there is only a 2day trial...
    But it looks like it is worth it, so it'll have to wait until pay day

• Registered Users Posts: 45,884 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thanks to the lads who finally helped me kill Skolas (Sniper and Fats)!

Did you kill Skolas yet Conovar?
    Maybe you could kill him with your 4th Horseman?

God I'm an insufferable prick. I need to twitch stream more

Ha, no.

Might see if anyone wants to carry me through it tonight. the other half is working nights so I have a free night for it.

Ha, no.

Might see if anyone wants to carry me through it tonight. the other half is working nights so I have a free night for it.

I could possibly bring my hunter in from about 7 pm. No carrying though - it is a 3 man/woman effort.

• Advertisement

actually not having PS plus makes it quite difficult to get exotics now I look at it. No NFs, Strikes, PoE, PVP or Raids. You're really relying on Xur and that's somewhere you don't want to be.
    Did I mention, I have a Gjhallahorn?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll be in there tonight to do the nightfalls and weekly with you , their very handy this week

Are you on Xbox ? Don't think I have added you.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    actually not having PS plus makes it quite difficult to get exotics now I look at it. No NFs, Strikes, PoE, PVP or Raids. You're really relying on Xur and that's somewhere you don't want to be.
    Did I mention, I have a Gjhallahorn?:D

Just the one? :D :rolleyes:

No I never did...
    As far as I was aware.there is only a 2day trial...
    But it looks like it is worth it, so it'll have to wait until pay day

Think I have a Free Month code, will see when I get home.

To put it in Context, Story mode is the area I've spent the least of my time.

1 - Crucible
    2 - Raids
    3 - Strikes
    4 - Patrol
    5 - Story missions

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

nocal wrote: »
    Yes there is the infinite grind to take part in.

Weekly Strikes, nightfall strikes, Raids, crucible, Strikes playlist, Iron Banner,

Funny that you didn't mention PoE! I think everyone got bored of that after a couple of weeks. But if you haven't run it, the lvl 32 PoE is a good place to pick up some easy light level 42 armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Funny that you didn't mention PoE! I think everyone got bored of that after a couple of weeks. But if you haven't run it, the lvl 32 PoE is a good place to pick up some easy light level 42 armour.

Yeah, Other than getting that Skolas kill, PoE love seems to have petered out. Lvl 28 for a guaranteed Exotic (First run with a character), and 32 for the armour. The weapons, personally haven't been of interest, not with 365 Vault and Crota Weapons. The new rollable perks just dont cut it compared to the vanilla stuff.

What part of "infinite grind" do you not understand? :D

POE is dead boring. Only worth running when it is easy and you want something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you on Xbox ? Don't think I have added you.

You have but I won't tell who I am ;)

You have but I won't tell who I am ;)

You tease :P

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

• Advertisement

Think I have a Free Month code, will see when I get home.

To put it in Context, Story mode is the area I've spent the least of my time.

1 - Crucible
    2 - Raids
    3 - Strikes
    4 - Patrol
    5 - Story missions
    That would be fantastic iif you did...
    Much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

nocal wrote: »
    What part of "infinite grind" do you not understand? :D

Haha. Noted!! PoE falls into the "finite grind" category.

I still have not beaten Skolas, but then again I have not been logged in much lately. Need moar Iron Banner. That was the most fun I've had in ages in this game.

I still have not beaten Skolas, but then again I have not been logged in much lately. Need moar Iron Banner. That was the most fun I've had in ages in this game.

When it works IB can be glorious. When it doesn't it can be painful.

I thought I was being clever and that infinite grind could cover almost anything.

Skolas can turn into infinite grind as opposed to finite grind. Heck even Qodron at 32 and one person without a mic can turn into infinite grind.

I have mostly enjoyed the last 2 iron banners. 1 or 2 patches of frustration but generally grand. 1 game from the last series stands out. It was Twilight gap. 2 players on the opposing team were seriously lagging/lagging out. They spent half the game running into walls. They did not get many kills but I think every player on my team of randoms spent 30 or 40 seconds trying to kill them in vain throughout the game. We actually lost what was basically a 6 v 4 because of the collective time wasted on those 2 buckos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do we know when the next IB is? Is it a set time table like every 3 weeks or isnit a bit more random?

It'll begin in 15 days

This is either brilliant or f**king dumb depending on your personality type.... also, headphones, as always, are a must :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok so I was doing Crota on hard this afternoon and I noticed a few annoying things

First, in the shriekers tunnel and noticed that the glitch where the shriekers reappear after killing it is back!

Even after going back to orbit it keeps happening

I got through in the end though but now I am not sure if this is normal, I have seen it happen before, but normally going to orbit and coming back solves it

Another thing, I dont know if this happens with all new rocket launcher (HoW) but I noticed that neither my randergast or my uppercut didnt put any damage on him... nothing at all!!

This is with the randergast

And this is with the uppercut

Very very weird! :mad:

I must check if this also happens on normal (the rocket thingie)

Are you soloing Crota start to finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

djkeogh wrote: »
    Are you soloing Crota start to finish?

Yes got bored of doing it on normal (gets easier the more you do it) so I just started doing it on hard, its easy until you get to Crota... :S

• Advertisement

I just checked my first ever run on VOG. Looking back I must have jumped in around the templar/Gorgans maze.

Here's a link to my loadout; http://destinytracker.com/DG/415751049[URL]

How times have changed :)[/url]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement