Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I just checked my first ever run on VOG. Looking back I must have jumped in around the templar/Gorgans maze.

Here's a link to my loadout; http://destinytracker.com/DG/415751049[URL]

How times have changed :)[/url]

lol

I still remember my first VoG with the guys here... must find it

Here is my first PS4 VoG, gotta love the weapons

link

Found my first ever VoG on Xb1, now never finished it, I just remember starting the event and running around in circles trying to keep the gates open ON MY OWN!

After like 30 minutes I gave up :)

link

And this is the first one with you and the bag, miju, calex etc

link

old memories

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have a question about that 'guaranteed' Exotic from PoE 28. Do you get an Exotic just the first time or the first time with each character?

I have a question about that 'guaranteed' Exotic from PoE 28. Do you get an Exotic just the first time or the first time with each character?

I believe it is a guaranteed exotic with the first character you run it.

However, I am not 100% sure this is true as I remember I stopped playing the 28 because for a couple of weeks I never got an exotic. Before that I would only get 1 or 2 exotics out of 3 characters. Easiest way to get an exotic by far.

Said this I ran it again this week 3 times and I got 3 exotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just checked my 1st vog run, and had a bad seed down legendary pulse rifle, and ice breaker, and a blue Hannibal-E heavy. Those were the days. Remember getting stuck at the platforming bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Think it is the first time you open the big chest with each character, only the first time, not first time each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Think it is the first time you open the big chest with each character, only the first time, not first time each week.

Okay. I have two characters that I have used in PoE yet so I might as well try and get an Exotic out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ice Breaker for your first VoG run?

18d1f9b8af2f944e3cd101ac3ecc3513.png

And remember when people thought you needed 4+ 30s to do HM?

50a613a6b74f2a556c6c2ebbbc34fc08.png

3 hours mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm almost certain I got one with each character but there's something nagging away at me saying it is a reduced chance. Pretty sure though it's a reduced drop % after subsequent runs when you open the main chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm almost certain I got one with each character but there's something nagging away at me saying it is a reduced chance. Pretty sure though it's a reduced drop % after subsequent runs when you open the main chest.

Yeah, the first time you open the golden chest on each char, the % chance is somewhere in the region of 90~%, and drops to around 10%, or lower, after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

1339782066812011623.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Filthy hacker, she's got 2 exotic armour pieces equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No burn Nexus for the Nightfall.
    No burn Val Thaurac for the Weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

No Burn?

Back to Batman so I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No burn Nexus for the Nightfall.
    No burn Val Thaurac for the Weekly.

hmm very grindy
    probably only do them this week if someone needs help

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think I'll be sticking to Trials of Osiris once a week for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I just checked my first ever run on VOG. Looking back I must have jumped in around the templar/Gorgans maze.

Here's a link to my loadout; http://destinytracker.com/DG/415751049[URL]

How times have changed :)[/url]

Bloody hell! Doctor Nope?! I had that gun for a while. I think it was the first vanguard weapon I bought. Imagine using that in a raid now. It would just tickle the enemies!

My first Raid experience with you guys was Crota normal. Think I was level 28 and I spent most of it cowering in a corner. Bohrio lagged out Crota so he stayed down. I didn't have a clue what was going on! I was like......... "what is this sorcery?"

I got Red Death from the first chest when it used to have a chance to give out exotics, and I got Hunger of Crota at the end. Good times.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Think I have a Free Month code, will see when I get home.

To put it in Context, Story mode is the area I've spent the least of my time.

1 - Crucible
    2 - Raids
    3 - Strikes
    4 - Patrol
    5 - Story missions

I forgot to look for this, sorry

Went from Crucible True Skill Rank 10 to 14 in about 2 weeks I put down the Mythoclast and Picked up the Thorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Went from Crucible True Skill Rank 10 to 14 in about 2 weeks I put down the Mythoclast and Picked up the Thorn.

The Destiny Tracker True Skill rank is heavily dependent on the percentage of games that you win. My true skill ranking dropped 5 points a few weeks back as my K/D ratio was improving.

nocal wrote: »
    The Destiny Tracker True Skill rank is heavily dependent on the percentage of games that you win. My true skill ranking dropped 5 points a few weeks back as my K/D ratio was improving.

Yeah it's the old Halo ranks, it's more about team work and winning rather than K/D, old fashioned concepts in modern shooters :p

• Advertisement

I thought you were good at Crucible :P

I've been playing properly now for about 6 weeks, a lot of the time solo, and my TSR went from 5 to 16 as of last night.

I thought you were good at Crucible :P

I'm only ok, my KDR is only just a bit above 1.0, but I do normally get a decent amount of points. Think it's cause most of my kills have multipliers/modifiers (melee, super, headshot, zone-offence, zone-defense etc). I'm only alright. I just enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think that true skill thing is about 90% win loss tbh

Trials is my only high one as the rest are reliant on team mates..

I'm only ok, my KDR is only just a bit above 1.0, but I do normally get a decent amount of points. Think it's cause most of my kills have multipliers/modifiers (melee, super, headshot, zone-offence, zone-defense etc). I'm only alright. I just enjoy it

Ah I'm just kidding. I've a negative KD in all Crucible game modes bar IB where my KD is 1.01.

I'm improving a lot since I made the Warlock and Hunter and seem to do much better. Although I can't get the hang of the GG

Ah I'm just kidding. I've a negative KD in all Crucible game modes bar IB where my KD is 1.01.

I'm improving a lot since I made the Warlock and Hunter and seem to do much better. Although I can't get the hang of the GG

GG is great.... when Dudeeile is using it and I'm using him as a human shield following him around picking up Orbs

family-guy-piece_of_candy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It was acutally crucible that prompted me to jump back in, I think the multiplayer in general is fantastic. I'm still pretty poo at it though :rolleyes:

It was acutally crucible that prompted me to jump back in, I think the multiplayer in general is fantastic. I'm still pretty poo at it though :rolleyes:

I like how it's fun, and has Supers and Heavys and stuff. I did my time with more serious twitchy shooters like Blops2 and have more Lolz with this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Anyone on xbone up for a nightfall or two?

Some of these are gas:

3pNItsa.jpg

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I think that true skill thing is about 90% win loss tbh

Trials is my only high one as the rest are reliant on team mates..

I think you are right, I always play solo so I dont expect my rank to increase much. Although it has been slowly going up mostly because I play skirmish and class which are easier to win when you are not playing with another team.

Sitting at 19 at the moment, I think I am ready for a proper trials run now. Maybe... still enjoying normal crucible. KD slowly going up sitting on 1.2ish and slowly going up. At least I am not a total noob anymore and I feel I am helpful to my team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement