Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I honestly don't think Hawkmoon needed a nerf. I've been using it solidly for over a month now and don't think I've ever got a one shot kill with it.

Its reticle sucks so it's not as good at long range as people make out just by looking at its range stat. Loads of people were moaning about the 'luck in the chamber' and 'holding aces' perks, but the chances of those procing over 3-4 shots was like 1 in 400

They've just lumped it in with the other 2 exotic hand cannons imo when it wasn't really necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Apparently its a glitch. Bungie have said on twitter that they are working on fixing Xurs inventory this week.

*Puts on tinfoil hat* how is it a glitch if his inventory is random?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    I think it was Adam who once said that he rather chose someone with a ghorn (on places such as LFG) than someone without it, just because you dont really know how good that person is and having a ghorn kinda makes up for it.

IMHO, this is balderdash. Can I ask what end game content is made considerably easier with G-Horn to the point of it off setting a players low skill level?

NF or PoE with Solar Burn - Yeah great, but a High Impact Solar MG can kill as many enemies, also negates use of Invective and Vex, it's a Boss Burner only.
    PvP - Overkill and not S Tier, barely even A tier.
    VoG - Required at almost no point whatsoever
    Crota - Helpful for Majors only and as likely to kill you as it is Ir Yut :pac: Crota will kneel after ~3 G-Horn Rockets, 1 player out of 5 can make him kneel with 2 rockets if the other 4 use primaries

7 OP Rockets does not compensated for skill, ability, communication and knowledge.

I would specifically make a point of Avoiding players that seek G-Horn users on LFG sites, as personally, to me, it shows all the kinds of traits that I like to avoid in people I play with.
    However, now, the nerf is going to make this sites much more selective, for instance, picky people will start looking at experience, kd, completions, etc instead of just weapons. They will still probably require ghorn but now they are gonna look for other requirements such as must have completed it several times, kd over 20 etc which is going to make elitism much worse.

I don't see this happening, if a party leader has time and feels it's relevant to check all those stats for the 5 people he/she is inviting in, best to Avoid!

It will more likely take the shape of "Experience Needed" or "X Completions Required" which is pretty much fair enough for some content IMHO
    We will see how it turns out, from experience I know that, everytime bungie introduces weapon changes they f... something up... so lets see what is going to become the next thorn!

I've said this before but Bungie is giving weapons their time in the sun, each Exotic and Weapon Type/Archetype is getting a season

Season 1: Sep - Dec: Suros, Vex, High&Med Impact ARs, Truth, Fusion Rifles
    Season 2: Jan - Sep: Exotic Handcannons, G-Horn, Shotguns, Pulse Rifles
    Season 3: Sep Onwards: Red Death, Hard Light, Scout Rifles etc

For anyone who's played PvP with me..... or PvE with me..... or watched my stream..... this guy is essentially me.... but better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    Agree with you that from what I can make out Hawkmoon will be the best gun. Looks like they attempted to remove 2 shot kills from PvP if I've read it correctly, ie. Thorn won't do it and high impact Pulse Rifles won't either if you have a decent armour rating. If everything is 3 hit I think Hawkmoon wins out for range and handling. Now that everyone is used to using HCs I'd be surprised if Auto Rifles are good at top end play, they still require you to be vulnerable for longer than a HC where you can pop shots off while going in and out of cover. PvE wise I think the blanket changes are great, IB and BH don't bother me too much as its been months since I've had a use for either, get yourself a Spear/Benevolence with a good roll and you won't miss them.

Ahh! can't wait for next IB to get myself a spear (hopefully), I normally use LDRs, Her Benevolence, Longbows and even the PoE sniper instead of the IB or BH, there are plenty of sniper out there better than those 2 like you said.

I actually havent yet made up my mind which of those is my favourite for pvp, probably longbow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Cormac... wrote: »
    For anyone who's played PvP with me..... or PvE with me..... or watched my stream..... this guy is essentially me.... but better :pac:

I just watched that video during lunch in work. So funny! "Do you even Hunter?" :D

IMHO, this is balderdash. Can I ask what end game content is made considerably easier with G-Horn to the point of it off setting a players low skill level?

NF or PoE with Solar Burn - Yeah great, but a High Impact Solar MG can kill as many enemies, also negates use of Invective and Vex, it's a Boss Burner only.
    Crota - Helpful for Majors only and as likely to kill you as it is Ir Yut :pac: Crota will kneel after ~3 G-Horn Rockets, 1 player out of 5 can make him kneel with 2 rockets if the other 4 use primaries

7 OP Rockets does not compensated for skill, ability, communication and knowledge.

I would specifically make a point of Avoiding players that seek G-Horn users on LFG sites, as personally, to me, it shows all the kinds of traits that I like to avoid in people I play with.

I don't see this happening, if a party leader has time and feels it's relevant to check all those stats for the 5 people he/she is inviting in, best to Avoid!

It will more likely take the shape of "Experience Needed" or "X Completions Required" which is pretty much fair enough for some content IMHO

Unfortunately it does, a ghorn can take down most majors with 2 shots, just shoot twice and run, it requires very little skill, also, that example was common back during exercises such as skolas with solar, or Crota where all you really needed to do is shoot rockets as the boss.

I mean I have seen people being accepted because they owned a ghorn rather than looking for xp.

This happens even now! I find it ridiculous but it is true, 1 single ghorn can take down any major during solar burns. A machine gun will take longer and leave you more exposed, which will mean you will need to look for cover or avoid the enemy shooting at you, which means you will need some basic skills.

I normally look for experience, but people lie, they say that they have completed many times when in reality it was their first.

For the last 3 weeks I have done Skolas with people who had claimed they had done it and didnt. Meaning that I would have to explain them how to do things but without saying it in a way that will imply they havent done it, when of course it was obvious.

So now I check and make sure they have done it, mostly because I couldnt be bothered explaining everything again. I mean, Skolas is not difficult, it just requires coordination and good communication. Ghorn is not mandatory but handy (I normally snipe him though).

I also tend to avoid groups like that, same as people asking for certain grimoire score but the fact of the matter is that this happens, specially if you try more competitive games, try looking for a team for ToO... because weapons dont make a different there (not as much) it is all based on stats, etc good luck finding a team!!

IMO this selectiveness will happen, I mean, I rather spend 2 minutes checking a player out than spend 4 hours doing a PoE 35

And now PSN is down, again, this is a bit ridiculous....

PS: umm back now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

143712379614.jpg

rocket launcher usage graph from bungie.
    taken from eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

143712379614.jpg

rocket launcher usage graph from bungie.
    taken from eurogamer.

It looks like the spikes are around the weekly reset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It looks like the spikes are around the weekly reset.

It'd stand to reason, more people jumping on to do the nightfall etc at the start of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've said this before but Bungie is giving weapons their time in the sun, each Exotic and Weapon Type/Archetype is getting a season

Season 1: Sep - Dec: Suros, Vex, High&Med Impact ARs, Truth, Fusion Rifles
    Season 2: Jan - Sep: Exotic Handcannons, G-Horn, Shotguns, Pulse Rifles
    Season 3: Sep Onwards: Red Death, Hard Light, Scout Rifles etc

PoE is boss burning. And the original point being made was that if I have 100 people on lfg to choose from, and know nothing about any of them, I'm clearly gonna choose the guy with a Ghorn as it lessens the variables. It makes PvE significantly easier, Skolas is pretty much the only boss in PoE that you can't just double up on ghallys and drop him without touching any mechanics, and that's only because they patched it. Its easy to belittle its importance at this point in time but when PoE/CE/VoG first came out it was huge, now those fights are so damn easy it doesn't matter. Saying avoid people looking for Ghallys is pretty silly tbh, with a plethora of options on lfg why wouldn't they look for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

My Nepal T-shirt showed up away lads.

Just as I was sick of destiny....I better go back and take a look at it.... Hooked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just got the Ram :D took 70 plus engram's over the last few weeks but I got there in the end :)

Look at what they say regarding the Hawkmoon nerf
    The elusive nocturnal bird… Hawkmoon has evaded many players for quite some time. It is one of the hardest weapons in Destiny to acquire, which probably makes it sting that much more when you are killed by it.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Weapon-Tuning-20/en/News/News?aid=13147

Since when is saltiness a good reason to nerf a weapon?!

There's not even a suggestion there that it's OP... they seem more concerned about the whining of a tiny minority of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Lets keep the word salty and any derivations of it out of this thread. This isnt reddit or bungie >:(

^ Funnily enough one of the better PvP players in our clan goes by the name Salty :D

Also, I'm so glad I don't have to use LFG sites or even bother establishing who has what weapons before doing a run.

I just prefer playing the game with like minded friends from boards.

And sometimes I play with ChimpAhoy too.

Look at what they say regarding the Hawkmoon nerf

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Weapon-Tuning-20/en/News/News?aid=13147

Since when is saltiness a good reason to nerf a weapon?!

There's not even a suggestion there that it's OP... they seem more concerned about the whining of a tiny minority of people.

That's not the reason they nerfed it though. Having the potential for a OHK was retarded.

That's not the reason they nerfed it though. Having the potential for a OHK was retarded.

The potential for that happening was over 2500/1

It's hardly retarded when odds were that low, and considering it's one of the most difficult weapons to obtain. Why shouldn't it have such a minuscule chance at OHKing? It's not exactly game breaking.

Besides they could have easilly just stopped procs from stacking on one round instead of also implementing the two other nerfs aswell as the blanket ones for HCs in general.

It's hardly retarded when odds were that low, and considering it's one of the most difficult weapons to obtain. Why shouldn't it have such a minuscule chance at OHKing? It's not exactly game breaking.

Besides they could have easilly just stopped procs from stacking on one round instead of also implementing the two other nerfs aswell as the blanket ones for HCs in general.

I know what you mean, personally I think all this nerfing is gonna make "special" weapons much more common, to me, this is only gonna make certain weapons less desirerable and dropping, for instance, a weapon like black hammer, will feel like "mah"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

No grimoire card for you sir.

I am not uncomfortable with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

http://imgur.com/e00113m

As seen on reddit, german user screenshotted this, but couldn't buy it, was then KTO and when they came back, it was gone.

Sorry Xur, Bungie said no.

All they've done is reduce the amount of luck in the chamber, a positive move for competitive pvp which should never have elements of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

onlyTobes wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/e00113m

As seen on reddit, german user screenshotted this, but couldn't buy it, was then KTO and when they came back, it was gone.

Sorry Xur, Bungie said no.

There's this one too https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKJCe_HWgAAHuTP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It'll ruin the game eventually all tweaking. Look at any other fps online game and it's always the noobs whining the loudest that get results.
    They should just give the same stats and perks to each gun and be done with it..save us all bitching over the next year about all the tweaking they'll do to each of them.

Blazer wrote: »
    It'll ruin the game eventually all tweaking. Look at any other fps online game and it's always the noobs whining the loudest that get results.
    They should just give the same stats and perks to each gun and be done with it..save us all bitching over the next year about all the tweaking they'll do to each of them.

Such an ignorant response. If you can't see why guns needed to be tweaked then you are the 'noob'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Tweaking is a necessary ongoing activity, it should be possible to have all weapon types competitive at the correct range, if you're accurate enough the aim the bloody thing. I have all exotics except NLB and the only ones I don't use at all these days are AR's because they just don't stand a chance if the other guy can aim, hell they don't even get a run in PvE any more with the exception of Necrochasm (glorious weapon when aimed right, easier said than done).

I have Thorn, used Thorn, not so much any more as I'm just fed up of that gun and want to move on. It get's the odd run out and that's how I feel about all guns, everything should be viable dependent on map and the way you feel like playing. I don't want to see Thorn useless, just less dominant than it is now, it is great fun to use and it would be awesome to see it effective on some scale.

Everyone is going to have favourites, that's cool but it would be nice to be able to switch it up every now and again. An exotic primary should not be a must for regular crucible which it mainly is, I know there are some excellent legendaries out there but I just don't have any that I like right now, I still stock some old rares in the vault but at the minute they cannot compete and they should be competitive so that it is accessible to all players and not just ones who will grind to the bitter end for all gear. That's what will make this game stand out as the class shooter that it is if people can just jump in and play a few rounds with their sh11ty auld blue weapons and not get wrecked by exotic primaries.
    All they've done is reduce the amount of luck in the chamber, a positive move for competitive pvp which should never have elements of luck.

I agree completely with this, keep those sort of perks for PvE and make them obsolete in competitive PvP, in a one on one, may the best shot win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Such an ignorant response. If you can't see why guns needed to be tweaked then you are the 'noob'.

I can see the initial point but everytime a gun is tweaked or nerfed another gun gets the advantage.
    It happens in all fps games especially in Battlefield..what happens is one gun is overpowered so that gun is then nerfed and the other guns are give small buffs to balance which results in another of these guns becoming overpowered. Its only now that Battlefield is finally getting the balance right for their guns..and the game is out 2 years..
    I didn't go running to Bungie when people was lording it in PVP with Thorn or any of the fusion rifles...I just bitched to myself,, changed my tactics and got on with it and improved my game. People that just whine to Bungie about weapon balance constantly will always feel they have something to whine about and refuse to accept they're the inferior player and blame the guns.

You're insinuating that people who think guns are OP are bad at the game, you couldn't be any more wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Reading this and other threads online of salty tears reminds me of when Bungie nerfed the bloom on the Battle Rifle in Halo 3, good times.... :)

Was one of the best moves they made for the longevity of the game in hindsight imo...

Edit : thought it was Halo 2, think it may have been 3!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement