Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Played my first game of trials of osiris today....more like trials of thorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Won some Kontrol Freeks in a Twitch stream where lads help viewers/followers with Trials Flawless.

Any suggestions on which ones are good?

EzCHi4B.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

With thanks to Ferrigan for that nightfall......

GJALLAHORN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

foxerv1 wrote: »

GJALLAHORN!!!

Think you gave me tinnitus with yer screaming down the mic.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »
    Won some Kontrol Freeks in a Twitch stream where lads help viewers/followers with Trials Flawless.

Any suggestions on which ones are good?

EzCHi4B.jpg?1

Recently bought one, 2 paddles with the magnetic key so I can assign my own keys combination.

Good controller, very expensive, broke within a week, is back with them

This is the 3rd scuff controller I got, so lucky you got it for free! ;)

I got the PS4 something, really doesnt matter, built one you like :)

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Recently bought one, 2 paddles with the magnetic key so I can assign my own keys combination.

Good controller, very expensive, broke within a week, is back with them

This is the 3rd scuff controller I got, so lucky you got it for free! ;)

I got the PS4 something, really doesnt matter, built one you like :)

I didn't win the Scruff though, just the Kontrol Freeks

I didn't win the Scruff though, just the Kontrol Freeks

Damn it!!!

Sorry lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

AdamD wrote: »
    You're insinuating that people who think guns are OP are bad at the game, you couldn't be any more wrong.

apart from failing to adapt and use different tactics to combat these guns etc all they seem to do is whine..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Blazer wrote: »
    apart from failing to adapt and use different tactics to combat these guns etc all they seem to do is whine..

So you think its ok to have guns that can kill in the space of 11 frames? And also how can you defend against guns that can kill you faster most people can react?

There are legitimate reasons for a lot of these nerfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So you think its ok to have guns that can kill in the space of 11 frames? And also how can you defend against guns that can kill you faster most people can react?

There are legitimate reasons for a lot of these nerfs.

I'm not disputing that if you read my original post but a lot of these people who whine on the forums about these guns will just find a new one to whine about and it's just an endless circle. So the devs spend more time doing weapon balance than addressing other issues or some more nice to have features.
    Whiners are a pet hate for me ever since Battlefield 2 where the good pilots like myself were overpowered so we needed our planes nerfed to make it easier for us to get shot down..DICE ended up screwing up the planes so much that the Chinese J-10 ended up by far the most overpowered fighter in the game (and the original fighters was practically all equal), they admitted by the end of BF4 patch 1.6 that they just didn't have the manpower or the timeframe/skillset to rectify it.
    Then you look at snipers in BF2..which took a lot of skill..but the whiners hated snipers as they couldn't see them and DICE added glint to the sniper scopes in BF3/4 so that the "noobs" could see the snipers more easily.
    The list just goes on and on..
    Originally the people giving out might have had a point but numerous patches in everyone ends up whining about some feature of the game.

• Advertisement

On a side matter, my PvP practices are finally paying off. and since the weapon nerf is imminent I have decided to challenge myself and started to avoid all the exotics. So today I Equipped my Fulcrum, longbow sniper and radegast and played some skirmish in preparation for ToO... and I have to say there is no better time to play skirmish than when ToO is on...

J64Z_-3IhSJPtoDsa5YFTuAUE676X1C3oidrNOWValEz=w854-h512-no

Had at least 3 of these games with no deaths and over 14 kills and I think I won like 11 out of 12 or something like that

Good for my self esteem as well, makes me feel almost invincible, until I go into trials that is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

foxerv1 wrote: »

GJALLAHORN!!!

As started by myself, dudeile & cuhlcannon in PoE last night you have to say "Nerf" when you use it on a boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

As started by myself, dudeile & cuhlcannon in PoE last night you have to say "Nerf" when you use it on a boss.

I'm sure i can manage that. I'm just happy to get it, feel it makes the hours worthwhile. Now on to Fatebringer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Blazer wrote: »

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/DoyIer/trialsOfOsiris

Thorn is still a joke. Does that validate it? I clearly have no issues beating Thorn but I still think it needs fixing, I also think Auto Rifles being completely useless makes the game less enjoyable. Being able to use every weapon type would improve the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Bit of a random question but is there separate volume controls for each person in a party? eg if someone in the fireteam is really loud and another is really quiet is there a way of changing their volume to make them more even volume? can't seem to figure it out.

Dramatik wrote: »
    Bit of a random question but is there separate volume controls for each person in a party? eg if someone in the fireteam is really loud and another is really quiet is there a way of changing their volume to make them more even volume? can't seem to figure it out.

They just have their Mic Volume set too high probably, I had mine at like 100% before, should be at 50%, I was deafening people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Weekly efforts to find people to run Trials as successful as ever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Weekly efforts to find people to run Trials as successful as ever :P

To be honest I'm not on an indefinite hiatus from Trials. I'd be more of a hindrance than a help.

I'll be getting back to Trials next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Congrats to you Cormac on sherpa ride. Still looking for one win this weekend :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

To be honest I'm not on an indefinite hiatus from Trials. I'd be more of a hindrance than a help.

Haha I've felt that way about Destiny in general since launch.

I haven't and don't intend on even trying trials as it looks like a non carriable type mode alright and I wouldn't want people cursing me to high heavens... More so than normal ;-)

Even the POE 32 was tough that time I tried it with your good self.

Congrats to you Cormac on sherpa ride. Still looking for one win this weekend :P

Yeah man, it went pretty ok, went 22K-25D, so that's a 0.88% KDR, not totally rubbish given I was fairly hungover, but the carry was strong.

If anyone else is looking for help with trials lemme know and i'll point you in the 2 guys direction.

Got a Void (which I wanted) Messenger, delighted with it :)

I'd be more inclined to give it a go on weekends now as the whole "get flawless" thing is over and I am more used to Thorn for now. Also wouldn't be too pushed about Cauldron normally at all at all, don't like that Map much.

Yeah man, it went pretty ok, went 22K-25D, so that's a 0.88% KDR, not totally rubbish given I was fairly hungover, but the carry was strong.

If anyone else is looking for help with trials lemme know and i'll point you in the 2 guys direction.

I'd be more inclined to give it a go on weekends now as the whole "get flawless" thing is over and I am more used to Thorn for now. Also wouldn't be too pushed about Cauldron normally at all at all, don't like that Map much.

Congrats man.

I will give trials a go soon, a serious go, still practicing a lot.

Btw, the lag lately is incredible, sometimes I come up against invincible opponents who cannot be killed. And I am not talking about the typical guy walking blindly I am talking during mid game, a random guy will become indestructible.

Look at this video here, hit him with my super, then with my primary and then stuck a trip mine to him and nothing!

^ TBF, the Lag is a decent bit better in Trials cause it's connection based, but we came up against 3 lads who were apparently in "Antartica" and were Lag-Switchers and at one point I was really concerned I was gonna get disconnected cause it took like a full minute to begin the 5th Round :/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had really good connections for the most part in Trials last night, you still get games where everyone is red barring now and then, though nowhere near as often as regular crucible. Third week in a row getting to the lighthouse last night too, will try get my other two characters there tonight.

^ I wish I had that kind of commitment/skillz :)

I was really put off in Week 3 when Cauldron 1st game up, was giving it a decent go before that, but wasn't using Thorn, so was kind of biting off my nose to spite my face. Went into normal Crucible a lot more recently to get used to using Thorn, had to lower my look sensitivity to 5 when normally i'd be more around 6-7 just to cope with the Handcannon Meta

Was messing around there on Destiny Tracker trying to justify my KDR in Trials and..... Jesus H Christ..... I've scored over 5 Million Points in Crucible. I really need to put this game down :o

On an Unrelated Note..... that Hard Crota on Saturday Night..... Jesus.... the drink was not helping at all.... took 2h 47m 23s to finish... when we finally killed him it was like a Day 1 celebration... I have still no idea where Terry went :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My crucible stats are nothing to write home about, it's more to do with playing with the same few people every weekend so you click as a team and are able to adapt and communicate, that game mode has given me both the biggest lows and biggest highs I've had playing the game.

If you love all things Retro/8-Bit/Chiptune etc, also the WoL & Icebreaker Combo seems like a beast in the right hands :)

Also, overall this is just highly entertaining and it takes a skilled hand to hold my attention

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'd be more inclined to give it a go on weekends now as the whole "get flawless" thing is over and I am more used to Thorn for now.

Ah you got flawless? Fair play!
    Still haven't managed a flawless, but I've got the full set of Trials gear with my Warlock, so I'm happy about that.
    That Messenger is serious business, was destroyed by it in 2 Trials games on Friday.

Abuses, if I get on today - I'll be on for some Trials.

• Advertisement

Quiet in here today.... anyway.... there's this :)

Your friendly neighbourhood re-poster!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement