Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

Cormac... wrote: »
    I have still no idea where Terry went :D

Was really expecting some snores coming in on party chat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My crucible stats are nothing to write home about, it's more to do with playing with the same few people every weekend so you click as a team and are able to adapt and communicate, that game mode has given me both the biggest lows and biggest highs I've had playing the game.

That's the hardest part, can never get a consistent group to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So was looking at my vault a few days ago and realized I had a full set of legendary armour sitting in there for a hunter (and a couple of pieces for a Titan, but not a full set sadly) and also 6 exotic hunter armour pieces, I got Mask of the 3rd Man, ATS/8 Arachnid, Knucklehead Radar, Celestial Nighthawk helmets and don't touch me gauntlets, and Radiant Dance Machines boots.

So which exotics that I have are any good, that I should prioritize first.

I have started with the gun slinger sub class as well. Also, what are the good perks that I should use on my sub classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wes wrote: »
    So was looking at my vault a few days ago and realized I had a full set of legendary armour sitting in there for a hunter (and a couple of pieces for a Titan, but not a full set sadly) and also 6 exotic hunter armour pieces, I got Mask of the 3rd Man, ATS/8 Arachnid, Knucklehead Radar, Celestial Nighthawk helmets and don't touch me gauntlets, and Radiant Dance Machines boots.

So which exotics that I have are any good, that I should prioritize first.

I have started with the gun slinger sub class as well. Also, what are the good perks that I should use on my sub classes.

Step 1: Change to Bladedancer
    Step 2: Win

It's better for most things right off the bat, and you have Mask of the 3rd Man which is a BIG help

The 3 Gunslinger Helms are ok, but not up there with Archploymage Symbiotic thingy

Step 1: Change to Bladedancer
    Step 2: Win

Doh' looks like a chose the wrong sub class to start with. I blame the Celestial Nighthawk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I've just started doing the Crota's Bane bounties (want to get the Sunsetting shader), I've found this to be the quickest way to earn exp.
    You pretty much load up the fist of Crota mission, kill the sword bearer, jump to orbit and start it up again.

Handy for levelling exotics.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Both subclasses are great in their own right, Bladedancer has a useless super in PvE but invisibility is brilliant for getting risky revives during nightfalls or getting out of sticky situations (particularly if you use the Don't Touch Me gauntlets). Gunslinger is a better all round class and the super is good for both PvP and PvE, it's arguably a better super for PvP than blade dancer as unless you're right on top of someone blade dancer is fairly easy to counter. Personal preference really.

Doh' looks like a chose the wrong sub class to start with. I blame the Celestial Nighthawk.

The perks are personal thing.

I like Vanish cause I can use it in PvE and in PvP after I'm almost out of BD Super I can trigger it and usually get a cheap invisible shotgun kill.

Blink Jump and Hungering Blade are a MUST

I also like:
    Fleet Footed
    Flux Grenades
    Backstab

Thanks for the suggestions. Only Level 7 on my hunter so far. Will try and get up to 20 quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Had really good connections for the most part in Trials last night, you still get games where everyone is red barring now and then, though nowhere near as often as regular crucible. Third week in a row getting to the lighthouse last night too, will try get my other two characters there tonight.

Congrats man, I did my second full trial runs attempt today, managed to get 8 wins..

Playing with the same team makes a huge difference, first round with this guys was a bit bumpy at first, we were all over the place but we noticed that we were getting better at the end so we decided to play another run and the improvement was noticeable so in the next one we got 9 wins 1 defeat.

Very happy so far

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions. Only Level 7 on my hunter so far. Will try and get up to 20 quick.

Crucible is quickest (and initially most painful), but given I NEVER do the daily story missions, I didn't find doing the main campaign again too tedious

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Congrats man, I did my second full trial runs attempt today, managed to get 8 wins..

Playing with the same team makes a huge difference, first round with this guys was a bit bumpy at first, we were all over the place but we noticed that we were getting better at the end so we decided to play another run and the improvement was noticeable so in the next one we got 9 wins 1 defeat.

Very happy so far

Sounds like you're not far off so, it will happen! You been buying the boons? I always buy the mercy and free win one straight away but don't get the double win one until it's at 7-0. Even if you don't get to lighthouse it's a handy way to get etheric light and that.

Sounds like you're not far off so, it will happen! You been buying the boons? I always buy the mercy and free win one straight away but don't get the double win one until it's at 7-0. Even if you don't get to lighthouse it's a handy way to get etheric light and that.

Thanks for the advice I wasnt but now I will :)_. Looking forward to it, its a challenge for me considering how bad and much I hated PvP so delighted with my performance.

Lol

After going 9 wins 1 loss on my 3rd run and 8 wins on my 2nd one, I decided to switch to my warlock and try again... see below :)

HfRPHJXkR1KURZFYBUy6Gp4_Qv5E7BRWndfFn-9dnVVZ=w768-h432-no

What a birthday present :) and we didnt even need to use the mercy buff thingie

Crucible is quickest (and initially most painful), but given I NEVER do the daily story missions, I didn't find doing the main campaign again too tedious

Crucible might not be a bad idea, but will have to stick with PVP for my warlock and finally finish the Thorn bounty, and then switch to a hunter and level up my 2nd sub class that way.

Happy Birthday to You!!!!!

Lol

After going 9 wins 1 loss on my 3rd run and 8 wins on my 2nd one, I decided to switch to my warlock and try again... see below :)

HfRPHJXkR1KURZFYBUy6Gp4_Qv5E7BRWndfFn-9dnVVZ=w768-h432-no

What a birthday present :) and we didnt even need to use the mercy buff thingie

Nice one man! Get anything nice from the chest?

Nice one man! Get anything nice from the chest?

Thanks guys

I got the scholar with arc and the emblems etc

Not exactly what I was looking for but hey, I wasnt really hoping to get there anyway so happy then :)

Thanks guys

I got the scholar with arc and the emblems etc

Not exactly what I was looking for but hey, I wasnt really hoping to get there anyway so happy then :)

I have a void and arc one of those now, it's actually a really great gun. (have an arc Summoner too) I really want a solar Jewel of Osiris though to complete my elemental hand cannon collection along with WoC and FB.

I have a void and arc one of those now, it's actually a really great gun. (have an arc Summoner too) I really want a solar Jewel of Osiris though to complete my elemental hand cannon collection along with WoC and FB.

Yes me too, I want a solar hand cannon, only reason why I have been doing PoE 35 is in hope of getting one but ...

Have so many primaries now with elemental, still no solar HC

• Advertisement

Guys those crucible playlist that change occasionally how does it work?

I mean, I thought they changed every week but I dont think it is the case (maybe it is and I just never noticed elimination was one of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Guys those crucible playlist that change occasionally how does it work?

I mean, I thought they changed every week but I dont think it is the case (maybe it is and I just never noticed elimination was one of them)

The dlc playlists are on a weekly rotation. I think combined arms only shows up at weekends.

If anyone is looking to make a regular thing out of running Trials, I'd be game. Tired of random PUGs that quit after two games.

Would be up for doing it. Not tried trials yet.

I've been busy reverse sherpa'ing folks through Trials this week. Anyone who needs some wins, come play me :P

If anyone is looking to make a regular thing out of running Trials, I'd be game. Tired of random PUGs that quit after two games.

This almost ruined my experienced with ToO. People keep inviting me to do trials and then half way through they go and say "well, thats me for the today" and I am like wtf?

NF: Omnigul with Rainbow Burn

Weekly: Archon Priest with Void Burn

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rainbow burn Omnigoul for the Nightfall
    Void Burn Archon Priest for Weekly.

Any guys on Xbox fancy a few Crota runs tonight ?

Anyone else encountering an increase in NAT issues on PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Anyone else encountering an increase in NAT issues on PS4?

I've actually not encountered any in a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement