Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've actually not encountered any in a while.

What DNS are people using? The google one? Or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Not sure to be honest. Might be able to check in an hour or so. Hopefully can connect the Vita over office WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Rainbow burn Omnigoul for the Nightfall
    Void Burn Archon Priest for Weekly.

Any guys on Xbox fancy a few Crota runs tonight ?

I'll be on for that Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

anyone want to do nightfall on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

wexdevil wrote: »
    anyone want to do nightfall on xbox one?

Fire me an invite when you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Rainbow burn Omnigoul for the Nightfall
    Void Burn Archon Priest for Weekly.

Any guys on Xbox fancy a few Crota runs tonight ?

I'm try to get on around 8pm for a few runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    What DNS are people using? The google one? Or not?

Default Gateway and Primary DNS: 192.168.1.254
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Anyone else encountering an increase in NAT issues on PS4?

Not had any NAT issues recently. Using Google dns settings. If you run the network test what NAT type do you get.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Not had any NAT issues recently. Using Google dns settings. If you run the network test what NAT type do you get.

Nat 2, but still getting in-Game chat issues, Party Chat issues, and even connecting to other players and the Tower etc

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

I'll be on for that Emmet.

I'll be around at 9 clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll be around at 9 clock.

Sounds good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I am using the Google DNS servers. One of the first things I changed when having Destiny issues.

I have been getting less NAT issues since putting my PS4 into the DMZ on my router. (If you do not understand that -packets and things :D )

nocal wrote: »
    I am using the Google DNS servers. One of the first things I changed when having Destiny issues.

I have been getting less NAT issues since putting my PS4 into the DMZ on my router. (If you do not understand that -packets and things :D )

Bloody packets! Always being.... um.... Routed.... by thingy... Wireless

Bloody packets! Always being.... um.... Routed.... by thingy... Wireless

Actually NAT issues are often down to packets not being routed. You're getting there by mis-adventure.

Actually NAT issues are often down to packets not being routed. You're getting there by mis-adventure.

Blue-Orbing my way to connectivity!

Might have to dig out the ole TP Links again, been in the box since I moved house.

If I did that, is it much better?

Do I still need to put the PS4 in a DMZ?

My DNS is the google one (changed it last year cause of Destiny)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm hoping to get on soon after 9 if any of the PS4 folks fancy doing the wkly and/or NF (and some Control too ofc). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Funny and dodgy Skolas run yesterday morning. Started the PoE 35, at Skolas, one of the guys kept getting booted out of the game only to automatically rejoin a few seconds later, first time this happened he spawned outside of the map, the game wouldnt teleport him inside so we had to wipe.

But on our second attempt things got worse, not only he got booted several times during the game (he did teleported inside the map on the following spawns, but of course this was a big thing specially as the disconnections kept happening when we had the essence), but on top of that, at some point 2 of us had the essence at the same time! lol

That cheater Skolas really did his best to stop us from winning, however, the cheater got what he deserved in the end despite his cheap efforts to destabilize the game he died squealing like a pig...

Mad run though, fun but mad!

Coincidentally my PS4 was not recording it for some reason but I think one of the other guys did record it so I might post it later when I find the video

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

any experienced PoE35 runners want to help me through it tonight? Haven't done it yet, so would like two people who know what they are doing to guide me though it if possible.

any experienced PoE35 runners want to help me through it tonight? Haven't done it yet, so would like two people who know what they are doing to guide me though it if possible.

I can run it with you. What time? I presume you will be bringing your Titan to the prison?

The few runs at Skolas himself are usually used to get the basics down i.e. when to rotate between platforms and what route to take. But you have options here as well e.g. you can either all gang up on the captains or rotate.

If Skolas himself is getting too close - well if you are thinking about rotating it is probably too late. You should have been out of there 1-2 seconds ago.

P.S. do not know how experienced I am, but I can complete it with the right fireteam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can run it with you. What time? I presume you will be bringing your Titan to the prison?

The few runs at Skolas himself are usually used to get the basics down i.e. when to rotate between platforms and what route to take. But you have options here as well e.g. you can either all gang up on the captains or rotate.

If Skolas himself is getting too close - well if you are thinking about rotating it is probably too late. You should have been out of there 1-2 seconds ago.

P.S. do not know how experienced I am, but I can complete it with the right fireteam.

cool, probably on from 8. aybe earlier - depends how long the mother wants to chat for when I drop round later...

cool, probably on from 8. aybe earlier - depends how long the mother wants to chat for when I drop round later...

8-ish is good. I can get some dinner into me before the grind begins.

So need to rush out of the Mammy's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A few of us done VoG on hard mode yesterday and Atheon was killed in just over a minute

Never seen him taken down as fast as that

^ Salty with the Carry again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

He positively melted alright.

I'm down for Skolas later, haven't run it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Ran the nightfall with 2 Defender Titans and had a mate join in half way through as a GG Hunter. I recommend everyone to do this. So much fun Put on all the orb producing perks for the titan and have yourselves a field day.

Let there be light
    Vid 1

Vid 2

The above was when we just had 2. So all the orbs are from 1 Titan:P

Vid 3

Screenshot

More Orbs used collectively than enemies killed. Great Fun.

I've been pretty vocal on Mic about trying to genuinely improve my Crucible play as opposed to just constantly playing it drunk for the Lolz.

Stuff like increasing look sensitivity, using "Puppeteer", eyeing up some Kontrol Freeks (huzzah) and trying different weapons more (Hawkmoon etc).

Some of you are probably sick of hearing this rubbish by now, none the less, since PvP is becoming the fresh new thing to do currently (and for the next 6 weeks) I thought I'd point the below out.

The guy who makes these videos has some bang on pointers in his vids, surely someone other than ScrubsToilets will find them useful

AbusesToilets = Scrub-a-dub-dub, no lighthouse for his scrubby-scrubness, git gud!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

stevoslice wrote: »
    Ran the nightfall with 2 Defender Titans and had a mate join in half way through as a GG Hunter. I recommend everyone to do this. So much fun Put on all the orb producing perks for the titan and have yourselves a field day.

Let there be light
    Vid 1

Vid 2

The above was when we just had 2. So all the orbs are from 1 Titan:P

Vid 3

Screenshot

More Orbs used collectively than enemies killed. Great Fun.

This was a big thing in Crucible a while ago. Five Defender Titans and One GG Hunter. Infinite supers all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've been pretty vocal on Mic about trying to genuinely improve my Crucible play as opposed to just constantly playing it drunk for the Lolz.

Stuff like increasing look sensitivity, using "Puppeteer", eyeing up some Kontrol Freeks (huzzah) and trying different weapons more (Hawkmoon etc).

Some of you are probably sick of hearing this rubbish by now, none the less, since PvP is becoming the fresh new thing to do currently (and for the next 6 weeks) I thought I'd point the below out.

The guy who makes these videos has some bang on pointers in his vids, surely someone other than ScrubsToilets will find them useful

AbusesToilets = Scrub-a-dub-dub, no lighthouse for his scrubby-scrubness, git gud!

I'm so salty, deer are licking me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have been watching Mike's videos for a while. He is an excellent player as well

Helped me a lot this past month improving my PvP skills!

My stats have improved substantially, my kd has gone from 1.1 to 1.6 on clash and still increasing. My DTR was on 15 and now sits on 25

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement