Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I have been watching Mike's videos for a while. He is an excellent player as well

Helped me a lot this past month improving my PvP skills!

My stats have improved substantially, my kd has gone from 1.1 to 1.6 on clash and still increasing. My DTR was on 15 and now sits on 25

See I told you you'd enjoy Crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    See I told you you'd enjoy Crucible.

You are right, I wish they had elimination always on the playlist. I think it is the closest thing to search and destroy.

Need to practice more though! Wanna try getting to the lighthouse again this weekend :)

You are right, I wish they had elimination always on the playlist. I think it is the closest thing to search and destroy.

Need to practice more though! Wanna try getting to the lighthouse again this weekend :)

Good luck !! I'll have to put some time into TOO soon.
    I got my DTR rating up to 20 from 6 since I started playing properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

huh, my DTR was higher than I thought it would be. I'm proud to say I'm top 7% for Crucible deaths. Bow down!

I bow.

Seems my Warlock is in the top 8% for suicides :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well, last night took me back to my first days doing Crota and Atheon. 3 hours on PoE35 and failure. Sorry Nocal and Abuses! Captain room took an age to get done, and best we got was half way down on Skolas. Given the other two lads have got it done before I think we can see what the problem was!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

well, last night took me back to my first days doing Crota and Atheon. 3 hours on PoE35 and failure. Sorry Nocal and Abuses! Captain room took an age to get done, and best we got was half way down on Skolas. Given the other two lads have got it done before I think we can see what the problem was!

Did my first succesful Skolas yesterday, after a failed run a few weeks back. Got through relatively quickly. Then the best player in the group went off to do another run with two other guys. Was a definate improvement on my fireteam but they got stuck for ages on it. You do need a bit of luck (or possibly a small drunken dwarf). Used Skolas as an excuse to start using the ghallahorn - now I have two. :P

Ah, don't be down on yourself. It's all about getting the taint transfer down with the mines. Once you get the hang of that, it's just a regular old grind fest.

Might give it another go if I can round up two Skolas killers to help me again. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I actually found it ok when doing it with Bohrio and Sniper. You just need to get into a rhythm as Abuses said. I was transferring the taint at about 3-5 seconds just to allow us have as much time as possible between transfers. You do need one experienced person (Bohrio) to tell you when to rotate to the other side and you need a bit of luck with the mines too (not being shot out of their etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Cormac... wrote: »
    I actually found it ok when doing it with Bohrio and Sniper. You just need to get into a rhythm as Abuses said. I was transferring the taint at about 3-5 seconds just to allow us have as much time as possible between transfers. You do need one experienced person (Bohrio) to tell you when to rotate to the other side and you need a bit of luck with the mines too (not being shot out of their etc)

Yup I am a big fan of rotating. We did not do enough rotating yesterday.

As I said - usually if you are thinking should we rotate, it is too late. But also, you all have to go together and use the same route. This way the adds tend to filter in towards you in a better way.

You can "make your own luck" with the mines. Use heavy to clear out adds when they spawn, and use your heavy to back up a team mate who is trying to clear a mine.

Games official hit a slump, Reddit is dead the last week or so, people are logging in/viewing, but there's not much content being genereated, just montages.

Hit a bit of a lull personally, shortly before the HoW content. Played a lot since. Having the feeling I'm getting tired again. Someone mentioned you can only get the Hopscotch Pilgrim from level 28 strikes. Ground through a few yesterday and will probably continue on in this vein for a while. September seems a long way away.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Hit a bit of a lull personally, shortly before the HoW content. Played a lot since. Having the feeling I'm getting tired again. Someone mentioned you can only get the Hopscotch Pilgrim from level 28 strikes. Ground through a few yesterday and will probably continue on in this vein for a while. September seems a long way away.

Yeah, kind of an understandable 6 week break before TTK, same happened with HoW. Will probably do some Trials this weekend just to try get better, and that's about it, maybe grind 28 strikes too

If it wasnt for my NEED to do PoE35, i'd probably not be logging in at all.

But i do NEED it. So I will continue to play until it is done. Maybe tonight, maybe some point next week.

I think it's the Dragon Strikes for the Hopscotch, that's where I got mine anyway.

I'm at the point where I mostly care about playing Crucible at this stage. Want to get a fancy emblem to be one of the cool cats. Might take a few months :p

^ I've never once been called cool and I have the emblem..... through no hard work of my own granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Got a cool looking green and orange (Tropos Gardener) ship and pulse rifle (KAU8 Constellation Scar) from doing a Dragon Strike last night

First time I've bothered with strike playlists in a few weeks, will probably do a few more tonight

so which experienced Skolas killers want to waste their night trying to kill Skolas with me tonight? Two attempts so far with no completion. Tempting? eh?

Control?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cormac... wrote: »
    ^ I've never once been called cool and I have the emblem..... through no hard work of my own granted.

I get messaged quite frequently about the emblems I use, some of the messages just say "emblem :)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Want to get skolas done this week, so i can focus on getting the last few golden chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Haven't done a proper Skolas run yet. All I need to get the new Malibu Stacey hat for TTK release. Is there weeks where there's urn on final round for Skolas? Surely one of those weeks is the one to go for?

PetKing wrote: »
    Haven't done a proper Skolas run yet. All I need to get the new Malibu Stacey hat for TTK release. Is there weeks where there's urn on final round for Skolas? Surely one of those weeks is the one to go for?

There's no burns on Skolas anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Well booo to that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fyi ALL Trials map will be in rotation this week.

Also new patch next week increasing the drop rate for the Husk and adding the Nepal apeal rewards.

Looking through my vault yesterday and found a 300 Pretorian Foil. Ages since I used it. Impact is crazy, has five bullets in the mag with the lower 1/2 doing bonus damage. 365'd it immediately and it's pretty good. Hoping once they buff the fusions it will be good for IB. For now it's just going to be my oracle killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Looking through my vault yesterday and found a 300 Pretorian Foil. Ages since I used it. Impact is crazy, has five bullets in the mag with the lower 1/2 doing bonus damage. 365'd it immediately and it's pretty good. Hoping once they buff the fusions it will be good for IB. For now it's just going to be my oracle killer.

PF is the rarests of drops in VoG. Can 1 shot oracles on hard! great weapon

PF is the rarests of drops in VoG. Can 1 shot oracles on hard! great weapon

Yeah we were talking about it yesterday. I'm one of the few in our group with it. Few of the lads viewed it and we now have to run VOG Oracles Hard to try and get more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yeah we were talking about it yesterday. I'm one of the few in our group with it. Few of the lads viewed it and we now have to run VOG Oracles Hard to try and get more of them.

I believe I've seen PF drop at the templar.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    I believe I've seen PF drop at the templar.

Can't remember where mine dropped. We googled it and it said Oracles but have seen people say they saw it drop at the Templar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement