Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm liking the Creation section on bungie.net, there some really good pictures submitted for the contests so far.

Also vote for me :P

https://www.bungie.net/en/Community/Detail?itemId=141414370

My 3rd character on the PS4 is now lvl 18 but I'm getting there so once I have that character up to 31/32 I can start raiding(maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Interesting video about Destiny and how they make us become addicted to it!

hence why I always said that there is more than RNG behind it

I enjoyed watching it

Hey guys

As some of us are just now getting into multiplayer I wanted to show you something I hope you find interesting.

I finally got the Hopscotch Pilgrim to drop and reforge it to minimize recoil, the results are fantastic specially if you compare it with something like a Spare Change 25 which was, until now my favorite non exotic pulse rifle.

This thing is just unbelievably good!! I rolled it with third eye, braced frame and head seaker.

I heard it is even better than The messenger but I will have to be the judge of that.

I know the range doesnt seem like much but so far I have barely noticed any reduction in damage when firing at far away targets!!

In conclusion, if it drops, keep it!!

I can put up some gameplay if you want it see it in action.

May problem with SC25 is that the recoil tends to move the weapon to the left which it is a bit annoying (nothing you can compensate for)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've found my one is capable of 2HKs with head shots, it's pretty boss alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Having just got used to using the sword I've wondered was it possible to get him down in one.

• Advertisement

Having just got used to using the sword I've wondered was it possible to get him down in one.

I did that with my hunter once as a challenge. It is just not worth it unless,like me, you are just looking at this as a challenge. I found that crota is too buggie, most of the times you will miss the blink jump or crota will gain health after your first ghorn or the sword bearer will not come to the middle etc.

It was a good experience but again I rather go for 2 sword when I am soloing it just to be safe.

Let me know how you get on

Man, cannot play a good game of Crucible to save my life at the moment. Getting worse and worse it seems. Had a game where I went 1-20 or so today. Getting more and more negative playing, very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Man, cannot play a good game of Crucible to save my life at the moment. Getting worse and worse it seems. Had a game where I went 1-20 or so today. Getting more and more negative playing, very frustrating.

Intestering video. Positivity seems to be the key.

https://youtu.be/tGMugrafgSo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I know that feeling! I'm rubbish at it. 15 and 11 kills were my best two games so far and made me feel great. Then I get two games in a row of 2 and 3 kills. Instantly feel deflated especially when everyone else in your team is very good. Soon as I see the map is Venus I get that sinking feeling.

Like the video mentions above, take a small break. Go play something more relaxing. I'm going to give Journey a whirl til the Tuesday reset. :)

Yea, it's like being back day 1. I'm usually decent at Control and the like. Playing a game is supposed to be fun, not leave you angry and frustrated.

• Advertisement

When it looks like I'm going to start having one of those games, and more specifically when my team is spawn trapped, I just sit back and get the odd kill.

Oh and teabag the **** out of everyone I can, that's a really good release for me when the frustration builds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bohrio wrote: »
    I finally got the Hopscotch Pilgrim to drop and reforge it to minimize recoil, the results are fantastic specially if you compare it with something like a Spare Change 25 which was, until now my favorite non exotic pulse rifle.

This thing is just unbelievably good!! I rolled it with third eye, braced frame and head seaker.

Got one to drop in PoE 28 along with two legendary engrams one of which went exotic :). Must have done 50 strikes trying to get the HP to drop. Some friends have done way more. Seen lots of people say Hidden Hand is a perk to roll and to try and max stability as much as possible. Hardly used it 'cos I need to look into the best roll possible.

Had a few games with over 30 kills - probably my best game was 26-2 thanks to the Deviant Gravity A. I have also gone 1-17. Game can be shockingly inconsistent as can I.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Had a few games with over 30 kills - probably my best game was 26-2 thanks to the Deviant Gravity A. I have also gone 1-17. Game can be shockingly inconsistent as can I.

I feel your pain.. I have tried and tried at this game and I am, in a word "sh1t" at it... My best kill score is 5 but i get usually 1 to 3 kills..

It would take me on average 4 or 5 shots to kill someone, where most guardians kill me with one shot....

I have even come across guys on fire who my bullets don't even seem to penetrate.

I am really starting to hate this game as there seems yo be nothing fair about it at all..

Can anyone tell me how I can buy some decent one shot kills weapons and some advice on SWAT to start winning at the crucible..

I have tried to buy some weapons from the crucible quartermaster but I can not buy anything at all....

Getting ready to feck this game in the bin...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I feel your pain.. I have tried and tried at this game and I am, in a word "sh1t" at it... My best kill score is 5 but i get usually 1 to 3 kills..

It would take me on average 4 or 5 shots to kill someone, where most guardians kill me with one shot....

I have even come across guys on fire who my bullets don't even seem to penetrate.

I am really starting to hate this game as there seems yo be nothing fair about it at all..

Can anyone tell me how I can buy some decent one shot kills weapons and some advice on SWAT to start winning at the crucible..

I have tried to buy some weapons from the crucible quartermaster but I can not buy anything at all....

What level are you and what types of guns are you using?

You won't be one shorted unless youve been head shot with a sniper or someone gets the jump on you with a shotgun/fusion rifle.

In your Primary slot its best to use a HC or PR, secondary ideally you want to use a Shotgun with high impact. Heavy you should use a RL with Grenades and Horseshoes. Learn where heavy spawns as you'll be garunteed at least two kills per heavy.

It does sound like your lagging a bit to be honest, what sort of connection do you get when you press the button to bring up the scoreboard ?

That depends what are you using in crucible?

Currently out there there only weapons that can one shot you are snipers (if they hit you in the head), shotguns or fusion rifles. Most hand cannons will require 2 headshots plus a body shot, pulse rifles more or less 2-4 headshot bursts etc

I was the same as you are now but I got the hang of it in the end.

It was very frustrating I agree.

I'd always use weapons that give you an advantage. Had used the Suros and fusion rifles before they were nerfed.
    Thorn is probably the best PvP primary at the moment imo. Lots of people swear by the last word but I find it harder to use. Red Death is also petty good.
    Heavy Impact Shotguns for special (Matador / Two to the Morgue / Hide & Seek 42- I really need a Felwinters) but I'll be interested in the fusions again once they are buffed.
    The Truth is the best PvP weapon in the game. It's just insane but I generally use a legendary MG - The Deviant Gravity A / Jolders Hammer or the BTRD 41

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was playing crucible at the weekend and was having some stinkers or jus taverage games - finished off with my best game ever, which my team still lost. I ended with 40 kills and a good few captures, for near 8000 points, and a 4.5KD ratio. Was hawkmooning the crap out of everything, and my rocket game was on fecking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PlainP wrote: »
    Intestering video. Positivity seems to be the key.

https://youtu.be/tGMugrafgSo

The minute I saw a linked video I knew it was going to be THAT video.

I really try not to rage to much when playing PvP.

Your best trying to change weapons, change subclasses, change game modes or just have a break and play something else
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    I know that feeling! I'm rubbish at it. 15 and 11 kills were my best two games so far and made me feel great. Then I get two games in a row of 2 and 3 kills. Instantly feel deflated especially when everyone else in your team is very good. Soon as I see the map is Venus I get that sinking feeling.

Well to put that in context, I've 900 hours played of which over 300 hours are PvP. And I'd say a few of the other lads you're playing with who jump in with me (Conovar, Dudeeile, Solvable, CDB, etc) are all probably after putting a similar amount of hours. So it's not a fair yardstick to compare yourself against.

You've played 5 hours so you're only just getting the hang of the maps and the Meta-play. As you'll see here though, your stats are improving: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/crucible/ps/usagi_san

A few more games here and there and you'll do better and better, a lot of it has to do with using the right weapon for you. PvP is one of those things that will creep up on you. Sure this thread is full of PvP nah-sayers from back in the day :)
    Like the video mentions above, take a small break. Go play something more relaxing. I'm going to give Journey a whirl til the Tuesday reset. :)

Journey is the f**king best, just make sure you try finish it in one sitting for maximum impact (it's about 2.5 - 3 hours long)
    Yea, it's like being back day 1. I'm usually decent at Control and the like. Playing a game is supposed to be fun, not leave you angry and frustrated.

Just take a break and stop trying to rush so much, as the lads said, just have a game where you play strategic, I do it quiet a bit. Ever see me grab heavy and run away and hide.... thats what I'm doing :)

Right, I'm going to break this one down a bit

To be fair, you have bad guns and bad armour. Now thats not the end of the world, but there are slight advantages you can get on Exotic Weapons and Armour that make a big difference. If we go 1v1 and my Armour lets me carry 2 grenades and melee hit twice as quickly and my guns have a faster Time to Kill etc, of course you're going to come off worse.

I said the same thing to Andrew back a few weeks ago, but you're better off avoiding the Crucible until you feel less hard done by weapon wise.

Why don't you jump in with me and we can do 2 things that will help:
    1) We can play a bit of PvP and I can talk you through the weapons, maps and perks you should be using.
    2) Do some PvE end game activates to get you some legendary weapons and armour

Lag, it's a fact of life in the Crucible

Players who have played the game longer and have beaten harder end game content will have weapons and armour that will give them advantages, thats just a fact of life in Destiny tbh.

For example, take say "Asylum" if you come up against a player like me:
    I know where and when the heavy ammo spawns
    I know how to AOE destroy one heavy using the other within a few seconds.
    I know most of the choke points and sniper lanes
    I know most of the spawn points so I can spawn rush you if my team is on top.
    I know how to use my Radar on that map to best effect (who has LoS on me vs who is on the other side of the wall)

That's just experience and everyone gets it after a time.

Better to have this talk on mic as it will depend on what gear you have in reserve. We can do share play if you like (I've done this with guys before on here) where it gives me remote access to your PS4 game so I can talk you through all your gear and tell you whats best. Actually this is a handy thing overall as I can talk through your PvP build etc. But I know most people don't like this idea as it requires trust (you can sever the connection with one button push though)

You're Rank 0 in the Crucible, you need to be Rank 3 to buy weapons
    Was playing crucible at the weekend and was having some stinkers or jus taverage games - finished off with my best game ever, which my team still lost. I ended with 40 kills and a good few captures, for near 8000 points, and a 4.5KD ratio. Was hawkmooning the crap out of everything, and my rocket game was on fecking point.

Swings and Roundabouts I guess, normally you're s**t when you play with me, good thing you got screenshot evidence :D

TL:DR: Crucible isn't something you can magic you're way into after 3 or 5 hours, it takes some patience, willingness to learn and a bit of determination. I was good (enough) at PvP after 3 hours cause I started playing PvP on September 9th. Now you're coming to the party later, it's trickier (hell even experienced players like Bohrio had to go and learn the Meta after 100s of hours of PvE experience) but not impossible.

Also, having been chatting about this whole "I'm actually trying to get good at PvP and spend less time drunkenly pi$$ing about making jokes and singing" here's how I've been getting on.

Some changes in weaponry (Hawkmoon and Thorn) and playing some games solo so I can focus more and editing my controller set up...

Huzzah! I'm quiet happy with this :)

euWh2oc.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Swings and Roundabouts I guess, normally you're s**t when you play with me, good thing you got screenshot evidence :D

I feel this is a slight harsh assessment of my skills....

Bare in mind, one of us got carried to Mercury by twitch... and it wasn't me!:P

Also, having been chatting about this whole "I'm actually trying to get good at PvP and spend less time drunkenly pi$$ing about making jokes and singing" here's how I've been getting on.

Some changes in weaponry (Hawkmoon and Thorn) and playing some games solo so I can focus more and editing my controller set up...

Huzzah! I'm quiet happy with this :)

euWh2oc.jpg?1

That's a big jump. I'm sitting at 20 now but mostly playing solo.
    One thing that really pisses me off about solo though is randoms taking the heavy when your running towards it :(
    I'd normally be top two on the team and always wait for everyone when I'm at it but they just must be saying to themselves ooooooh look purple stuff alllllll minnnnnnnnne :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a big jump. I'm sitting at 20 now but mostly playing solo.
    One thing that really pisses me off about solo though is randoms taking the heavy when your running towards it :(
    I'd normally be top two on the team and always wait for everyone when I'm at it but they just must be saying to themselves ooooooh look purple stuff alllllll minnnnnnnnne :(

"THEY ARE CAPTURING B!? WHY THE F ARE YOU STARING AT C? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Love playing with randoms, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The real problem with the Destiny Tracker skill rating is that it is heavily dependent on your % of wins.

You need to be looking at other stats to see how good you are i.e. K/D ratio, killstreaks etc.

nocal wrote: »
    The real problem with the Destiny Tracker skill rating is that it is heavily dependent on your % of wins.

You need to be looking at other stats to see how good you are i.e. K/D ratio, killstreaks etc.

Personally I'd prefer to have a high % wins rather than a high KD.
    At the end of the day its all about winning :D

"THEY ARE CAPTURING B!? WHY THE F ARE YOU STARING AT C? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Love playing with randoms, I do.

Or when im on a decent streak and holding B and C when one guy starts capping A. Spawns flip and I'm killed :( Why are you doing this :(

Ole Bluey
    Mr. Heavy Grabber
    Johnny A-Capper

Ole Bluey
    Mr. Heavy Grabber
    Johnny A-Capper

You forgot

Sir LagsAlot
    Mr Meat Shield
    Campy McCamps
    Blinky Pew Pew
    Finish Him Final Rounder

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mr Meat Shield

:pac:
    I'm gonna use this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

As someone who never liked PvP, and has seen the light thanks to Destiny, I'll chime in with a few words:

This is my very first foray into Crucible:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=267837460&characterId=2305843009229134115

And for the next few months, I could probably count on one hand, the number of times my kill count hit double digits.
    Now, I'm fairly consistently hitting high teens mid twenty's on the kill count, and a consistent positive K/D. Yes, there are the odd stinkers, but all in all, by putting myself through the pain, I've become a fairly ok PvP'er.

My PvP experience on my Titan, which is probably still my main, is crap. I just cannot do well on my Titan. Overall K/D is a 0.89.
    My Warlock is at 1.02 (Last week's was a 1.30) and my Hunter is at 1.04 (Last week 1.4) So, for me, Warlocks and Hunters are my preferred classes for PvP.

It may not be the case for everyone, but for me, the class really had an impact on how well I did/do in crucible.

I've been converted so much, that I leveled the Hunter almost exclusively via PvP.

Advice is to just stick with it. It will get better, the more you learn each map. You'll be more comfortable and confident in how you approach it. Slight improvements here and there really add up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement