Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    :pac:
    I'm gonna use this

There's a double bonus to using one. The meat shield not only adds am extra layer of armour it also tends to shoot at enemies but doesn't always kill them so your left with an easy kill :)

It is also advisable to note that meat shields don't last very long but Bungie have four others dotted around the map for your convince :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey guys

As some of us are just now getting into multiplayer I wanted to show you something I hope you find interesting.

I finally got the Hopscotch Pilgrim to drop and reforge it to minimize recoil, the results are fantastic specially if you compare it with something like a Spare Change 25 which was, until now my favorite non exotic pulse rifle.

This thing is just unbelievably good!! I rolled it with third eye, braced frame and head seaker.

I heard it is even better than The messenger but I will have to be the judge of that.

I know the range doesnt seem like much but so far I have barely noticed any reduction in damage when firing at far away targets!!

In conclusion, if it drops, keep it!!

I can put up some gameplay if you want it see it in action.

May problem with SC25 is that the recoil tends to move the weapon to the left which it is a bit annoying (nothing you can compensate for)

where does the hopsotch pulse rifle drop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

As far as I know, just Dragon Strike playlists

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

And POE28 apparently...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dragon strike and lvl 28 poE playlists apparently. No gun is worth that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How does that True Skill thing work? Apparently I've jumped a fair few ranks in the last month but haven't really noticed any improvement in my gameplay

V6Rzznt.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's based on wins, it's basically the same ranking system that was used in halo 2 & 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yes, except...I was in crucible over the weekend and decided to go with messenger over Thorn.

So I could use an exotic elsewhere. Just put Gally on and damn was it fun....shooting it into tunnels and doorways. "Double down" - oh I never realised there were 2 of them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How does the hopscotch stack up against the messenger , anyone know?

• Advertisement

How does the hopscotch stack up against the messenger , anyone know?

Slightly better not a massive amount, check DestinyDB

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Mickeroo wrote: »

Fcuk both them options I still stick to red death or messenger.

Anybody fancy getting 6 together tonight and having a blast at regular crucible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody fancy getting 6 together tonight and having a blast at regular crucible ?

No you gave out to me for robbing your kills the other night :P

Actually I'd say most will be on trials seeing as how live was messed up last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CK68OaLWoAAOREL.jpg:medium

Got my first exotic drop on the ps4 and of course its NLB ffs!

wexdevil wrote: »
    CK68OaLWoAAOREL.jpg:medium

Got my first exotic drop on the ps4 and of course its NLB ffs!

Don't knock it. That gun is gonna be the dog's balearics one of these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Don't knock it. That gun is gonna be the dog's balearics one of these days.

We live in hope

Iron Banner Tomorrow..... source.... um..... calendars? It's been like every 28 days like

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice, but I have decides to not play it anymore as it is driving me up the wall... And for my ow sanity I will bow out now... Thanks again to everyone who offered advice and help... But I am not going to renew my PS plus so there will be no more crucible for me...

Thanks and happy shooting...

But I am not going to renew my PS plus so there will be no more crucible for me...

Wish I'd known that before I'd given you the 1 month free code 3 days ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wish I'd known that before I'd given you the 1 month free code 3 days ago :rolleyes:

Ha brilliant :D

CD keys have a 12 month PS Plus for 20% off

Can you get Auto Fire on the Hopscotch pilgrim i wonder?. It has the same damage as the messenger so it'll be lethal if i could get that.

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice, but I have decides to not play it anymore as it is driving me up the wall... And for my ow sanity I will bow out now... Thanks again to everyone who offered advice and help... But I am not going to renew my PS plus so there will be no more crucible for me...

Thanks and happy shooting...

PvP may not be for you, but your going to be missing out on the PvE end content that require fireteams. At that rate you may well trade the game in.

I have to say, that's a ****ing awesome video. Some real top quality editing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Iron Banner Tomorrow..... source.... um..... calendars? It's been like every 28 days like

Has it really been 28 days? Honestly feels like it was on two weeks ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Well to put that in context, I've 900 hours played of which over 300 hours are PvP. And I'd say a few of the other lads you're playing with who jump in with me (Conovar, Dudeeile, Solvable, CDB, etc) are all probably after putting a similar amount of hours. So it's not a fair yardstick to compare yourself against.

You've played 5 hours so you're only just getting the hang of the maps and the Meta-play. As you'll see here though, your stats are improving: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/crucible/ps/usagi_san

A few more games here and there and you'll do better and better, a lot of it has to do with using the right weapon for you. PvP is one of those things that will creep up on you. Sure this thread is full of PvP nah-sayers from back in the day :)

Cheers Cormac, I definitely won't give up on the PVP. I don't expect to be great at it considering the lack of time I've put in, but sometimes I just wish it was easier for beginners to get used to it or feel like they're making progress - like playing with similarly ranked players or being able to choose a map so you could get to learn it or some sort of options to limit the types of weapons allowed etc.
    Journey is the f**king best, just make sure you try finish it in one sitting for maximum impact (it's about 2.5 - 3 hours long)

Heard it was great so will give it a lash tonight. Get back on the Destiny wagon tomorrow night. Had to chuckle when the misses spotted me playing another game over the weekend (South Park: Stick of Truth I think it was), she goes - "have you given up on Destiny?". Not a chance woman. :cool:
    We can do share play if you like (I've done this with guys before on here) where it gives me remote access to your PS4 game so I can talk you through all your gear and tell you whats best. Actually this is a handy thing overall as I can talk through your PvP build etc. But I know most people don't like this idea as it requires trust (you can sever the connection with one button push though)

This is something I meant to ask you before actually. Was there a way for me to show you all my weapons/gear and their upgrades so you could tell me what is worth investing time in or not. I'd have no problem doing the Share Play thing some time, if it doesn't bore you to tears ofc! :pac:

/Edit: Maybe this might help the PVP play - PS4 mouse & keyboard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Been away from the game a bit the last while (the odd game of control here and there not withstanding) but gave Trials a go tonight. Did 9 and 1 without too much hassle. Lost on cauldron twice, we had the buff, because we had no idea what tactics to use on that map. Really not a fan of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ha brilliant :D

CD keys have a 12 month PS Plus for 20% off

Prepaid Psn codes are country specific. I doubt they have any Irish codes.

Seems the Bungie store will have its own variant of the Titan figure containing a Hammer of Sol in addition to the standard three weapons.
    http://bungiestore.com/products/3a-1-6th-scale-titan-collectible-figure-bungie-store-edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Been away from the game a bit the last while (the odd game of control here and there not withstanding) but gave Trials a go tonight. Did 9 and 1 without too much hassle. Lost on cauldron twice, we had the buff, because we had no idea what tactics to use on that map. Really not a fan of it.

I hate you :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement