Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was leaning toward Pocket Infinity..has only 3 rounds but from what I've seen it looks amazing regardless of the rounds

It has the extended battery perk to bring it up to 5, but with the Pocket Infinity perk on you are better off going for the increased stability as it kicks like a mule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was leaning toward Pocket Infinity..has only 3 rounds but from what I've seen it looks amazing regardless of the rounds

Good choice. In my opinion it's the best of the three. And Super Good Advice isn't a very good Exotic weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Good choice. In my opinion it's the best of the three. And Super Good Advice isn't a very good Exotic weapon.

I find SGA quite effective when fired in bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

now to just do these tasks...and level up so I can take on nightfall :(

now to just do these tasks...and level up so I can take on nightfall :(

What level are you now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did ye end up beating him shortly after?

We did yeah, it's all a bit of a blur, I was long gone on the drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I dont know man... have you ever used it against oracles?

(Almost) every missed bullet is returned to its magazine, it considers the oracles as missed shots so you literally have infinite bullets...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Another annoying glitch

You stab him, you dont go invisible stands up and stabs you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

What level are you now?

27 now..could possibly be 28 if I upgrade one of the legendary armour pieces, but I'm short on the ascendant things

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Big thanks to the lads that helped do VOG HM tonight... RNGesus was finally good to me. Picked up a legendary helmet (worse than my current one ofc), Atheons Epilogue (which will help with the Thorn bounty), a legendary sparrow and... the much fabled, rarely seen (for some) Gjallarhorn

There was much jellyness emanating from the other 5 raid members regarding that last item :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Big thanks to the lads that helped do VOG HM tonight... RNGesus was finally good to me. Picked up a legendary helmet (worse than my current one ofc), Atheons Epilogue (which will help with the Thorn bounty), a legendary sparrow and... the much fabled, rarely seen (for some) Gjallarhorn

There was much jellyness emanating from the other 5 raid members regarding that last item :p

Not really. It's painful to use in PvP. I don't use a primary going for Thorn. Have a good fusion and also use the Truth or Corrective Measures. Got my second Thorn yesterday . Such a good gun.
    Had my first real bad connection in PvP yesterday. Literally could not get a kill. Turned router off and it was fine when I logged back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd say Word of Crota's useable for that bounty, I think I did it with my trust Wizard 77 back in the day, Epilogue is horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Quick question regarding raid gear. Do the they always roll with same attributes (INT, STR, DIS)? I got a chest piece from CE for my Warlock, went bananas and used all my shards to upgrade it fully. Then I noticed it had Intellect and Strength, I prefer to have Intellect and discipline for my armour. Is there a possibility that armour with those attributes can drop in future - assuming RNGesus plays nice?

nevelator wrote: »
    Quick question regarding raid gear. Do the they always roll with same attributes (INT, STR, DIS)? I got a chest piece from CE for my Warlock, went bananas and used all my shards to upgrade it fully. Then I noticed it had Intellect and Strength, I prefer to have Intellect and discipline for my armour. Is there a possibility that armour with those attributes can drop in future - assuming RNGesus plays nice?

No it's different.
    One of my character's loadouts has 400 plus dicipline (benefits max out at 270 I think) and zero intelligence. Kind of like me when making the character.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nevelator wrote: »

Yes it is random. I've five different CE chest pieces for my Titans. One has intellect, one has didcpline. I also have one INT/STR, one with STR/DIS and one with INT/DIS.

same goes for the boots and gauntlets.

Unfortunately all of the CE armour that has dropped for me has favoured strength. I'd rather have intelligence and discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I would just be happy to get some armour drops from CE! I've one piece of CE armour for my warlock, whereas the hunter has two (legs/helmet). The hunter just needs one more piece of 36 light and I'll grind to 32. Every time I run CE I get shards/energy or else I get Oversoul Edict or Abyss Defiant - I think I've got three of each now!

I'm away with work until Thursday afternoon (I'm in Casablanca now of all places as I type this) ... I'm suffering a serious case of Destiny withdrawal! At laest there'll be weekly/nightfalls waiting for me when I get back - I'm sure myself and Quad Red will be looking for a third if anyone fancies running them with us on Thursday evening.

Sure it's a ghost town tower by Thursday :pac:

Yeah ... that was my thinking too.
    Ah well ... at least there may be fewer glitches with less people on.

I'm told by Quad that there was a big update yesterday/last night - was this the one to buff/nerf weapons (the shotgun/hand cannon/fusion/auto rifle/pulse rifle realignment)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Not really. It's painful to use in PvP. I don't use a primary going for Thorn. Have a good fusion and also use the Truth or Corrective Measures.
    AdamD wrote: »
    I'd say Word of Crota's useable for that bounty, I think I did it with my trust Wizard 77 back in the day, Epilogue is horrific.

It is indeed painful and horrific... but, in saying that, its helped me go from 0-152/500 in 3 games... and I'm exceptionally average in the Crucible.

I only have one decent fusion rifle, the Murmur, which is sadly Arc/Solar.

I am hovering around the heavy ammo drop area so I can equip my machine gun, but alas, I don't last too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I would just be happy to get some armour drops from CE! I've one piece of CE armour for my warlock, whereas the hunter has two (legs/helmet). The hunter just needs one more piece of 36 light and I'll grind to 32. Every time I run CE I get shards/energy or else I get Oversoul Edict or Abyss Defiant - I think I've got three of each now!

I'm away with work until Thursday afternoon (I'm in Casablanca now of all places as I type this) ... I'm suffering a serious case of Destiny withdrawal! At laest there'll be weekly/nightfalls waiting for me when I get back - I'm sure myself and Quad Red will be looking for a third if anyone fancies running them with us on Thursday evening.

I'll give you a hand if you need it on Thursday. I'm sure I'll have some gear to level up.

Cheers Steve - three is always better than two on the nightfall.

I don't know if everyone knew this but the drops on CE Normal and Hard are different and not combined like the VoG.
    Specials and Heavys ONLY drop on Normal mode.
    Primaries ONLY drop on Hard Mode.
    Apparently if you run Hard 1st, then normal, you get nothing for Normal.
    Moral of the story is to run Normal if you still want secondary/heavy weapons, then run Hard

I don't do/haven't done the Crota Raid much yet all I need is the chestplate for the hunter, the handcannon and shotgun. Drops are much better than VOG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Any one around later to help with VoG Hard and CE Normal. Have Gorgon and Crota CP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Cormac... wrote: »
    I don't know if everyone knew this but the drops on CE Normal and Hard are different and not combined like the VoG.
    Specials and Heavys ONLY drop on Normal mode.
    Primaries ONLY drop on Hard Mode.
    Apparently if you run Hard 1st, then normal, you get nothing for Normal.
    Moral of the story is to run Normal if you still want secondary/heavy weapons, then run Hard

So you can run normal followed by hard on the same character and get two sets of drops?

bugs wrote: »
    So you can run normal followed by hard on the same character and get two sets of drops?

Apparently, I mean they would be different drops guns wise, I don't know about the Armour drops and the Chests definitely only open once per run.

I wouldn't mind giving Normal a shot anyway as I want the Fusion and Rocket Launcher

The Crota fusion is a monster. Rocket launcher is very good too if you're one of the unfortunate ones without the jellyhorn, like me.

Any one around later to help with VoG Hard and CE Normal. Have Gorgon and Crota CP's.

I would not mind finishing off the CE raid. I had to quit out at Crota on Saturday night. What time are you planning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Found a good strategy for getting Crota down in two swords on HM without doing something crazy like getting 3 downs with a single sword.

The strategy here is for an invisible hunter to attack Crota from behind effectively using him as a shield from both sets of boomers. If every rocket hits Crota will start kneeling as soon as the wolfpack rounds deploy. Hit Crota with 1x R1/RB, 4x R2/RT as soon as you see the wolfpack rounds to get five hits per down.

The important part though is for the DPS team to sporadically shoot a Crota while he is down as it apparently harmonises the time he stays down for all players and prevents the quick up and melee problem that Bohrio posted videos of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement