Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

cKCx93A.gif
    If only I had of been a second quicker, missed opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Decided to hang up my Thorn for this Iron Banner, it was getting a bit stale. I really wanted to like Monte Carlo, its perk coupled with a Hunters throwing knifes could have made for an awesome combination (I love throwing knives) unfortunately MC is little more than a tickle machine at the moment :( Hopefully its more viable after the buff.

Running with Mida Multi-tool instead, what a gun :D Play as Hunter and you're the fastest fecker in the Crucible, had some great moments with it last night, really bringing the fun back.

Gonna give Plan-C a go on my second or third characters once I get Hunter to lvl5, enjoying this IB so far :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I ditched Thorn lately too as I'm sick of it and started chopping and changing between the Scholar and the Messenger. Really enjoying the messenger, only down side is both are rubbish when hip fired in close quarters which is the main aspect of Thorn I miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've been using VoC, Found Verdict and Truth and doing quiet well.

Using Truth is a god-send when all the other players are trying to do their Machine Gun bounty :cool:

Helped me get 3, 15 kills streaks so far this IB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

No.9 in Ireland for zones captured with the Warlock (the only one I do PvP with).

.... I knew there had to be a reason for my terrible showing in K/D and score!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've been using VoC, Found Verdict and Truth and doing quiet well.

Using Truth is a god-send when all the other players are trying to do their Machine Gun bounty :cool:

Helped me get 3, 15 kills streaks so far this IB

Nice, I'v had Truth in my Vault since about October last year. I don't think its even fired a single rocket. Im running out of exotics to level though, I think its just that and No land beyond left to do, Il give it a spin then. :)

Nice, I'v had Truth in my Vault since about October last year. I don't think its even fired a single rocket. Im running out of exotics to level though, I think its just that and No land beyond left to do, Il give it a spin then. :)

Truth might be one of the most fun weapons in the game. The tracking is INSANE. There's tons of Videos of it doing class stuff. You need to make sure you're locked on though. Other than that it has High Velocity and Blast Radius and Tripod too, so it's pretty much God-Tier, best PvP Heavy in the game

Not sure if it is related to it, well actually I really doubt it is, but Tuesday night I noticed a guy that had left the game, was showing up in the kill feed with his name in white text, showing for being killed and getting kills, but not back showing as on mine or the other team.

I dunno, it was different, and I didn't like it. I don't like change godsdamnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Played last night for the first time in years and got my Warlock up to level 30 through the class vendor gear. Is there any other way to progress from there considering that I probably won't be able to raid? Don't really know anyone else playing the game and I'm usually not able to play in the evenings.

Played last night for the first time in years and got my Warlock up to level 30 through the class vendor gear. Is there any other way to progress from there considering that I probably won't be able to raid? Don't really know anyone else playing the game and I'm usually not able to play in the evenings.

Short Answer: No, not really, you can get to 31.5 with Vendor Gear and an Exotic, if you grind Iron Banner or Nightfalls you can get Etheric Light to level up more

Long Answer: Most of the things you need to hit 32+ are in non-matchmade activities (Trials, Prison of Elders 32+, Nightfalls, Crotas End Raid), you should try get in a team of 6 for stuff like that, it's a blast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Soloing the NF and a friend joins on Tanicks.
    2 Ghallahorns, so no problem.
    Anytime you die in a NF it's generally stupidity or rushing. My stupid rushing friend dies out in the middle. Tanicks is almost down so I take a chance, come out of cover - get a shot off and get nailed, ffs. Going to orbit in 3....2..... The Wolf Rounds get Tanicks & I get a Monte Carlo (shard) :D.

What's IB playing like this week? I'm hearing a lot of complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

I've only had a few games of IB this week and on PS4 the connections have been very inconsistent. Like above I've left thorn behind a few weeks ago and my new love is the Messenger. This thing is a headshot machine with perfect balance equipt.

Also, I've registered on destinytracker but for some reason it won't sync local leaderboards. Has anyone had a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

chunkydave wrote: »
    I've only had a few games of IB this week and on PS4 the connections have been very inconsistent. Like above I've left thorn behind a few weeks ago and my new love is the Messenger. This thing is a headshot machine with perfect balance equipt.

Also, I've registered on destinytracker but for some reason it won't sync local leaderboards. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I think i may have had some lag. Again I only played a few games and sometimes my movement would be slightly behind the controller movement. May be my controller though.

Also similar situation with the regional leaderboard not loading

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Found IB to be pretty miserable this time around tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Found IB to be pretty miserable this time around tbh.

Lag issues are laughable. Some horrible horrible connections making playing a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Lag issues are laughable. Some horrible horrible connections making playing a joke.

Yeah, I found Tuesday and Wednesday to be terrible at times. Yesterday wasn't so bad, unless that means I was the one lagging of course! Which could account for my better than average k/d's yesterday, because I don't think I'm getting any better at pvp.

Xur: No Backup Plans, Knucklehead Radar, Claws of Ahamkara, Suros Regime, and a helmet engram.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

His Royal Xurness:

No Backup Plans - 97 Strength (13 Coins)
    Knucklehead Radar - 100 Strength (13 Coins)
    Claws of Ahamkara - 55 Discipline / 64 Strength (13 Coins)
    Suros Regime (23 Coins)
    Exotic Helm Engram

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think i may have had some lag. Again I only played a few games and sometimes my movement would be slightly behind the controller movement. May be my controller though.

Also similar situation with the regional leaderboard not loading

I find that the DS4 is prone to wireless interference. My keyboard and mouse sometimes end up on the same channel and the controls get pretty choppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Is Trials on a map rotation system again this week? I think it worked well last weekend. Can't for the life of me understand why they don't flip spawns every round though. Every map has one spawn that offers a significant advantage *cough* widows court *cough* :D

• Advertisement

chunkydave wrote: »
    Is Trials on a map rotation system again this week? I think it worked well last weekend. Can't for the life of me understand why they don't flip spawns every round though. Every map has one spawn that offers a significant advantage *cough* widows court *cough* :D

No, I think it was only for the last event that they had the map rotation. Should be back to single map for the weekend.

Bungies forums are awash with salt. It all breaks down to: "y did i get bnd? i did nutin"

Bungies forums are awash with salt. It all breaks down to: "y did i get bnd? i did nutin"

Never above an ole robbing/repost

MpDaxAe.jpg

What annoys me is the people making parody threads/people being aholes -_- been doing a fair bit of detagging/warning/banning on there this morning.

blergh

Why does anyone even still use Bungie.net? What's the point? I'd liken it to viewing wild animals in an enclosure.

Ah here's the "Thinks-He-Knows-What-Sacarsm-and-Pardody-are-13-year-old" or "Bigicitus-swingitus-dickus" in latin

wexdevil wrote: »
    What annoys me is the people making parody threads/people being aholes -_- been doing a fair bit of detagging/warning/banning on there this morning.

blergh

Although, those parody threads really do pull in some grade A idiots who fall for them. Example

Ah here's the "Thinks-He-Knows-What-Sacarsm-and-Pardody-are-13-year-old" or "Bigicitus-swingitus-dickus" in latin

aimed at me? :o

wexdevil wrote: »
    aimed at me? :o

No, not at all, the Toxicity of Bungie.net is what made me join Reddit after all :)

No, not at all, the Toxicity of Bungie.net is what made me join Reddit after all :)

Oh okay, yeah it's become very toxic ever since they changed the site two years ago(not that there wasn't trolls and ****e before then) and just generally loosed up on the moderation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thats saying something considering how toxic Reddit is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement